You Ask - We Reply! Answers from EU/RU server #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Oct 08 2011 - 20:48

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

The original format of the You ask - We reply! threads were masses of questions asked by players on the NA, EU, and RU servers that were gathered up and sent off to the development team. A portion of these questions were answered and the same set of answers were posted into the NA / EU and RU forums.

We wanted to try and improve on that system and we wanted all or at least most of the NA questions being answered and we wanted NA answers for NA questions.
So we swapped to a new weekly system.

Monday, Answers to the previous questions are posted.
Tuesday, A new topic is opened to gather questions from the players on THAT topic.
Friday, the questions are sent off to a developer who specializes in the topic of the week.
<Repeat>

So, here is the Q&A's from the selected questions from the EU and RU servers.
Ive proofed the answers a little to word some things a bit better than the translator did.
Dated 5th October 2011

EU / RU Developer Answers

- Players create various add-ons for the game interface; do you plan to subsequently extend the in-game interface settings, based on such addons? For example, the aiming spot color so that it wasn't the same color as the background; target markers modes and etc. - all these things are actually the 'must have', and it's hard to play without them. So I would like to see such things in the game. If you do plan to add it, what's the ETA?

Frankly speaking, we have no such plans at the moment.

- When will you at last return tracers back to the game?? Will you let them back as it was?

We will return the tracers partially with the v.7.0 update, but in an updated way.

EDIT: Additional information.
Tracers will be partially returned in v0.7.0:
- for arcade/sniper mode: tracers from enemy tanks that are both nearer than 445 meters from player's tank and within 25 degrees from gun's direction will be displayed in addition to tracers that are displayed in current Game Client version.
- for SPG mode: tracers from enemy SPGs that are within player's view screen will be displayed in addition to tracers that are displayed in current Game Client version.

- Will we be able to reset the crew skills for free, when new ones appear? Or will it be possible for gold only?

After adding new skills, it will be possible to reset the crew skills for free.

- Will the E-100 tank's cockpit be placed in the middle of suspension or at the back of it?

The cockpit will be placed in the back of the tank, like in the Ferdinand.

- Will you add a 173mm gun to E-100?

The 173mm gun is not planned for adding to E-100.

- Will the new game physics make possible the following situation: we penetrate the Maus with the armor-piercer, and then shoot at the same spot with the HE shell, but the HE just damages the tank without touching the armor (because theoretically we've hit the armor and now it has nothing in it, just a hole)

Such a situation has nothing in common with the game physics and tank maneuverability.

- Will we ever be able to invite to, for instance, a clan battle the unlimited number of spectators, who will switch from a tank to another one to see the whole battle? Such things would be useful for the clan newcomers.

Of course, the spectator mode will be realized in future, but the number of the viewers will be limited to a certain number per battle.

- When will you make VK3601H a heavy tank?

Soon, But it depends on other factors.

- Will the clan logos be placed on all tanks in a garage? Or shall we do it for each vehicle specifically?

It will be possible to put "one" logo on a vehicle.

- Will you add the chat slash commands like in battle.net? /w <username> - for sending a private message, /r - for replying a private message. So that we could chat with people, not playing in the current battle or even playing World of Warplanes, not the tanks. Will you improve the friendlist to see the player's online status: in battle, in the special battle, in a tank company battle, in the training room, in the garage, afk, and so on?

We're thinking of implementing slash commands, but cannot make promises in vain, so let's say, that they might me implemented. As far as the inter-project chatting is concerned, there will be such an opportunity to communicate with players, running our other game projects. But we have no plans for adding the player's status, reflecting the current battle type.

- The General plan for release in 2011-2012 says that the Soviet SU-85(I), SU-100 M1, SU-101 (Uralmash-1), SU-122-54;) are due to release in Q4 2011. As we all know, you're going to release a technically very complex v.7.0 update, but in this case, will you add the new tanks on the dates you announced? Because, as it was stated somewhere, the Soviet and German TDs will be implemented separately, but they are both to be released in Q4 2011.

We will provide detailed information on the ETA of the upcoming vehicles soon.

- When you implement the clan logos, will I be able to upload my own logo? And can I move it, so that to see both the nation marks and the logo? Can I add some text to it?

