Incoming: First round of HE Shells sandbox test results

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Waild #21 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 18:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 23573 battles

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 16:52, said:

"more than 70% of the reviews were positive".  OK,  so why were all the forums so negative on it.  

Because the negative guys loves to scream in the forums, as they start their games saying "GG its a loss"

just look at this, 40+ people crying about how the (unnecessary) reward tanks will not be in the new steel hunter mode. WoT: The End for the Expedition Event - The Armored Patrol

And now, look at this, WG saying we will still have reward tanks and only 2 guys talked about that, and the rest (10) keep trying to find negative things about that note.Update 1.12: Common Test 2 Is Ready! + Patchnotes - The Armored Patrol ignoring all the good thing in the 1.12

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #22 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 39048 battles
  • [ROLED] ROLED

View PostRealBattousai, on Feb 19 2021 - 07:38, said:

There is no problem with premium shells, the problem is with RNG which necessitates the use of prem shells. The only ones whining about prem are the bots who can't herp derp in their heavy tank and just win without taking damage or needing to think, just like the HE changes; bots who want easy brain free damage are crying.

Agreed

Ifs funny how the pooper got a bunch of + 1's but not you.  I gave you one lol.

Just because you drive a heavy does not mean that you will not get rekt. I love it when a tier 10 heavy sends me nasty messages after the battle for using gold rounds.  Maybe if I wasnt in a tier 8 and RNG wont let me hit where I am aiming, I would use standard but still pretty hard to pen some 10 heavies when you are in a tier 8 heavy, light or med. Even tier 10s have a hard time penning other tier 10s in many situations.

Anyways disspersion RNG is really bad sometimes but I really hate the   " - 25 % PENETRATION RNG  " WHY IS PENETRATION RNG EVEN A THING??? 

Seems pretty shady IMO. Everything will look good / map, tier and the tank I am in but RNG SAYS FU.

Have a nice day.

UnitG2 #23 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 37313 battles

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 07:52, said:

"more than 70% of the reviews were positive".  OK,  so why were all the forums so negative on it.  

Obviously they are using alternative facts.

So glad I didnt buy a KV2 R. Perhaps there will be a Russian refund where you pay for the refund like last time.

Nerfing the HE seems to be about the same as removing 1/3 of the maps in terms of content.

martingalindo #24 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43984 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-
The main problem: High explosive that DOES NOT EXPLODE.
Amazing u can shoot a track and do 0 damage if dont touch the main armor of the tank. Does not seems logical at all

cloudwalking #25 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 18:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 198 battles

How about making 5 coins possible through standard battle pass...that'd be cool.

Jaguarz #26 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9174 battles

There shouldnt be any tanks running raw "HE" rounds, they were there to be used against people as a fragmentation device. Outside of bespoke oddities such as the KV which ran a howitzer virtually no tank in this game would have had HE ammo available for it, it would have been HEAT, HESH or HEP all of which behave very differently and HESH and HEP shouldnt be a basic HE dynamic with more pen anyway.

That said, something needed to be done with the high tier HE spam, it was ridiculous, back when campaign 1 was launched I took a Maus middle road lakeville and bounced nearly 30k, now it would be just HE spam from a lot of tanks and makes bounce mission miserable (which in my opinion should be MITIGATED values as opposed to bounce but thats neither here or there)

Mikosah #27 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View Postmartingalindo, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:56, said:

Amazing u can shoot a track and do 0 damage if dont touch the main armor of the tank. Does not seems logical at all

About that, smells to me that they're making the concept of splash damage exclusive to arta. The solution problem searching for a problem continues its search...

stsid1 #28 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 13907 battles
So am I going to get a refund on all my russian TDs and kv2

UnitG2 #29 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 37313 battles

View Poststsid1, on Feb 19 2021 - 10:22, said:

So am I going to get a refund on all my russian TDs and kv2

Probably, but its likely another one of their "Russian refunds".

That's where you pay them 2000 gold each to pick a replacement tank from a small pre-selected group.

pppship #30 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 4136 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
I personally was fine with every change but the "Screen not penetrated" on AP shells and the no shooting at the ground with HE and doing damage. The screen thing really stinks when everything is easy penetrable but (for example) I couldn't pen the JgPz E100's side with an AMX 13 105. Also, the HE thing kinda ruins tanks with low AP pen that always shoot at the ground with HE.

Snohoe #31 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 19903 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

Glad to see it moving forward. Good changes over all, but only if it is followed by certain vehicles receiving armor changes such as the 279E. Also HE hits that deal only 20 damage or such should not be taking out modules and crew members imo otherwise small caliber fast firing HE could become game breaking / a major annoyance. There should be a minimum threshold for that. 

