A long list of massive tier changes, pen buff and Historical accuracy.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Do this suggestion make the game better for all tanks? (10 members have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, looks good.for balance and made useless tanks useful again. (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. No, those tanks are fine. (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ArcticTankHunter #1 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21069 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

A long list of massive Tech tree changes, pen buff and Historical accuracy.

Note: I had to dig to actually see what tanks had hydropneumatic suspension that is missing in game since the STB buff. WG should seriously go through all the tanks to see what tanks are also missing that feature.

Seriously WG. WTH are you even doing making a lot of tank in the wrong tier area causing historical accuracy, this include historical changes like remove cannons off the tanks. Here is a much better suggestion to make all their crappy tanks no longer crappy and enjoyable without ridiculous pen, DPM or armour buffs. I've been googling the heck out of low tier tanks and comparing warthunder penetration. This is S that WG deliberately forcing tanks to be lower tier and removing guns off vehicles that shouldn't have been removed first place.

Remember when WG had that Historical battle event that it didn't work that well. Will this case I know how to completely fix that and make it come back as balance, fun and fair because WG messed up on tier balancing of tier 8 and below tanks!

US TECH TREE

1. Move M2 Light to T37 all tanks up one tier. This is quite obvious. M2 light is not even a tier 2 tank. I've been playing tier 2 for the past month. It is a joke. It uses the same gun as M3 light and has too much front hull armour. Especially now that tier 1-3 only get -1/+1mm.

-M2 Light will now be tier 3

-M3 Stuart is now Tier 4

-M5A1 Stuart is now tier 5(just like Luch) due to the auto loading gun.

-Chaffee is now tier 6(Chaffee design is after M7 light tank, we have M7 as tier 5)

-T37 is now tier 7(T71 should be tier 9, read down)

2. Add M2A2/M2A3 replacing M2 Light as tier 2, much more suitable tier 2 tank like Pz 1

Here comes the Historical parts. M5 Stuart have faced Tiger and Panther tanks. It would be good to see them be able to face Tigers for historical battles. M5 have been able to knock out panther tanks in WW2. Google it.

3. Buff the penetration of all guns

- 37mm M5 

- 37mm M6 gun

- give M5 stuart gun the M51B1/B2 as default or give it the little John adaptor to improve pen

- Chaffee and T37, 75mm/76mm guns(nerfed on purpose to be lower tier).

- Buff with also include the Chinese M5A1

4. T71 should be a tier 9 tank, give the autoloader back to M41 as 5 shots. T71 uses the same gun as T92 but autloader. This tank is also lower profile than M41, why does it have worst Camo rating?

It uses the same cannon as T92 and has Hydropneumatic suspension to allow more gun depression.

Quote: "1952, the Army Ordnance Committee gave general required characteristics for a replacement of the M41 Walker Bulldog. Originally, there was a 20 ton maximum weight and a requirement for a 90 mm gun. This requirement was later changed to an 18-ton weight limit and a 76 millimeter gun which would have allowed a quicker replacement of the barrel."

Hint: 90mm gun version might be the new tier 10 lower profile Light tank than Sheridan.

Quote: "The T71 had a choice between two guns, the 76mm M1A2 or a 76mm T185. Both guns used an auto-loading system, which benefit from light-weighted, low-profile, higher rate of fire, and fewer crew members."

Like WTH WG.

UK TECH TREE

1. Moving M2 and Stuart 1-4 up one tier also include penetration buff.

-M2 is now tier 3

-Stuart1-4(basically a M3) is now tier 4

This gets rids of Stuart tanks seeing tier 1 and power creep tier 2s.

2. Give Convenanter and Crusader tank the Matilda 2 pdr gun.

3. Buff A46 penetration.

GERMAN Tech Tree

1. Pz2 G , Luch(basically a Pz2), VK16.02, VK 28.01 gets moved one tier up. SP1C gets moved to tier 9 and Ru251 gets moved to tier X.

Now we can see PZ 2(Luchs in tier 7 Historical battles).

2. Each tank using 3 cm M.K. 103 gets 1 clip for uptiering. This also gets rid of Pz 2 G overpowered penetration from seeing tier 2.

3. Give VK16.02 leopard PzGr. 40/1 as normal rounds and premuim rounds with be the same.

Note: Missing tier 5 Medium tank in game Pz 3 M with the same 5cm gun as VK16.02 Leopard andSchürzen side-armour panels.

Issue: Pz 3 J in game should be using the short gun as tier 4 unless WG is going to buff the penetration of  the gun.

