Do you get the platoon XP/Silver bonus for platoons started in battle?

help platoon

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Moshulu_Hunter #1 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 8280 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT
 I know this question has been asked before but I have read and heard contradictory answers in the forum and in game. There is no answer in any official WG source that I have found.  Does anyone know for sure whether you get the bonus for a platoon that is created only during the battle, rather than before the battle in the garage?  If so, does it matter if teammates leave the platoon before the battle is over?  If you do know the answer, please mention how you know, since other forum discussions have been inconclusive.  Thanks!

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles

No. You do NOT get the Platoon Bonus for dynamic in-game tooing.

However, if you stay in that toon for your next game, you will. Basically, you have to be in the toon before queueing up.

Moshulu_Hunter #3 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 8280 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking,  How do you know this?  I have no reason to doubt it, it would just be nice to put this to rest and avoid someone contradicting you without evidence -- leaving this inconclusive, as in past posts.  Thanks again.

Yojimbo50 #4 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31304 battles
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G

Because its true. Just do it once and you will see it is correct!

Vladimir_K_BestPlayer #5 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15180 battles
  • [SHEEN] SHEEN

View PostMoshulu_Hunter, on Jan 17 2021 - 19:19, said:

Thanks. If you don't mind me asking,  How do you know this?  I have no reason to doubt it, it would just be nice to put this to rest and avoid someone contradicting you without evidence -- leaving this inconclusive, as in past posts.  Thanks again.

for non dynamic platoons, in post-game stats, you will see something liek "platoon bonus" when looking at silver/xp awarded to you; in dynamic platoons it won't show up.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 34062 battles

I don't know if this is conclusive enough, though I never Platoon except to accept In-Match Invites.  I NEVER have gotten a Platoon Bonus.

Pretty sure the above person is correct.  You have to be platooned BEFORE entering the match or you won't get the bonus.  You can get cool Platoon Only rewards, but not that bonus IF you did not start platooned when entering the match.  At least, that's been my experience never having gotten an In-Game bonus and I only accept In-Game Platoon invites.

Hope that helps.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Moshulu_Hunter #7 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 8280 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT
Point proven conclusively. Thank you! 

Cupujoe #8 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 19:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 11 battles
If you search back through WG announcements on the main page you will eventually find the one that announced how it works.
Sorry,  but I'm not doing it for you.

Projectile_misfired is correct though.

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles

View PostMoshulu_Hunter, on Jan 17 2021 - 18:19, said:

The best to 'prove' it is for you to do it. Play a game and create a dynamic-toon in-game. Then, when you get a chance, play a game where you're in a platoon prior to queueing up for the match.

Once you have both games played, look at the 3rd tab in the After-battle Report. You'll notice that the one where you entered the game in a platoon will have a "platoon" bonus listed whereas the dynamic-toon game will not.

Btw, this is how I know, for certain, that you don't get the Platoon Bonus for dynamic-toons.

MGFranks #10 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 33677 battles
  • [2TAT] 2TAT

View PostCupujoe, on Jan 17 2021 - 13:59, said:

If you search back through WG announcements on the main page you will eventually find the one that announced how it works.
Sorry, but I'm not doing it for you.

Projectile_misfired is correct though.

This is correct. It's documented, but the documentation is hard to find. As usual.

dunniteowl #11 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 20:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 34062 battles

View PostMGFranks, on Jan 17 2021 - 13:34, said:

This is correct. It's documented, but the documentation is hard to find. As usual.

Agreed.  I actually DID look and found nothing specific to the OPs question, though a few tidbits about Platoon Bonus with proper Tier Matching Units.  After about fifteen minutes of fruitless effort in the wiki search and sifting through those I stopped.

While I, above MANY others LOVE to have accurate, linkable and referable information, I also find that the forums are a great source of information that one might label 'errata' and 'addendum' level information.  Sometimes looking IS hard. Search Engines do not always provide you the best answer in the first few results.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

heavymetal1967 #12 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 81119 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

The platoon bonus listed in the results per the earlier poster.

By the way it is NOT a 15% bonus to credits if you have premium account it is 10%.  The 15% refers to non premium account.  Hover over the little i for information on the platoon pane.

Dynamics do not count per the earlier poster.  If you join a platoon during battle you will get the platoon screen afterwards with the bonuses listed.  BUT that is referring to if you continue the platoon.  For folks not sure it's easily checked via after battle reports as was mentioned.

And this is regarding CREDIT earnings folks not XP earnings as the xp earnings are the same for everyone.

It's 15% of the base earnings or non premium credit earnings which is the same as 10% of credit earnings with premium account.  So 10% regardless of account status as the extra 5% considers the bonus you're already getting before entering in a platoon.

For anyone that may not follow that let me try to explain.  Be kind as math ain't my forte.

For the sake of easy math let's use the example that you earn 10k credits playing with a standard account (non-platooned).  This is the baseline which is also base or gross income.

When you're using a premium account by yourself, you get +50% credits.  So you would get 15k credits.

If you were in a platoon with a standard account you would get +10% credits.  Which would be 11k credits.

When you're using a premium account and play in a platoon you get the combined effect based on that 10k base.  10k X 1.5 for premium combined with 10k X 1.1 platoon which totals at 16,000 credits.

That is a 65% bonus compared to the base income.  Which is +15% extra compared to the bonus if you were playing solo with a premium account which is 50%.

Moshulu_Hunter #13 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 8280 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT
Thanks again!

Also tagged with help, platoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users