Incoming! Crew 2.0 details is live in the sandbox now.

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

ModMayer #221 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 01:03

Private

• Players
  • 26013 battles
  • [HDS__] HDS__

View PostWinterx, on Feb 26 2021 - 00:51, said:

Collector's Items:

I spent a long time collecting exclusive crew in events and over the campaigns; i.e. female and other rare crew members which are now going to disappear entirely for some hollow compensation points. Then there are the WWI chaps I expensively retrained to crew my Matilda. Had I ever known you'd come to melt them into a single commander, I would never have made them crew but  anything but commanders, Seriously painful move.

You should really consider allowing everyone to have our crews get FREE QUALIFICATION CHANGES before anything!

- btw. what happens to the female crew we get as Campaign rewards? I guess those are going to get axed as well?

So, I guess that is gonna be that? What a waste of time, effort and gold. Paka PakaWell, I guess it is Paka, paka! then...

I agree with you, this is one of the things that I don't want to switch to crew 2.0, just lose all the crew customizations to do just one.

AhijahElGaboor #222 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 01:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 105936 battles
  • [-LIDS] -LIDS

Today my complaint is the Sandbox. I finished Challenge # 1 yesterday. Today , I tried to get Challenge # 2. Played 21 battles and 19 were top 10 XP. They only registered in Back in Action. None were recorded in Challenge # 2. Then I went to check the regulations for the game. It claims I could do each of the 3 Challenges daily for a total of 3 times each. My results weren't recorded in Challenge # 1 for the 2nd day either.   Are you guys screwing things up ?  Even if I was going to try to finish Sandbox testing completely, I think you might want to fix it before you release it upon us

OK, Complaint # 2. Taking all my skills from each tank ( 367 tanks ) and telling me to reassign skills to each one is robbery. The time involved for each of them is anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes each. That sounds like an average of 15 minutes per tank and about 92 hours of adjustments ( about 2 weeks full time + over-time ). Maybe this is what you want, It isn't what I appreciate. It is a penalty for 103,000 battles I've spent on WOT.

Conclusion : Don't impose upon us Crew 2.0. It is a slap in the face to every tank commander that has signed on to WOT. Five + years on WOT and now you want me to start over again. Maybe quiting will be my best recourse. If you don't impose Crew 2.0 upon us, I'll stick around.

P.S. I can't recall ever WOT backing down to customer complaints and or strong suggestions.

I will wait for the results.

Over the years I heard guys suggest " Uninstall " ( mostly when I had less than 15,000 battles ). Now it looks like it might be something I might try.

Really disappointed in Canada

AhijahElGaboor

KiltedAmerican #223 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 01:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Just based on all the ScrewU 2.0 reading I've done in the last day or two, even the fairly objective breakdowns, I'm now so depressed that I just don't have the gumption to log-in anymore ...

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Feb 26 2021 - 03:29.

BREWUUP #224 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 01:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 86270 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

Ok

I played 1 game.  I converted my crew 30b to get the commanders skills up 32 pints.  However no buttons worked to get the trainers in or convert the extra xp/ or training manuals.  So a lot of unused skills there.

This is going to be really good if it gets to work.  I can train my very well trained tier 10 Russian heavy crew, pay to cross train them in a med and a TD so they can be used in those 3 tanks and subsequently in all the premium tanks as well.  I can have commander for 23 different tanks my XP is going to sky rocket.  ??  

If I select 4 trainers along with that commander will they also transfer their skills in all the various tanks he will use ???

Bavor #225 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 02:05

Major

• Players
  • 38443 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

To add to my previous comments, I have several crews that are zero skill BIA crews.  WHen I convert them on sandbox, I get less skill points than a regular crew.  I'm being punished for converting my zero skill BIA crews, many of which I paid for because they came in bundles with tanks that I paid real money for.

The zero skill BIA crews should get 10 points of the new equivalent skill(coherence?) for free in addition to the equivalent skill point they would have if converted to the new "crew."

Getting instructors for those crew members isn't the same thing.