Quote: "Panzer III Ausf. L - Redesignated Ausf. J equipped with long 5 cm gun, 20 mm stand-off armour plates on hull and turret front."

4. VK 28.01 gets its 10.5cm derp gun and 7.5 cm KwK 40 L/48 with increase penetration(basically like tier 7 medium(comet) but light).

5. SP 1C gets penetration buffed and autoloader back (now we got a tier 9 GSOR for german light).

- This tank also got Hydropneumatic suspension for more gun despression. WG needs to add it.

6. Ru251 gets speed buffed, RoF and penetration buffed.

"Quote: The Spähpanzer Kette was designed to replace the Germany Army’s old American M41 light tanks in the reconnaissance role. Its development began in 1960 and a prototype was completed in 1963. It mounted a Rheinmetall turret armed with the 90mm Bordkanone as used in the Jagdpanzer Kanone. "

USSR Tech Tree

1. A20 was designed to use the 76mm a prototype to T-34. Lets make it happen.

Penetration buff to 90mm and better gun handling would be good to the 76mm L-11. Closer to the British Pom-pom gun.

FRENCH Tech Tree

1. Buff the 47mmSA35 to 62 pen so at least AMX 38 can penetrate Valentine in the front non-angled.

Warthunder has 62mm of pen.

Historical Battles

Now the rebalancing is done here is a proper list for historical battles.

Tier 5 Lights that can now see Tiger tanks just like WW2:

- M5 stuart

- Pz2 Luch

- A20

- Convenantor

- T-50

- M7

Tier 6 lights that can now see Tiger 2/King Tiger

- Chaffee(was in the Korean war too fighting side by side with Pershing)

- Crusader

- T21

- VK16.02 Leopard if possible unless Puma is added(which was destroyed in 1943)

Quote: "On 3 January 1943 Hitler decided to have one working prototype be sent and tested, this was a very early model having problems with the engine and reliability. The prototype named 124 would not be ever tested due to being loss after the train carrying the cargo was bombed the remains of the Vk 16.02 would later be scrapped. The remaining turrets would be stored.  The leopard turrets were later put onPuma infantry fighting vehicles. "

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jan 13 2021 - 16:48.

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 80515 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
No bacon option.  Also voted in both categories cause I could.  :B

drgnrdr6 #3 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33353 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

one thing wrong with the WHOLE OP. and it is a major mistake that you failed to take into

account.

THIS IS NOT AN HISTORICAL SIMULATION

THIS IS A VIDEO GAME 

Tedsc #4 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 17:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 58018 battles
I find it annoying that the Tiger is tier 7.  The Tiger was an armored monster compared to its contemporaries.  But it is in tier 7 so instead of it having beastly armor for its tier, it actually has very weak armor.  It should play like a Maus but instead it is an easy pen at tier 7.

tod914 #5 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 70233 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

I get the game balance thing, if they could do it :P   But, I would prefer seeing some of the historical tanks closer to historical spec, rather than "balanced".  The Rorschach Charmin two ply concept tanks, I could care less about.

Spoiler

bravoforce12 #6 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 18:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15271 battles

View PostTedsc, on Jan 13 2021 - 17:34, said:

I find it annoying that the Tiger is tier 7.  The Tiger was an armored monster compared to its contemporaries.  But it is in tier 7 so instead of it having beastly armor for its tier, it actually has very weak armor.  It should play like a Maus but instead it is an easy pen at tier 7.

The Tiger has the highest HP, DPM, and overall has really good stats so I think the armor should be weak to balance it out

pafman #7 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 18:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40795 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
why is op talking about tier 2 tanks?

TheGuardian050 #8 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 19:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19153 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postbravoforce12, on Jan 13 2021 - 12:08, said:

The Tiger has the highest HP, DPM, and overall has really good stats so I think the armor should be weak to balance it out

It's not that the balance is horrible, it's that you don't get to experience playing it (or against it) the way it should feel unless you are using one of the Tier 6 premium versions.

Imagine being in a T-70 (Tier 3!) having to go up against Tigers and Panthers and even Ferdinands. That happened at Kursk.

It'd be cool if they could bring back Historical Battles, maybe even as PVE.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 80515 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Posttod914, on Jan 13 2021 - 11:53, said:

I get the game balance thing, if they could do it :P   But, I would prefer seeing some of the historical tanks closer to historical spec, rather than "balanced".  The Rorschach Charmin two ply concept tanks, I could care less about.

Spoiler

LOL they need to loosen that grip so he can drop a few octaves and breath.  :P

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users