Jump to content


Crew 2.0 complaints


  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Tig_Welder_1 #1 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 17:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9706 battles
  • 632
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

(The following is my personal opinion and represent no one other than myself.)

 

I am sorry you spent real money on your crews. I am sorry you spent real time on the clock training your crews, i am sorry you purchased bunks for crews. However, this company that brings you an ever changing online MMO doesn't really owe you anything in compensation. To many times it seems that in todays society everyone demands compensation for something. Come on, a multi million dollar company based in another country doesn't owe you Sh..

 

Now, yes, we as a player base can close our wallets and do something else, however, that wont happen. A few of you may actually stop playing the game in defiance. In doing so, what does that do for your crews? Now you get nothing in compensation and the very game you played for so long now sits idle.

 

I for one will just accept what is given/earned in an ever changing MMO environment as I have no control over what does and does not happen. 

 

Regards



Tedsc #2 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:16

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 57974 battles
  • 1,324
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jan 14 2021 - 17:58, said:

(The following is my personal opinion and represent no one other than myself.)

 

I am sorry you spent real money on your crews. I am sorry you spent real time on the clock training your crews, i am sorry you purchased bunks for crews. However, this company that brings you an ever changing online MMO doesn't really owe you anything in compensation. To many times it seems that in todays society everyone demands compensation for something. Come on, a multi million dollar company based in another country doesn't owe you Sh..

 

Now, yes, we as a player base can close our wallets and do something else, however, that wont happen. A few of you may actually stop playing the game in defiance. In doing so, what does that do for your crews? Now you get nothing in compensation and the very game you played for so long now sits idle.

 

I for one will just accept what is given/earned in an ever changing MMO environment as I have no control over what does and does not happen. 

 

Regards

Accept that bait and switch sales is illegal.  Premium tanks and bunks were sold for real money to serve a certain function in game that will no longer exist.  So WG took our money not in good faith of delivering the good or service they advertised the product to be.  This is illegal!



Koala_In_The_Rain #3 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32039 battles
  • 8,373
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostTedsc, on Jan 14 2021 - 10:16, said:

Accept that bait and switch sales is illegal.  Premium tanks and bunks were sold for real money to serve a certain function in game that will no longer exist.  So WG took our money not in good faith of delivering the good or service they advertised the product to be.  This is illegal!

 

Show me the sales agreement you have that says you'll keep your current crews and tanks forever, without change.

 

I'll wait.

 

A long time, I'm sure. 

 

But I have popcorn, so it's okay.  It's like waiting at Les Schwab Tires....  :popcorn:



ThePigSheFlies #4 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 83567 battles
  • 19,899
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jan 14 2021 - 11:58, said:

 Come on, a multi million dollar company based in another country doesn't owe you Sh..

 

 

 

Yeah, VW/Audi Group didn't have to pay a dime for Dieselgate...

oh, wait they literally have reported costs associated with that over $35B USD...

 

as for them sitting idle afterwards, I DGAF about real world compensation, it's literally reached a point where wargaming has focused so much on tangent development issues whilst long standing ignoring common complaints in other areas that it becomes a point of how many straws do they pile up on the camel before it's no longer an outlet for entertainment.

 

as it is I've set up maybe 5-10 tanks in the garage with equipment 2.0 - some for clanwars and the rest to play a paltry 5-10 battles per day before I alt+f4™ yet again over garbage maps and a host of other factors that literally kill the desire to participate in the player queues...  when wargaming (or any other company) introduces mechanics and reworks that consume time that should be spent enjoying the game, but instead are required to be spent relearning a new mechanic, and/or applying that mechanic just to participate, well then yeah, I'd rather go play chess.com or something else.

 

I may not represent everyone, but I'm certainly not alone judging by the majority of folks on my friends list that no longer play the game...



pafman #5 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 40795 battles
  • 803
  • [-_-] -_-
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View PostTig_Welder_1, on Jan 14 2021 - 17:58, said:

(The following is my personal opinion and represent no one other than myself.)

