Try this and You won't be Sorry....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

umkhulu #1 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 16:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

Posted Image

I truly believe that I have discovered the 'holy grail' as far as casemate (or even turreted) TDs  is concerned.

Mounting gun rammer plus both EGLG and IA has certainly made a huge difference to the performance of my tier 6 TDs and with  an epic 4000+ damage by my Conway, I'm convinced that it will improve higher tiers as well.

I would be interested to hear the opinion of those who already run this equipment configuration as well those who try it out!....

:)

Edited by umkhulu, Jan 14 2021 - 16:38.

Engineer777 #2 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24838 battles
  • [KEA] KEA
In most all cases, Improved Rotation Mechanism is superior to Improved Aiming Unit. IRM improves accuracy not only on the move, but on hull rotation and gun rotation as well and after firing (useful for autoloaders). You'd have to be fully aimed for IRM to have zero effect. (The farther you are from being fully aimed, the greater the benefit at that particular moment.) The same goes with Vertical Stabilizer. The increased speed only offsets the increased accuracy if you're turning as fast as possible.

Edited by Engineer777, Jan 15 2021 - 08:55.

Kramah313 #3 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 16:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8505 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
I’ve found for me it really depends on the TD. I prefer my T30 with vents and a GLD. I tried the IRM but just didn’t like how it handled. On the other hand, I tried improved aiming on the Borsig and I struggled. Replacing that with the IRM suddenly seems to have made a ton of difference on that thing. I suspect other people have different results with that same tank. I would just use what makes them most comfortable for you to play. 

Edited by Kramah313, Jan 14 2021 - 16:46.

Insanefriend #4 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 55085 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
The su-100 has better options, I’d go with binocs, vents, rammer.  Since that thing has broken camo for tier with that alpha.  Trust me, 40% camo and past max view range at tier six is crazy.

bake3020 #5 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:58

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostEngineer777, on Jan 14 2021 - 15:41, said:

In most all cases, Improved Rotation Mechanism is superior to Improved Aiming Unit. IRM improves accuracy not only on the move, but on hull rotation and gun rotation as well and after firing (useful for autoloaders). The increased speed only offsets the increased accuracy if you're turning as fast as possible.

IRM is really only fully useful on turreted vehicles and only partially useful on case mate vehicles.

DeviouslyCursed #6 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9871 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3
Using individual match results to determine the effectiveness of equipment is going to lead to a lot of "lucky socks" type beliefs.

spud_tuber #7 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 04:39

Major

• Players
  • 65822 battles

View PostDeviouslyCursed, on Jan 14 2021 - 11:03, said:

Using individual match results to determine the effectiveness of equipment is going to lead to a lot of "lucky socks" type beliefs.

Considering who the OP is, I'd say that "lucky socks" is par for the course.

umkhulu #8 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 09:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Jan 15 2021 - 04:39, said:

Considering who the OP is, I'd say that "lucky socks" is par for the course.

I'm suggesting that if you haven't tried it, you might be pleasantly surprised at the result.

Have you tried it?.... :)

I_QQ_4_U #9 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 13:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 28138 battles

View PostEngineer777, on Jan 14 2021 - 16:41, said:

In most all cases, Improved Rotation Mechanism is superior to Improved Aiming Unit. IRM improves accuracy not only on the move, but on hull rotation and gun rotation as well

It actually doesn't really improve bloom on hull or turret rotation, it might while moving if you don't turn the turret or hull. It's kind of a wash, because when your hull and turret rotate faster it cause worse bloom, which is offset by the bloom reduction. So it's really a mobility enhancer more than accuracy. That's why it's really good on SPG's or TD's even if they don't need the mobility buff since they are often just aiming at one spot and not moving. That's why Vstabs is still better on tanks that don't need the traverse buff.

jeb2 #10 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 13:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 61972 battles
  • [HU] HU

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jan 15 2021 - 13:05, said:

It actually doesn't really improve bloom on hull or turret rotation, it might while moving if you don't turn the turret or hull. It's kind of a wash, because when your hull and turret rotate faster it cause worse bloom, which is offset by the bloom reduction. So it's really a mobility enhancer more than accuracy. That's why it's really good on SPG's or TD's even if they don't need the mobility buff since they are often just aiming at one spot and not moving. That's why Vstabs is still better on tanks that don't need the traverse buff.

Let me quibble a bit here.  Because the IRM turns you faster, it lets you begin aiming sooner.  This means you have more time to aim when you line up the target.  Thus, for a given number of seconds to fire, the IRM equipped vehicle will have a smaller reticle size.

Engineer777 #11 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 15:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24838 battles
  • [KEA] KEA

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jan 15 2021 - 13:05, said:

It only makes you rotate faster when you TELL your tank to rotate faster, AKA when you're turning full speed. If you're making micro adjustments in sniper mode the second before firing, the gun traverses at the rate of your mouse. IRM also helps when driving straight and after firing, which aren't offset at all by the same peice of equipment. It literally has the same effect as V Stab but reduced.

For an exaggerated demonstration, try this on the Super Pershing or T+34-85M (both are held back by poor terrain resistance).

Setup 1)

V. Stabilizer & Grousers & IRM

vs

Setup 2)

Vents, GLD, Improved Aiming Unit

These builds are short on view range, but they will really demonstrate the difference. The Grousers will improve hull rotation by more than 20% (if in mobility slot)(I believe) since it increases both listed rotation rate as well as terrain resistance, which combined together and with horsepower to stock horsepower ratio, determine the actual traverse speed on each type of terrain. This means that when rotating the hull, the accuracy increase of V. Stab. will be offset.

Waarheid #12 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 16:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22097 battles
IRM is fully useful on casemates. Remember that it improves hull traverse well as reducing bloom. It’s like having clutch braking, and with both you almost have a turreted tank. 

Edited by Waarheid, Jan 15 2021 - 16:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users