• Players
  • 4533 battles

How do I report someone who's cheated?

I have the game game replay saved

TruIy #2 Posted Jan 10 2021 - 23:33

Major

• Players
  • 39520 battles
make a ticket with your claim, replay, and send to wg on their support page. At the top of this website is a banner with "player support" on it, click that.

Mastercommander2 #3 Posted Jan 10 2021 - 23:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 4533 battles

Thanks Truly

Cowcat137 #4 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 21330 battles
Replay is key and you are already in the top 1% of players for having one and not just making vague accusations.

ArmorStorm #5 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 41141 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
You will be disappointed by this process.  First, there have been hundreds of “cheating/hacking” replays posted and the poster is nearly always mistaken.  Second, IF you are correct Wargaming won’t tell you anything, you have to manually check to see if the guy got banned.  

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 00:25

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 44277 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMastercommander2, on Jan 10 2021 - 16:32, said:

Be sure to call them a "Xiter" before you report them just to hammer the message home.  Xiter means cheater in Portuguese.  I have no idea how I know that...

FYI - Not all losses or butt whoopings are because the other person cheated.  :girl:

__WarChild__

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #7 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 00:39

Major

• Players
  • 54337 battles

View PostMastercommander2, on Jan 10 2021 - 23:32, said:

I am 99.9% sure they were not cheating.  It is almost impossible to tell someone is legitimately cheating from just playing the game.  

WG knows who is cheating, of course. 

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Jan 11 2021 - 00:39.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 00:49

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 44277 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Post_W_R_A_I_T_H_, on Jan 10 2021 - 17:39, said:

I am 99.9% sure they were not cheating.  It is almost impossible to tell someone is legitimately cheating from just playing the game.  

WG knows who is cheating, of course. 

99.5% of the reports to WG likely end up not being cheaters.  If the 50-70 people who have told me that they were going to report me, if they did, that was a huge waste of time.

__WarChild__

bake3020 #9 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostMastercommander2, on Jan 10 2021 - 22:32, said:

I would be very careful about that, if I were you.  This is why I use this account to come on here.  I did the same thing your doing and it got banned.  So stop where you are, don't report except by the "Unsportsmans" button and go on your merry way.  War Gaming will not do anything about it and I can go fetch the nasty reply I got from doing it to prove it.  They depend on an anticheat system to monitor it for them and they don't want or need your interference in the matter(s).

bake3020 #10 Posted Jan 11 2021 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 10 2021 - 23:49, said:

99.5% of the reports to WG likely end up not being cheaters.  If the 50-70 people who have told me that they were going to report me, if they did, that was a huge waste of time.

__WarChild__

Hey bro, it's definitely not that they wind up not being cheaters, it's the fact that WG doesn't want or need anyone to interfere in the matter.  They want to depend on Punk Buster or some other software they have installed that they claim does an efficient job, for them.

Jokerhaze_lv2 #11 Posted Mar 18 2021 - 04:57

Private

• Players
  • 88 battles
claiming that cheating doesnt exist because your shots go thru a server is a placebo for idiots and not having a real report system is them saying they dont want to shell out the money for people to review those. literally just had a light tank shooting me thru solid cover (indestructible cover and i could see his location combined with advanced markers telling me exactly who was shooting me) and this is the kind of crapthat's about to make me quit this game again. they make the report progress terrible to discourage people from doing so that way they can keep claiming that cheating isnt a problem.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 34742 battles

OP (and anyone else) this is an important concept to keep in mind:

Be factual, brief and to the point.

This event occurred while I was playing.  The replay shows it at XX:xx time.  Please look into this and take appropriate action.

In short: Describe in a short sentence WHAT occurred.  Tell them what time on the replay it occurs.  End of story.  Include replay.

Do not ever expect to KNOW what occurs.  However, if you're really interested, before you report the person, check to see if they're online.  After you get a response from WG (I have had them respond as quickly as 5m and as long as 2h for these sorts of events) and then check again to see if that person is still online.

This is not 100% effective as 'proof,' however, the last five times I reported someone (I have replays "ALL" enabled) for Physics Abuse or Inappropriate Behavior in chat, the person I reported was offline when I got my notification:

We are sorry, Commander that you have to experience this sort of activity from your fellow players.  We have looked into the matter and have taken appropriate action.  Have a nice day, Commander!

They were offline.  The first couple times I ever did this (years ago) I was interested enough to keep track.  Two of the folks I reported that were offline were out for 24h.  Three different folks I reported were offline for 7d.  One guy was offline for 30d.

Coincidence?  I don't believe in coincidences, I believe in relatable bits of evidence to compile a picture.

