arty pummeled unfair. must stop

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Sgt_two #1 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 00:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29600 battles
  • [FOV] FOV
Just came back from a defensive battle from city in Siegfried map. I just took a pummeling from TRIPLE arty without being able to hit a single target, in first 30 seconds. Triple arty breaks the game and makes it unplayable as a medium tank like FV4202.  Putting WG on notice, I Sgt_two, hereby will not spend another dime on this game, until you cease triple arty. Yes I am a tomato, and do not care what people think. Had been playing for fun, but it's getting un-fun. I suggest my fellow tankers take the same position, lest they be taken as suckers. Bought my last tank, this holiday season, until further notice. I have essentials. No skin off my back!

DarlingInTheTanxxUwU #2 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 00:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 27092 battles
  • [-02-] -02-
Welcome to World Of Tanks. Nothing short of removing artillery (or at least the Shift key that makes it broken and godlike) will make us happy. But that will never happen.

Winterpeger #3 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 01:33

Major

• Players
  • 55611 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Ok... so if arties are not allowed to concentrate fire, then neither can td's, heavies, mediums or scouts.

dunniteowl #4 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 01:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 33913 battles

Complains about enemy focus fire, but probably also complains when own team mates fail to do same.

Seems legit.

OvO

StoolSamples #5 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 02:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 296 battles

View Postdominator_OwO, on Jan 02 2021 - 15:33, said:

Welcome to World Of Tanks. Nothing short of removing artillery (or at least the Shift key that makes it broken and godlike) will make us happy. But that will never happen.

dont lie nothing will ever make you happy

bake3020 #6 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 02:23

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Postdominator_OwO, on Jan 02 2021 - 23:33, said:

This is so not true.  It just points to the fact that someone just doesn't really know how to play the game and instead of accepting this fact, they blame arty.  Hey, I play arty, I do very well in arty but I do know how to stay arty safe.  If you don't play arty, then you just don't usually learn how to not be a victim, most of the time.  Besides, if OP & you don't like it, then I would suggest finding a game that doesn't have it.

DarlingInTheTanxxUwU #7 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 02:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 27092 battles
  • [-02-] -02-

View Postbake3020, on Jan 02 2021 - 19:23, said:

This is so not true.  It just points to the fact that someone just doesn't really know how to play the game and instead of accepting this fact, they blame arty.  Hey, I play arty, I do very well in arty but I do know how to stay arty safe.  If you don't play arty, then you just don't usually learn how to not be a victim, most of the time.  Besides, if OP & you don't like it, then I would suggest finding a game that doesn't have it.

I have two tier 10 SPGs in my garage. I know that there is no such thing as arty safe, merely arty resistant. If an enemy SPG decides he really wants to damage you, he can almost always splash you. The only way to ensure you won't get clicked on and have half your crew killed is to play so far back and conservatively that you can't influence the outcome of the battle.

I'd be more than pleased if they removed all SPGs even with 0 compensation for the players (myself included). 

As far as the find another game bit, that is a useless argument because there IS no game like WoT. At least not one that still has a playerbase.

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 02:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 20816 battles
Try not to be the first one spotted. Everybody will shoot at you.

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles
Stop using the Anonymizer and they won't think you're a unicom.

choSenfroZen_1 #10 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 03:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6347 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostSgt_two, on Jan 02 2021 - 15:25, said:

Just came back from a defensive battle from city in Siegfried map. I just took a pummeling from TRIPLE arty without being able to hit a single target, in first 30 seconds. Triple arty breaks the game and makes it unplayable as a medium tank like FV4202.  Putting WG on notice, I Sgt_two, hereby will not spend another dime on this game, until you cease triple arty. Yes I am a tomato, and do not care what people think. Had been playing for fun, but it's getting un-fun. I suggest my fellow tankers take the same position, lest they be taken as suckers. Bought my last tank, this holiday season, until further notice. I have essentials. No skin off my back!

Unplayable.

Wow, you really have it wrong.

You provided yourself as a sacrifice, just so your arty players had multiple chances for counter battery.

Sounds like you were the first spotted, at a known position, and then

compounded your agony by not hitting the S key as soon as 6th senses went off.

You were to 1 who chose to go forward, get spotted and not back up, where is this unplayable.

Sgt_two #11 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 14:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29600 battles
  • [FOV] FOV
Well if some of you don't like that, you really aren't gonna like this- WG has a nasty habit of using lag creatively to mess with the player, and influence outcomes. That's cheating the player, just like putting players in a match late, to influence outcomes is cheating the player. Either that or tech glitches, which are inexcusable after they concentrate so much on pretty-pretty, instead of improving game mechanics. Again, create a united movement against pay for play, or be suckers.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 18:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 33913 battles

View PostSgt_two, on Jan 03 2021 - 07:00, said:

Well if some of you don't like that, you really aren't gonna like this- WG has a nasty habit of using lag creatively to mess with the player, and influence outcomes. That's cheating the player, just like putting players in a match late, to influence outcomes is cheating the player. Either that or tech glitches, which are inexcusable after they concentrate so much on pretty-pretty, instead of improving game mechanics. Again, create a united movement against pay for play, or be suckers.

