• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

redplayermagnet #81 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 13:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36886 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View Postbeetbear, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:02, said:

And please once you launch, make it so HE shells that do not penetrate count as blocks for missions. I'm playing in my Kranvagn trying to finish off the block mission for the 279e and I got hit 17 times in a game. 13 of those by HE. It's absurd. If it doesn't penetrate that's a block. plain and simple.

it use to be that way but the goal is for you to play more not complete missions 

Edited by redplayermagnet, Feb 20 2021 - 21:26.

DVK9 #82 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 16:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27187 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostTedsc, on Feb 19 2021 - 10:06, said:

Not sure they paid attention but people shot almost exclusively P2W rounds on test server.  In 15-20 battles I looked at what hit me during my battles and I don't know that I saw a single standard round let alone HE round.  I shot HE exclusively from the tanks I play HE with, and I aimed at HE vulnerable spots and the result was an experience that would most certainly scare me away from purchasing Russian heavies in the future if these changes go live!  If they do go live please give us a trade in option for our 122MM Russian heavy boat anchors (or get rid of +2 battles, that would fix them too).

I too played in SB and ran just HE for the first 10 battles spread out over the major national lines.

I recorded all the hits on me and on my targets.

First 10 : I was hit with everything BUT HE. I shot just HE and I found that they had indeed made it worthless to carry. (ok maybe 5 for arty)

My next 10 battles I went with only 5 HE and loaded for spamming.

Results were a repeat of the first 10. I received ZERO HE rounds.

What I noticed before I loaded out my first tank was WG had made getting prizes for being in the top 10. 

WG then made it a mission a day to collect their prizes to be used here on our NA servers afterwards.

Ok what part of all of that made sense to WG to get HE tested??

How can you have a good test of HE when you left all the other rounds in the game?

How do you get testing done when you basically say "go ahead and spam anything but HE we are good with it".

DVK9 #83 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 16:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27187 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostWaild, on Feb 19 2021 - 11:42, said:

Because the negative guys loves to scream in the forums, as they start their games saying "GG its a loss"

just look at this, 40+ people crying about how the (unnecessary) reward tanks will not be in the new steel hunter mode. WoT: The End for the Expedition Event - The Armored Patrol

And now, look at this, WG saying we will still have reward tanks and only 2 guys talked about that, and the rest (10) keep trying to find negative things about that note.Update 1.12: Common Test 2 Is Ready! + Patchnotes - The Armored Patrol ignoring all the good thing in the 1.12

What does your post have to do with HE shells and the Sand Box??

DVK9 #84 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 27187 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

What people here forget is that NA players do not count in the grand scheme of things.

The majority of the player base is in mother Russia and those people are the 70% who liked the changes.

They liked the changes because they did not use HE at all in the testing.

Again I will repeat. WG if you really wanted to test HE you would have removed all the rounds but the pure HE.

Then your top 10 awards would have been ok.

ShadowDancer27 #85 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 40142 battles

The mention of HE for wheeled tanks is ominous.  As a light tank driver I am tired of having wheelies soak my shots into their wheels for no damage while they are able to hit me back, tracking me while pulling 7G turns and flying all over the place.  So mention of wheelies is concern it will nerf their high pen HE I hate to guess what they will do to buff them back up.

Emsingame #86 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 16:50

Private

• Players
  • 2613 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Feb 20 2021 - 03:02, said:

I tried out the new HE shells in the sandbox and was very disappointed with the changes. HE shells that do not explode are just a different type of AP shell. I did get the survey, but a few pages in (after making very negative responses) the survey suddenly got stuck and a message said currently "unavailable". I was not allowed to continue the survey and when I tried to restart the survey later it said I had completed it already. Maybe many other people who had negative views experienced similar "technical difficulties" with their surveys as well? I have a very hard time believing the 70% figure is legitimate.

Same thing happened with me but refreshing the page seemed to move me on to the next question.

