• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

QuicksilverJPR #61 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 30232 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostRealBattousai, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:51, said:

Because the forum is generally full of bad players...

Just like the game...

HZero #62 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 21:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23368 battles
  • [OMR] OMR

70%?  :teethhappy:   That's a lie and we all know it.

View PostSnohoe, on Feb 19 2021 - 13:59, said:

Man, I got a feeling that im being trolled. The point of that was dismantling one of your super rare scenarios where HE would somehow be less "tactical" that it is now even though it would become more so.

You think HE is more tactical now that it is less likely to do damage and less likely to crit? 

Tedsc #63 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 59194 battles

View PostSnohoe, on Feb 19 2021 - 20:20, said:

Nah, the real dumbing down are those games where hulldown / sidescraping tanks would just not bother to aim at each other or maneuver and instead start slinging HE back and forth... This makes people less able to just press a key 2 times to skip the need to aim. Now they need to nerf the alpha on gold rounds next.

Some of these people live in another universe.... Needing to aim = dumbing down somehow.... At least we know the ratio of smart to dumb people. 70%

You should still have to aim.  HE should be less effective the further the concussion wave travels.  If you aim HE at HE vulnerable spots it SHOULD be effective.  Conversely if you don't aim and just hit the broad side of the turret with HE the concussion wave would have to travel a fair distance to get to a vulnerable spot and thus be pretty worthless.

echo9835 #64 Posted Feb 19 2021 - 23:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27668 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6
I was never given an official survey to say how much I dislike the HE changes. I can't help but feel this sort of thing was an intentional oversight by WG. I am very curious to see where this 70% approval figure actually came from.

Otto_Steiner #65 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 00:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59104 battles
  • [GKC] GKC

I participated in the sandbox HE tests

For an unknown reason, I didn't get the survey to give you my feedback on those tests...  (I would have lowered the approval rate of your changes)

All in all, I played the KV2 and the FV4005 (since the FV183 wasn't available for testing purpose)

HE nerf that you designed will basically make tanks like the KV2, FV4005 and FV183 completely useless... I did 118 damage on average in my KV2 when I was fighting other tanks... since KV2 is slow and can't aim quickly, I don,t see how this tank would survive those changes... it's not as if you could run around another target to aim for his side armor... So after 2500 games in this tank, I will just throw it to the garbadge... same for the other 2

Don't know which players were impressed by the proposed changed... beyond those heavy turreted heavies players... a change to premium shells would have been wiser... but your developpers seem to have a bias and they are trying hard to introduce a change no players asked for over the years... while changes to skill based MM, RNG and other very important issues will stay unadressed

Edited by Otto_Steiner, Feb 20 2021 - 00:15.

GealicWolf #66 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 01:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13957 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
As stated numerous time before, How can this be a valid test of the HE mechanic, when the vast Majority of people on the test server are firing Gold, I mean Premium, I mean P2W ammo.:amazed:

Cowcat137 #67 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 21286 battles

Premium ammo is actually 

Omega_Weapon #68 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 59739 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
I tried out the new HE shells in the sandbox and was very disappointed with the changes. HE shells that do not explode are just a different type of AP shell. I did get the survey, but a few pages in (after making very negative responses) the survey suddenly got stuck and a message said currently "unavailable". I was not allowed to continue the survey and when I tried to restart the survey later it said I had completed it already. Maybe many other people who had negative views experienced similar "technical difficulties" with their surveys as well? I have a very hard time believing the 70% figure is legitimate.

Norseskald #69 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 03:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26136 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostRealBattousai, on Feb 19 2021 - 16:38, said:

There is no problem with premium shells, the problem is with RNG which necessitates the use of prem shells. The only ones whining about prem are the bots who can't herp derp in their heavy tank and just win without taking damage or needing to think, just like the HE changes; bots who want easy brain free damage are crying.

yea because a light firing premi shells should pen a super heavy in the front, the sad thing is , is now the meta russian tanks and the clannie tanks will be impenetrable, unless you feel like spamming premi, which i guess is what wg wants. im willing to bet the 70 pct is as about as correct as the "oh commrade its only 15 pct premi ammo spam da" 

Norseskald #70 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 03:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26136 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View Postkohotter, on Feb 19 2021 - 20:50, said:

I did not participate in the sandbox (only via Twitch streamers) and I've never posted in a forum like this, but these HE results are disappointing, to say the least. 

