Jump to content


Attention! Sandbox survey results are in!

KRZY

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

cloudwalking #21 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 18:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

"Did not recieve the approval we expected". That made me laugh, ngl.



madogthefirst #22 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 18:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 27066 battles
  • 10,470
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostMikosah, on Mar 05 2021 - 15:53, said:

Just for the record, the problems with the current system are very simple and straightforward.

  1. The obvious one is the sixth sense situation, which could be solved a number of ways and simply making it a default feature is certainly one of them.
  2. Another is the nastiness of grinding <100% trained crews, and moving those crews from one tank to another (though truthfully, the answer to these issues is simply to train/retrain with gold).

True that the sandbox proposal did solve all of these problems, let's be clear about that. And yes, there are some current crew skills that are never used and for good reason.

 

So why did this test end so badly? For a very simple reason- that all of the above could have been solved just by making small tweaks to the current system. Switching to an entirely new system was uncalled for, unnecessary, counterproductive, and to be frank, sloppily proposed. The whole process of crew conversion is a massive risk to take on, and should have only been attempted as the last of last ditch resorts at the extremes of desperate necessity. And here it was tossed about senselessly for no particular reason at all.

For point 2 there I don't really see it as a problem, sure it is a bit of a pain to get the first few crews up to 100% but it becomes pretty easy to maintain.



546MAINT #23 Posted Mar 06 2021 - 23:22

    Private

  • Players
  • 27545 battles
  • 4
  • [_1ST_] _1ST_
  • Member since:
    12-08-2018

 Thanks for the update. So glad WOT put a stop to this...... for now. So guess I am just not going to be to aggressive in working up tank lines, or training/retraining crew members till this gets figured out. It is what it is for now. 

 

I am fairly new to the game. I do not have a issue with 6th sense needing to be trained... Just part of the deal.

 

  My #1 want would be. New maps oops...cough.. cough.. not really the point here.

Have a way for crews to retain/keep there training in tank. Have a option for moving them up the tank line as needed. (even if it means they only have a limited amount of tanks they can be trained for in total)  Or is this just a way WOT is trying to lure us toward whole new system? Because one would think WOT knew most of the existing player base would be against a whole new revamp. Kind of a bribe for all the time that will be needed in redoing our crews. Wink Wink

 

So I have a Question. WELL MANY  But one thing at a time.

 

 When you run into a tank that has a different crew members from previous tanks in the line. Why can't we use the skills that if they have been trained in current a crew example commander has ext. view range transfers to radio operator for the new tank. (but commander retains skill for original tank he came from) So if you have a skill in a existing crew member in the current system, the skill goes to a new recruit crew member,... let them have it. Same principle would work for moving a four member crew into a 3 member tank. (example crew from Leo gets trained for Udes Commander would obtain skills from loader and radio operator)    Simple?  

 

 But wow that would be great. If its that simple. Any thoughts on this any body?

 

I understand WOT is a business and does need to make money to keep the lights on. That is up to them to figure out what we are will to pay for 100% training or retain training & transfers. 



Cowcat137 #24 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 20:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 21343 battles
  • 9,799
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View Postcloudwalking, on Mar 06 2021 - 18:43, said:

"Did not recieve the approval we expected". That made me laugh, ngl.



_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #25 Posted Mar 07 2021 - 21:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 54347 battles
  • 3,660
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostSparkyGT, on Mar 06 2021 - 18:02, said:

I have almost 360 tanks in garage, and it will be a month or so plus of fooling around retraining everything, loss of special crews? sixth sense is a must for me, so getting new players in it will be good.  And for those that complain about new players not having enough skills, its because the rest of us suffered as we ground through tanks in thousands and thousands of battles.  Yes im one of those guys who bought a tier 8 premium lowe after playing for a few days, and i sucked in it because of it. thats the way it goes.

 

Spending thousands of gold on training and retraining that could be lost is a slap in the face.

 

THIS. 

 

Make sure you put this in the next survey if it comes back.  I told WG exactly this in the survey and I want to play with Chuck Norris as my Commander not as an Advisor!!!!!!!!!!


Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Mar 07 2021 - 21:20.


Mikosah #26 Posted Mar 08 2021 - 04:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,827
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View Postmadogthefirst, on Mar 06 2021 - 11:58, said:

For point 2 there I don't really see it as a problem, sure it is a bit of a pain to get the first few crews up to 100% but it becomes pretty easy to maintain.


All the more reason that a massive, crudely-implemented rework isn't what we need. When crews are already trained with multiple skills, its very easy (though expensive) to just pop the 200 gold apiece to retrain them for another tank. If you use credits instead there's the additional step of resetting the skills to get the training level back to 100% if you so choose, but if your crew has the experience to spare then this is just an inconvenience rather than an obstacle. The trick is for freshly-made accounts that don't have trained crews. If I remember right, if the crew is less than 86% trained for a given tank, you won't be any better off retraining them via credits than simply buying a new 75% crew for credits. Meaning that if you're going up your first tech tree line and you spend time on one tank getting the crew 'ready' for the next one, you need to cross this threshold for the time and effort to have any impact at all. Ordinarily crew books would be the answer to this situation, but for whatever genius reason they can't be used on a crew that's less than 100% trained.