Lutz #87 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 19:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 66318 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 15:52, said:

"more than 70% of the reviews were positive".  OK,  so why were all the forums so negative on it.  

It's more likely it was 7 out of 10 workers at wargaming aka 70%... I'm only really seeing negative comments on forum so again someone at wg is pissed they are beat up by HE shells.

Lutz #88 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 20:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 66318 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 15:52, said:

"more than 70% of the reviews were positive".  OK,  so why were all the forums so negative on it.  

plus HE nerf kills the tier 5, 6 derp tanks and there are a few

Lord_Magus #89 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 22:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1624 battles
  • [88MPH] 88MPH

View PostODBALL_W00F_W00F, on Feb 19 2021 - 16:52, said:

Because WG had already decided they're going through with this change come hell or high water. It doesn't matter what the actual feedback was. And seeing as there were so few people even firing HE shells in the sandbox (most players just used it as an opportunity to play t10 tanks and spam gold rounds with no worries about the credit loss like there would be on the live servers) I have my doubts as to how much it was even a useful test.

I still don't think these changes are a good idea; they make HE behave in a completely illogical manner and are a solution in search of a problem.

n4cer67 #90 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 00:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20055 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostGravitymint, on Feb 20 2021 - 05:42, said:

What a terrible excuse to blame this on LT and HVY players, a lot of things needs to be reworked about ammo, and doing this HE is the first step... take a little advice from your quote below and learn to adapt to changes instead of crying on the forums because you dont like change, change is how we make things better, or worse in some cases, but sometimes things needs to get worse to get better, if you've lived a life you'd understand that part... so either go along with it, stay quiet, or... well... dont let the door hit yea on the way out :) 

(If you really wanna talk about what HE should be doing, it's normally for knocking armaments' off (no reactive armor in wot so), blowing tracks off, or screwing up a port or gun, but not damage)

Not an terrible excuse at all Genius. Also the quote I have is for people wanting tanks nerfed or removed. Maybe you need reading comprehension. Change is always not for the best and this would definitely be for the worse. I'm living life (not "lived" becuase I'm still alive) and know for a fact that many changes are called on by those that want to be pampered and have everything their way even if it means screwing over others which the HE nerf does. Nice try at trying to redefine HE now go look up what it actually was used for.

Edited by n4cer67, Feb 21 2021 - 00:29.

Gato_00 #91 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 01:35

Private

• Players
  • 15871 battles
  • [DEVBR] DEVBR

Didn’t even bother about the test.

Its cristal clear to me, that WG and its staff of developers will break the rules of physics just with before hand know consequences.

The update is just crappy and finally converts HE ammo into Heat ammo, a general nerf of a bunch of tanks. 

Last time they implemented changes, that soon after were corrected, I stopped playing for 2 years. Now I was recently coming back just to watch this new abomination.

Lucky for me, I’ve never paid again a year of subscription with you for this reasons. Crappy decisitions WG.  

Good bye to my beloved Fv 183.

Xapi #92 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 03:37

Private

• Players
  • 35872 battles
  • [ASTER] ASTER
I have no problem with these changes. I do not deserve to lose 400 while in a hull down tank because you guys are too lazy to aim. 

Jaspo #93 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 10:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36594 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View PostXapi, on Feb 20 2021 - 20:37, said:

I have no problem with these changes. I do not deserve to lose 400 while in a hull down tank because you guys are too lazy to aim. 

Or too impatient to flank or too uncreative to figure out something else to do (though to be fair, funnel maps combined with arty rain do make creativity considerably more difficult than it ought to be), or too pathetic to not troll as arty.

