Crew 2.0

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

El__Sanx #1 Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [CB] CB

As it stands now, Crew 2.0 is very badly implemented and a huge waste of resources in face of more pressing matters ("special" rounds, anyone?). The possibility to use the same crew in 3 different vehicles and the new skills and situational perks could have been a great addition to the game, but the way they did that is a huge middle finger to the players, and I'll explain why:

First and foremost, the crew xp conversion rare is an insult, not only because you get too little points for all the actual experience you have in each of your crew members (experience that took a big investment of time to raise up), but also because in the new system it makes you end up with less actual skills than you previously had.

Secondly, in the old system you could spread the skills you wanted across each crew member, so you could get more of them and enjoy the benefits. You remember why playing the Manticore sucks? Because the less crew members you got, the more xp you need in your commander to get each of those same skills. THE VERY SAME THING HAPPENS IN CREW 2.0, BUT WORSE because now ALL the skills are shoved up one single crew member.

In third place, in the old system you (theoretically) could earn all the skills you wanted, just needed to put the time and effort to do so (or use the new crew manuals). In Crew 2.0, you got a hard cap of 75 points that LIMITS you to 7 full skills and half of one. What does that means? Before, if you got a 4-5 skill, 4-5 man crew, you could get most if not all of these skills: BIA, Deadeye, Eagle Eye, Situational Awareness, Snapshot, Smooth Ride, Safe Stowage, Cammo, Repairs, Clutch Braking, Off-road Driving, Adrenaline Rush, and then keep going and getting even more. In Crew 2.0, you only get to pick 7 and a half with a fully elited commander, and that's all. Even if you keep training your commanders, they won't get any more skills.

And here comes something WG didn't tell you: you lose performance in your tanks, because now each skill you pick means one less option for you, and you even LOSE some of the skills you have already earned, like Situational Awareness, for example. Hoy did I find out that? Because my fully pimped EBR 105, with bond equipment, consumables, and a 4 and something skill crew used to have a 450 vision range, but now, after the crappy conversion rate that downgraded my crew to a lvl 60 commander (forcing me to spend on training manuals to raise it to the max 75 level), it only gets to 433 vision range. If I had went fully in the Vision Range route, then I would've lost perks like the replacement for Safe Stowage, Smooth Ride, Snapshot, Off-road Driving, or any of the other perks that I ALREADY HAD in the previous system.

Don't believe me? See it with your own eyes (first is a screenshot of the Live Server, second of the Sandbox Server, scroll right to see the full pictures):

orangeandblue #2 Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33933 battles
Yeah I just came from the Sandbox. Not impressed. But hey, I could have Santa Claus for an instructor! Woo hoo!!! :facepalm:

ComfyTank #3 Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3586 battles
This is a competitive PvP game.  If everyone loses performance equally, nobody actually loses very much relative to other players.  At worst, you have to get used to your tank behaving slightly differently.

Kefic #4 Posted Yesterday, 11:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17089 battles
  • [ULFR] ULFR

View PostComfyTank, on Feb 23 2021 - 14:37, said:

This is a competitive PvP game.  If everyone loses performance equally, nobody actually loses very much relative to other players.  At worst, you have to get used to your tank behaving slightly differently.

anyone with a 6 skill crew is not going to face negatives to their tanks.  Those with 4 skill and less are absolutely screwed.

In other words, it is not "equal".

Edited by Kefic, Yesterday, 11:41 PM.

ComfyTank #5 Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3586 battles

View PostKefic, on Feb 23 2021 - 23:40, said:

anyone with a 6 skill crew is not going to face negatives to their tanks.  Those with 4 skill and less are absolutely screwed.

Yeah, you're right.  One thing I don't see being talked about is how crazy the post-75-skill bonuses.  With a few skillbooks you can easily get the equivalent of 3 vents on your tank.

