SA Bot Battles Grossly Skewing NA Ace Mastery Calculations for Tiers I - V

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Is it Fair or Unfair to Include SA Bot Battles in NA Ace Mastery Calculations? (76 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is it Fair or Unfair to Include SA Bot Battles in NA Ace Mastery Calculations?

1. Fair (33 votes [43.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.42%

2. Unfair (43 votes [56.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.58%

Vote Hide poll

DoomSquatch #41 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 63612 battles

I've only ever played 1 battle on the SA server, and that was by mistake.  The game auto-logged me into the SA server after an update and I didn't realize it until I was in battle and couldn't understand any of the chat.

When the game starts having trouble forming teams, I generally quit for the night.

DoomSquatch #42 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 63612 battles

View PostMGFranks, on Jan 14 2021 - 16:07, said:

I don't think they should make this an "SA" thing. They should just make it so that any battle, on any server, at any tier, that involves any WG bots, should not count towards statistics. Sure, you gain XP/creds/battle count/whatever, but the performance stats don't get counted with the rest. No Ace Tanker or any of that, either. No progress on Progressive elements.

Simple to program, simple to understand. Fair for everyone. You want stats, or performance awards based on stats? Then you play against humans, and *only* humans, bucko.

Essentially, games with WG bots are at least in part PVE, not PVP, and are an entirely different game mode. Like any of the "special" game modes, they should not count towards normal stats.

Well said.

The only thing that made the fact that it was on the SA server germane was that it was taking place behind a curtain for anyone who only plays the NA server, yet impacting them from behind that curtain.

Seems to me that at the least WG should announce to NA players that they are filling teams with bots on the SA server due to low population usage and that the stats from those bot battles are being incorporated into Ace mastery calculations and other performance for reward calculations for players on the NA Server.

Edited by DoomSquatch, Jan 14 2021 - 17:56.

DarkDaddy #43 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 05:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13418 battles
Agree PvP rankings should not mix with PvE.

I recently played one game on SA with tier 3 German Somua S35. I was trying to complete a mission to kill 3 tanks in a game, or something like that.
Teams of 7 or 8, 3 humans per team. I scared off a human, cleaned up bots, then took out the last two humans at the end. 2k damage, 6 or 7 kills.

That would not have happened with teams full of humans.

DarkDaddy.

da_Rock002 #44 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 11:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 12424 battles

The stats aren't a big deal to begin with, so why worry.  

For example:   WR covers a heap (and a steaming heap it is) of very different influences.   It takes a bunch of time to reach worthwhile sample size and includes massively different tiers and various vehicles etc etc....  

Edited by da_Rock002, Jan 15 2021 - 11:44.

tankcraft07 #45 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 23:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1924 battles

View PostDoomSquatch, on Jan 14 2021 - 16:03, said:

So a lot of you go to the SA server to play?

I do. There's less of a wait for the lower tiers and there's hardly ever any arty up in tiers 4 and 5. It is for the arty reason that I play on SA in vehicle tier 5 or under.

Bjorn_to_kill #46 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 23:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3765 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

Played a game and there was a human in the BT-5. nailed him for you.

As stated, all those tanks you need will eventually appear there as bots, inlcuding the Somua. Some seem to be a bit rarer than the usual but perserverance will have its reward.

awildseaking #47 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 03:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18149 battles
  • [BOTES] BOTES

I will admit that I've gone to SA to try and ace certain low tiers (mainly T1s and T2s) simply because the queue times are too long on NA, but yes, it's made acing anything that isn't T6+ a nightmare. I remember a week ago I tried to ace the Chi-He. I had this crazy 2.3k DMG game in a T5 match with it. That level of BXP was well above the requirements for an Ace on EU and RU, but not on NA all because of SA bot farmers. Plus it was on track, meaning the requirements would be even lower at the time I attempted it.

Somehow, I've had some really crazy games where I managed to ace even with the SA bot farmers, but I'll admit that it's made me completely disinterested in low and mid tier gameplay.

WarGanz_87 #48 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 71321 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

Bots on the SA server stop at Tier V.

If you're ButtHurt™ over Tier V MoE; well, that is kind of sad. 

General_Rubenski #49 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 04:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 6832 battles

View PostDoomSquatch, on Jan 13 2021 - 15:46, said:

There are only five tanks of Tier I - V that I haven't Aced.  Four are rare premiums that I haven't had the opportunity to acquire.  

Which low tier tanks have you not Aced or gotten your hands on yet?

Korvick #50 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 04:22

Major

• Players
  • 4622 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jan 13 2021 - 18:31, said:

Rigging/cheating to get some stupid piece of shiny is the least of my concerns...but they should keep the stats entirely separate for the two servers.