Someone noted earlier on this thread that if asked, the majority of the players would say they hate arty (and rightly so) but then went on to say that it is a necessary element of the gameplay. I wouldn't say that's totally incorrect. What I would say, though, is that its intended purpose doesn't match its actual effect (similar to the role of TDs in the game) and in addition to this its existence introduces a whole lot of unintended negative aspects to the gameplay experience which Minsk somehow still hasn't become aware of, 10 years in...the most striking of these being, that there is literally no difference from the perspective of a player on the receiving end, between being hit by arty and having an arbitrary line of code assigning a random amount of damage to them at random intervals...which at face value would be a ridiculous and unfair thing to add to a competitive tank game, and that's why it really messes with the sensibilities and emotions of a competitive player and causes so much hate and toxicity. It simply doesn't belong or make sense. The second biggest unintended consequence is the effective shrinking of useable map space and the resulting dumbing down of strategy...Wargaming doesn't realize somehow that players will be inclined to mitigate risk as much as possible, which means staying "arty safe" and necessarily going to those few spots on the map battle after battle, adding a huge amount of predictability and staleness and campiness to the battlefield, while taking away a lot of potential for alternate deployments and strategies.

martingalindo #94 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 14:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45034 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-
A lot of people does not like the change but does not have time to enter the sandbox and play it. So.... they does not voted

rebel_119 #95 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 16:10

Private

• Players
  • 9853 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI
Look, I'm only a fair player and I dont live on the game.  When I get in a 8 v 10 matchup, most of my shells wont penetrate and I need  to use HE to at least make the t10s hesitate.  Without these shells, I'm just wasting my time.  This is supposed  to be a game.  Im never going to invest the time in this game to memorize all the tiny weak spots on dozens of tanks and based on the xvm scores I see when I play, I'd say that many people struggle more than I do.  If you make the margins of error so small by removing the HEs one advantage, then I think more players will get frustrated and eventually lose interest.  The other thing I'd like to see is get rid of +2 Matchmaking.  I love playing in my KV1, but its nothing compared  to teir7s.  If you tell me, don't play that tank then, then what is the point of playing if I can only play the really expensive to play tanks. 

wwbiteme #96 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 16:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 41572 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-
I would like to see WG remove all HE tanks from the game and give me all my time and money back. They ruined the TYPE 5 and now they will ruin the KV2 and 4005. I bought the KV2 premium so I definitely want my money back on that one! Go Google what a tank looks like after getting hit by a 155mm (6 inch) HE round. The tank gets F**ked up massively....

Jaspo #97 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36594 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

I think I've noticed a trend in Wargaming's behavior. They'll announce an upcoming change for a certain reason, which is usually stated as "because the player base wants this change to happen" even though the player base has said nothing of the sort. In reality, they're making the change for an entirely different reason. My hypothesis is that this is the case with this change...it appears to me that they're attempting to simplify the HE calculations to a) have less impact on server performance and b) because, as they've previously grudgingly admitted, the current complexity of the calculations is apparently a bit too much for the server to handle and often results in a failure of the calculations to properly find the weak spots in the armor, resulting in false 0-damage hits. So they're attempting to fix a broken thing that they're unwilling to outright say is broken, but only by billing it as a benevolent move on their part in response to the desperate pleas of the player base. I could be completely wrong about this, but as I say, I believe I've seen them approach past issues in that way.

Badkarma #98 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postwwbiteme, on Feb 21 2021 - 16:21, said:

Go Google what a tank looks like after getting hit by a 155mm (6 inch) HE round. The tank gets F**ked up massively....

Unless it's an Ebolamobile and then it just gets a wobbly wheel.....

DVK9 #99 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 20:47

Captain

• Players
  • 27187 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostGato_00, on Feb 20 2021 - 18:35, said:

Good bye to my beloved Fv 183.

^^

My sentiment too. My DeathStar is losing its ummph with the HE nerf.

Also my SU 152 and up that line.

Used to be so fun watching the 152 hit and take soooo much HP.

DVK9 #100 Posted Feb 21 2021 - 20:55

Captain

• Players
  • 27187 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

What I read/looked at about the HE nerf it was supposed to do away with the HE hitting the turrent and then looking for the easy to pen armor.

Why didnt WG ID those tanks with that tin foil armor and add 2 or 3 or 10 mm more armor to those spots thus saving our darling tanks in hull down from getting pounded on by HE?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users