The players will have the possibility of using the introduced logos only. It will be impossible to move the logo, but you will be able to type some text for the logo.

- If a ignore a tanker, will he still annoy me with his horning?

There will be no problem with that as you won't hear the horns coming from the ignored players.

- Will horns de-mask a tank?

No, they won't.

- Can I unmount the skins for Gold, like modules? Or it is just possible to repaint them?

You can just repaint them.

- Will you re-balance the balancer so that it estimates each vehicle separately? Or will it remain as it used to be, when it takes into account just the tank type and tier? In other words, will the VK3002(DB) with 88mmL56 gun (132mm Pene) be equal to T43 with 100mm gun (175mm penetration)?

We do not plan such things at the moment; but the Match-Maker would see these tanks as equal ones.

- Will you ever add tier 11 tanks? Or tier 10 for TD's and medium tanks? Or you just stick to the new nations implementation?

Tier 11 will not be introduced, but we are discussing the implementation of tier 10 TD's and medium tanks.

- Will you change the matchmaking rate for Panzer V/IV and Panzer V/IV Alpha as the vehicles are certainly unfit for action on tier 6?

Such a change hasn't been discussed or planned yet.

- Will the Sherman firefly be of tier 7 or what?

We're currently considering what tier it should have.

- Will you add the maps with city battles as now we have got just two of them?

They are possible to appear, but not soon as their creation requires much time.

- They say that you're going to expand some maps. Do you really plan to expand the existing maps?

No, the rumors remain rumors as we do not plan the extending of the existing maps at the moment. Nevertheless, we already noted that the big maps will be added in the future.

- Will the new game physics affect the buildings destruction?

The new physics will only change the vehicle motion.

- When new physics appear, what shall happen to a tank when it falls into water on Lakeville, for example?

It will sink and be destroyed.

- Will you add the opportunity to draw something on minimaps in training rooms, for instance, the direction of rushing and etc.?

We dont have any plans for such an implementation at the moment.

Please note:
Please do not Ask questions in this thread

This thread is for the discussion of the above and not for asking new questions to the development team.

Drakenred #2 Posted Oct 09 2011 - 05:39

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostTanitha, on Oct 08 2011 - 20:48, said:

We wanted to try and improve on that system and we wanted all or at least most of the NA questions being answered and we wanted NA answers for NA questions.
So we swapped to a new weekly system.
Good!

Frankly speaking, we have no such plans at the moment.
They would save themselves sooo many headakes if they just said this a bit more often.

or maybee not

- Will we be able to reset the crew skills for free, when new ones appear? Or will it be possible for gold only?

After adding new skills, it will be possible to reset the crew skills for free.

I THINK they ment you can resert skills when THEY  add skills. otherwise this is kind of oddly worded,

- Will the E-100 tank's cockpit be placed in the middle of suspension or at the back of it?

um what?

- When will you make VK3601H a heavy tank?

Soon, But it depends on other factors.

I assume things like "the tank going on an American Diet" (yes Im an Texan)

- The General plan for release in 2011-2012 says that the Soviet SU-85(I), SU-100 M1, SU-101 (Uralmash-1), SU-122-54;) are due to release in Q4 2011. As we all know, you're going to release a technically very complex v.7.0 update, but in this case, will you add the new tanks on the dates you announced? Because, as it was stated somewhere, the Soviet and German TDs will be implemented separately, but they are both to be released in Q4 2011.

We will provide detailed information on the ETA of the upcoming vehicles soon.

Tier 11 will not be introduced, but we are discussing the implementation of tier 10 TD's and medium tanks.
YAY!

Wallachia #3 Posted Oct 09 2011 - 06:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 930 battles

I THINK they ment you can resert skills when THEY add skills. otherwise this is kind of oddly worded,

I don't know as well. I think what they meant is that you will be able to reset skills everytime for free.

At least this is what the wording of his answer made it seem.

RayJones #4 Posted Oct 09 2011 - 07:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles

View PostWallachia, on Oct 09 2011 - 06:31, said:

I don't know as well. I think what they meant is that you will be able to reset skills everytime for free.

At least this is what the wording of his answer made it seem.