It's like asking "Do you hate arties?" and of course the majority would say yes, but we need to realize that it's a balancing mechanic integral to the game. I think the same goes to HE shells. 

If the changes are implemented, how am I going to fight against a hull-down Cheiften, IS7, 279e etc. in my 60TP? That's the question I want to ask. 

you wont youll get decimated, the 60 tp has great he damage, say good by to it, just do what others do, play russian tanks and pay some clan to get you the donq or 907

TheRipperman #71 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 03:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18404 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
No one likes these changes. SO I doubt 70% of people on the sandbox server reacted positively 

Norseskald #72 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 03:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26136 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Feb 19 2021 - 18:50, said:

Agreed

Ifs funny how the pooper got a bunch of + 1's but not you.  I gave you one lol.

Just because you drive a heavy does not mean that you will not get rekt. I love it when a tier 10 heavy sends me nasty messages after the battle for using gold rounds.  Maybe if I wasnt in a tier 8 and RNG wont let me hit where I am aiming, I would use standard but still pretty hard to pen some 10 heavies when you are in a tier 8 heavy, light or med. Even tier 10s have a hard time penning other tier 10s in many situations.

Anyways disspersion RNG is really bad sometimes but I really hate the   " - 25 % PENETRATION RNG  " WHY IS PENETRATION RNG EVEN A THING??? 

Seems pretty shady IMO. Everything will look good / map, tier and the tank I am in but RNG SAYS FU.

Have a nice day.

the problem is people take weeks or months to grind a heavy, with some armor was the only thing worth it, now because people like you want to pad the stats and pen everything near 85 pct of the time in your light, there is no point. p2w ammo shouldnt be in the game, when it was gold people rarely used it, some clans did in pubs but wasnt often, go into a tier 4 match and watch the premi ammo fly... its stupid. they might as well take all ammo away but premi ammo, then increase the price to like 100k per shell (youll still play) that way there is no more discussion. want to see how fun wot is with people leaving (even bad ones)? go to anz and enjoy the 2 minute plus wait times. 

JohnFreeToPlay #73 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 04:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 2507 battles
  • [DIALM] DIALM

There are so many Unbalanced things in this game,

why does Wargaming wants to focus on something that is absolute not the first priority again and again ?

to show us how hard they are working for nothing ? 

Walleye_Guy #74 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 05:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 4655 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN
The whole HE rework is nothing more than WG trying to push premiums rounds.  There are a lot of hull down heavies that even premium can't pen so HE was a viable option for digging them out and stopping them camping.  I am new to the game this year and am finally starting to remember the weak spots on several tanks, but the real problem with an HE rework is not 'bots spamming HE' as some have suggested, it is the fact that WG as made some tanks impossible to pen anywhere in the front.  Don't like HE?  fix the problem which is some tanks with no weak spots and the insanely cheap cost of HE shells vs all other shells. If your in some tanks and low tier match, the HE rework will make that match all but unplayable and will lead to a LOT of additional toxic behavior because what is the point of playing in a match you can't do anything in...  HE isn't the problem,  the problem is WG screwed up the game balance and now just wants everyone to play with nothing but premium rounds.  WG should just cut the bs manipulations and game playing and get rid of all current standard rounds and make only one type of round...  premium rounds.  That is what they are trying to have happen anyhow - so lets cut the crap and just call the HE rework what it is, an attempt to force the use of premium rounds.  I sure as @#$@ don't buy that 70% of the feedback was positive.  The shear amount of premium rounds being fired while playing the sandbox made me question if it was even a real HE test.  A real HE test would have made people use HE to see if it was truly viable.  If the HE rework goes to the live servers - WG damn well better buy back every HE focused tank and especially those premium one like the KV2-Rs 

mrpuroshow #75 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 08:52

Private

• Players
  • 8562 battles
  • [BTFF] BTFF
Why even wonder why modify HE rounds to begin with plz focus more on premium rounds balancing, I get shot with P2W on my light tanks and the damage history is full of P2W rounds I found this annoying and found my self playing warthunder more often because of this

