Incoming! Crew 2.0 details is live in the sandbox now.

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

jester116th #41 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36841 battles
  • [GGIFT] GGIFT

View PostMetuas, on Feb 23 2021 - 17:19, said:

Why don't you focus on fixing the ridiculous, screwed up match making instead of screwing people who've been playing the game for 5+ years?

You idiots are screwing over your base...

Well they're russian, what do you expect?

NTaker #42 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24777 battles

So I had an arty crew that had nearly all snow maidens and Chuck Norris as the crew with 4 skills. I went and tried the conversion and it gave me only 31 points as all of them are considered "trainers" now and it shunted me to a single "normie" crew member. wth?

It is going to go the same route on my S-Tank and a heck of alot more for using these "special crew members". I have been with this damned game since closed beta and this is what you get rewarded with just so you can get new players in? Are $%^ing high?

Congrats..if you go through with this BS...you just killed your player base all in the false hope of getting in some new wallets...erm...I mean players.

allenr #43 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 18777 battles

my feedback is " I will not play "

in fact i haven't played since early Dec.

you guys pissed me off with the tech tree dumb down,

then the equipment 2.0 was rammed in, i still haven't finished doing all my tanks, 

and now this crew 2.0, no thanks, i've had enough, 

i have 2 hours a day to play a game, i don't want to log into wot and manage stuff anymore, 

i have many other gaming options available and i choose those over this.

LittleJimmyJingles #44 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13465 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF

It seems that the crew books earned in the sandbox are for only the sandbox. The first ten I earned were not listed in my depot in non-sandbox version. Is this the case? Thank you for any help you can provide.

SiberianKhatru #45 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 02:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40130 battles
  • [-HELL] -HELL
Does it many any sense at all to continue spending gold converting free experience to combat experience?

bravo9er #46 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 03:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30990 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
It's overly complex.  Way... Way... too complex.  It's taken a simple easy to understand system and made it difficult and hard to understand.  Wargaming is crazy if they think this makes crew easy to understand for beginners.

Colonel_Coyote #47 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 03:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 17636 battles
  • [WC-SA] WC-SA

Spent much of the day playing the Sandbox for the crew.  WoT  ARE YOU CRAZY????!!!!!  Terrible idea.  Hate it.   The few good points are:  1  Every tank crew should always started with a fully trained crew.   2, Sixth Sense- ok that is nice    3. Being able to use a grind crew in multiple grind tanks is nice.  

But the rest of it is terrible.  WAY TOO COMPLICATED!!!!   I am here to relax not get a Phd in World of Tankology.   All new names for the skills?  Really?  That is like having sixth sense in WoT and a directive for the same skill with a different name.  Call it by the current name,  Better yet, don't change anything.  You want to change something make it so when I go from one USA Medium tank to the next mole up the line my crew takes a small course on the new tank (just like in life) and retains teh ability to be fully qualified in the former lower tier tank (like in real life).  

There are also many skills that do not need to be at all.

I left WoS for similar reasons.    I f you adopt this I will take a serious look at other platforms.  This is a very bad idea

Edited by Colonel_Coyote, Feb 24 2021 - 03:57.

Panzer__Monkey #48 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 03:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15288 battles
  • [FRS] FRS
One thing they never address is a crew that is all “special” currently. For example, I have a tier ten with a full Snow Maiden crew. They will become trainers, so does this mean I completely lose my entire crew? Or do I get a substitute crew with their full XP that has been grinded out, and crew booked and free XP’d ..... and...... I get 4 snow maiden instructors?

SiberianKhatru #49 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 04:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40130 battles
  • [-HELL] -HELL
From everything I can tell; my investment in time and gold will be halved, and it will cost me gold two new ways to recover the other half.

Pony_Plop #50 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 04:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 15516 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

The current iteration of crew 2.0 sucks-

1. If you're a veteran with 7+ skill crews, you might feel cheated- but at least you can remain competitive.
  2. If you're a new player, get ready to get stomped down even harder by people with highly trained crews.
  3. If you're an average player, get ready to grind your [edited]off or pay up in order to compete with others on a more level playing field.
  4. Clanwars and competitive clans in general would be even more of a clusterf* to deal with.

Bavor #51 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 38443 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

A few observations:

• Crew 2.0 seems overly complicated.  You are going to make new players very confused.
  • Crew 2.0 seems to actually give me worse overall performance(mobility, gun handling, view range, reload, etc...) in my tanks that currently have 5+ crew skills because of the 75 point skill cap.  I am limited to fewer crew skills for the crew now.
  • Crew 2.0 means my time grinding out crews for clan wars tanks is wasted because they will be capped at a lower performance level
  • Crew 2.0 means my 5, 6, and 7 skill crews have their crew XP wasted because I can't use all of it due to the low crew points skill cap.
  • Crew 2.0 means I need to have multiple crews for the same clans wars tanks to cover different situations instead of one crew for the tank.
  • Crew 2.0 means my tank crew has fewer skills.

Instead of messing up the current system by limiting crew skills, and hurting players who took time to grind out crews with 5+ skills, why not just give everyone 6th sense and introduce a few new useful crew skills from Crew 2.0?

EDIT:

Also, why do the instructor skill have to be randomized?  If I am building a crew for a specific role, why do I have to select multiple instructors until I get one with the skill I need?

