Incoming! Crew 2.0 details is live in the sandbox now.

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

MetalMatrix #301 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45260 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Okay so I found a big negative and proves the fact WG only want more $$$$ in their Coffers and making the friggen grind even worse, So now to even to get the equivalent of the old crew skills bonuses is to have all 4 trainers in that tank. Which in itself is not the big deal it the fact every fracen tank needs these 4 trainers which again would not be an issue until you figure out that it will cost you $ or credits to remove them otherwise they have a 7 FEN DAY COOL DOWN TO REMOUNT. What is worse is the trainers are not universal and are Nation specific along with skill specific. So that means now you will need a quite a few trainers to have your tanks equivalent %skilled to the old system.

Now yes you can now train for 3 tanks but again in the great idea of WG it will cost you and it is not cheep but that is if the crew skill that you already have is what you want for those tanks. So Unlike the words of WG we figgers it time to update the Crew Skills because the fan base wanted it. LOL right it was more "Hay we need more money in our coffers as the fan base is getting smaller how can we do this?" Response: "Oh I have it lets change the Crew skills make it more complex and charge for all the changes that will be needed." "It worked for equipment changes so they will not mind this change either". 

With this and the fracen equipment changes it now cost so much credits this now makes it extremely hard for a New Player to advance without it being such a grind they will just give up. 

The icing on the cake on this crap change is some of those skill in the sets are completely useless for some a class of tank but you need the few that are in the set to make your tank effective. Example: T95 you need Off-road Driving, Clutch Breaking, but the rest of the skills of Need For Speed, Pedal to the medal and Smooth ride are almost useless for this tank. So you end up having to take 2 skills in a set which is 20 points of your 75 gone already. Anyways that is my two cents of this change. 

Mac_1952 #302 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 61594 battles
  • [DADS] DADS

<<So now to even to get the equivalent of the old crew skills bonuses is to have all 4 trainers in that tank.>>

Even with 4 of the higher skill trainers.. I can not come up with the equivalent of the original crew on my 6 skills @ 100% with the 7th skill @ 59% or whatever the 7th is now at.

If I want to blow a bunch of gold.. I can improve the Commander, but I am reluctant to touch my gold reserves.

If the sandbox server is an example, there will be a lot of people simply spend the money to max out their crews.. creating a greater gap between the free to play or those who just invest in premium only.

jimbalaya17 #303 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 21421 battles
  • [__G__] __G__

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 23 2021 - 17:55, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

The test runs from now until 28Feb21

To join the test click HEREto download the client.

Install the Sandbox client by launching the downloaded file. If you're running the Game Center for the first time, you'll have to authorize and restart the downloaded installation file.
Wait until the Sandbox client is downloaded and installed.
Open the World of Tanks tab, select World of Tanks Sandbox, and click Play.

THIS IS JUST A TEST

No need to go Bananas nothing is final so please be sure to leave your feedback/ bugs on the proper thread.

More information on other goodies and stuff you can get for helping out can be found in this Article.

If you leave feedback (good or bad) you will get entered to win one of Ten Ratpack 2D styles head to this forum and leave your constructive criticism there.

I won't go "Bananas".  I'll just quit the game and find something else to do with my time.

redbluegreen #304 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:18

Private

• Players
  • 15173 battles
     The Crew2.0 video explanation was incomprehensible.  The game is plenty challenging without messing with my crews.  WG, balance the number of highly successful (meaning 50% win rate or better) players on opposing teams, one-sided blowouts ruin the game.  LEAVE THE CREWS ALONE.

Blackgaver #305 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 05:10

Private

• Players
  • 28501 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
I hope this never sees light of day.. there's no need for crew 2.0 PERIOD.

Edited by Blackgaver, Mar 01 2021 - 05:10.

black_wrangler #306 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 05:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 12079 battles
I say NO to crew 2.0!! The crew system was fine for the first 10 years, there is no reason to change it!! This game is suppose to be fun, where is the fun spending hours rebuilding crews that are perfectly fine. There is NOTHING to gain by it....instead, maybe spend your time rebalancing all the old premium tanks no one plays or buys due to power creep....fix the maps!! fix plus 2, minus 2 matchmaking NO ONE likes!!  You know that closet everyone has as home where all their old board games are collecting dust, well that is where my world of tanks account is going to go....a virtual closet to collect dust if this stupid crew system is crammed down our  throats!! 