I read somewhere that there is going to be a 'premium item' which will reset the secondary skills.

So when new secondary skills show up, I think they will give that 'premium item' for free in every existing account for once. After that, players will need to buy the skill reset with gold. This is only my personal opinion.

Death187 #5 Posted Oct 09 2011 - 16:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View PostDrakenred, on Oct 09 2011 - 05:39, said:

They are talking about the Stugg E100 German TD. It was slated to have 128mm, 150mm, and a 173mm main cannon options on the drawing board. However, WG will not add the 173mm in the game. It would be far to powerful of a cannon. Hopefully , they will give each nation a T10 TD at some point. If they gave the Germans this one we would get teh 175mm cannon. Not sure why they labeled it an E90, the person who put this together was mistaken, its an E100

http://www.nast-sond...0-Krokodil1.JPG

SpectreHD #6 Posted Oct 09 2011 - 22:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16849 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostDeathsHead187, on Oct 09 2011 - 16:18, said:

They are talking about the Stugg E100 German TD. It was slated to have 128mm, 150mm, and a 173mm main cannon options on the drawing board. However, WG will not add the 173mm in the game. It would be far to powerful of a cannon. Hopefully , they will give each nation a T10 TD at some point. If they gave the Germans this one we would get teh 175mm cannon. Not sure why they labeled it an E90, the person who put this together was mistaken, its an E100

Unfortunately, the Stug E-100 we will get will be similar to the Ferdinand in i.e. superstructure in the back and engine in front.

Drakenred #7 Posted Oct 10 2011 - 02:36

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
there is no way the E-90 hull would have fit a 173, (the minimum lenght from the mountpoint to the end of the recoil stroke would have resulted in the gun punching a rear mounted engine out the back unless they mounted the center of the pivot 1 meter in front of the leading edge of the hull)

front mounting a engein along one side of the tank would result in a very ridgedly mounted gun.

Dominatus #8 Posted Oct 10 2011 - 03:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10311 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
There are so many different StuG E-100 interpretations that it's not even funny.

But the devs are probably not giving it a 173mm gun so that the British gets something special with their 183mm later on.

Da7K #9 Posted Oct 10 2011 - 11:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3492 battles
  • [TB] TB

View PostDeathsHead187, on Oct 09 2011 - 16:18, said:

E-100 has 8 roadwheels, this one has 7

a1fox3 #10 Posted Oct 10 2011 - 19:46

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32548 battles
  • [CXT] CXT

- Will the Sherman firefly be of tier 7 or what?

We're currently considering what tier it should have.

What is to be consider the British Sherman Friefly is the same as the US Easy 8 both have 76mm guns, (IE US 76mm and the UK had a 76.2mm.)
Its the M4A4 body with the 17 ponder gun (76.2mm).

Sherman Firefly - British Sherman I or V re-armed with QF 17 pounder (76.2 mm) anti-tank gun with C added to designation (as in Sherman IC or VC).
http://en.wikipedia....e_Sherman_tanks

Or are you planing on making it a better tank than the Easy 8.

mrleadfellow #11 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 00:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 27739 battles
  • [-SCW-] -SCW-
I noticed everyone seems to think that Wot cant be hacked or have bots...By allowing custom skins you let people make black and white hitzone skins.If you install these then download any color bot from any game from the last 10 years set and the color to white and start wot you will have a working hitbox aimbot.It is really that simple and needs to be fixed color bots work very well and most games won't allow custom skins because of this reason.I hate it because i love my custom skins camo..ect but this needs to be fixed.If we have to loose custom skins to get rid of over 100 working color bots so be it.Simple checksum of files will fix this problem along with removing all custom skins...

please help I love wot
Mrlead

Strait_Raider #12 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 00:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 3655 battles

View Posta1fox3, on Oct 10 2011 - 19:46, said:

What is to be consider the British Sherman Friefly is the same as the US Easy 8 both have 76mm guns, (IE US 76mm and the UK had a 76.2mm.)
Its the M4A4 body with the 17 ponder gun (76.2mm).

Or are you planing on making it a better tank than the Easy 8.

