Purchase Arty

Arty

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

PongForYourHomeTV #1 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 02:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
Is there any way to purchase an arty because  the main reason I downloaded the game is to play as an arty and I couldn't find any way to get an arty other then getting one by playing as a non arty and going through the tech tree

rockbutcher #2 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 02:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 25003 battles
  • [BSQ] BSQ
Given your avatar, I would caution others to not feed the troll.

ArmorStorm #3 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 40876 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Nope, just uninstall now. 

LeaveIT2Beaver #4 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 40801 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

:trollface:  UR MY TEACHER

PongForYourHomeTV #5 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
IM LITERALLY CONFUSED IM NOT A TROLL WHY DOES EVERY ONE THINK IM A TROLL

PongForYourHomeTV #6 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View Postrockbutcher, on Dec 28 2020 - 17:57, said:

WHY DO YOU THINK IM A TROLL MAN JESUS ILL CHANGE MY AVATAR I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE THINKS IM A TROLL

PongForYourHomeTV #7 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View Postrockbutcher, on Dec 28 2020 - 17:57, said:

IS THE PANTHER M10 BAD OR SOMETHING?? ITS MY HIGHEST DAMAGE TANK

bake3020 #8 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:55

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostPongForYourHomeTV, on Dec 29 2020 - 01:55, said:

Is there any way to purchase an arty because  the main reason I downloaded the game is to play as an arty and I couldn't find any way to get an arty other then getting one by playing as a non arty and going through the tech tree

Yes, you have to go up the tech tree(s) of your favorite nations and unlock the arty of your choice, just like any other tank.  There is no other way around it.

bake3020 #9 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:55

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostPongForYourHomeTV, on Dec 29 2020 - 02:45, said:

IS THE PANTHER M10 BAD OR SOMETHING?? ITS MY HIGHEST DAMAGE TANK

It is certainly not a very good vehicle, that's for sure and a total waste.

Projectile_Misfired #10 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles

View PostPongForYourHomeTV, on Dec 29 2020 - 01:55, said:

Yes. WG will, on occasion, sell the 105 leFH18B2. But you will have to wait for it.

And, there is the slight possibility the either it or the Sexton I will be made available on the Black Market. So, you can wait for that. You will need to save up a lot of Gold and Credits as it's unknown which currency it will cost if they are sold.

Or, you can enjoy playing a few low-tier matches to earn your way to the arty lines. 

stalkervision #11 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 04:06

Major

• Players
  • 83880 battles
You can start with a very early low tier party.

ChaseR392 #12 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 04:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13425 battles

View PostPongForYourHomeTV, on Dec 29 2020 - 03:43, said:

IM LITERALLY CONFUSED IM NOT A TROLL WHY DOES EVERY ONE THINK IM A TROLL

Because after a whopping 7 battles you're kind of giving off that vibe....

Your first thread centered around your impatience with waiting for your tank to be available after you are killed in battle. So much so your were exiting the client (which may be why you show almost 30 battles in your Pather M10 only 7 "official" battles).

Your second thread centers around your impatience to unlock artillery.... after 7 battles.... 7. And you use the phrase "arty"... which is the common term for artillery used by players. Arty is a polarizing subject on the forum (although there is nothing wrong with playing it IMO), and given the fact you are new and already stepping on that 3rd rail seems... well... trollish.

You are already playing Tier 7.... and you don't have a clue what you are doing. It won't be long before you start drawing the ire of your fellow players in battle... and some of your responses thus far lead me to believe you are rather thin-skinned when it comes to criticism. I suspect "mean players" will be your 3rd thread....

Want a bit of friendly advice? Stay in Tiers 2 and 3, learn the game mechanics and explore the lower end of the tech trees. Plenty of people here will answer legitimate questions from new players. If you don't have the patience to play 1000's of battles learning this game and grinding up the tech trees.... well then this game isn't for you.