Ahwatukee_Sundevil #307 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 06:13

Private

• Players
  • 6398 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Played this game for 3+ years and this might push me away and it very well might push a lot of players away for good. A lot of time and money spent and WOT is going to strip it away

Good luck

playerx_1 #308 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 07:19

Private

• Players
  • 992 battles
  • [FTPFC] FTPFC

I like the change. It makes me realize exactly HOW poorly trained my current crews are! Lol!!

Dragonslayer61 #309 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 15:59

Private

• Players
  • 50070 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

Ok, so I am new to the forum response process, so please excuse me if something looks a bit basic.

Anyway, I was able to take advantage of the Sandbox games for 4 days, and really enjoyed the game play. Much different than a few years ago which was horrible. This time around, the game play was really quite good. The Crew 2.0 process IS a major change.

I have over 150 tanks in my stable, and quite honestly I dread the chore of having to change and update each and every one of those crews.

During the sandbox, I selected 1 of each class, of which consisted of 1 tier 6, 1 tier 9, and 4 tier 10 vehicles. I wanted to see how the various crews were effected by the changes, and get a feel for what was offered, and give a fair assessment of what I saw.

My first concern came from the options available to artillery. WoT has bashed arty so bad that it is not near as fun to play anymore. And Crew 2.0 does not help. The options for arty players crews is not great. Being the grandson of an artillery commander in WW2 I am really disappointed. However, I made due and gave it a genuine effort. It appears that the curve on training, just like in the current live game version does not seem to matter. My commander was leveled up to 75, and qualified to level 2 (sorry, I did not quite make it to level 1), and thanks to RNG I still had some absolutely terrible games consisting of hitting outside the aiming circle on numerous occasions. 

On playing the light, medium, and heavy classes, I had a really good time. They all seem to be well accounted for as far as the options, and I like how, when selecting the options, there is a checkbox to click on to give the player highlighted "best" options for that vehicle. Players just need to know that they need to get instructors and train them on those best options to benefit from the bonus they apply.

This is going to take players some time. It is going to be tedious as heck. And it will likely cause some players to give up and quit the game all together. 

The tank destroyer group was a whole other issue. Games went from fantastic to terrible. RNG again. I looked and looked through the crew options to see how I could improve this and could not find any that described an improvement worthy.

Overall, there is a lot to be said for only having to train the commander. You have not simplified things by adding instructors, just simplified the assignment, added bonuses on only 1 item, and still have up to 5 characters to train (commander and 4 instructors). The game play in the sandbox was fun, I had a good time even with the frustrations and the roller coaster RNG ride, and really liked the teamwork of the players in the sandbox this time around. Great job and kudos to all that participated.

Final note here. I hope like heck that WoT can find some way to compensate players adequately for what they have, as, in sandbox we were given currency (gold, coins, XP) to work with, and the conversion of the crew did not seem to do enough. Had to dish out most of everything provided to get 6 vehicles up to a respectable level to test adequately. That being said, WoT and Wargaming, thank you for the opportunity. This was a great learning session and I hope that this feedback will help. 

Ziggen #310 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 16:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54083 battles
  • [BRIKS] BRIKS
All I will say is that if my tanks with 4-6 skilled crew is screwed with, I am out of here. No more Wot. Why try to fix something that is not broken/ WTH guys? Does that make sense? I saw your FB live presentation. Tragic loss tried to describe it by reading a nine point lesson plan, vebatim. That was a disaster. I believe you guys have really screwed the pouche. Gonna lose alot of long time players. Oh well. 

Gen_Grant #311 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 19:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 50087 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

I am very happy to see that so many other WoT players have taken the time to fill in the survey and posted on the Forum and even worked on posting comments in the Many Twitch Streams over the last week. I am sad that WG has said that they will be reading many of these and passing on the info up the chain of command. Thank you to the WG staff that took the time to contact me back with constructive comments in regards to this upcoming change of Crew 2.0 I hope with all my friends in this game that WG Ideas of the Needed Changes will not cause the failure of this game that has been a feature in my Post work unwind time. As written above I fear the countless Mouse Clicking Hours needed to sort out all the Crap that will be needed to set up the Crews and that some of the known loopholes to making all the tanks act the same will be updated. IE a Super Bat Chatt. I set up an ERB with all Speed and Fire and it is even more stupid that before, the Sandbox Players in the two games will be posting about that for sure. 