 

But that reveals a very simple and practical solution that doesn't require a rework- just omit that last rule so that crew books can be used on freebie crews even before they make it to 100% training, and give new accounts plenty of crew books to get them going. Or even better than that, just adjust the scale of where crews start. Currently its 50% trained crews for free, 75% trained for 20k credits a pop, and 100% trained for 200 gold a pop. Just by making the 100% trained crews available for something other than gold would be a massive help for new players.



madogthefirst #27 Posted Mar 08 2021 - 04:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 27066 battles
  • 10,470
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostMikosah, on Mar 07 2021 - 19:20, said:


All the more reason that a massive, crudely-implemented rework isn't what we need. When crews are already trained with multiple skills, its very easy (though expensive) to just pop the 200 gold apiece to retrain them for another tank. If you use credits instead there's the additional step of resetting the skills to get the training level back to 100% if you so choose, but if your crew has the experience to spare then this is just an inconvenience rather than an obstacle. The trick is for freshly-made accounts that don't have trained crews. If I remember right, if the crew is less than 86% trained for a given tank, you won't be any better off retraining them via credits than simply buying a new 75% crew for credits. Meaning that if you're going up your first tech tree line and you spend time on one tank getting the crew 'ready' for the next one, you need to cross this threshold for the time and effort to have any impact at all. Ordinarily crew books would be the answer to this situation, but for whatever genius reason they can't be used on a crew that's less than 100% trained.

 

But that reveals a very simple and practical solution that doesn't require a rework- just omit that last rule so that crew books can be used on freebie crews even before they make it to 100% training, and give new accounts plenty of crew books to get them going. Or even better than that, just adjust the scale of where crews start. Currently its 50% trained crews for free, 75% trained for 20k credits a pop, and 100% trained for 200 gold a pop. Just by making the 100% trained crews available for something other than gold would be a massive help for new players.

They don't have many trained crews. All tier 1s start with a 100% crew, and a newby mission gives them a free 100% for a tier 3 of their choice, there may even be one for tier six I'm not sure.

 

The biggest hurdle is just to get crews to 100%, once you get around tier 4 or 5 retaining the crew for credits becomes very easy to maintain.



Shia_Halud #28 Posted Mar 08 2021 - 07:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6038 battles
  • 384
  • [GOH] GOH
  • Member since:
    12-01-2019
Play with then meta all you want, just take time and fix mm, rng, and maps. Perhaps that is too difficult for Minsk.

cloudwalking #29 Posted Mar 08 2021 - 23:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

"The preliminary survey results and direct feedback revealed the proposed changes did not receive the approval we were expecting from the community"

 

This is still cracking me up, ngl.  They are so out of touch that they really thought that this update would be a bases loaded bottom of the 9th walk off homer with a bat flip.  



cloudwalking #30 Posted Mar 10 2021 - 05:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

"The preliminary survey results and direct feedback revealed the proposed changes did not receive the approval we were expecting from the community"

 

I know, I know...I've posted this line a few times already.  I'm still blown away by it.  What the crap kind of approval were they expecting with that broke, money grab crap?

 

A 4 skill crew on live server could have something like 8 perks in total which should equal 80 pts...nope, they were going to give you 43 or 44 or 45.  Who the hell thought that was a good conversion system??

 

That's just one thing.  I just...I can't figure out how they could have thought that the 'approval' would have been amazing.  It screams that they need to outsource any project like this to a 3rd party company that has a clue.

 

I've seen suggestions brought up in passing that were better ideas than what a team at WG came up with.  13disciple and his stream the other week had numerous...NUMEROUS...better ideas and changes to make that would INSTANTLY improve quality of life for newer and older players...but we get WG.  

 

I'm just blown away.  Who...the crap...at WG...thought this was a good idea.  Yes, I know this was a super test...but still, that was incredible.  Alright, I'm done...last time I'm posting in here about this.  It's just been hitting me every so often over the past few days and has literally been making me crack up at random places thinking about the sheer stupidity.  



ACandieCaneKilling #31 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 10:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 74233 battles
  • 1,030
  • [TRIO] TRIO
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

As it was, it would have CRUSHED ME to change EVERY ONE of my 268 tanks, as well as work out which skills etc to put on each tank, as there were so many, & they catered to your play style so ALL I saw was making massive changes over time again & again & again & costing me SOOOO much, it simply wasn't worth it.

 

I thought the new changes as they were presented, WERE TERRIBLE & SILLY, OVERLY complicated & ridiculous.

You could create a tank that could ONE SHOT KILL ANY TANK IT RAMMED in a single RAMMING, DONE, I WIN.

ANY combination that would make your tank SUPER OP in any configuration is just DUMB.

Also I would have to BEGIN ALL over again, when I already have like nearly 20 tanks at the VERY END of getting all of the skills & perks (to 100%) & I'd have to start again? OMG NO THANKS.

This may have given you a lot of info & feedback & that was great but the entire concept was terribly poorly thought out.

 

Just add 6th sense for everyone and LEAVE IT alone.







Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users