Y'all need to show the developers some respect

Crew Training Retraining Crew 2.0 Sandbox

111 replies to this topic

EzioAuditore1456 #1 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 00:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles
First things first, I barely ever browse the forums, let alone post in it. The amount of toxicity in here is enough to keep me posted by third party sites, so don't expect me to be a recognizable face. Second, although I usually don't care about the forums or the people in it, I've been seeing the same pattern of behavior for long enough to drop some truths many of you won't like to hear, and the first one is this: you're being a bunch of [edited]towards the developers.

I won't write a sappy story about my history with this game or how meaningful it's been to my life, all you need to know is that I joined it, played it a lot, quit and came back some time ago. So yeah, instead of whining about how the game sucked, I stopped playing it and when I came back I deemed the game worthy enough of my time to keep playing it. How dare I do such a mature, reasonable thing, amirite? Well, anyway.

Allow me to say this in no uncertain terms: I love Crew 2.0. I love how it's being made so you'll have more choices, I love how it's being planned to allow more unique gameplay, and I certainly love the amount of simplicity and complexity put in a balanced mix that I haven't seen in a long time in this game. Now, I really do share several of your concerns about the current iteration of this system, particularly how you grind several crews for several lines and some of them are gonna become pretty much useless in those Nations with several lines of the same class, like having 5 different, high quality crews for all the 5 different Soviet heavies, or with completely different gameplay among the same class that wouldn't benefit from a shared crew, like the German destroyer lines. Thing is, that doesn't give y'all the right to behave like a bunch of apes.

Apparently, the sheer hate for the developers, regardless of how hard they've been trying to improve the game, listen to our demands and redesign core gameplay aspects, is enough to make you completely ignore the fact that this is simply a sandbox run, a testing ground, a mere indicator of something might or might not come. I can't help but think someone that doesn't understand the difference between the common test and the sandbox server is particularly stupid, but even then, if those changes were slated for the next patch, personally attacking and threatening the developers ain't the way to go.

Like, I'd really like to agree with someone that thinks the current iteration needs to be tweaked and further testing needs to be done (although this is definitely a step in the right direction), but nearly all I'm seeing is people being top grade [edited]because they don't like the change, as if they're incapable of expressing themselves without being absolute wankers, several of them complaining about spending countless hours and dollars into the game as if that gave them the exclusive right to pick the game's future (I started playing this game back when I couldn't afford buying a garage slot with gold, mind you), ignoring that for a large chunk of the players, including me, these changes are mostly positive. Yes, I also have several hours into the game and a rather good amount of money spent into it. Yes, I also have dozens of tanks in my garage and several crews with 3 or 4, even 5 skills. Yes, I also think that we should be given more points or a better conversion rate. Yes, I definitely think we should be able to convert unused crew members into XP regardless of level. No, I don't think sending death threats to the developers is alright.

So, instead of going bat[edited] over changes that ain't even here yet - although you do need to be rather dumb to believe they'd bother going through such a complete system rework and never implement it in any way - maybe, just maybe, you could be civilized humans beings and expose your disagreement with the current iteration of testing in a respectful, appropriate manner so the developers can focus on bettering the system and tweaking what's in need of some adjustments? Y'know, just saying.

PS: don't even bother thinking I'm gonna waste my time replying to your hateful rhetoric and disgraceful jokes, I'm just gonna take whatever money you think wargaming certainly must have given me and do something I actually enjoy doing instead of doing something I don't enjoy and constantly [edited]about it

Jaguarz #2 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 11319 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN
lol

SKurj #3 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 00:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16863 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Feb 28 2021 - 18:21, said:

First things first, I barely ever browse the forums, let alone post in it. The amount of toxicity in here is enough to keep me posted by third party sites, so don't expect me to be a recognizable face. Second, although I usually don't care about the forums or the people in it, I've been seeing the same pattern of behavior for long enough to drop some truths many of you won't like to hear, and the first one is this: you're being a bunch of [edited]towards the developers.