PongForYourHomeTV #13 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 04:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
I changed my avatar am I not a troll anymore!?!?!?

PongForYourHomeTV #14 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 04:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View PostChaseR392, on Dec 28 2020 - 19:09, said:

Because after a whopping 7 battles you're kind of giving off that vibe....

Your first thread centered around your impatience with waiting for your tank to be available after you are killed in battle. So much so your were exiting the client (which may be why you show almost 30 battles in your Pather M10 only 7 "official" battles).

Your second thread centers around your impatience to unlock artillery.... after 7 battles.... 7. And you use the phrase "arty"... which is the common term for artillery used by players. Arty is a polarizing subject on the forum (although there is nothing wrong with playing it IMO), and given the fact you are new and already stepping on that 3rd rail seems... well... trollish.

You are already playing Tier 7.... and you don't have a clue what you are doing. It won't be long before you start drawing the ire of your fellow players in battle... and some of your responses thus far lead me to believe you are rather thin-skinned when it comes to criticism. I suspect "mean players" will be your 3rd thread....

Want a bit of friendly advice? Stay in Tiers 2 and 3, learn the game mechanics and explore the lower end of the tech trees. Plenty of people here will answer legitimate questions from new players. If you don't have the patience to play 1000's of battles learning this game and grinding up the tech trees.... well then this game isn't for you.

Ok I really appreciate this response I will do this

heavymetal1967 #15 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 04:23

Major

• Players
  • 81035 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostChaseR392, on Dec 28 2020 - 22:09, said:

FTFY  especially the "this game isn't for you".  Not aimed at you by the way.

Hell if that held true much of the player base wouldn't be in the clueless shambles that it is to be honest.  

There is no 1000s of battles to grind up the tech tree now.  That's a thing of the past due to blueprints/fragments, free universal x5s (I'm still stitting on well over a hundred), xp boosters, xN events, On Track events that give a free daily x5 on each tank and the ability to buy 2 more per tank at a low price, prem daily x4s. free xp awards in daily missions, etc. etc. etc...

And while I agree about learning the game there's no rule to say he has to nor incentive especially in light of the above re: grinding.  Hell if nothing else WG has incentivized grinding to the top quick and fast per the earlier things I mentioned.  Focus on getting the new players to the top quick as possible and treat their march up the tiers like a fire sale.  Get what they can out of them while they can.  If they stick around fine.  If not rinse and repeat the next new cycle.

Now that that's out of the way. 

OP learning the game early on will benefit you in the long run per the quoted poster.  Also avoiding power grinding one line will help that and will help you grind/train your crews and find out what tanks/classes you prefer.  Also find a good clan to help you learn the game if that's your cup of tea.  And in addition to the forum there's other sites, etc... available to help flatten the learning curve.  I'd probalby up the tiers a few to 3 and 4 to avoid some of the earlier things.  But that's going from forum osmosis as it wasn't as bad as it seems it is now.

Edit:  OP there are only two premium arty the low tier Sexton UK arty and the French Lef tier five.  They both aren't for sale often and mainly in my opinion because of the limit on arty per game as more in the population would create issues related to that limit.  

Edited by heavymetal1967, Dec 29 2020 - 04:40.

Penelope_Pitstop #16 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 08:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 451 battles
  • [HNR] HNR
If you have finished all your new player missions, WG will reward you with a tier 6 tank of your choosing. Check you missions list for it. You then can choose a tier 6 arty. Most say the US M44 is the most forgiving one for new players. 

Carlos_dfc #17 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 12:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 364 battles

View PostPenelope_Pitstop, on Dec 29 2020 - 07:14, said:

If you have finished all your new player missions, WG will reward you with a tier 6 tank of your choosing. Check you missions list for it. You then can choose a tier 6 arty. Most say the US M44 is the most forgiving one for new players. 

^^^^  THIS  ^^^^

I have a mostly-arty account on EU server.

Complete the beginner missions, and for your free tier 6 tank, choose the M44.

