What crew 2.0 should have been vs what it is shaping up to be

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Captain

• -Players-
  • 57637 battles

The crew system in WoT is in my opinion a very enjoyable part of the game.  Parts are outdated yes and could use some attention.  But what I was hoping that would look like would be something like Alternate Advancements did in EverQuest 20 years ago.  Keep the existing system and build on it.  Clean house with some of the skill/perks nobody uses and I like the idea of adding the essential skill of 6th sense.  So we can use that as a demo.

You could have had 6th sense default that everyone gets, triggers at 4 seconds.  6th sense skill earned 3 seconds, and new skill Improved 6th sense 2.7 seconds. (requires original 6th sense earned skill to research).

You could apply the same concept to many of the popular skills adding an improvement to the tier 1 skill as a 2nd tier skill.  Tier 1 skill is always a pre-requisite for the tier 2 version of the skill.

This approach means all the money you have spent on bunks and/or premium tanks to train specific crew members etc. was not wasted but rather has added value.

What it is shaping up to be is stripping long term players of much of what they have earned in game over countless thousands of battles and a devaluation of a lot of real money spent in good faith on this game with products that will no longer offer any value.

Edited by Tedsc, Yesterday, 05:35 PM.

_Katyusha___ #2 Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21278 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
Totally agree. If they want crew 2.0, they should do it on WOT 2, not in WOT

TheGuardian050 #3 Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19017 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

The saddest part for me is I'm a bit of a digital pack-rat and I actually still have every single crew member who has ever fought even one battle in one of my tanks. Some of them are now almost 10 years old!

Katyusha I like your signature idea. I might do something similar.

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39340 battles

View PostTheGuardian050, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:12, said:

The saddest part for me is I'm a bit of a digital pack-rat and I actually still have every single crew member who has ever fought even one battle in one of my tanks. Some of them are now almost 10 years old!

Katyusha I like your signature idea. I might do something similar.

I'm reporting you to the UN. You can't be sending 10 year olds into battle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users