Y'all need to show the developers some respect

Crew Training Retraining Crew 2.0 Sandbox

111 replies to this topic

Waylandie #101 Posted Mar 05 2021 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25672 battles

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 05 2021 - 19:34, said:

PS: the preliminary results were released in the EU server, I recommend y'all to read it, but tldr they're gonna tweak it and consider whether the next iteration is gonna come to the sandbox server or straight to common test

Again, I think you have a serious reading problem.  You do no research and just make things up as you go along.  

The post of the Crew 2.0 flat out says that it's not going to the common test.  Here, I will copy the post on their main page since you clearly can't find it.  They specifically say it won't be released in this form.  

Testing of Crew 2.0 on Sandbox is now complete, and, once again, we thank you for your active participation in the development of World of Tanks.

We received a lot of questions, comments, and suggestions from players: Clearly the proposed concept did not leave anyone indifferent.

It's obvious Crew 2.0 requires further improvements.

The main changes we proposed in the current Sandbox will not be released in this form. We now need more time to keep working on them before we have a new version ready to present to you.

Preliminary Results

The preliminary survey results and direct feedback revealed the proposed changes did not receive the approval we were expecting from the community. Many players pointed out the need for significant changes and improvements to Crew 2.0. Some players agree with the idea of changing the crew, but they still have several concerns regarding the proposed version. Part of the player base did not like the concept at all, and their feedback largely consists of the same prior concerns.

Main Discussion Topics

We studied your feedback and highlighted the most discussed points:

• Experience of a "zero-Skill" is not taken into account in the conversion
  • No bonus to crew qualifications for a fully trained commander
  • Randomness in the choice of instructor skills
  • Effectiveness of different skills in new and old systems
  • Unnecessary crews remaining from the old system

What's Next?

We're processing all the data collected in the Sandbox. We'll review it in detail, and then try to develop solutions that address concerns and bring satisfaction for all types of players. Depending on the results of this work, we’ll decide on a possible second iteration of testing Crew 2.0 on the Sandbox server. We’ll keep you informed of all details.

Once again, thank you for participating in the life of the game. It's your feedback and suggestions that help us work out various ideas and ultimately make World of Tanks better

EzioAuditore1456 #102 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 00:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17923 battles

View PostWaylandie, on Mar 05 2021 - 19:57, said:

We now need more time to keep working on them before we have a new version ready to present to you.

View PostWaylandie, on Mar 05 2021 - 19:57, said:

Depending on the results of this work, we’ll decide on a possible second iteration of testing Crew 2.0 on the Sandbox server. We’ll keep you informed of all details.

Think about it: if they're gonna work on a second iteration of testing but ain't sure whether that iteration will come on a sandbox iteration, where else do you think it's gonna come?

Waylandie #103 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 05:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25672 battles

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 06 2021 - 00:26, said:

Think about it: if they're gonna work on a second iteration of testing but ain't sure whether that iteration will come on a sandbox iteration, where else do you think it's gonna come?

Are you so senile that you don't remember what you said?  You tried to act like this version was going to the common test, and that there wouldn't be major changes.   

SKurj #104 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 13:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16863 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ

View PostATruk, on Mar 05 2021 - 15:23, said:

I have considered that too. Then I thought "what was my time worth playing DOOM?". What is it worth now? Might I still be playing if they had updated the game? Or had a modern FTP model?

As far as pixels on a monitor go, while I might fall in love with them, I own none of it.

If, instead of looking for a new game to play, they are bringing the new game to me, that saves me the trouble.

sure and you are welcome to your own opinion... they still devalued your time which has a value, and you can bet it does to them they will have a $$ value against a player's time spent in game..  DOOM, you accumulated nothing...  except time spent, if tanks had no skill system or form of progression i would agree.

EzioAuditore1456 #105 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 18:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17923 battles

View PostWaylandie, on Mar 06 2021 - 01:36, said:

Are you so senile that you don't remember what you said?  You tried to act like this version was going to the common test, and that there wouldn't be major changes.   

Yep, in the future. They're probably gonna tweak some things and drop it on common test instead of running a second iteration on sandbox. I can't see how they're gonna change this idea a whole lot, they seem to like the base system (and it fixes many problems we had before)

PS: quit whining, you're sounding like a mad child. They ain't implementing this as it is, so here's your lollipop and go complain about something else in the game

Blackstone #106 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 29277 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Virtually nobody complained about the current system. There's really nothing wrong with it.

All it needs is some minor tweaks:

1. all crews are 100% trained

2. make 6th sense a free skill

3. implement the "1 crew for up to 3 tanks of the same class" feature

4. KEEP THE CURRENT CREW INTERFACE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

5. DONE

ATruk #107 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 23:14

Captain

• Players
  • 77915 battles

View PostSKurj, on Mar 06 2021 - 05:07, said:

sure and you are welcome to your own opinion... they still devalued your time which has a value, and you can bet it does to them they will have a $$ value against a player's time spent in game..  DOOM, you accumulated nothing...  except time spent, if tanks had no skill system or form of progression i would agree.

