Incoming: Battle Pass Season 4 event guide.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

stabbymckill #1 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 20:40

Community Intern

• Players
  • 1234 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Good Afternoon tankers,

Season 4 of Battle Pass begins on March 15. 

"Season 4 of Battle Pass begins in World of Tanks on March 15. In the updated new Season, you will not only be earning Battle Pass Points in Random Battles, but also in Ranked Battles and Steel Hunter, as well as by completing daily missions. You will be able to earn 3 unique progressive styles and special Tokens that can be exchanged for rare Tier IX vehicles. During Battle Pass, you will meet familiar heroes, be introduced to a completely new character, and also be able to choose the useful in-game items you like the most.

And the new features don't end there. Read on to find out more!"

Battle Pass Season 4 runs until June 15. 
Head over to the article here to get all of the full details and more. 

viawot #2 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 23502 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Is there anything additional for maxing out all three chapters?

Einzelganger7 #3 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 22:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10701 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
Thanks but no thanks, as a free to play player I was excited about getting the Kunze Panzer but if they put it behind a paywall I better quit the game temporarily and wait for the next year to get it for 9 tokens.

p.s: RagingRaptor's video was spot on with the main issue of this new battle pass.
Spoiler

Edited by Einzelganger7, Mar 11 2021 - 22:32.

cloudwalking #4 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 22:33

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

A lot of cool stuff being brought into battle pass, but a lot of bs as well.

Let us pick our own 3d camos to obtain, not force one of these down on us.  I don't own 2 of the 3 tanks and will never grind them...so 2 of the skins I'm paying for are going to be useless for ever.  Not cool.

Not a fan of how you did Expedition tanks.  You could earn 2 per year for free and never worry about battle pass....now it will take a full year (as long as 2 battle pass per year) to earn 1 tank...not cool.

Putting bounty equipment behind the improved pass paywall is not cool.  That's pay2win in a lot of peoples eyes.  

The cost...it used to be 6,500g if I'm not mistaken...now with the expedition tanks and camos attached the price has gone up.  Please, someone correct me if my price is wrong on past battle pass.  So I'm paying more because of inflated prices for stuff I'll never use or want.  

A simple fix for me, and I'm sure would make others happier...is to let me pick my own camos to grind out of a list of available camos.  

Make 2 tanks worth of tokens available through standard pass...making them obtainable to all just like before.  

Lower the price back down to 6,500g and make the bounty equipment available for standard pass.

I was initially extremely excited about this battle pass and I've never looked forward to one or bought a battle pas of any kind for any game...because they are bulsht schemes....but I was looking forward to this one.  Now, not so much.

Edit:  Also, I'm now no longer motivated by commanders seeing as in what you, WG, thought would have been a home run hit...the commanders profile pics were not even visible under the crew 2.0 scheme.  So these commanders that are 'so valuable' and have unique skins...weren't even visible.  Not to mention that I'd like some tangible proof that my commanders XP will be transferred appropriately and not screw me in the future when 2.0 does hit...and it will hit eventually.

Wait...did that video show 2,500 gold to buy the stage then 6k gold to buy half way through??  lolol That's insane.

Spoiler

I also agree that Raptor hit the nail on the head.

Edited by cloudwalking, Mar 11 2021 - 23:02.

bake3020 #5 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Postcloudwalking, on Mar 11 2021 - 21:33, said:

A lot of cool stuff being brought into battle pass, but a lot of bs as well.

Let us pick our own 3d camos to obtain, not force one of these down on us.  I don't own 2 of the 3 tanks and will never grind them...so 2 of the skins I'm paying for are going to be useless for ever.  Not cool.

Not a fan of how you did Expedition tanks.  You could earn 2 per year for free and never worry about battle pass....now it will take a full year (as long as 2 battle pass per year) to earn 1 tank...not cool.

Putting bounty equipment behind the improved pass paywall is not cool.  That's pay2win in a lot of peoples eyes.  

