Quick question about CW bond auction

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

aorticmojo #1 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36279 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
So quick question.   I know the 907 has been around the longest and most players have one already so in theory it should be one of the easier tanks to get.  So what would any of you say a realistic bid would be to get one come auction time? 

dagengster #2 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 17384 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE

The bid is not for individual tanks, but for a slot to pick a tank. In other words, its not 6 bids for each tank but 1 bid to pick one of the 6 tanks.

As a result, the bid for the 907 is the same as the new Italian medium and the 121b.

With how much the bond bid rises per year, I would expect this year's to be around 40k bonds.

aorticmojo #3 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36279 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Ah....  I did not know this since this is my first CW.  Thanks for the clarification. 

GeneralButtBuster #4 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3274 battles
  • [-02-] -02-

View Postaorticmojo, on Jan 13 2021 - 21:49, said:

Ah....  I did not know this since this is my first CW.  Thanks for the clarification. 

Yeah your best chance at getting a reward tank is by playing(alot) in the campaign. Although its my first CW too, and I'm just taking things easy this time around to try and learn what it is all about so that next time I can be better prepared to actually grind for a reward.

churchill50 #5 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 21:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 22214 battles
  • [5HTTR] 5HTTR

If I remember correctly, the lowest winning bids for the last campaign were around 35k bonds?

For this campaign, you have to take a few things into account. We've had 2 Battle Passes, 2 Ranked seasons (8k bonds each), and a Clan Wars Season since the last campaign. There's also a new tank. All of those things will push the lowest winning bid up.

However, there's also no Chieftain offered this campaign, which has the potential to lower the amount of bonds you need to bid.

I would be expecting the lowest winning bid to be in excess of 40k bonds, and quite possibly in excess of 50k bonds. However, that's a rough estimate, so take it with a grain of salt.

Crazy___Canuck #6 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 22:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35599 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

That's why I'm out of the running for a tank........never enough bonds on hand.  Ah well, but will try to build a tier 8. 

For fear of hijacking the thread (it might be helpful to OP also though), does anyone have advice on using the workshop effectively?  Is it a herculean effort to obtain all the necessary production components? 

churchill50 #7 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 22:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 22214 battles
  • [5HTTR] 5HTTR

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jan 13 2021 - 14:24, said:

That's why I'm out of the running for a tank........never enough bonds on hand.  Ah well, but will try to build a tier 8. 

For fear of hijacking the thread (it might be helpful to OP also though), does anyone have advice on using the workshop effectively?  Is it a herculean effort to obtain all the necessary production components? 

As long as you're playing fairly regularly, you shouldn't have too much issue building one of the tanks. Or that's been my experience so far.

My two pieces of advice:

1) Start as early as possible. The time it takes to build each component and then the time it takes to build the tank can be your biggest obstacle.

2) Build components that can be used to build multiple tanks. Then, once those are done, evaluate which tank you'll have the time to build (since the tier 7's are cheaper than the tier 8's if I remember correctly).

dominator_OwO #8 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 26465 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jan 13 2021 - 15:24, said:

I know how you feel, I'd have a chieftain right now if I hadn't spent 9k on purple equipment :(

As far as the workshop goes, figure out the minimum parts for the cheapest tank and build those first (fasteners and tooling for the scorpion are used by all the rest if memory serves). After that hopefully you have a better idea how many resources you'll be getting and can estimate if you'll have enough for one of the tier 8s or should stick to one of the tier 7s.

Crazy___Canuck #9 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35599 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View Postchurchill50, on Jan 13 2021 - 22:59, said:

As long as you're playing fairly regularly, you shouldn't have too much issue building one of the tanks. Or that's been my experience so far.

My two pieces of advice:

1) Start as early as possible. The time it takes to build each component and then the time it takes to build the tank can be your biggest obstacle.

2) Build components that can be used to build multiple tanks. Then, once those are done, evaluate which tank you'll have the time to build (since the tier 7's are cheaper than the tier 8's if I remember correctly).

Thanks.  In this case, I have both t7 tanks already, so will tackle the t8s.  So you don't have to pick the tank first?  Or another way to put it (I clicked on the chief), I could change this to the other one later?  I'll have to look at the component needs, they may both require the same amounts anyways.  

Edited by Crazy___Canuck, Jan 13 2021 - 23:10.

Crazy___Canuck #10 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35599 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View Postdominator_OwO, on Jan 13 2021 - 23:03, said:

I know how you feel, I'd have a chieftain right now if I hadn't spent 9k on purple equipment :(

As far as the workshop goes, figure out the minimum parts for the cheapest tank and build those first (fasteners and tooling for the scorpion are used by all the rest if memory serves). After that hopefully you have a better idea how many resources you'll be getting and can estimate if you'll have enough for one of the tier 8s or should stick to one of the tier 7s.

That's exactly what happened with me........couldn't resist the impulse purchases.  Much like playing the game, need to work on patience lol. 

So what you are saying is that only some components can be used on other tanks, not all things....meaning you have to be mindful not to dip into things other than fasteners and tooling if one wants to reconsider the tank option?

Edited by Crazy___Canuck, Jan 13 2021 - 23:11.

Crazy___Canuck #11 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35599 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View Postchurchill50, on Jan 13 2021 - 22:59, said:

My two pieces of advice:

Thank you for your advice!

churchill50 #12 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 22214 battles
  • [5HTTR] 5HTTR

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jan 13 2021 - 15:05, said:

Thanks.  In this case, I have both t7 tanks already, so will tackle the t8s.  So you don't have to pick the tank first?  Or another way to put it (I clicked on the chief), I could change this to the other one later?  I'll have to look at the component needs, they may both require the same amounts anyways.  

You don't have to choose the tank until you actually start building it. The two tier 8s will share some components, and other components will be different.

So, for instance, last campaign, fasteners were a component that was used on all 4 tanks. 

So, you start building fasteners first. Then build the other components later on once you've chosen which tank you'll build.

Crazy___Canuck #13 Posted Jan 13 2021 - 23:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35599 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View Postchurchill50, on Jan 13 2021 - 23:14, said:

You don't have to choose the tank until you actually start building it. The two tier 8s will share some components, and other components will be different.

So, for instance, last campaign, fasteners were a component that was used on all 4 tanks. 

So, you start building fasteners first. Then build the other components later on once you've chosen which tank you'll build.

:great:

Kelly_Semaka #14 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 00:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22059 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
As for bidding on a tank -  bid what bonds you have - if you don't get a tank - you get the bonds back for the next time.  you don't lose your bonds if you don't get a tank. 

_Brew_ #15 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 28796 battles

View Postaorticmojo, on Jan 13 2021 - 15:46, said:

So quick question.   I know the 907 has been around the longest and most players have one already so in theory it should be one of the easier tanks to get.  So what would any of you say a realistic bid would be to get one come auction time? 

There are limited number of tanks total regardless of type.  You are simply bidding for a ticket to get any of the tanks, there is not a separate bid for each tank type.  Considering the Chieftain is out this time, but here is a new one I expect bids will be high, but maybe not as high as previously expected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users