Crew 2.0... instructors and other comments

19 replies to this topic

Otto_Steiner #1 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 16:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 65869 battles
  • [RIPD] RIPD

The changes look interesting

We can see the influence of World of warship and I wouldn't mind simplifying the crew managing thing... and it will indeed solve the 2 vs 4 vs 5 then vs 6 crew and all the problem t created (not talking about having 1 radio becoming 1 loader, etc.).

The list of skills looks intersting and same goes for the special skills that can be unlocked once you put 30 points in a branch

-------

This said, before even testing, we can already point out a few major issues :

- 75 points ceiling per crew for 250 points skills available see pretty low... seems like there are too many slots for what we can fill with the available points

- instructor will be taken away from our main existing crew... so what will happen to a crew filled with only special crews (like a 4 female Snow Maidens crew) ? The all become instructors and we lose our crew for that vehicule ?

- instructor with a 6-7 skills will become no better than one with 1-3 skills ? How do we get our investment back on them ? lost books... lots free XP converted with gold (eg real money ???)... and I don't even ention the time spent to get those crews up to stellar level

- a 7 skills crew will add +1% to a vehicule performance compared to a 6 skills crew... which adds +4% vs a 5 skills crew...  that's a lot of diminishing returns considering what had to be invested in that crew to get 7 skills in the 1st place 

- no problem in having to reset our crews when converting to the new system... but asking us to pay gold during transition to keep them at their level when we already had them all ????  You should give us the same transition we had for equipement (with enough free demounting kit)... So 16 bunks 1 kit is not enough... feels cheap in fact... 'cause 4 buncks = 1 crew... so we should get 4 for 16 and not 1 for 16

All in all, the main issues here is the transition

Edited by Otto_Steiner, Feb 23 2021 - 16:26.

Cowcat137 #2 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 24363 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

reposting

This will benefit new and future players, I'm sure.  Now I may be confused, but it looks like they are not compensating us for all of our blood sweat and tears building up what we have now.  But let me be specific:

-I built several 5 skill crews around Battlle Pass and other event characters I grinded out- those crews are decapitated by conversion of the event commanders to instructors?   As I see it they will have no commanders and will only count as extra bodies in the barracks. This would leave me with very few commanders to rebuild on.

- I can retrain existing crews but there is a choice between paying gold or just loosing XP.  If true they should waive this gold fee for initial conversions by established players.

-Goodbye barracks , helloo Dormitories?  What's the point here?

- should I convert existing female crew memebers to commanders to avoid them getting Thanos snapped? 

-non commanders are essentially just hit boxes now?

On the plus side, all those people sick of hearing Chuck Norris quips can relax- he's basically a glorified directive now.

panther2016 #3 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 17:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 36046 battles
  • [GPGP] GPGP
NO NO NO !!!!~Please leave crews alone!!!!!!!!  Still working at fixing effects of NEW and IMPROVED (sic) equipment changes.  This might be enough to just make me quit the game, even though I have over 400 days of premium account already purchased.  LEAVE ALONE!  Take all crews out of premium vehicles and then we get to fix the damage!  Who gets to pay for the needed barracks slots?  I have 258 vehicles with separate crew for each, except for a few I have not put a crew in yet, after getting the vehicle in a Christmas box.  Don't even want to think how long it will take to fix the damage that would occur.  PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE!  Want to spend my time playing, not fixing the damage YOU would cause!  Have played almost 25K games in three years, would like to spend my time playing,  not trying to fix a new system.   The equipment changes were bad enough,  still have not got gun rammers and other equipment back into all the vehicles that lost them due to equipment changes,  some could not be replaced due to the great (not) new system.  Let me play!  If I want to do file work I will work on my taxes.  If you can't tell this really upsets me. 

tod914 #4 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 74326 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 23 2021 - 10:52, said:

reposting

This will benefit new and future players, I'm sure.  Now I may be confused, but it looks like they are not compensating us for all of our blood sweat and tears building up what we have now.  But let me be specific:

-I built several 5 skill crews around Battlle Pass and other event characters I grinded out- those crews are decapitated by conversion of the event commanders to instructors?   As I see it they will have no commanders and will only count as extra bodies in the barracks. This would leave me with very few commanders to rebuild on.

- I can retrain existing crews but there is a choice between paying gold or just loosing XP.  If true they should waive this gold fee for initial conversions by established players.

- should I convert existing female crew memebers to commanders to avoid them getting Thanos snapped? 

On the plus side, all those people sick of hearing Chuck Norris quips can relax- he's basically a glorified directive now.