The cost...it used to be 6,500g if I'm not mistaken...now with the expedition tanks and camos attached the price has gone up.  Please, someone correct me if my price is wrong on past battle pass.  So I'm paying more because of inflated prices for stuff I'll never use or want.  

A simple fix for me, and I'm sure would make others happier...is to let me pick my own camos to grind out of a list of available camos.  

Make 2 tanks worth of tokens available through standard pass...making them obtainable to all just like before.  

Lower the price back down to 6,500g and make the bounty equipment available for standard pass.

I was initially extremely excited about this battle pass and I've never looked forward to one or bought a battle pas of any kind for any game...because they are bulsht schemes....but I was looking forward to this one.  Now, not so much.

You know they will never make anything easier for anyone, including themselves as they can't see the forest for the trees, that are blocking their view.  As long as I can earn the 777 and the K91PT, I will be happy.  But, just to make it clear, I totally agree with you on this bro.  It's almost as if they trying piss all of us off.

nekojima #6 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 23:03

Captain

• Players
  • 45073 battles
  • [PHASD] PHASD

I dislike the National BPs behind a paywall and then reduced the number available over the three months. Not sure if there's enough value in paying, I haven't in prior seasons, as most of the items have zero value to me and it's not worth it. I'd hoped the changes for this coming season would be improvements, so far I haven't seen that.

Ortinoth #7 Posted Mar 11 2021 - 23:57

Captain

• Players
  • 28381 battles
  • [CBRO] CBRO
This is my feedback on Battlepass season 4 and future -   Pros : all game modes make progression for battlepass Cons: everything else - nerf to rewards, reduced blueprints ( 318 universals , 100 National blueprints ) for f2p , double for Paying customers. season 4 upto 240 this includes paid improved battlepass    this is utter garbage -  Then old battlepass 8k bonds if you completed the 100 elite stages - this one max of 3k bonds -  BOUNTY EQUIPMENT IS NOW ONLY PAY TO GET - there is no equipment for free to play,,     this is utter garbage - as wargaming constantly takes something good then screws it over --- thats not including all the gold and money your going to have to spend 2500 gold per sstage just to pay for more tokens etc

Edited by Ortinoth, Mar 11 2021 - 23:59.

cloudwalking #8 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

On the test server it was 1k gold to buy a stage and 1k gold to buy the levels in the stage...making it 6k total to buy out battle pass...

That was a good price.  This bs with 2,500 per stage then what looks like 12,000 to buy the levels PER STAGE going by that video...wthever WG...thats a big nope from me.

2,500 x 3 = 7,500g + (12k x 3) = 43,500 gold to buy out battle pass...wut...

go to 5:45 in the video if you're not sure what I'm talking about.  This is insane.  No way that's going in the game.

Cowcat137 #9 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 21258 battles

latvius #10 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 03:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46141 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA
I think everything in this game should be attainable through cash and I like the new battle pass.  Some people do not have time to "grind", give players who grind things the hard way some recognition but allow players to pay for the same thing. The phrase "behind a pay wall", lol whatever life is a paywall get a clue.

cloudwalking #11 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 03:58

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

View Postlatvius, on Mar 12 2021 - 03:10, said:

I think everything in this game should be attainable through cash and I like the new battle pass.  Some people do not have time to "grind", give players who grind things the hard way some recognition but allow players to pay for the same thing. The phrase "behind a pay wall", lol whatever life is a paywall get a clue.

lol jokes on you bud...

it'll cost you 7,500 gold to buy the right to grind the stages.  If you don't want to grind the stages and just 'buy it now'..because you don't have time to grind, remember...it's looking like it will cost you 40k+ gold per Battle Pass....and at least 2 BP per year are coming so only 80k gold to buy all you want...lol

go to 5:45 in the video before you ask me what I'm talking about.  

The_Happiest_Husky #12 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 04:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8800 battles
Not only does this battle pass feel like a [edited]you to all of us who barely had enough time to grind the main stage of the previous iteration, but now national fragments are locked behind a paywall. Of course. Not like the only reason I did the battle pass was for national fragments. Thank you, WG

Edited by The_Happiest_Husky, Mar 12 2021 - 04:15.