First of all, no-one said they didn't like your post.  Disagreement is not dislike.  They're not automatically conjoined.

I deal with lag all the time.  I have rural wireless internet, beamed to my home from a tower 4.7 miles away.  It's that or satellite where I live (imagine that, satellite internet for gaming).  I am also a Yesterday's Technology Today tech gamer, my computer was made in 2010.  Lastly, I am a 100% Free To Play Pubbie (FTPP).

I have not spent a single penny to play.

Everything that you make claim that follows the underlined and bolded section in the quote above is interesting.  I wouldn't say I didn't like it.  I mean, things that make you laugh you can't dislike, right?

Allow me to present to you a few questions, if you will.

How does WG create, induce or otherwise manage to use this 'lag' to influence outcomes?  I would love to hear your explanation of how this is accomplished.  I don't require nitty gritty details, just present the overall scheme of how it's managed will be more than enough.

Next:  What possible benefit could WG be 'gaining' from the habit of creatively messing with the players by changing lag?  In other words, the amount of effort required for WG to create this so far undetectable algorithm/program has to provide some positive and identifiable income due to its use.  So, please explain how the use of this method provides that benefit to WG such that they would do so -- and yet still keep it so secret no one has any evidence of it.

I think if you can answer those two questions, I'd be able to determine better whether or not I should 'like' or not your presentation. 

Thanks!

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

MGFranks #13 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 33655 battles
  • [2TAT] 2TAT

Arty players live for your tears.

LTP.

StoolSamples #14 Posted Jan 03 2021 - 21:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 296 battles

View PostMGFranks, on Jan 03 2021 - 09:28, said:

Arty players live for your tears.

LTP.

who needs a keto diet when the salty tears will keep me nourished forever

ShutUpBasementVirgin #15 Posted Jan 04 2021 - 08:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 197 battles
  • [-LT-] -LT-

View PostAZBoiler, on Jan 04 2021 - 03:24, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

You're not that smart...let's get that out of the way.

Also RU has 10% of their players (as of a few years ago, gone up since then) that play just arty. So yea, WG isn't going to listen to you couch CEOs.

MokeyLOG #16 Posted Jan 05 2021 - 22:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 21440 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Amen, I just posted something similiar 
http://forum.worldof...-splash-damage/

Manimal__ #17 Posted Jan 06 2021 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 48443 battles

And even if arty was to be removed, people would find other things to cry about.

Altwar #18 Posted Jan 06 2021 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 62559 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Who is us?   :confused:

Please tell me how "godlike" an SPG is when an SPG's teammates camp cap or worse, a side line of the map when a battle is pressed, rendering that SPG useless because it's unable to see anything in those circumstances.  Is there some secret button that sacrifices one of the virgin/unused Meathead Puppet emblems in my garage which in turn grants the power for my SPG to suddenly see something beyond 50 meters?    :trollface:

Tedsc #19 Posted Jan 06 2021 - 19:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 58829 battles

View Postdominator_OwO, on Jan 03 2021 - 00:33, said:

Just play low tiers.  that is what I do.  It kind of started with a desire to play Shermans and T34s and other WW2 tanks, but the more I played the more I realized how much more fun the game is with little to know arty.  I play low tiers every day FIRST.  If I am still having fun after getting my daily doubles in my favorite low tier tanks I try higher tiers.  But I have a pretty low tolerance for 3 tiered battles, EBRs, or multiple arty games so I never get many battles in at 6+ anymore.  It doesn't really matter what the end game is if the end game is less fun than parts along the way.  I play games to have fun not to be irritated all the time.

Edited by Tedsc, Jan 06 2021 - 19:22.

Tedsc #20 Posted Jan 06 2021 - 19:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 58829 battles

View Postbake3020, on Jan 03 2021 - 02:23, said:

When someone says they would rather drive a Porsche than a minivan, do they just not know how to drive a minivan? When someone would rather go to Disneyland than to Fresno, do they just not know how to do Fresno?  You are comparing one experience that is empirically less fun to one that is more fun.  Can knowledge of paying with and against arty make it more fun to do so?  Yes, but that doesn't make it more fun than playing against single arty to no arty.  And if you are suggesting players try a different game, there is this game on castle games called Trebuche... It is perfect for indirect fire types that enjoy that kind of action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users