LeaveIT2Beaver #6 Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 40744 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostKefic, on Feb 23 2021 - 17:40, said:

bake3020 #7 Posted Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles
This is why I call it SCREW 2.0.  That's exactly what it's going to be.

rdks #8 Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41315 battles
  • [KYEVE] KYEVE

This to me is a way for WG to get rid of the old guard who has already spend 100's if not 1000's over the years on this game to bring in the noobs who have yet to spend the money.

The hours I have spend on my crews to get them trained to get the tanks to play as I wanted with the current make up, all that time is thrown out the window with a swift kick in the pants.

I would not be so outraged if my "crew" had the same equivalent of skills they have now for the time I spent playing the game. 

Bad enough when they "upgraded" the equipment change, I am not told to put a certain type of equipment on the tank to get the bonus. Effectively taking away my style of play with said tank class.  Not all tanks in a class can play that class as defined..  And now this "forced" BS on crew.  Guess they did not learn much from when they F'ed up the console crews.

Flakker2 #9 Posted Yesterday, 11:54 PM

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 61762 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
What they really don’t want you to know is that now you can actually clone your crew, so that you end up with multiple maxed out crews from a single one. It will cost you gold, but it is the easiest way to get 75 points if you know what to do ;)

82nd_19D1P_D3 #10 Posted Today, 12:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 49249 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73
If everything gets Nerfed, is it a Nerf? P.S. At least they can't touch my Premium Tanks, err wait....

Bushranger #11 Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53969 battles
Thanks for the information. This is why I only spent money on holiday ops knowing this turd was coming. I don't like what they are doing, but my opinion doesn't matter, so I think it's time to find another game to play and spend my money on. 

El__Sanx #12 Posted Today, 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [CB] CB

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Feb 23 2021 - 17:02, said:

If everything gets Nerfed, is it a Nerf? P.S. At least they can't touch my Premium Tanks, err wait....

They can, albeit indirectly. Read my 3rd point, you'll see how with the new system you end with less skills and less performance in the same tank than you had before. While it's not technically a nerf, its more of like they're actually stealing the experience you made for your crewmembers and leaving you with less actual tanks performance in every single way. For noobs and new players, it won't be a big deal, but for longitme ones it's a major kick in the balls.

ShadowDancer27 #13 Posted Today, 12:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39274 battles

View PostFlakker2, on Feb 23 2021 - 16:54, said:

What they really don’t want you to know is that now you can actually clone your crew, so that you end up with multiple maxed out crews from a single one. It will cost you gold, but it is the easiest way to get 75 points if you know what to do ;)

You want to throw a brother a bone here?  

I was looking into how I could merge or combine crews and couldn't make what I wanted to happen happen.  

1) Converted my T49 crew to the new system to form a unit

2) Added the T71DA tank qualification to that unit

3) Mobilizing my existing T71DA crew makes another NEW unit - NOT my intent

4) Retraining the T71DA crew to T49 ultimately has the same issue.

It was my hope I could consolidate crews for about 40 tech tree tanks down to about 24 units but I don't see how.

HotLeadBoomer #14 Posted Today, 12:36 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1166 battles
new maps, new modes, platoon finder, proper campaign, more tank skins, dynamic events, e-sports, involving contests, battle pass, incentives to join guild, better perks to premium...do they not have a think "tank" :) over there? 

Avalon304 #15 Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26233 battles

View PostShadowDancer27, on Feb 23 2021 - 16:24, said:

You want to throw a brother a bone here?  

I was looking into how I could merge or combine crews and couldn't make what I wanted to happen happen.  

1) Converted my T49 crew to the new system to form a unit

2) Added the T71DA tank qualification to that unit

3) Mobilizing my existing T71DA crew makes another NEW unit - NOT my intent

4) Retraining the T71DA crew to T49 ultimately has the same issue.

It was my hope I could consolidate crews for about 40 tech tree tanks down to about 24 units but I don't see how.

Leave crews that you dont need unconverted, they'll all eventually turn into crew books, at which point you can use them to enhance other commanders.

Also tagged with Crew 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users