I won't write a sappy story about my history with this game or how meaningful it's been to my life, all you need to know is that I joined it, played it a lot, quit and came back some time ago. So yeah, instead of whining about how the game sucked, I stopped playing it and when I came back I deemed the game worthy enough of my time to keep playing it. How dare I do such a mature, reasonable thing, amirite? Well, anyway.

Allow me to say this in no uncertain terms: I love Crew 2.0. I love how it's being made so you'll have more choices, I love how it's being planned to allow more unique gameplay, and I certainly love the amount of simplicity and complexity put in a balanced mix that I haven't seen in a long time in this game. Now, I really do share several of your concerns about the current iteration of this system, particularly how you grind several crews for several lines and some of them are gonna become pretty much useless in those Nations with several lines of the same class, like having 5 different, high quality crews for all the 5 different Soviet heavies, or with completely different gameplay among the same class that wouldn't benefit from a shared crew, like the German destroyer lines. Thing is, that doesn't give y'all the right to behave like a bunch of apes.

Apparently, the sheer hate for the developers, regardless of how hard they've been trying to improve the game, listen to our demands and redesign core gameplay aspects, is enough to make you completely ignore the fact that this is simply a sandbox run, a testing ground, a mere indicator of something might or might not come. I can't help but think someone that doesn't understand the difference between the common test and the sandbox server is particularly stupid, but even then, if those changes were slated for the next patch, personally attacking and threatening the developers ain't the way to go.

Like, I'd really like to agree with someone that thinks the current iteration needs to be tweaked and further testing needs to be done (although this is definitely a step in the right direction), but nearly all I'm seeing is people being top grade [edited]because they don't like the change, as if they're incapable of expressing themselves without being absolute wankers, several of them complaining about spending countless hours and dollars into the game as if that gave them the exclusive right to pick the game's future (I started playing this game back when I couldn't afford buying a garage slot with gold, mind you), ignoring that for a large chunk of the players, including me, these changes are mostly positive. Yes, I also have several hours into the game and a rather good amount of money spent into it. Yes, I also have dozens of tanks in my garage and several crews with 3 or 4, even 5 skills. Yes, I also think that we should be given more points or a better conversion rate. Yes, I definitely think we should be able to convert unused crew members into XP regardless of level. No, I don't think sending death threats to the developers is alright.

So, instead of going bat[edited] over changes that ain't even here yet - although you do need to be rather dumb to believe they'd bother going through such a complete system rework and never implement it in any way - maybe, just maybe, you could be civilized humans beings and expose your disagreement with the current iteration of testing in a respectful, appropriate manner so the developers can focus on bettering the system and tweaking what's in need of some adjustments? Y'know, just saying.

PS: don't even bother thinking I'm gonna waste my time replying to your hateful rhetoric and disgraceful jokes, I'm just gonna take whatever money you think wargaming certainly must have given me and do something I actually enjoy doing instead of doing something I don't enjoy and constantly [edited]about it

hey you are right there is a lot of hate in all weegee forums, and most aimed at devs, but in reality it is really aimed at the people making the decisions.

as far as loving Crew2.. check out QB's video it isn't click bait, it isn't a rage at weegee, but it fills you in on the reality of Crew2.  If you don't like his content try Dez.

_Katyusha___ #4 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 22663 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

There is not hate to developers.

They offered a sanbox text for players to test the changes and give an opinion.

Opinion of the players is, this is a change no one asked for, this do no compensate by far the effort and money put in training and getting crews, this is wiping away an aspect of the game that made it unique, this needs a lot of polishment.

This is first sandbox, lets see how it is fixed.

SawUcomin #5 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 430 battles

View Post_Katyusha___, on Mar 01 2021 - 01:07, said:

They offered a sanbox text for players to test the changes and give an opinion.

Opinion of the players is, this is a change no one asked for, this do no compensate by far the effort and money put in training and getting crews, this is wiping away an aspect of the game that made it unique, this needs a lot of polishment.

This is first sandbox, lets see how it is fixed.

This ^

Number_Five_Hargreeves #6 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38260 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Leave Britney alone!