My 'picture' is this:  The reporting system works -- IF you use it responsibly.  And if you are correct.  Believe me, there are lots of things I would like to report, however, cheating is one I have never reported, because there's no actual way I could make that particular call.  How could I?  I'd have to be running some form of software that monitors the client, the game in action and have a means to compare the things that happen to what is actually possible/allowed.

How could ANY of us make the determination of cheating?  Rigging, maybe, which IS a form of cheating, but that's another form of activity that doesn't involve illegal mods or hackusations.

OP, if you really think the person was cheating, then, by all means, submit that ticket.  If they simply outplayed you, then suck it up and move on, because that's 99.9999998% likely that is all it was -- being outplayed.  Otherwise, if they did anything or said anything they are not supposed to be doing/saying, then submit that ticket, instead.

I have a good impression that WG does take these things seriously.  Only issue is that they can only do the things that the information allows them.  In other words, if you make a claim that cannot be substantiated, you aren't going to get much traction.  And if another poster is any indication, submitting what amount to 'false' reports with any regularity -- or if, when you submit a report YOU don't shine very well (as in you did your little bit of mayhem/verbal abuse) -- then you, too, will see "appropriate action" taken -- on YOU.

Reporting for many folks who are triggered during the event can lead to personal sanctions as well.

This is why it is IMPORTANT not to do anything in return for what occurs.  When you report someone, you don't want to also be reporting you.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Big_Daddy_9000 #13 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 17:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72987 battles

I VERY seldom get accused of cheating/hacking.  But if it does happen I quickly run and tell

my son, (also gamer)...OMGoodness I got accused of hacking!!! They are watching me...!

It's like a backhanded honor...:medal:

Spoiler

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostJokerhaze_lv2, on Mar 18 2021 - 00:57, said:

claiming that cheating doesnt exist because your shots go thru a server is a placebo for idiots and not having a real report system is them saying they dont want to shell out the money for people to review those. literally just had a light tank shooting me thru solid cover (indestructible cover and i could see his location combined with advanced markers telling me exactly who was shooting me) and this is the kind of crapthat's about to make me quit this game again.

AND:

yruputin #15 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37038 battles
  • [HOR] HOR
:)player support and create a ticket:) more people need to do this so it becomes a chore to  Wargaming so just maybe they get better at detecting them. Wishful thinking but better than the alternative and allowing cheat deniers to bully these forums. I have been in three clans. Two had members temp. banned. If by any means these guys figure out by that example they might just quit supporting cheaters by continuing to deny they exist but rarely get properly punished.:B

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postyruputin, on Mar 23 2021 - 17:45, said:

:)player support and create a ticket:) more people need to do this so it becomes a chore to  Wargaming so just maybe they get better at detecting them. Wishful thinking but better than the alternative and allowing cheat deniers to bully these forums. I have been in three clans. Two had members temp. banned. If by any means these guys figure out by that example they might just quit supporting cheaters by continuing to deny they exist but rarely get properly punished.:B

I don't know ANYONE who denies cheaters "exist"... of course they do. The problem is that 9 out of 10 cheat claims on this forum are rubbish. No replay provided usually, and when there is one, 90% of the time it shows CLEARLY that what happened was in fact perfectly normal & according to the game's mechanics.

Why don't cheating claimants provide a replay ??  Are they so afraid of the truth ?

Big_Daddy_9000 #17 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 22:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72987 battles

Guys, omg You summoned the Preddy!!!

But even though you did that??? I agree with him...OMG no... but hey

How often does it really affect you?  Get over it, get on with it...WGing ain't doing nothing

about it!!!  Chances are the light was under speed, shot and Then went behind a building???

Or had a clear shot and Then went behind a building...Simply game mechanics is all...

Chances are but even if not who cares??? Just to go next game and it is over.

Spoiler

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostBig_Daddy_9000, on Mar 23 2021 - 18:04, said:

Guys, omg You summoned the Preddy!!!

But even though you did that??? I agree with him...OMG no... but hey

How often does it really affect you?  Get over it, get on with it...WGing ain't doing nothing

about it!!!  Chances are the light was under speed, shot and Then went behind a building???

Or had a clear shot and Then went behind a building...Simply game mechanics is all...

Chances are but even if not who cares??? Just to go next game and it is over.

Spoiler

Excuse me, but you're intelligence is showing...

HejHejMonika #19 Posted Mar 23 2021 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 4029 battles
  • [BOBA_] BOBA_

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 23 2021 - 16:33, said:

Excuse me, but you're intelligence is showing...

your*

Also tagged with cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users