You will have to play SOME games in normal tanks, but not all that many.

On my 'Arty' acc...

1)  I played enough normal tanks just enough to get the M44...

2)  Then played a bunch of games in the T-34-85m that you get as a rental - to get some XP from it.

3)  Saved up all the free XP - and used the gold you get during beginner missions to convert battle XP earned with the T-34-85m.

4)  Used the fee XP I'd built up and/or converted to skip through the early tiers of the French line until I got to the first French arty

5)  Save free XP from arties I now had, to skip early tiers of other arty lines.

I'd start arty lines in the following order:

US - France - Germany - Russia - UK

US is best arty line overall -French next best overall - I like Germany arty up to and including tier 7 - Rus are OK, but 'feel' clunky to me, though I do like the S-51

Brits take some getting used to, they can lob over many obstructions that others can't, but they have low range so you have to move up and risk getting detected - much harder now with wheelies in the game.

There are only two premium arties in the game.

Tier 3 British Sexton I, but you never see that any more - and the tier 5 French LeFH18b2

The tier 5 Frenchy does get sold in bundles from time to time, so it's still pretty rare.It's frankly overpowered (and universally hated by non-arty players)

And almost forgot:

There are some decent arties in the 'collectors' section (click the tank icon next to the nation name in the tech tree)

UK - I love the Birch Gun

Germany - tier 3 Wespe is OK - tier 4 Sturmpanzer and the PZ Sfl IVb are both good too.

France - tier 4 AMX 105 is almost as good as the similar tier 5

Russia - Su-5 is also quite good

Edited by Carlos_dfc, Dec 29 2020 - 13:21.

stalkervision #18 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 83880 battles

View PostPenelope_Pitstop, on Dec 29 2020 - 02:14, said:

This is actually what Quickly baby did with his free to play account.

PongForYourHomeTV #19 Posted Dec 30 2020 - 03:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View PostCarlos_dfc, on Dec 29 2020 - 03:50, said:

^^^^  THIS  ^^^^

I have a mostly-arty account on EU server.

Complete the beginner missions, and for your free tier 6 tank, choose the M44.

You will have to play SOME games in normal tanks, but not all that many.

On my 'Arty' acc...

1)  I played enough normal tanks just enough to get the M44...

2)  Then played a bunch of games in the T-34-85m that you get as a rental - to get some XP from it.

3)  Saved up all the free XP - and used the gold you get during beginner missions to convert battle XP earned with the T-34-85m.

4)  Used the fee XP I'd built up and/or converted to skip through the early tiers of the French line until I got to the first French arty

5)  Save free XP from arties I now had, to skip early tiers of other arty lines.

I'd start arty lines in the following order:

US - France - Germany - Russia - UK

US is best arty line overall -French next best overall - I like Germany arty up to and including tier 7 - Rus are OK, but 'feel' clunky to me, though I do like the S-51

Brits take some getting used to, they can lob over many obstructions that others can't, but they have low range so you have to move up and risk getting detected - much harder now with wheelies in the game.

There are only two premium arties in the game.

Tier 3 British Sexton I, but you never see that any more - and the tier 5 French LeFH18b2

The tier 5 Frenchy does get sold in bundles from time to time, so it's still pretty rare.It's frankly overpowered (and universally hated by non-arty players)

And almost forgot:

There are some decent arties in the 'collectors' section (click the tank icon next to the nation name in the tech tree)

UK - I love the Birch Gun

Germany - tier 3 Wespe is OK - tier 4 Sturmpanzer and the PZ Sfl IVb are both good too.

France - tier 4 AMX 105 is almost as good as the similar tier 5

Russia - Su-5 is also quite good

Thank you this is very helpful 

PongForYourHomeTV #20 Posted Dec 30 2020 - 03:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View PostPenelope_Pitstop, on Dec 28 2020 - 23:14, said:

Ok. I will do this thank you :D

Also tagged with Arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users