 

I am sorry you spent real money on your crews. I am sorry you spent real time on the clock training your crews, i am sorry you purchased bunks for crews. However, this company that brings you an ever changing online MMO doesn't really owe you anything in compensation. To many times it seems that in todays society everyone demands compensation for something. Come on, a multi million dollar company based in another country doesn't owe you Sh..

 

Now, yes, we as a player base can close our wallets and do something else, however, that wont happen. A few of you may actually stop playing the game in defiance. In doing so, what does that do for your crews? Now you get nothing in compensation and the very game you played for so long now sits idle.

 

I for one will just accept what is given/earned in an ever changing MMO environment as I have no control over what does and does not happen. 

 

blatant WG asskissing moronic dip[edited]tery

 

Regards

fixed



I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28138 battles
  • 11,970
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostTedsc, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:16, said:

Accept that bait and switch sales is illegal.  Premium tanks and bunks were sold for real money to serve a certain function in game that will no longer exist.

 

 

Where did they say you won't need bunks?



SwollenOstrich #7 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 29612 battles
  • 2,568
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jan 14 2021 - 11:25, said:

 

 

Where did they say you won't need bunks?

Yes! Since each crew can be trained for 3 tanks, you have two extra crews sitting around doing nothing because 1 now does the work of three. If you have a lot of tanks, that is a lot of idle crews.

 

Translation: you are gonna need a bigger barracks. They are available with gold at your friendly neighborhood WG online store.

 

Lol.



Tedsc #8 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 57974 battles
  • 1,324
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostKoala_In_The_Rain, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:20, said:

 

Show me the sales agreement you have that says you'll keep your current crews and tanks forever, without change.

 

I'll wait.

 

A long time, I'm sure. 

 

But I have popcorn, so it's okay.  It's like waiting at Les Schwab Tires....  :popcorn:

EULA doesn't supersede the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act...

 

A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service.  This initial advertised offer is “the bait.”  Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.

 

So any premium tank sold with crew slots other than the commander would be a bait and switch.  To my knowledge EVERY premium tanks has at least 1 more crew than the commander. Source - Cornell Law School - Legal Information Institute.



Koala_In_The_Rain #9 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32039 battles
  • 8,373
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostTedsc, on Jan 14 2021 - 10:36, said:

EULA doesn't supersede the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act...

 

A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service.  This initial advertised offer is “the bait.”  Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.

 

So any premium tank sold with crew slots other than the commander would be a bait and switch.  To my knowledge EVERY premium tanks has at least 1 more crew than the commander. Source - Cornell Law School - Legal Information Institute.

 

Show me your sales agreement.  I'm still waiting.

 

And re-read the EULA that YOU agreed to - feel free to show me the similar language to a sales agreement in there, if you want.

 

I know what "bait and switch" is.  You, on the other hand, are in the "bait and clueless" category in regard to the term of art.


Edited by Koala_In_The_Rain, Jan 14 2021 - 18:40.


Tig_Welder_1 #10 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:40

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9706 battles
  • 632
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View Postpafman, on Jan 14 2021 - 11:23, said:

fixed

Sorry, not a butt kissing WG player, just pointing out simple facts. They have Proven time and time again they will do whatever they wish.

 

Also, why act like a child in your response? Its all good though, you're attempts to hurt my feelings make my empty soul laugh.

 

Regards



Tedsc #11 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:42

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 57974 battles
  • 1,324
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostTedsc, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:36, said:

EULA doesn't supersede the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act...

 

A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service.  This initial advertised offer is “the bait.”  Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.

 

So any premium tank sold with crew slots other than the commander would be a bait and switch.  To my knowledge EVERY premium tanks has at least 1 more crew than the commander. Source - Cornell Law School - Legal Information Institute.

Currently I have 218 tanks most with minimum 3 skilled crews.  I also have 86 premium tanks many of which were purchased for crew training around the nuances of tech crew requirements for specific branches of tech trees.  CREW 2.0 devalues ALL of those purchases by eliminating the very nuances they were sold to address.