In closing WG I hope the head people see this move for what it might just be, the nail in the coffin for WoTs as we know it. P.S. you have not learned one thing from the fail of WoWP's eh? 

icbrainy #312 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 20:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11277 battles

View PostGen_Grant, on Mar 01 2021 - 18:17, said:

I am very happy to see that so many other WoT players have taken the time to fill in the survey and posted on the Forum and even worked on posting comments in the Many Twitch Streams over the last week. I am sad that WG has said that they will be reading many of these and passing on the info up the chain of command. Thank you to the WG staff that took the time to contact me back with constructive comments in regards to this upcoming change of Crew 2.0 I hope with all my friends in this game that WG Ideas of the Needed Changes will not cause the failure of this game that has been a feature in my Post work unwind time. As written above I fear the countless Mouse Clicking Hours needed to sort out all the Crap that will be needed to set up the Crews and that some of the known loopholes to making all the tanks act the same will be updated. IE a Super Bat Chatt. I set up an ERB with all Speed and Fire and it is even more stupid that before, the Sandbox Players in the two games will be posting about that for sure. 

In closing WG I hope the head people see this move for what it might just be, the nail in the coffin for WoTs as we know it. P.S. you have not learned one thing from the fail of WoWP's eh? 

Screenshot? If not, it hasn't happened.

jeriscalverley2 #313 Posted Mar 02 2021 - 20:59

Private

• Players
  • 1131 battles
  • [AUT5M] AUT5M

This is an absolutely terrible change. I myself am a new player and I find this to be entirely prohibitive in progressing in the game without investing serious amounts of money. This is attune to robbery to the existing players who have paid slot of money for the crews they have and not to mention the time they have invested into skills. A great reference is 

https://youtu.be/nS3Fp6H9DeM

He does a great job explaining the good and the bad. In my opinion you guys need to take a step back, sit down, and really think about whether you have the player base in mind or if your resorting to purely for profit changes. This change alone is enough for me to delete the game entirely. 

KiltedAmerican #314 Posted Mar 02 2021 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostZiggen, on Mar 01 2021 - 10:33, said:

All I will say is that if my tanks with 4-6 skilled crew is screwed with, I am out of here. No more Wot. 

I'm pretty damn close to that.

My sig says it all ...

11th, Fulda, 1985

tantanoid #315 Posted Mar 02 2021 - 21:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 24689 battles
  • [U_F_O] U_F_O
I generally like the direction this is going. In addition to the improvements mentioned in the thread I'd also want to have the option of converting any old crew into training manuals.

KiltedAmerican #316 Posted Mar 02 2021 - 23:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posttantanoid, on Mar 02 2021 - 15:30, said:

I generally like the direction this is going. In addition to the improvements mentioned in the thread I'd also want to have the option of converting any old crew into training manuals.

Ever get real dirt under your nails ?

Just curious ....

psmurf46 #317 Posted Mar 03 2021 - 15:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 121021 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

From everything I've seen on youtube, if they go thru with this patch it will absolutely kill this game.  I really don't understand WG need to "fix" things that are not broken in the game.  Bottom line this is another ill thought out revision.

If they want to flatten the skill curve, then fine just flatten it.  If they want to add new skills, fine add them.  All this other crap where high crew skills allow a tier 10 wheelie to have 500m view range and 60% camo is ridiculous. Watch quickybaby's videos on this, watching an obj 268-4 doing 3000+ damage by ramming makes me want to vomit.

BINGOBANGLEDANGLE #318 Posted Mar 04 2021 - 05:56

Captain

• Players
  • 33371 battles
I haven't seen something this universally unpopular since CW 2.0. The losses from that release were never really recovered... In population or in fun. CW 1.0 was vastly superior. I miss those days.. I dropped out of CW for 5yrs over that.. This will be another tough pill to swallow for us long time players that have invested so much over the years. I suppose 10yrs was a pretty good run..  

Gryphon_ #319 Posted Mar 04 2021 - 20:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 40698 battles

I watched Kellermans video: https://youtu.be/lKP97bgBr-w

I share his view; its too complex. I have only about 40 tanks in my garage and I cant imagine how much time it would take to convert all the crews. Other players have hundreds.... what a disaster this would be.

Why do they waste time doing stuff we dont want? What we DO want is: new maps, real nerf to wheelies, etc,....

US5910 #320 Posted Mar 05 2021 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 16773 battles
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_

QuickyBaby has posted two great videos on the topic (some mentioned/referenced elsewhere in this thread):

IMO two of the big downsides he highlights are

• Players with a huge time and/or money investment can get uncompetitively large advantages
  • Free-to-play players will take huge XP/credit hits to make changes/train for new vehicles

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users