T25/2: Finally Starting to Figure Out This Tank

TD T25/2 tand destroyers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Muskox77 #1 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 17:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7106 battles

I really have and continue to enjoy my Hellcat. It has given me a good win rate and it's enjoyable to play. It was a relatively easy grind. This has not been so with the T25/2. I had followed the advice of some T25/2 players, using it closer in to the action, more like a medium tank. That didn't work for me. Lots of losses, lots of being destroyed early on, few HP earned. I thought I would never get the top gun.

That has changed. I am actually contributing to my team. How? That is determined by the T25/2. It is slow, even with the top engine. It's big compared to the Hellcat and even other TDs and medium tanks. Turret rotation is slow. Armour is thin.

The major strength of this TD? It is accurate.That's really about it. So, I now play it from a distance, as a sniper. I still use more sabot rounds than I like, as I am still on the 2nd from the top gun. I use all the cover, terrain irregularities and solid cover I can. I shoot and then back into cover. Today I scored my first four figure HP, just over 1,000. And our team won and I contributed to our base defense and the ultimate win. 

From my experience, unless you are a much better player than I (and I'm average at best) this is the one way to play the T25/2, avoid destruction and actually help your team win.

Muskox77

tod914 #2 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 70233 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
I always enjoyed that tank.  Thought it was underrated.  Maybe toss a turbo on it.  Support role suites it fine.

GAJohnnie #3 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 11537 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMuskox77, on Jan 13 2021 - 11:48, said:

I really have and continue to enjoy my Hellcat. It has given me a good win rate and it's enjoyable to play. It was a relatively easy grind. This has not been so with the T25/2. I had followed the advice of some T25/2 players, using it closer in to the action, more like a medium tank. That didn't work for me. Lots of losses, lots of being destroyed early on, few HP earned. I thought I would never get the top gun.

That has changed. I am actually contributing to my team. How? That is determined by the T25/2. It is slow, even with the top engine. It's big compared to the Hellcat and even other TDs and medium tanks. Turret rotation is slow. Armour is thin.

The major strength of this TD? It is accurate.That's really about it. So, I now play it from a distance, as a sniper. I still use more sabot rounds than I like, as I am still on the 2nd from the top gun. I use all the cover, terrain irregularities and solid cover I can. I shoot and then back into cover. Today I scored my first four figure HP, just over 1,000. And our team won and I contributed to our base defense and the ultimate win. 

From my experience, unless you are a much better player than I (and I'm average at best) this is the one way to play the T25/2, avoid destruction and actually help your team win.

Muskox77

It was my1st tier 7 and I hated it for the longest time until I figured out how to play it. My mistake was playing it like a medium. It looks like a medium but it is not.  This can work either as a typical TD or as 2nd line support as long as you have people to hide behind. If you get into a brawl your most likely dead. If you do get in a brawl try to keep your face toward the enemy since the gun mantle is huge and can get some lucky bounces. Gun is accurate with good pen so it not a bad TD once you figure out how to mange it's flaws.

goldfinger_555 #4 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 18:33

Captain

• Players
  • 28131 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
Might work even better with rotational equipment.  Wasn't available when I was grinding it.

LucasAnon #5 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 18:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9203 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

What i liked about this tank (and sometimes i regret a little by selling it before trying to 3-mark) is that you can abuse the accuracy and snipe with it, and you can also brawl.

If you want to play it as a medium, wait for your enemies to take the shot, or you can sidescrape against a lot of tanks. Then dump your DPM on the enemies.

You can also play hulldown and bounce some shots with the top of your turret. 

PS: Dont rely on turret armour, you can bounce some shells, but it wont be all the time. The most reliable way to brawl with it is to sidescrap and bait the enemy to shoot your tracks.

Good luck, its an AMAZING tank!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users