Tedsc #12 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:46

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 57974 battles
  • 1,324
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostKoala_In_The_Rain, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:39, said:

 

Show me your sales agreement.  I'm still waiting.

 

And re-read the EULA that YOU agreed to - feel free to show me the similar language to a sales agreement in there, if you want.

 

I know what "bait and switch" is.  You, on the other hand, are in the "bait and clueless" category in regard to the term of art.

  Show me in the EULA where it says they reserve the right to violate the the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices act.  Then show me any court case in the history of the US where a sales agreement IN VIOLATION of the law was upheld.  

 

I don't have any popcorn sorry.



Kefic #13 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16611 battles
  • 687
  • [ULFR] ULFR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostKoala_In_The_Rain, on Jan 14 2021 - 09:39, said:

 

Show me your sales agreement.  I'm still waiting.

 

And re-read the EULA that YOU agreed to - feel free to show me the similar language to a sales agreement in there, if you want.

 

I know what "bait and switch" is.  You, on the other hand, are in the "bait and clueless" category in regard to the term of art.

effectively, the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act is the EULA WG agreed to when doing business in the US.

 

Nothing else needs to be shown.



Tedsc #14 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 18:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 57974 battles
  • 1,324
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Jan 14 2021 - 18:34, said:

Yes! Since each crew can be trained for 3 tanks, you have two extra crews sitting around doing nothing because 1 now does the work of three. If you have a lot of tanks, that is a lot of idle crews.

 

Translation: you are gonna need a bigger barracks. They are available with gold at your friendly neighborhood WG online store.

 

Lol.

More than likely it means dismissing a lot of crews you spent A LOT of time developing.  And I am not even talking about the 3 tanks per commander stuff.  I can choose to keep a dedicated commander in each tank, but I have hundreds maybe even a thousand crew members trained to 3, 4  or 5 skills that have no value after crew 2.0.  HUNDREDS of hours if not thousands just thrown away by a really STUPID change WG is making.



GeorgePreddy #15 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 16,430
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

I'm essentially losing a bunch of 9, 8, 7, & 6 skill crews that I spent tons of actual dollars/in-game gold/credits/time building up.

 

They'll be replaced with 5 skill crews... un-****ingbelievable.

 

It will be a sad day for me when this  ****  goes live.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



TheGuardian050 #16 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19143 battles
  • 791
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    02-13-2011

View PostTedsc, on Jan 14 2021 - 12:16, said:

Accept that bait and switch sales is illegal.  Premium tanks and bunks were sold for real money to serve a certain function in game that will no longer exist.  So WG took our money not in good faith of delivering the good or service they advertised the product to be.  This is illegal!


And - even worse - they are still selling such things even while actively planning to make them useless or worth less than they are now.



SwollenOstrich #17 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 29612 battles
  • 2,568
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 14 2021 - 12:05, said:

I'm essentially losing a bunch of 9, 8, 7, & 6 skill crews that I spent tons of actual dollars/in-game gold/credits/time building up.

 

They'll be replaced with 5 skill crews... un-****ingbelievable.

 

It will be a sad day for me when this  ****  goes live.

But you get a small boost for anything over 5 skills.

 

Here is a 10% coupon good for any full-price item in the gift shop.



Goober013 #18 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:24

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 845 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    04-04-2019
Some thing to think about. I have seen some information about 750 gold to expand the number tanks for the single crew(up to three), so don,t expand the crew. Set your crew to the new standards and be done.

Goober013 #19 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:27

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 845 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    04-04-2019
Sorry Tedsc you beat me to it.

Nonamanadus #20 Posted Jan 14 2021 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 36437 battles
  • 4,198
  • [HBG] HBG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

If it ain't broken don't fix it (tweek maybe).

 

It's either a money grab or someone has to justify their job. Emulating World of Warships crew system is not a standard WOT should try, that game is boring and shallow. 

 

The new crew system will create a lot of resentment with the paying crowd.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users