RagnarokBazil #76 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 10:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29191 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Poststabbymckill, on Feb 19 2021 - 09:55, said:

Good morning Tankers,

The results are in from the first round of HE shell testing done on the sandbox server and have been published! We really appreciate all the feedback we received and hopefully the changes made based on player feedback reflect this. 
You can read the full report on the testing here 

As a reminder, the next round of HE shell testing will begin in late March or early April, stay tuned for further announcements. 

70%? Thats what the corporate big shots said you DID NOT play the server NOR you even taken the feed back to heart.. Its 70% because you want everyone to become Chinese clones of the server that spends money on P2w ammo and tanks.. Don't be WOKE and stop Fudging Lying..

Just like that ONLY 5% people spam Premium shells..

Edited by RagnarokBazil, Feb 20 2021 - 10:25.

martingalindo #77 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 11:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45034 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

View PostHZero, on Feb 19 2021 - 17:59, said:

You think HE is more tactical now that it is less likely to do damage and less likely to crit? 

I think  Snohoe, only dislike to get hitted by HE from a "new" when u can do full damage to him. Anyway he does not care about tactical thinking at all, he want HE nerf (dont confuse he with HE), even if the nerf kill the HE and no one will use it, he does not care

martingalindo #78 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 11:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45034 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

View PostGealicWolf, on Feb 19 2021 - 21:33, said:

As stated numerous time before, How can this be a valid test of the HE mechanic, when the vast Majority of people on the test server are firing Gold, I mean Premium, I mean P2W ammo.:amazed:

Agreed, al people where shooting Premium. Something that makes the point of the test useless

martingalindo #79 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 12:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45034 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

View PostOtto_Steiner, on Feb 19 2021 - 20:13, said:

I participated in the sandbox HE tests

For an unknown reason, I didn't get the survey to give you my feedback on those tests...  (I would have lowered the approval rate of your changes)

All in all, I played the KV2 and the FV4005 (since the FV183 wasn't available for testing purpose)

HE nerf that you designed will basically make tanks like the KV2, FV4005 and FV183 completely useless... I did 118 damage on average in my KV2 when I was fighting other tanks... since KV2 is slow and can't aim quickly, I don,t see how this tank would survive those changes... it's not as if you could run around another target to aim for his side armor... So after 2500 games in this tank, I will just throw it to the garbadge... same for the other 2

Don't know which players were impressed by the proposed changed... beyond those heavy turreted heavies players... a change to premium shells would have been wiser... but your developpers seem to have a bias and they are trying hard to introduce a change no players asked for over the years... while changes to skill based MM, RNG and other very important issues will stay unadressed

You have to play at least 5 battles if u do and the survey never appear in the main game something is wrong

Gravitymint #80 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 12:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 10651 battles
  • [MUTED] MUTED

View Postn4cer67, on Feb 19 2021 - 20:17, said:

Not really, it's horrible for the game. HE is supposed to do damage by direct or indirect hits. The only ones that like this nerf are the ones playing LT's and HVY's. They keep dumbing the game down for the vocal self entitlement few that think every game should be a win without damage to their tank.

What a terrible excuse to blame this on LT and HVY players, a lot of things needs to be reworked about ammo, and doing this HE is the first step... take a little advice from your quote below and learn to adapt to changes instead of crying on the forums because you dont like change, change is how we make things better, or worse in some cases, but sometimes things needs to get worse to get better, if you've lived a life you'd understand that part... so either go along with it, stay quiet, or... well... dont let the door hit yea on the way out :) 

(If you really wanna talk about what HE should be doing, it's normally for knocking armaments' off (no reactive armor in wot so), blowing tracks off, or screwing up a port or gun, but not damage)

Edited by Gravitymint, Feb 20 2021 - 12:47.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users