I do believe I understand your point, though I have taken to thinking of it a bit differently.
WG made me an offer to play a video game for free. They keep servers running, I can keep playing. Good deal for me there.
Then, I decide to support them with dollars for my benefit and theirs. Kind of a fair trade in my mind.
The value I see in my time and money is having game servers to play on when I want to waste time, not pixels or pixel achievements and awards.
As far as my pixel achievements go (perhaps the value we are speaking of), i.e. crew skills, I expect they will be transferred to the new system equitably. That is, your 8 skill crew will be superior to my 4 skill crew, and so on.
What they call the new skill thingys does not really matter to me.

546MAINT #108 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 23:26

Private

• Players
  • 31758 battles
  • [_1ST_] _1ST_

Thanks for the update. So glad WOT put a stop to this...... for now. So guess I am just not going to be to aggressive in working up tank lines, or training/retraining crew members till this gets figured out. It is what it is for now. 

I am fairly new to the game. I do not have a issue with 6th sense needing to be trained... Just part of the deal.

My #1 want would be. New maps oops...cough.. cough.. not really the point here.

Have a way for crews to retain/keep there training in tank. Have a option for moving them up the tank line as needed. (even if it means they only have a limited amount of tanks they can be trained for in total)  Or is this just a way WOT is trying to lure us toward whole new system? Because one would think WOT knew most of the existing player base would be against a whole new revamp. Kind of a bribe for all the time that will be needed in redoing our crews. Wink Wink

So I have a Question. WELL MANY  But one thing at a time.

When you run into a tank that has a different crew members from previous tanks in the line. Why can't we use the skills that if they have been trained in current a crew example commander has ext. view range transfers to radio operator for the new tank. (but commander retains skill for original tank he came from) So if you have a skill in a existing crew member in the current system, the skill goes to a new recruit crew member,... let them have it. Same principle would work for moving a four member crew into a 3 member tank. (example crew from Leo gets trained for Udes Commander would obtain skills from loader and radio operator)    Simple?  

But wow that would be great. If its that simple. Any thoughts on this any body?

I understand WOT is a business and does need to make money to keep the lights on. That is up to them to figure out what we are will to pay for 100% training or retain training & transfers. 

SORRY IF THIS HAD ALREADY BEEN BUNG UP IN THIS FORUM AND I MISSED IT. THANKS 

Edited by 546MAINT, Mar 06 2021 - 23:28.

valeman12345 #109 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 00:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15767 battles
  • [BCGC] BCGC
Crew 2.0 with serious balanced improvements (divert direction away from favoring good players who like it this way and improving skill for all (not just good players)). Remove features that requires gold or credit to buy. Crew 2.0 need move forwarded into game before end 2021!
The payers wont be supporting it if "changes" are creating larger gap on skill levels.

Edited by valeman12345, Mar 07 2021 - 00:02.

Waylandie #110 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 06:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25672 battles

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Mar 06 2021 - 18:05, said:

Yep, in the future. They're probably gonna tweak some things and drop it on common test instead of running a second iteration on sandbox. I can't see how they're gonna change this idea a whole lot, they seem to like the base system (and it fixes many problems we had before)

PS: quit whining, you're sounding like a mad child. They ain't implementing this as it is, so here's your lollipop and go complain about something else in the game

It doesn't fix any problems and creates new ones.  Unless you really think that being able to do 3k in ramming will taking less than 400 damage  is a good thing.  Or maybe you like that you can now sit in the open and be unspottable, or maybe you really think that EBRs need a view range buff.  

You just need to stop.  You don't know anything about Crew 2.0.

commander42 #111 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 06:16

Major

• Players
  • 28634 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostEzioAuditore1456, on Feb 28 2021 - 19:31, said:

Don't get me wrong, but I don't think you and me have read the same topics and posts. There's hate even in third party sites, which is different from criticism, that's absolutely acceptable

Forgot to mention it but it's funny the amount of whining I see about how allegedly no one asked for this, yet everyone kept complaining about how you always had to pick the very same perks and skills in nearly the very same order

Besides, I doubt that if Donald Trump appeared on their doorstep offering them 1 million dollars they'd refuse and complain that they never asked for that lol

I dont remember seeing any forum threads about ANYONE asking for this.  

Its less likely a million dollars randomly showing up and more like randomly paying significantly higher property tax.  Its taking away, not giving. 

commander42 #112 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 28634 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostBlackstone, on Mar 06 2021 - 15:37, said:

Virtually nobody complained about the current system. There's really nothing wrong with it.

All it needs is some minor tweaks:

1. all crews are 100% trained

2. make 6th sense a free skill

3. implement the "1 crew for up to 3 tanks of the same class" feature

4. KEEP THE CURRENT CREW INTERFACE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

5. DONE

this 100%! There is a couple good things in the crew 2.0 idea, but the thing is they do not need a complete rework to add the good features.  Just add the good features, no need to add the bad stuff too

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with Crew, Training, Retraining, Crew 2.0, Sandbox

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users