Crew 2.0

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TankingTrucker #1 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39425 battles
  • [ON1ON] ON1ON

So were to start. Ok i don't know if many of you have seen the new crew 2.0 layout but i have seen some of it and well you know the saying if it aint broke dont fix it ? Well i wish wg would leave this one alone. For a couple reason 1 because i have 606 tanks in my garage and that's a lot of crews to have to mess with to do this change over that they want to implement for the crews. I can understand tweaking some of the crew skills that are not really used or you only use them because everything else has been used and you just add the crew skill because there is nothing else to add worth while. Like for instance for the radio operator has the least amount of useable skills. 

So now from what i have seen you will have like one person to set everything up with kind of like a diablo 3 setup were you pick the skills and then once you have so many skills you get like 2 super skills. It just looks confusing more than anything.

The thing that scares me the most is on sam lockhearts channel were i saw the video most every comment is from players saying this is it the final nail in the game for them.Like almost every player has said if they implement this new crew 2.0 they are done. 

I would hope that being wg makes there money off of us the player base that they would take 5 min and have an online vote like they do once in awhile were they ask you your input on the current status of the game how you like it,if you would recommend it to a friend. Well cant they do that and ask the player base is this something you would like to see happen crew 2.0 yes or no is yes why and no why and or would you like to see us update the crew skills and just tweak them to make the ones not used by most more relevant and usable so that the skill actually does something worth while. But don't just shove it down or throat's and say take it or leave it kind of like they did with equipment 2.0. I'm still dealing with that from that change several month ago because believe me 606 tanks is a lot of vehicles that several tiers had all the equipment removed or a few things but like the tier 1's were all equipment was removed,And yes before you say something i don't play every tank in my garage all the time obviously that is not even possible to do in one day let alone to play 606 tanks 1 rite after another would take you about a week or more. But i like to have the option to play any tank at any tier that i want so that's why i collect them.

So what to do ?? Well i have been playing this game for almost 10 years and i love the game. I don't agree with some of the changes to the game ie wheeled vehicles, 3 arty per side "Not every match" The stun mechanic for arty. But i do love some of the changes they have made like the new graphic engine,all the buffs they have made to older tanks in the game ,MM is way better than it use to be and physics.  But this change they want to make to the crew setup just looks confusing unneeded and unnecessary. 

If you get a chance check out sam lockhearts video about the crew 2.0 i think most will agree it just plain looks confusing and just not needed.  https://youtu.be/MdNP2PxXXkI

Thank you all for your time.Sorry if this is a bit garbled or if i repeated some stuff a few times but did it in a hurry but just wanted to see what others thought and if you agree please also post something here in the feedback/suggestions and hopefully wg will ask the player base there thoughts and if they should leave it as is/ tweak it a bit to make skills most don't use useable / or go ahead and make the crew 2.0 a thing but check with the people that play the game before they make the change people hate it and walk away from the game. I still have over 2 years of premium time and i would love to use it not have it go to waste.   

Edited by TankingTrucker, Jan 13 2021 - 21:48.

RamaLamaDingDong1 #2 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 22:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26 battles
Between the EBR threads and Crew 2.0 today maybe NA Moderators can combine them all into one each so all voices can be heard and not multiple threads.

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 39366 battles

I think that there's only 2, maybe 3, good things about Crew 2.0.

First, Sixth Sense would be an inherent skill/perk for every Commander. No need to 'train' them in it any more.

A possible second would be the ability to 'train' a crew (or Commander in this case) to 3 tech tree tanks (with caveats) and use them in those tanks without having to re-train them each time.

And finally, my Loader will stop buying all those damned farms.

ThePigSheFlies #4 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 83567 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jan 13 2021 - 17:03, said:

First, Sixth Sense would be an inherent skill/perk for every Commander. No need to 'train' them in it any more.

A possible second would be the ability to 'train' a crew (or Commander in this case) to 3 tech tree tanks (with caveats) and use them in those tanks without having to re-train them each time.

• many of us have invested in our garages and already have multi-perk crews in multiple tanks in the same line/nation.  having done so I can 120% state that having a wide, and varied garage assisted with personal missions on both campaigns
  • we don't know yet if the other crew will still be killed/injured - my bet is they still will be as wargaming loves forcing people to have to spend on consumables if they want to be competitive.

Tedsc #5 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 00:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 58018 battles

Crew was one of the standout features of this game.  Not since Everquest did  Alternate Advancement 20+ years ago have I seen such an interesting approach.  It continues to be one of the standout features of this game.  I was really hoping they were keeping the foundation they have already allowed the players to build on and just adding to it.  Some new skills and/or perks for example would be welcome.  Cleaning up mismatches like the AMX CDC having the commander as the Radio Operator, but the AMX30B  has the loader as the radio operator, that too would be welcome.  But seriously do not get rid of the loader or the radio operator as the fix to that problem.  Just do what other games do with their expansions and add to the foundation.  

TankingTrucker #6 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 17:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39425 battles
  • [ON1ON] ON1ON

View PostRamaLamaDingDong1, on Jan 13 2021 - 16:12, said:

Between the EBR threads and Crew 2.0 today maybe NA Moderators can combine them all into one each so all voices can be heard and not multiple threads.

I did not go on and on about the clown cars i just made a point of things i did not agree with that wg has done.Thats all i said about clown cars.Also i did not check prior posts to mine to see if anybody had mentioned anything about clown cars i just looked to see if any posts about crew 2.0 that's what i mainly talked about. I was actually surprised there was not more of a response to this thread. 

Maybe because people have not heard about it yet and dont know whats coming ??