View Postmartingalindo, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:56, said:

Might not be realistic but its better for the game though. 

n4cer67 #32 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19880 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
The HE nerf is horrible, if they want to change the characteristics of ammo then nerf the premium rounds. HE is a viable alternative to tankers when facing thin or hvy armored tanks. This HE nerf is just catering to the self entitled that specialize in LT or HVY tanks. HE by definition should do massive damage WITH a blast radius even when hitting the ground or nearby object. This nerf basically tunrs it into watered down heat rounds. The only player that support this HE nerf are the ptw clickers spamming their gold ammo while cruising around in their LT or HVY. The majority of the posts i've seen have been negative about this nerf so I don't see where the 70% approval came from.

Edited by n4cer67, Feb 19 2021 - 19:58.

jadg_washtub #33 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 19:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 32470 battles

Hi,

Do not count me as one all excited about "significant reduction in damage from reworked HE shells". I played 75 Sandbox battles. For me this makes the game more difficult for my circumstances and translates into less fun.

Have a nice day

n4cer67 #34 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19880 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Postbeetbear, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:02, said:

And please once you launch, make it so HE shells that do not penetrate count as blocks for missions. I'm playing in my Kranvagn trying to finish off the block mission for the 279e and I got hit 17 times in a game. 13 of those by HE. It's absurd. If it doesn't penetrate that's a block. plain and simple.

Premium ammo is more of a threat than HE when it comes to dmg blocked missions.

latvius #35 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45507 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

View PostRealBattousai, on Feb 19 2021 - 16:38, said:

There is no problem with premium shells, the problem is with RNG which necessitates the use of prem shells. The only ones whining about prem are the bots who can't herp derp in their heavy tank and just win without taking damage or needing to think, just like the HE changes; bots who want easy brain free damage are crying.

No problem with premium shells?  Are you joking, yeah it's no problem if you are fine with full gold spam.  Kettle calling the pot black in the second sentence.  The brainless are also the ones shooting full gold, because der her it does more damage so to keep my stats as pretty as the next player I shoot gold...

latvius #36 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45507 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 16:52, said:

Wow have you spent much time on the forums?  When do you see anything positive?  It's unicorn rare.

martingalindo #37 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43984 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

The main think i said they had to rework:

-Very low damage vs hulldown monsters

-0 Damage when shoot tracks and not the main armor

-Very low damage in very high calibers

-no Splash damage at all....

-0 damage vs hot wheels if u dont touch the main armor

what they liste:
-HE rework was doing great

View PostSnohoe, on Feb 19 2021 - 15:53, said:

Not at all, is making the game less tactical and not more tactical.

Edited by martingalindo, Feb 19 2021 - 20:10.

Snohoe #38 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:15

Captain

• Players
  • 19903 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View Postmartingalindo, on Feb 19 2021 - 13:09, said:

Not at all, is making the game less tactical and not more tactical.

How? People cant just shoot a tank in the most heavily armored part of it and deal roughly 1/2 damage now. You need to aim with HE now just like you do any other round. That is more "tactical" and skill based actually. And small caliber HE is not useless anymore, it now has guaranteed damage as long as you actually hit the tank. Perfect for finishing off tanks / decaping. 

Oh, AND HE deals with spaced armor / tracks better meaning decent pen HE is more viable to run "tactically" when you maneuver into a position to shoot at the thin sides / rears of tanks. Thats like, 3 times the tactical.

RamaLamaDingDong1 #39 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26 battles

Love the terms being tossed out an made up when changes occur. P2W ammo now there is a emo wordcraft being played. Brain Dead participants is always another descriptive term tossed to garner some support. I mean who wouldn't understand that bullet point right. The attempts to sway the limited audience with no power to redirect or change any decision WG is going to make. The forums are loaded with complaints and questions despite some of the elite learn to aim pompus AHoles that populate the forums claim otherwise. YET WG says the feedback is positive.

The testing is rigged folks lol. Its a sham to get you to play on the test server to make sure the program works with a few bugs as possible while they tweak the numbers. If the numbers are not satisfactory they announce due to feedback we are further testing or if the program sucked they cancel it due to "player feedback". Which is why EVERY single major change WG releases almost no info which stirs up the player base because they speculate on what might happen. Emotional involvement in the game. Endorphin producing stimulus. LOL we are all rats in the WG lab.

Edited by RamaLamaDingDong1, Feb 19 2021 - 20:18.

n4cer67 #40 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 20:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19880 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostSnohoe, on Feb 19 2021 - 12:53, said:

Glad to see it moving forward. Good changes over all, but only if it is followed by certain vehicles receiving armor changes such as the 279E. Also HE hits that deal only 20 damage or such should not be taking out modules and crew members imo otherwise small caliber fast firing HE could become game breaking / a major annoyance. There should be a minimum threshold for that. 

Not really, it's horrible for the game. HE is supposed to do damage by direct or indirect hits. The only ones that like this nerf are the ones playing LT's and HVY's. They keep dumbing the game down for the vocal self entitlement few that think every game should be a win without damage to their tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users