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE ORIGINAL VIDEO - YouTube

Jaguarz #7 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:24

Captain

• Players
  • 11319 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostNumber_Five_Hargreeves, on Mar 01 2021 - 01:15, said:

Yeah, pretty much this, maybe the OP can do a youtube vid for us.

EzioAuditore1456 #8 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles

View Post_Katyusha___, on Feb 28 2021 - 21:07, said:

Don't get me wrong, but I don't think you and me have read the same topics and posts. There's hate even in third party sites, which is different from criticism, that's absolutely acceptable

View Post_Katyusha___, on Feb 28 2021 - 21:07, said:

Forgot to mention it but it's funny the amount of whining I see about how allegedly no one asked for this, yet everyone kept complaining about how you always had to pick the very same perks and skills in nearly the very same order

Besides, I doubt that if Donald Trump appeared on their doorstep offering them 1 million dollars they'd refuse and complain that they never asked for that lol

EzioAuditore1456 #9 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles

View PostJaguarz, on Feb 28 2021 - 21:24, said:

Yeah, pretty much this, maybe the OP can do a youtube vid for us.

I already left most of my feedback there, I don't think there's much else to say. I love how you can pick several routes, acquire skills that you normally couldn't early on and how instructors give you nice bonuses, although you're depending on luck. So far the biggest problems are the conversion rate and the unused crews.

Some people are ignoring the simple fact that not everyone spent hundreds of dollars training dozens of high level crews and that this change is obviously not aimed at them and boy, that's leaving them mad (they're allowed to give in their opinion, not boss around the developers because they spent unreasonable amounts of time and money into the game)

Taylor3006 #10 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4723 battles

They are sandboxing the changes to get feedback from the players. It would seem that many not only dislike the changes, they hate the changes. Of course this is going to be reflected in their posts. If someone's delicate sensibilities are offended, well maybe Wargaming should become a non profit and go save the whales or birds or something along those lines. Feedback from customers can be brutal and if they are too thinned skinned to take criticism they should either toughen up or get out of the free market. Seems this is the same company that when addressing my concerns as a new player, pretty much told me to "git gud". I would think that a company that spouted off this gem of wisdom should be held to the same advice. If people love a product and then see changes to that product, well passions are bound to flare. One only has to look at the "New Coke" debacle to understand how the market works.

For myself, I don't really care what they do with Tanks. I have always been a casual player and have recently just left the game. My only concern is what I need to do prior to the rework to position myself should I ever decide to give the game another go. If the changes go ahead to the Live server as they are now, it will be just a very convenient reason to uninstall the game completely. Wargaming is making it very easy to leave permanently. 

As to the OPs original post I would only say that respect is earned, not given. I promise to show Wargaming and its employees the same respect they seem to be showing me of my time and money...... 

Edited by Taylor3006, Mar 01 2021 - 02:02.

Jaguarz #11 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:00

Captain

• Players
  • 11319 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 01 2021 - 01:38, said:

I already left most of my feedback there, I don't think there's much else to say. I love how you can pick several routes, acquire skills that you normally couldn't early on and how instructors give you nice bonuses, although you're depending on luck. So far the biggest problems are the conversion rate and the unused crews.

Some people are ignoring the simple fact that not everyone spent hundreds of dollars training dozens of high level crews and that this change is obviously not aimed at them and boy, that's leaving them mad (they're allowed to give in their opinion, not boss around the developers because they spent unreasonable amounts of time and money into the game)

Who is this change aimed at then? New players and casuals will be at the mercy of wallet warriors in a way thats never been available before, the only real beneficiary of this is to those with money who can attain a monstrous 40% advantage over others with just a 75M crew and thats ignoring the skill point spend they get, just the bonuses from going from 75 to 75M

and just a FYI, people can do and say what they like, within the rules of the forums, you dont get to dictate their behavior or tell people what they can and cant do, you get to offer your opinion, thats pretty much it.

Insanefriend #12 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 57944 battles

Truthfully, a lot of the animosity towards change in this game is due to the fact that the design decisions are not made by the poor coders WG employs.  But they need to pass it all through the monetization department which can turn a change like crew 2.0 into a cash dump for players and make players feel cheated.  