I believe the Dormitories will be co-ed with a Hall monitor with such perks as bionic ear.

panther2016 #5 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 19:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 36046 battles
  • [GPGP] GPGP
went to sandbox, looked at the changes, will try to make it work to test, will get to play tomorrow,   but it is way more new changes, info, etc,  than I want to mess with!  worked for several years and months building all female crews, or special character crews, and this will poof! Now instructor,  this 60+  year old really does not appreciate change in all crews, training books/manuals/ and skills /perks.  plus it looks like a sneaky? way to nerf artillery since every crew commander now has 6th sense rather than being smart enough to add 6th sense if you want it.  If you don't have it, then you learn to keep moving,  if you sit still than you should be a target for arty.  Now everybody will get the warning and move, rather than having the sense to get the skill/perk or paying the piper when you don't. Voila! Artillery nerfed,  there are some of us who actually like to play arty  Another case of dumbing something down to fit all (sixth sense for all).  But at same time making something way more complicated.  Plus seems like at current time t6+.   Below that t5 on down gets hind teat. At least for testing.  Changing whole system to benefit those who use one crew for multiple vehicles.  Six crew vehicles?  Train the crew like we ALREADY CAN!  Big cluster!   Will post more after getting to play tomorrow.

panther2016 #6 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 19:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 36046 battles
  • [GPGP] GPGP

Tod914 has a point, we are not being compensated for the crews we have worked hard to build.  Same thing with the change of some vehicles to collectors status.  All of a sudden some vehicles that we were grinding through got taken out of tech tree and if you were spending xp to build, surprise new tech tree arrangement.  KV-13, Su 14-1, and Jagdpanther 2, come to mind.

BRDubbs #7 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 20:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 30538 battles
My comment about this will be similar to the equipment upgrade.  Why fix what was working just fine?  Yes, there may be issues with crews and training, but I don't see the proposed change helping anything.  Very convoluted.  Very confusing.  There will still be issues with the new changes.  As a computer programmer by trade, I always asked why do we want to change something that is working.  Change for the sake of change doesn't really fix anything.

Tea_Bag_ #8 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 42319 battles
  • [LO_SR] LO_SR

The Good...

The interface is simple and straight forward it shows promise and can really stream line the game. 

Easy to move crews from tank to tank

The Bad...

Not impressed with how my tanks handle and feel after the transition. I am not getting replaced the perks I lost

I don't like the fact that I PAID GOLD for my bunks and am not getting gold back.

I feel that we should be able to sell our garage slots too, but that's beside the point.

This is a money grab by wargaming at the expense of all the gold I have paid to upgrade my crews over the years. the compensation is not enough by any means. 

My 6 perk tanks translate poorly with this system. 

Sir_Legend #9 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 21:35

Private

• Players
  • 9200 battles
These changes make my tanks feel stronger. Coming from mostly 3 skill crews and lower, this is a really good change. The performance gap between new crews and maxed crews is much less, which is great for overall balance. Having to select specific skills instead of having everything is the best part because it requires careful consideration and ultimately leaving some skills untouched, which makes much more sense since most players don't reach those highly skilled crews (like me). I actually have no complaints which is odd considering this is wargaming XD.

Otto_Steiner #10 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 23:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 65869 battles
  • [RIPD] RIPD

View PostSir_Legend, on Feb 23 2021 - 15:35, said:

These changes make my tanks feel stronger. Coming from mostly 3 skill crews and lower, this is a really good change. The performance gap between new crews and maxed crews is much less, which is great for overall balance. Having to select specific skills instead of having everything is the best part because it requires careful consideration and ultimately leaving some skills untouched, which makes much more sense since most players don't reach those highly skilled crews (like me). I actually have no complaints which is odd considering this is wargaming XD.

I understand from your point of view this is interesting

I agree this can be better whit low level crews

BUt they could have done it without heavily penalising those who invested a lot in the game... like me over the course of 10 years

Colep715 #11 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 00:31

Private

• Players
  • 5326 battles

The complaints I have at the moment are:

-After all the effort I went through to get Chuck at Christmas, having him reduced down to a 2nd tier instructor feels kind of like I wasted a lot of hours to get him considering they gave me Santa for free for Christmas last year and he is a 2nd tier.

-Not being able to move your instructors around from tank to tank between battles freely, having a 7 day cool down on swaps or 200 gold is the most blatant cash grab rip off I have seen from wargaming in a while.

-More to come as I play.

Edited by Colep715, Feb 24 2021 - 00:46.

Marbay #12 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 29848 battles
  • [G-4-W] G-4-W

View PostOtto_Steiner, on Feb 23 2021 - 15:25, said:

- instructor will be taken away from our main existing crew... so what will happen to a crew filled with only special crews (like a 4 female Snow Maidens crew) ? The all become instructors and we lose our crew for that vehicule ?

- instructor with a 6-7 skills will become no better than one with 1-3 skills ? How do we get our investment back on them ? lost books... lots free XP converted with gold (eg real money ???)... and I don't even ention the time spent to get those crews up to stellar level

- a 7 skills crew will add +1% to a vehicule performance compared to a 6 skills crew... which adds +4% vs a 5 skills crew...  that's a lot of diminishing returns considering what had to be invested in that crew to get 7 skills in the 1st place 

First off, the whole crew revamp baffles me and makes things more confusing...so now we get one commander, but as soon as we are in game, there are multiple members?  IDK, seems like just adding new crew skills and giving all 6th sense would have been plenty interesting.