The 'Easy Eight' and the Firefly are two very different beasts, with the most obvious difference being the gun. The 17-pdr gun was a phenomenal anti-tank piece, able to penetrate 140mm of armor at 500m at a 30 degree angle (160mm equivalent thickness) with AP rounds and 208mm (240mm normalized) with sabot rounds (presumably our gold rounds for this vehicle). As these are values at 500m, we could see values of 170-180 and 270-280mm of penetration, respectively. The gun was also very accurate but produced a huge muzzle blast due to the large charge, so expect to see a bigger camo reduction when this gun shoots in-game. Expect a possible lowered reload speed for balance as well.

The M4A3E8 will retain its role of fast flanker, as the HVSS system gives it better cross-country performance and weapons stability than the Firefly.

The Firefly will likely fulfill a role of "Sherman Sniper", providing mobile fire support for other medium tanks, as it did in real life, and providing the punch to take out tanks its companions can't. The firefly also had an extra 13mm of mantlet armor, so expect it to perform marginally better in hull-down positions.

However, I also expect to see the Firefly introduced as a premium British tank, as it was more of a British retrofit and wouldn't really make sense in the tech tree progression.

Strait_Raider #13 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 01:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 3655 battles

View Postmrleadfellow, on Oct 16 2011 - 00:46, said:

I noticed everyone seems to think that Wot cant be hacked or have bots...By allowing custom skins you let people make black and white hitzone skins.If you install these then download any color bot from any game from the last 10 years set and the color to white and start wot you will have a working hitbox aimbot.It is really that simple and needs to be fixed color bots work very well and most games won't allow custom skins because of this reason.I hate it because i love my custom skins camo..ect but this needs to be fixed.If we have to loose custom skins to get rid of over 100 working color bots so be it.Simple checksum of files will fix this problem along with removing all custom skins...

please help I love wot
Mrlead

I respectfully disagree with your non-skinning proposal. It would be a terrible crime to render inoperable the hundreds of gorgeous custom skins that people have created. As for the hitbox skins, yes they're cheap, but any tanker worth his salt knows where to shoot anyway. As for color-based aimbots, I severely question their practicality due to the large number of factors at play such as the settling of the gun sights, turret traverse speed (gun is not always pointing where your screen is), target speed and lead, and obscured shots when you're not shooting at a visible tank (blind shots or when you shoot at an outline). The human mind can balance all these factors intuitively, but I don't believe that your basic Call of Duty aimbot is capable of that yet.

I believe (or at least hope) that the upcoming changes to the reporting system should also cut down significantly on bot-usage.

My two cents. Cheers.

mrleadfellow #14 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 01:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 27739 battles
  • [-SCW-] -SCW-
If you have played any games like quake3 in the past you would know that color bots work very well.They will pick out any color its set to and pinpoint it as fast as allowed.So think of the ingame autoaim its just like that but always aims for the best spot on the facing side of a tank with out you touching your mouse at all.Needs to be adressed there are some new color bot that are super fast now and would have no trouble using the black and white hitbox skins koreanrandom.com  released....

enduringfreedom #15 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 22:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 9741 battles
i did not know were to ask this but why is it tanks will disappear 2 ft in front of me? and why is it the TYP-59 is in this game it is way to powerful and to heavily armored for this game please do something about this. and not only me but i think everyone would like to see some better non premium tanks. to combat the TYP-59 and LOWE. i do understand that they are gold tanks but the typ-59 ruins this game for people that don't or cant put money into this game.

Death187 #16 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 22:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 09 2011 - 22:05, said:

Unfortunately, the Stug E-100 we will get will be similar to the Ferdinand in i.e. superstructure in the back and engine in front.

I know. I was just saying that if they were ever going to bring in T10 TDs, the one I linked would be a good choice for the Germans. It also has teh 175mm cannon

Insanebrutality #17 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 21:55

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
Why wont it load i DL the game and its stuck at loading when i start the luancher
i dont know whats going on but its annoying the hell out of me

Insanebrutality #18 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 21:56

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
it wont even let me press the close button or any other buttons

Insanebrutality #19 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 21:58

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
someone help me please

trickster #20 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 21:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 25725 battles
Where do I report a in game cheater. Some one on your team telling the other team where tanks are coming from?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users