next HoliOps and sCrewU2.0?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

omi5cron #1 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 30552 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

i know its a year away, but i was thinking a major affect of sCrewU2.0 would be to how the next HoliOps rolls out. getting "instructors: instead of multiskilled choosable crew? a Grand Prize of a famous crewskin on an Instructor?

would these types of changes affect HOW YOU SPEND MONEY? i mean i would still shoot for credit bonus in Atmosphere, and having techtree locked-in discounts would be awesome.

but could there be some fall off of LootBox buying? getting large ornaments may not be as desirable. gold,prem days and new prem tanks would still be desirable.

maybe no change in how MONEY is spent but possibly a change in approach to Atmosphere rushing? and maybe they would award "exp bundles" instead of crew recruits at each unlocked level? and a HUGE bundle of "exp" and a famous crewskin face?

im actually glad i have been spending the last 18 months setting up my endgame garage. getting the tanks i will play,selling those i wont, finalizing what lines i will NEVER play. my choices have been greatly simplified. no need to spend any more money. with all the present crews , i should have PLENTY for all tanks AFTER sCrewU2.0.

PTwr #2 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 50734 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
Hard to tell. Going by what we (do not) know currently about Crew 2.0, there is significant chance I'll either lock my wallet or stop playing altogether.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 80515 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostPTwr, on Jan 13 2021 - 14:34, said:

Hard to tell. Going by what we (do not) know currently about Crew 2.0, there is significant chance I'll either lock my wallet or stop playing altogether.

From the stuff I've read it's not a matter of IF, but how/what as they've supposedly stated it is happening.  Sandbox is essentially for testing not feedback.

As far as lootbox spending.  I think for many of us it gets less each year cause we've already closed our wallets "more" or to varying amounts.  Plus holding over gold from the previous year(s) means less in terms of loot box buying for some as well. 

And depending on how this shakes out (especially "compensation" for many) there may be more wallet closing and departures.  But WG doesn't give an iota either as long as the new meat comes in for the rinse and repeat cycles.

And by compensation I personally don't necessarily mean in gold.  I mean a fair and equitable transition. 

Easiest solution albeit time consuming for some including me.  And provided xp spending requirements stay the same. 

Refund all crew xp (including sixth sense xp) and let US decide where/who in the hell to put it period. 

If xp requirements change then scale the refunds accordingly. 

Saydzhi #4 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1838 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Crew 2.0 will most likely end up being WG helping me free up 70GB of space on my hard drive. 

Drunkenyogi #5 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9800 battles
  • [CPS-] CPS-

View Postomi5cron, on Jan 13 2021 - 20:23, said:

i know its a year away, but i was thinking a major affect of sCrewU2.0 would be to how the next HoliOps rolls out. getting "instructors: instead of multiskilled choosable crew? a Grand Prize of a famous crewskin on an Instructor?

would these types of changes affect HOW YOU SPEND MONEY? i mean i would still shoot for credit bonus in Atmosphere, and having techtree locked-in discounts would be awesome.

but could there be some fall off of LootBox buying? getting large ornaments may not be as desirable. gold,prem days and new prem tanks would still be desirable.

maybe no change in how MONEY is spent but possibly a change in approach to Atmosphere rushing? and maybe they would award "exp bundles" instead of crew recruits at each unlocked level? and a HUGE bundle of "exp" and a famous crewskin face?

im actually glad i have been spending the last 18 months setting up my endgame garage. getting the tanks i will play,selling those i wont, finalizing what lines i will NEVER play. my choices have been greatly simplified. no need to spend any more money. with all the present crews , i should have PLENTY for all tanks AFTER sCrewU2.0.

Why so much hate for crew 2.0?  Are you afraid of leveling the playing field just a little bit (and it will just be a slight change for you)?  Will clubbing be too hard for you at that point?

Koala_In_The_Rain #6 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 32048 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postomi5cron, on Jan 13 2021 - 12:23, said:

Likely won't need any gold next time, so not likely much reason to buy boxes.  Got more tanks than I can use now, so there's really no need to grab anything on that menu.  Any camos I get will be the result of freebie small boxes (presuming it's the same as this year) and shardination.  Probably the first year I don't get all the camos - but since I don't NEED all them, either, no big deal.