Instructors: Yeah, I don't follow how the new system fairly transitions special crew to instructors.  I have some tanks with full special crew, and while nice they are instructors for bonus tanks I am now getting tanks that had 4-5-6 skill special crews now without any commander.  So all those special crews I have are now just a single small bonus for random tanks?  Totally different application then originally provided.

Skill cap: I also see no real benefit to getting beyond 75 points...thought I read some sort of crew acceleration...huh?  Maybe I missed why it matters to accelerate it once they are maxed?

Why bother with premium tanks for trainers now...is that just totally gone?  Is it 1/4 of the XP?

Gosh, so happy they didn't try tackling something super complicated like gold spam...279e, etc....that would be totally more difficult than a full overhaul of equipment, HE ammo, and now crew no one asked for.

Marbay #13 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 29848 battles
  • [G-4-W] G-4-W

View PostColep715, on Feb 23 2021 - 23:31, said:

The complaints I have at the moment are:

-After all the effort I went through to get Chuck at Christmas, having him reduced down to a 2nd tier instructor feels kind of like I wasted a lot of hours to get him considering they gave me Santa for free for Christmas last year and he is a 2nd tier.

-Not being able to move your instructors around from tank to tank between battles freely, having a 7 day cool down on swaps or 200 gold is the most blatant cash grab rip off I have seen from wargaming in a while.

-More to come as I play.

I agree.  I have 28 special crew, several with the hard to get zero skill perks.  Now they are just a minor tweak to a random tank.  They should be main tank commanders WITH another unique bonus!  Rather WG went out of their way to make them LESS special and LESS valued.  Jerk move.

Marbay #14 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 29848 battles
  • [G-4-W] G-4-W

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 23 2021 - 15:52, said:

You may get Retraining Orders for free retraining...but the conversion is a paltry SIXTEEN bunks!  I had to replay that several times choking it down.  So we will have tanks with no commanders, a huge matrix of new skills that we need to figure out...and retraining is free for SIXTEEN bunks???

Dormitories...totally clueless, I have no idea why they did that.  I guess because they had plenty of idle people to brainstorm, do the graphics and program that one...

Herr_Apotheker #15 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 03:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18660 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

Got to admit that its sobering to contemplate "converting" my best 5 skill commander and skill crew to 30 points out of a max 75.

i.e  30 out of 75 is 40%....

After all 9 years grinding that's not easy to click YES to (even in the sandbox)

will poke around and try some more before further comment.

Apotheker

Jiri_Starrider #16 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 07:48

Major

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [TB] TB

View PostHerr_Apotheker, on Feb 23 2021 - 18:51, said:

Got to admit that its sobering to contemplate "converting" my best 5 skill commander and skill crew to 30 points out of a max 75.

i.e  30 out of 75 is 40%....

After all 9 years grinding that's not easy to click YES to (even in the sandbox)

will poke around and try some more before further comment.

Apotheker

You still had yours. Mine was in a premium when the snap happened and is in the barracks awaiting conversion. Can't recruit them back to the tank they are trained for. IMO, they need to address the loss of experience on higher skilled crewpeople who are now instructors, AND, not phantom zone crews that, while they may be sitting on a premium, are trained on a non premium. 

Jiri_Starrider #17 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 08:08

Major

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [TB] TB

View PostJiri_Starrider, on Feb 23 2021 - 22:48, said:

You still had yours. Mine was in a premium when the snap happened and is in the barracks awaiting conversion. Can't recruit them back to the tank they are trained for. IMO, they need to address the loss of experience on higher skilled crewpeople who are now instructors, AND, not phantom zone crews that, while they may be sitting on a premium, are trained on a non premium. 

Ok, played with it some more, my bad, missed that you mobilize a crew to a tank from the barracks, then convert. I thought it just turned them into a pile of exp and books. Ok. Still the issue with the experience missing from instructors who had leveled up from how one got them. 

eddie1kenobi #18 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 08:49

Private

• Players
  • 32695 battles

The only two reasons i can see for this is to try and force people that spend on the game to have to spend on crews again, or to force a mass exodus of people who have invested huge amounts of time or money in building crews. "Balance" in this game seems to mean P2W more with every update. In the year i played WOW i watched the player base drop 90 percent so i guess thats the plan for WOT too. 

Kane_Lani #19 Posted Aug 31 2022 - 02:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Will it really solve crew 2 vs 4 vs 5 then vs 6 and all the problems you moviedle and quordle create?

donna1205 #20 Posted Sep 09 2022 - 05:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thank you for sharing drift hunters io games. It's nice. I also enjoyed playing it. Everyone please try to play

Edited by donna1205, Sep 09 2022 - 05:40.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users