Edited by Bavor, Feb 24 2021 - 07:22.

dieMaschine #52 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 05:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 14010 battles
  • [KLATU] KLATU

Yet another reason to quit investing in a game that thinks lame modifications will attract new players, or bring old ones back... I know I'm personally excited about game changes some old fart in Belarus thinks will bring back some bank. I'll note similar crew "changes" took place to World of Warships, one of several reasons you'll encounter so many bots on the open seas. We saw bots in World of Warplanes first, and it died. We saw bots in World of Warships next, and it's dying. We see bots in World of Tanks on the SA server currently and probably they'll spread soon enough to NA (you can guess).

Change the crew skills - meh. Eliminate Enemy chat - meh. Enforce draconian snowflake rules on regular chat - meh. Provide a poor value for time/cost - meh. Allow scrubs to muck up randoms 24/7 - meh. WoT today = meh, obviously. Hope you folks got degrees outside of Diversity Studies, b/c you're gonna need different work soon enough. Time to get the cluck outta Dodge.

Epik Fail.

tod914 #53 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 05:30

Major

• Players
  • 70925 battles

View PostSiberianKhatru, on Feb 23 2021 - 20:43, said:

Does it many any sense at all to continue spending gold converting free experience to combat experience?

No.  Your crew xp will be divided by the number of crew members.  So, if you have 5 crew members, your only getting a fifth of what you ground out. aka you won't have enough for your new commander to match your previous skills/perks.

Blackhorse_58 #54 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 05:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 22805 battles
WG is...as WG does, I bet they would burn boiling water, leave the crews alone, point blank after watching raging raptors' youtube and the one here, nothing but screwing up our hard work, new and older players alike.

Edited by Blackhorse_12B, Feb 24 2021 - 06:03.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #55 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 05:53

Captain

• Players
  • 40324 battles
  • [ROLED] ROLED

Are you fricken kidding me???? I have spent 1/2 hr chosing instructor skills and the countries they will be in. Then after i noticed my pantera crew was full of these intructors. So if i convert them to an experienced crew, do i lose them as instructors?????? 

This seems way to comlicated right now. I guess it would not be complicated after but I have at least 50 crews, how many days will it take me to choose my crews. Le SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dieMaschine #56 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 05:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 14010 battles
  • [KLATU] KLATU

"Special XP Conversion rates & Discounts!" - meh

Translation from Belarusian (an East Slavic language spoken by the Belarusians (/ b ɛ l ə ˈ r uː s i ə n,-ʒ ə n,-ʃ ə n /; беларуская мова biełaruskaja mova [bʲelaˈruskaja ˈmova]) is; "Bend over & Grab your Crew's Ankles!"

IrishMadman #57 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 06:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 53380 battles
  • [DADS] DADS
The new crew mechanics SUCK!!!!!! I have a lot of time and cash invested in this game, now they want to take away more of the realism. Great. If this takes place, I'll be looking for a new game I think!!!

mechanizedmarauder #58 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 06:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36538 battles

utterly depressing 

a previous poster noted crews are personal, developed over time.

earned crews, purchased crews, holiday and female crews all assigned and trained certain ways and a part of the immersion that makes for good involved gaming.

for example my matilda crew has sherlock holmes commanding, john watson gunning, basil rathbone driving and nigel bruce ramming.   jimmy page, oswald osborne and friends are jamming together in another tank.

and i like it. it adds to the garage.

besides the fantasy immersion side theres an enormous amount of personal time invested in building these crew skills up. its been a labor outside the tech tree climb itself, and involves the will and determination of an individual to spend the Time to gain an edge in battle that shouldnt be erased or negated.

theres also the serious issue of purchased bia crew that also was done in the good faith that the related boosts would remain after purchase. in my case i have bought a good many of these crews, and used crew books etc to bring them up to the level of the previous non bia crew i was replacing in my tier 9-10 tanks, and then payed gold to install them, thus paying twice in total to train crew for each tank, plus the crew cost itself,  and now your suggesting a complete overhaul erasing all that investment and grind?  highly doubledealing maneuver gentleman.    enough to permanently holster my wallet, and no doubt.

and as many have noted,, waaay to complicated even if it didnt suck unwashed donkey [edited].   which it does.   from every angle. 

unlike equip 2.0, theres nothing salvagable in this suggested shi*show. zero worth moving forward with.

its not helpful or exciting in any way, your just trying to "reboot"  the game so everyone has to regrind their garage from square 1.     i damn sure wont.

please dont implement any of this.  its beyond depressing to think of the time wasted building a garage to this point only to see it burned.. 

this whole concept blows. please please listen. please. really, please.

Blackhorse_58 #59 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 06:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 22805 battles
I can see the NA server population count going even further down if this actually becomes a "Thing"

Edited by Blackhorse_12B, Feb 24 2021 - 06:14.

n4cer67 #60 Posted Feb 24 2021 - 06:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20079 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostLittleJimmyJingles, on Feb 23 2021 - 19:41, said:

It seems that the crew books earned in the sandbox are for only the sandbox. The first ten I earned were not listed in my depot in non-sandbox version. Is this the case? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Nothing from sandbox carries over to the regular client. Hopefully this disaster of a change will be buried in the sandbox.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users