DiomedesRS6 #13 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 04:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29442 battles
  • [TLK] TLK

Hard pass.

I have all three 9-token tanks from previous events which I worked hard in, and generated lots of fun for (to the paying players).  Thank you for that.  Two of those tanks are actually fun to play.

This round offers me no way to participate without shelling out ca$h.  I'm going to be playing X-Com Chimera until this season is over.

Edited by DiomedesRS6, Mar 12 2021 - 04:14.

KAVIK_2017 #14 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 08:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 17394 battles

View PostOrtinoth, on Mar 11 2021 - 13:57, said:

This is my feedback on Battlepass season 4 and future -   Pros : all game modes make progression for battlepass Cons: everything else - nerf to rewards, reduced blueprints ( 318 universals , 100 National blueprints ) for f2p , double for Paying customers. season 4 upto 240 this includes paid improved battlepass    this is utter garbage -  Then old battlepass 8k bonds if you completed the 100 elite stages - this one max of 3k bonds -  BOUNTY EQUIPMENT IS NOW ONLY PAY TO GET - there is no equipment for free to play,,     this is utter garbage - as wargaming constantly takes something good then screws it over --- thats not including all the gold and money your going to have to spend 2500 gold per sstage just to pay for more tokens etc

Totally Completely Agree with everything you said.

I had been looking forward to playing Battle Pass again but I'm not rich and no way in hell I can or would Grind 150 stages for such a heavy reduction in rewards. 

Three times the work to get less than half the former reward.....No Way , No Grinding this time.

WG  keeps making it easy to play less and enjoy other things.

Edited by KAVIK_2017, Mar 24 2021 - 00:46.

viawot #15 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 08:47

Major

• Players
  • 23502 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Mar 11 2021 - 19:14, said:

I'm going to be playing X-Com Chimera until this season is over.

You're really going to play XCOM: Chimera Squad until June? Damn, and I thought I was hardcore XCOM fan... You go bro, that's just impressive at this point.

scottie_ #16 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 10:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30568 battles
  • [P-W] P-W
pay to play less and get more stuff, it's the WG business model...

silic0nes0ul #17 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 16:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34243 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

Why there is no option to downvote news like this. 

You have to do a total of 150 stages (that is almost 3,5 times the stages needed before) just to get 3 x 3D skins (one extra compared to what was before with the improved pass).

I guess the only benefit here is to let FTP players get all 3d skins with extreme grind and without gold. 

Plus, even if you will choose to grind this extreme challenge, no way to get the tank you want from the list without paying gold. 

WG clearly can do good events like Black Market (2021), and at the same time ruin others. 

Thanks, but no thanks. 

grego34 #18 Posted Mar 12 2021 - 20:15

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36809 battles

NO More "Elite Progression"-->Remember that your battle journey doesn't end with the completion of the Main Progression. Climb up the ranks in the Elite Progression to earn over 6,500 Bonds and amazing projection decals displaying your current Elite Progression Stage.

Edited by grego34, Mar 12 2021 - 20:16.

adc604 #19 Posted Mar 13 2021 - 01:15

Private

• Players
  • 7191 battles
Another hot steaming load of garbage pushed out by WG...

Ranger_Azereth #20 Posted Mar 13 2021 - 02:34

Private

• Players
  • 5381 battles

So far what it's worth as a returning player that doesn't have exposure to the previous passes I think this is mostly fine.

Personally the blueprints for me aren't a big deal and I think the premium pass with the premium time may be worthwhile depending on the cost of things.

I also would say I generally don't have an issue with paying to skip some grinds. Some people have time but no money, some have money but no time, and some have both/neither. F2P games can market to both sides of the aisle, but it definitely seems the community has some strong critics of the money/time or both sides of the market.

I'm with holding full judgement until I get some hands on experience but just my first impressions here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users