TankingTrucker #7 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 17:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39425 battles
  • [ON1ON] ON1ON

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jan 13 2021 - 17:03, said:

I agree about the sixth sense for all commanders but now you have lets say a crew of 4 and each crew member has there own skills so say you have them trained up to a 4th skill. Now take all those crew skills away from all the crew members and also remove all the crew members except 1 the commander who now will have every crew skill trained to just that one person. So now instead of having say the loader with better ammo rack and the radio operator with situational awareness and driver with clutch breaking and commander with recon so that all those skills are being used and trained as you play so you have 4 skills being used at once.Now you can train situational awareness and once thats 100% now you can then train ammo rack and then once thats at 100% you can train clutch breaking then once that's trained to 100% then you can train recon do you see what i am saying you will not have the ability to use the skill tell its trained to be able to then train the next skill were the way it is now you will be able to use all 4 of those skills at once.Its going to really slow down how fast your 1 crew member actually gets to were they are any good.Like rite now if you have 4 crew members trained even to a second skill you have 4 crew members with a total of 8 skills being used were the new way good luck getting 8 skills trained it will take forever. 

TankingTrucker #8 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 17:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39425 battles
  • [ON1ON] ON1ON

View PostTedsc, on Jan 13 2021 - 18:23, said:

Crew was one of the standout features of this game.  Not since Everquest did  Alternate Advancement 20+ years ago have I seen such an interesting approach.  It continues to be one of the standout features of this game.  I was really hoping they were keeping the foundation they have already allowed the players to build on and just adding to it.  Some new skills and/or perks for example would be welcome.  Cleaning up mismatches like the AMX CDC having the commander as the Radio Operator, but the AMX30B  has the loader as the radio operator, that too would be welcome.  But seriously do not get rid of the loader or the radio operator as the fix to that problem.  Just do what other games do with their expansions and add to the foundation.  

Bullseye I agree 100% like you said we have been working on our crew skills for how ever long you have been playing the game so for me almost 10 years and with the stroke of a key all my work mite just be gone. I also agree fix some of the setups for tank crews the way they have them mixed up for same nation and type of tank. And lastly tweek the skills that are not really used or relevant and problem solved. They could probably do this and introduce it in the next update and i bet people would be overjoyed to see there crews are not getting removed to 1 crew and to have wg fix and update some of the crew skills awesome.

Edited by TankingTrucker, Jan 16 2021 - 17:30.

Ironclad73 #9 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 18:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 26150 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostTankingTrucker, on Jan 13 2021 - 12:42, said:

So wHere to start. Ok i don't know if many of you have seen the new crew 2.0 layout but i have seen some of it and well you know the saying if it aint broke dont fix it ? Well i wish wg would leave this one alone. For a couple reason 1 because i have 606 tanks in my garage and that's a lot of crews to have to mess with to do this change over that they want to implement for the crews. I can understand tweaking some of the crew skills that are not really used or you only use them because everything else has been used and you just add the crew skill because there is nothing else to add worth while. Like for instance for the radio operator has the least amount of useable skills. 

So now from what i have seen you will have like one person to set everything up with kind of like a diablo 3 setup were you pick the skills and then once you have so many skills you get like 2 super skills. It just looks confusing more than anything.

The thing that scares me the most is on sam lockhearts channel were i saw the video most every comment is from players saying this is it the final nail in the game for them.Like almost every player has said if they implement this new crew 2.0 they are done. 

I would hope that being wg makes there money off of us the player base that they would take 5 min and have an online vote like they do once in awhile were they ask you your input on the current status of the game how you like it,if you would recommend it to a friend. Well cant they do that and ask the player base is this something you would like to see happen crew 2.0 yes or no is yes why and no why and or would you like to see us update the crew skills and just tweak them to make the ones not used by most more relevant and usable so that the skill actually does something worth while.

But don't just shove it down or throat's and say take it or leave it kind of like they did with equipment 2.0. I'm still dealing with that from that change several month ago because believe me 606 tanks is a lot of vehicles that several tiers had all the equipment removed or a few things but like the tier 1's were all equipment was removed,And yes before you say something i don't play every tank in my garage all the time obviously that is not even possible to do in one day let alone to play 606 tanks 1 rite after another would take you about a week or more. But i like to have the option to play any tank at any tier that i want so that's why i collect them.

So what to do ?? Well i have been playing this game for almost 10 years and i love the game. I don't agree with some of the changes to the game ie wheeled vehicles, 3 arty per side "Not every match" The stun mechanic for arty. But i do love some of the changes they have made like the new graphic engine,all the buffs they have made to older tanks in the game ,MM is way better than it use to be and physics.  But this change they want to make to the crew setup just looks confusing unneeded and unnecessary. 

If you get a chance check out sam lockhearts video about the crew 2.0 i think most will agree it just plain looks confusing and just not needed.  https://youtu.be/MdNP2PxXXkI

Thank you all for your time.Sorry if this is a bit garbled or if i repeated some stuff a few times but did it in a hurry but just wanted to see what others thought and if you agree please also post something here in the feedback/suggestions and hopefully wg will ask the player base there thoughts and if they should leave it as is/ tweak it a bit to make skills most don't use useable / or go ahead and make the crew 2.0 a thing but check with the people that play the game before they make the change people hate it and walk away from the game. I still have over 2 years of premium time and i would love to use it not have it go to waste.   

Very much agree although I did find it easier to follow your post after organizing it a bit into paragraphs instead of a wall of text.

While I don't have quite as many tanks as you I do have a ton of crews I've spent time and money getting 5 6 and 7 skills and I training them is part of the fun for me of playing.

Losing all of that time and money rebuying tanks with crews with 0 point skill and getting training books will definitely cause me to reevaluate how much time I may want to spend on the game in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users