In short, probably going "locked wallet" for the foreseeable future.  Which I needed to do anyway...  :teethhappy:

Cowcat137 #7 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 20341 battles
Well, sure your commander will be able to control  three tanks ...but... there will be gold fees involved. 750 was floated but it could go higher.

PTwr #8 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 50734 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostCowcat137, on Jan 13 2021 - 20:50, said:

Well, sure your commander will be able to control  three tanks ...but... there will be gold fees involved. 750 was floated but it could go higher.

Well, honestly 750g for letting your favorite low/mid tier tech tree trash share a crew with tier 10?

Small price. Its basically turning your fav tonk into special/reward for what, 50 cents?

Crew sharing and crew unifying (those two radio operators in B2... UGH!! ) are good changes for me. 

But forcing skill rework not for gameplay benefit, but for new monetization schemes? That's not good for me. 

valeman12345 #9 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 22:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 5896 battles
  • [BCGC] BCGC

View PostDrunkenyogi, on Jan 13 2021 - 12:14, said:

Why so much hate for crew 2.0?  Are you afraid of leveling the playing field just a little bit (and it will just be a slight change for you)?  Will clubbing be too hard for you at that point?

Not even close they nerfing it so it force people buy more of their services...which they been doing lately...it becoming very fraudulent 

Badkarma #10 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postomi5cron, on Jan 13 2021 - 20:23, said:

There won't be enough people around to care about next holiops unless WG starts listening before implementing Crew 2.0.

read_these_nikes #11 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 02:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22190 battles
i cant see myself spending another dime.  ever

g327 #12 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 16:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23074 battles

View PostKoala_In_The_Rain, on Jan 13 2021 - 15:33, said:

Likely won't need any gold next time, so not likely much reason to buy boxes.  Got more tanks than I can use now, so there's really no need to grab anything on that menu.  Any camos I get will be the result of freebie small boxes (presuming it's the same as this year) and shardination.  Probably the first year I don't get all the camos - but since I don't NEED all them, either, no big deal.

In short, probably going "locked wallet" for the foreseeable future.  Which I needed to do anyway...  :teethhappy:

Much of this is the same for me.

No need to obtain more premium, gold, or credits bc I am north of 500 days, 225K gold, 135M credits.

I refuse to grind for anything. I will play but not press; I can do without whatever carrot is at the end.

I play only a handful of the 100+ tanks in my battalion, so I'm good there.

I intend to keep the WG wallet closed until at least Holiday Ops 2021/22, and hopefully beyond. But I admit that it's just too much fun for me to open a bunch of loot boxes, so I might break it open then, provided that the event remains basically the same.

Regarding Crew 2.0, I will choose to either adapt to the changes or reduce/stop playing if the changes are too bothersome to me.

SwollenOstrich #13 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 29642 battles

View PostDrunkenyogi, on Jan 13 2021 - 14:14, said:

The playing field is level from the second you log into the game (free tier III tank for some players who came with a code not withstanding).

The fact some people then put in more effort and actual money and achieve a "higher" level does not mean that it is time to "level the playing field" and lower them back down.

"I spent my money on beer and lottery tickets, and that dude spent his building a business that is worth a lot of money! I demand a level playing field! i.e. give me his money!!!! He doesn't neeeeeeeeeeeeed that much!"

General_Rubenski #14 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 20:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 6832 battles
Just asked for WarGaming to send me my data so I can see how much i've spent on this game. I want to know before I uninstall for good. sCrewU2.0 will definitely be that point. I was never happy with the low tier change and removal of equipment's for them but this will for sure be the end for me.

Koala_In_The_Rain #15 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 20:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 32048 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Jan 14 2021 - 09:27, said:

The playing field is level from the second you log into the game (free tier III tank for some players who came with a code not withstanding).

The fact some people then put in more effort and actual money and achieve a "higher" level does not mean that it is time to "level the playing field" and lower them back down.

"I spent my money on beer and lottery tickets, and that dude spent his building a business that is worth a lot of money! I demand a level playing field! i.e. give me his money!!!! He doesn't neeeeeeeeeeeeed that much!"

I was going to toss up a Grasshopper and Ant video, but Aesop's reality has apparently all been Disneyfied and the grasshopper gets to live.  But now helps out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users