There was a article by the devs for Shadow of War that talked about how the design around the loot boxes that game had effected overall game mechanics for the worse.  The guys coding it didn't think it was a good idea but they just do what the guy signing their checks wants them to do.  It was after the game came out and basically hard hit negative reviews and worse sales due to the word of mouth effect that the system was finally changed and phased out at some point.

Linky if you want to read,

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/no-more-buying-orcs-paid-loot-boxes-cut-from-middle-earth-shadow-of-war/

Me personally I think the change isn't going to help customization of tanks and rolls as the abilities just make it harder to understand a already harder then normal game for most players.  Even with the tweaks to the system as proposed to fix the glaring problems that should have been seen before sandbox.  

Edited by Insanefriend, Mar 01 2021 - 02:15.

EzioAuditore1456 #13 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Feb 28 2021 - 21:59, said:

They are sandboxing the changes to get feedback from the players. It would seem that many not only dislike the changes, they hate the changes. Of course this is going to be reflected in their posts. If someone's delicate sensibilities are offended, well maybe Wargaming should become a non profit and go save the whales or birds or something along those lines. Feedback from customers can be brutal and if they are too thinned skinned to take criticism they should either toughen up or get out of the free market. Seems this is the same company that when addressing my concerns as a new player, pretty much told me to "git gud". I would think that a company that spouted off this gem of wisdom should be held to the same advice. If people love a product and then see changes to that product, well passions are bound to flare. One only has to look at the "New Coke" debacle to understand how the market works.

For myself, I don't really care what they do with Tanks. I have always been a casual player and have recently just left the game. My only concern is what I need to do prior to the rework to position myself should I ever decide to give the game another go. If the changes go ahead to the Live server as they are now, it will be just a very convenient reason to uninstall the game completely. Wargaming is making it very easy to leave permanently. 

As to the OPs original post I would only say that respect is earned, not given. I promise to show Wargaming and its employees the same respect they seem to be showing me of my time and money...... 

I recommend doing just that, take a long break from the game, I spent several years without playing before coming back and it helped me find out other genres that I currently enjoy

PS: also seeing a lot of people trying to justify their primitive behavior as "brutal criticism". If someone sends you a letter threatening to rape your daughter I'm gonna call you thin skinned heh

View PostJaguarz, on Feb 28 2021 - 22:00, said:

Who is this change aimed at then? New players and casuals will be at the mercy of wallet warriors in a way thats never been available before, the only real beneficiary of this is to those with money who can attain a monstrous 40% advantage over others with just a 75M crew and thats ignoring the skill point spend they get, just the bonuses from going from 75 to 75M

and just a FYI, people can do and say what they like, within the rules of the forums, you dont get to dictate their behavior or tell people what they can and cant do, you get to offer your opinion, thats pretty much it.

Funny, half the people I see whining are top grade players whining about how their crews ain't gonna be as effective as before, half are people claiming those very same players are gonna have an unfair advantage

It's almost as if they can't decide who to blame for their own opinion

PS: I don't think death threats abide by forum rules, so yeah, don't bother telling me what I'm allegedly trying to dictate or not

EzioAuditore1456 #14 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Feb 28 2021 - 22:03, said:

Truthfully, a lot of the animosity towards change in this game is due to the fact that the design decisions are not made by the poor coders WG employs.  But they need to pass it all through the monetization department which can turn a change like crew 2.0 into a cash dump for players and make players feel cheated.  

There was a article by the devs for Shadow of War that talked about how the design around the loot boxes that game had effected overall game mechanics for the worse.  The guys coding it didn't think it was a good idea but they just do what the guy signing their checks wants them to do.  It was after the game came out and basically hard hit negative reviews and worse sales due to the word of mouth effect that the system was finally changed and phased out at some point.

Linky if you want to read,

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/no-more-buying-orcs-paid-loot-boxes-cut-from-middle-earth-shadow-of-war/

Me personally I think the change isn't going to help customization of tanks and rolls as the abilities just make it harder to understand a already harder then normal game for most players.  Even with the tweaks to the system as proposed to fix the glaring problems that should have been seen before sandbox.  