I also still feel that I have less useful skills per tank with the new crew 2.0 system in the tanks that currently have 5 or 6+ skills int he current system.  I've tried various combinations and things sucha s camo values and DPM are often lower with the new system when I pick the similar skills in the new system.  This is because I'm limited on skill points.   With the current system there is no limit to the number of crew skills.

Mac_1952 #226 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 02:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 61594 battles
  • [DADS] DADS

<<I also still feel that I have less useful skills per tank with the new crew 2.0 system in the tanks that currently have 5 or 6+ skills int he current system.  I've tried various combinations and things sucha s camo values and DPM are often lower with the new system when I pick the similar skills in the new system.  This is because I'm limited on skill points.   With the current system there is no limit to the number of crew skills.>>

That is what I am seeing as well. In the end, I believe crews will still be 'cookie cutters' with players basically setting up crews the exact same way for a given tank type.

A big concern is that unless a player devotes a lot of time to the Sandbox to find out what works.. players are going to spend a lot re-doing their crews several times when this goes live.

Perhaps that is one of Wargaming's objectives, to improve their revenue stream.

Constructive suggestion:

Introduce mechanics that allow the Instructors to increase in levels.

t3ngu #227 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 02:43

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 43413 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

Crews not broken, why change them. The current system is not hard to understand. Why should I now have to learn the new "gooda bestest" sytem.

Feedback from the testers to date is fairly consistent, and its overwhelmingly bad except "Free 6th".

MM often broken, lopsided teams worse than ever. Not fixed.

Edited by t3ngu, Feb 26 2021 - 02:54.

Bavor #228 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 38443 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postt3ngu, on Feb 25 2021 - 20:43, said:

Crews not broken, why change them. The current system is not hard to understand. Why should I now have to learn the new "gooda bestest" sytem.

Feedback from the testers to date is fairly consistent, and its overwhelmingly bad except "Free 6th".

MM often broken, lopsided teams worse than ever. Not fixed.

If Wargaming was smart about this, they would keep the current crew skill system, give everyone free 6th sense, and introduce a few new useful crew skills.

ShookYang #229 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 03:08

Captain

• Players
  • 12324 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostWinterx, on Feb 25 2021 - 15:51, said:

- btw. what happens to the female crew we get as Campaign rewards? I guess those are going to get axed as well?

So, I guess that is gonna be that? What a waste of time, effort and gold. Paka PakaWell, I guess it is Paka, paka! then...

They get converted into trainers.

However, you have the option to customize the appearance of any commander, including changing their gender for free.

Special commanders with voice overs (Chuck Norris, Offspring) are slotted in the Instructors slot and have a separate Personal File.  If you click on that, you can enable their voice over to override the default voice.

ShookYang #230 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 03:11

Captain

• Players
  • 12324 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostBavor, on Feb 25 2021 - 18:03, said:

If Wargaming was smart about this, they would keep the current crew skill system, give everyone free 6th sense, and introduce a few new useful crew skills.

This is mostly what I plan to say once we can submit feedback.

One other point I plan to add is that, in a 4 crew tank, I can be training 4 different skills at the same time.  Even if I'm only making progress at 1/4 the speed in Crew 2.0, I'm still working on 4 different skills simultaneously, whereas the new system will only allow you to work on 1 skill at a time.  The only way this could be remotely equitable is to give you 4 skill points per level.

Prezes #231 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 03:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 119373 battles
  • [H_PL] H_PL

View PostBavor, on Feb 26 2021 - 02:03, said:

keeping present crew system is the best resolve, it works very well, I don't know anyone to complain about it!!!

CZARBUCKZ #232 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 04:20

Private

• Players
  • 33878 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

ok, had my previous questioned answered when I fooled around in the sandbox, not happy at all, wasted several hours trying to get a couple of crews set up in their tanks... there is no way to keep the current capability of my tanks/crews... this is a huge nerf to all of our tanks. Did figure out how to get my Manticore to have a friggin' Klingon crew though... yeah, it's got a cloaking field now, everyone can suck it! what this setup does allow you to do is focus several bonus point into a very few skills that will really break the game more than ever. Arty becomes really sick with short load times and focused fire and light tanks become fast and invisible. If you are willing to sacrifice every other aspect of the tank you can really focus the troll.