Its not 2 servers.  We are ALL playing on the US Central Server.  You cannot ignore the stats of just SA as its a sub server to US Central.

You only have 2 options.

1) Ignore it as Tiers 1-5 is just the kiddy pool now.  And any stats for those tiers are devalued and close to irrelevant.  They need to just remove all stats except games played for all tanks Tier 1-5.

2) Play on SA server and see how "easy" it will be.  Because as more stat hungry people play down there, the more likely it'll be nastier to play in than on the normal NA servers and I'll certainly be happier when playing on NA.

Korvick #51 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 4622 battles

View PostMGFranks, on Jan 14 2021 - 16:07, said:

I don't think they should make this an "SA" thing. They should just make it so that any battle, on any server, at any tier, that involves any WG bots, should not count towards statistics. Sure, you gain XP/creds/battle count/whatever, but the performance stats don't get counted with the rest. No Ace Tanker or any of that, either. No progress on Progressive elements.

Simple to program, simple to understand. Fair for everyone. You want stats, or performance awards based on stats? Then you play against humans, and *only* humans, bucko.

Essentially, games with WG bots are at least in part PVE, not PVP, and are an entirely different game mode. Like any of the "special" game modes, they should not count towards normal stats.

Agreed, except, I'd go one further and say any battles in a Tier 1 - 5 just don't count for any stats anymore.  For anything.  Except games played.

And yes, it must be very easy to program and understand since they effectively do this for Frontlines.

Koala_In_The_Rain #52 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 05:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 32048 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostKorvick, on Jan 15 2021 - 20:25, said:

Agreed, except, I'd go one further and say any battles in a Tier 1 - 5 just don't count for any stats anymore.  For anything.  Except games played.

And yes, it must be very easy to program and understand since they effectively do this for Frontlines.

Well, and obviously for credits and XP.  :teethhappy:

DoomSquatch #53 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 04:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 63612 battles

Update from WG:

My further query:  "I'm not concerned about credits.

Please clarify. Are or are not the stats from bot battles included in the Ace Mastery requirements for non-bot battles?

Another WG administrator seemed to acknowledge that they are and that there were no plans to correct it."

WG Response:  "Hello.

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand your problem and will try to explain it.

The battles you specified are included in Ace Mastery. 
If there are any changes on this issue, this will be reported on the website. 
Follow the news.

If you have additional questions, we will be happy to answer them.

Have a nice day."

Bryukhov #54 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 20:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20324 battles
Tiers 1-5...who cares, seriously it's low tiers and not worth discussion.

Mikosah #55 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostElijahDoLittle, on Jan 13 2021 - 06:47, said:

I don't know, on the SA server with bots the teams are 8 vs 8 I believe. It's very difficult to get masteries with that few opponents? I could be wrong.

There is a greater potential on the NA server.

I had done a little testing to this effect recently. Generally, I'd say the results can be a mixed bag. On the one hand, reduced teams of only 8-10 per side limits the total farmable HP you can score, but the bots are easy to handle. With increased HP at the low tiers, you really only need a few kills to walk away with a decent score. The one annoying thing the bots do is that they'll back away from you and try to take cover, forcing you to chase after them (and usually end up in a human's kill-zone). 

The interesting thing is that unlike normal WoT gameplay is that there's a meaningful choice between prioritizing the bots, or instead trying to sneak up on the enemy humans while they're distracted by their own farming. Likewise you should expect they'll be gunning for you in return, so farm with caution. Coming up with a new set of tactics for this 'mode' can actually be sort of refreshing.

However, the big downside of playing in SA is that if you get ganked by the humans, you're no better off than just playing NA in the first place. Certain roles really just don't work well if you're racing to kill bots faster than the other guy. If he has a tank that can actively brawl while you don't, it'll be very hard to either out-farm him or assassinate him.

Specifically when talking about whether this is a threat to the ace tanker, MOE, wn8, or other scoring metrics, my position is that yes, it absolutely is. The top scores will always be made in 15v15 games, but the SA format of 10v10 with 7 enemy bots to farm, its way easier to consistently walk away with scores well above what's normal for NA. Some roles (scouting for instance) will suffer in SA, but the likelihood of ending up in an ace tanker scenario is still much higher than in NA.

General_Rubenski #56 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 22:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 6832 battles

View PostBryukhov, on Jan 18 2021 - 19:20, said:

Tiers 1-5...who cares, seriously it's low tiers and not worth discussion.

You could argue the whole game isn't worth the discussion because its dying and full of broken aspects like bots skewing Mastery Badge results. If you don't care about tiers 1-5, then you don't need to comment in this thread.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users