So, I believe these changes were made to make the crew system more diverse and just so they'd add an extra layer of management, y'know, something else to make you spend your time in the game. Nowadays, crew management doesn't take any time, you already know which skills you're gonna get, you only spend time by grinding the whole crew by playing. Besides, that kind of problem, like the numbers of points and XP conversion could be easily dealt with, but people decided to go full retarded over something that can obviously be changed.

About the monetization, the base of most complains I see are players with unreasonable amounts of time and money spent into the game whining about how they spent unreasonable amounts of time and money into the game and now this change is gonna lower the threshold, their so loved advantage they had over other people (pretty much complaining they won't have 8 or 10 skill crews to bash pubs since they'll all get 75 points)

Look, it's alright to want compensation for all the time and money they spent in a game, but that doesn't give them the right to behave like apes when some changes come that'll benefit people other than them (even at their alleged expense, although they're not losing much really)

Cowcat137 #15 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 24094 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

Says he won't bother replying. then replies to everybody. 

I think he came here looking for an argument

EzioAuditore1456 #16 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17823 battles

View PostCowcat137, on Feb 28 2021 - 22:33, said:

Says he won't bother replying. then replies to everybody. 

I think he came here looking for an argument

I said I wouldn't bother replying to haters and people with animal like behavior, people that are here to have a civilized discussion are fine

bigbear72us #17 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53399 battles
  • [LITHD] LITHD
He must be comrade, like dog.

SKurj #18 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16863 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Feb 28 2021 - 20:25, said:

So, I believe these changes were made to make the crew system more diverse and just so they'd add an extra layer of management, y'know, something else to make you spend your time in the game. Nowadays, crew management doesn't take any time, you already know which skills you're gonna get, you only spend time by grinding the whole crew by playing. Besides, that kind of problem, like the numbers of points and XP conversion could be easily dealt with, but people decided to go full retarded over something that can obviously be changed.

About the monetization, the base of most complains I see are players with unreasonable amounts of time and money spent into the game whining about how they spent unreasonable amounts of time and money into the game and now this change is gonna lower the threshold, their so loved advantage they had over other people (pretty much complaining they won't have 8 or 10 skill crews to bash pubs since they'll all get 75 points)

Look, it's alright to want compensation for all the time and money they spent in a game, but that doesn't give them the right to behave like apes when some changes come that'll benefit people other than them (even at their alleged expense, although they're not losing much really)

you haven't seen the vids...

the gap between new and old players is incredibly large with the new system.  The whales will have a field day with crews at 140% which they can then pay more $$ to put in multiple vehicles.

Crews lose exp in the new system, qb shows it in his video, but hey if you have more $$ you don't have to lose exp

Dez covers the flexibility of crews skills... guess what... :)  while there appears to be lots to choose from, the same old mandatory skills are still there and require more points to acquire than they do today, so you will take a step back and then still have to grind out those same skills, or spend more $$

RNG instructors...  how many will not give you the roll you want and will sit there doing nothing or until you spend more $$ when rerolls are introduced.

you are looking at the ppl complaining about compensation and not seeing the big picture...  (though for the most part i ignore the compensation complaints...  they shouldn't have taken BIA crews away, but I will give them that one as an oversight)

oh yeah the ramming 268...  the elc without sitting in a bush with 70% camo...

Edited by SKurj, Mar 01 2021 - 02:38.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #19 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 56899 battles
  • [QUEUE] QUEUE

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 01 2021 - 00:21, said:

you do need to be rather dumb to believe they'd bother going through such a complete system rework and never implement it in any way 

Emblem 10.0 was not implemented mostly due to an opposition video by QUICKYBABY.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Mar 01 2021 - 02:52.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #20 Posted Mar 01 2021 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 56899 battles
  • [QUEUE] QUEUE

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 01 2021 - 02:25, said:

I don't imagine you will watch this because you might learn something.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Mar 01 2021 - 02:52.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with Crew, Training, Retraining, Crew 2.0, Sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users