I have never been ammo racked so many times in my life than I was on this friggin' sandbox today. Everyone in a medium tank is screwed, those TD's are blowing turrets off like I've never seen ... plus 180 ping kinda sucks.

But yeah, I tried to find the silver lining... it's not there, this is a big F U to all of us that have put any time into this game, they do it and I'm done :(

kenjis0308 #233 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 05:12

Private

• Players
  • 65 battles

The current Crew Systems are working well as far as I believe and most of players. 

When it comes to recruiting new players to this game in future, the new system seems too complicated for the new players

that add more complexity to the current game systems not limited to the Crew System who are new to this game.

I like the new cosmetic changes that adds more entertainment aspects compare to the current system that seems aged I admit

but skills and parks are far more simplified and far more approachable. 

The new system adds more mazes to the new players even years of playing WOT players who are struggling to figure out how the XXXX system works.

Please keep the system simple and make system more approachable so that we can welcome new players to this game.    

Groza_Tanke #234 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 05:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 73340 battles
  • [TRAP] TRAP

Block Quote

Wargaming was smart about this, they would keep the current crew skill system, give everyone free 6th sense, and introduce a few new useful crew skills.

I give thumbs up to Bavor for this quote.  Remove or improve the current crew skills and add a couple of new ones for people to grind for, but leave the current system alone.  Sixth sense for all crew commanders is fine it will help new players.  Do not shove another worthless major change down our throats.

XtRa_x #235 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 07:30

Private

• Players
  • 10172 battles
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
Why is this so hard to comprehend to you guys.  Leave the crews alone, make 6th sense a given perk to every commander, fix the matchmaking to only go +1 (no reason a tier 8 should be playing with tier 10), and only allow 2 arty per team.

Jaspo #236 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 08:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36615 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View PostXtRa_x, on Feb 26 2021 - 00:30, said:

Why is this so hard to comprehend to you guys.  Leave the crews alone, make 6th sense a given perk to every commander, fix the matchmaking to only go +1 (no reason a tier 8 should be playing with tier 10), and only allow 2 arty per team.

I think this can be safely stated to be the standard middle ground proposal put forth by pretty much every player who's analytical enough to not just accept whatever WG hands them. In other words, this is an often echoed and very valid basic recommendation on how to easily improve the game without making any major changes to it.

Personally, I would like to see some changes beyond this that I believe would improve the game experience even more, but those could be argued to simply be personal preference and not necessarily better for everyone...though the sandbox could certainly be used to find out well enough...

Meanwhile,

Just Say No to Crew 2.0

Edited by Jaspo, Feb 26 2021 - 08:37.

ACCXcon #237 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43770 battles

What do you think of stocking up on 75% crews for the free converting to training books?

Murt762 #238 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 16:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 32229 battles
  • [HVM] HVM
Quick Question?   What will happen to Crew Skins?   Will they just go away?   I mean they are all but worthless now.    Maybe all those Crew Skins I've earned will also be converted to training booklets????   Then, they would at least have some value finally

Florida_Man_ #239 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 16:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 9650 battles
  • [SOFW] SOFW
If it requires a PhD to understand, you know you fudged up.

PapaBear_3110 #240 Posted Feb 26 2021 - 16:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 37881 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD

View PostCZARBUCKZ, on Feb 25 2021 - 22:20, said:

But yeah, I tried to find the silver lining... it's not there, this is a big F U to all of us that have put any time into this game, they do it and I'm done :(

Just in case WG can't figure this out for themselves ......  the answer to SCREWU 2.0 is NO.

(In which case you just know that WG will go ahead with this .... regardless of what players think. They always do because they don't give a steaming cow patty of what players think.)

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users