Jump to content


Incoming! 1.12 CT 1 is now available!

KRZY

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 19:09

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4879 battles
  • 1,368
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy Boom Jockeys! 

 

Check out what's coming up with the CT for 1.12.

 

Main Changes
Battle Interface Improvements
Players can set the default state of hull lock in Sniper mode in the game settings for tank destroyers and other vehicles with limited turret / gun traverse angles.

If enabled, the gameplay will remain unchanged.
If disabled, the gameplay will be similar to vehicles featuring Siege mode.
Players now have the option to switch hull lock in Sniper mode in battle using the "X" key.

New sounds for manual activation / deactivation of hull lock have been added.

Bootcamp
A training progress bar has been added to the congratulation and battle results windows, as well as the Bootcamp exit window.

Collapse

 

More information on this can be found HERE.



Cowcat137 #2 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 19:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 21267 battles
  • 9,783
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
Common test, Sandbox, Steel Hunter and Ranked all running together ? My cup runneth over.

madogthefirst #3 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 20:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 27063 battles
  • 10,462
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011
Finally can play TDs like a normal tank.

Youdda #4 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 20:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 77730 battles
  • 270
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013
Maps ?  Maps ?  All these new maps and nothing ? WG - MAPS! Duh

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 21:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 39469 battles
  • 4,992
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostYoudda, on Mar 25 2021 - 19:44, said:

Maps ?  Maps ?  All these new maps and nothing ? WG - MAPS! Duh

Because of the overwhelmingly negative feedback of the Crew 2.0 changes, introduction of new maps have been put on an indefinite hold. /s



killerman1997 #6 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 22:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35843 battles
  • 242
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012
Im glad they are passing on what arty can do, Lock the hull, good addition to the game.

bake3020 #7 Posted Mar 25 2021 - 22:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
Whats the point of this patch if your not going to nerf wheeled cancer, buff many more vehicles that really need it, and fix the numerous problems with this game?  This patch is utterly useless.

Karl_Ox #8 Posted Mar 26 2021 - 00:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20546 battles
  • 281
  • [INDIE] INDIE
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 25 2021 - 15:09, said:

Main Changes

Battle Interface Improvements
Players can set the default state of hull lock in Sniper mode in the game settings for tank destroyers and other vehicles with limited turret / gun traverse angles.

If enabled, the gameplay will remain unchanged.
If disabled, the gameplay will be similar to vehicles featuring Siege mode.
Players now have the option to switch hull lock in Sniper mode in battle using the "X" key.

New sounds for manual activation / deactivation of hull lock have been added.

Bootcamp
A training progress bar has been added to the congratulation and battle results windows, as well as the Bootcamp exit window.

Collapse

 

More information on this can be found HERE.

 

We've been able to lock hull traverse while on sniper mode for years. At least, 2013, most likely earlier as well, although I don't remember the state of affairs of that particular feature any earlier than that.

The only new things here are the option to set it up from the get-go and the associated sounds.

I don't know if we're having failure to communicate here, or the developers live on another world.



Bring_The_Rain #9 Posted Mar 26 2021 - 18:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35381 battles
  • 712
  • [MOXEY] MOXEY
  • Member since:
    04-05-2012

If you are going to continually take mods and push them into the game can i suggest "auto aim extended"?


Its the only mod that I really use, xvm at times. No offense but you are kind of blatantly taking mods that you like at this point and putting them into the game. Not that I'm upset but I'm sure the mod makers are. 

 

Also disabling the lock in place mechanic was a mod for a long time.



Gravitymint #10 Posted Mar 26 2021 - 19:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10630 battles
  • 53
  • [MUTED] MUTED
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View Postbake3020, on Mar 25 2021 - 22:11, said:

Whats the point of this patch if your not going to nerf wheeled cancer, buff many more vehicles that really need it, and fix the numerous problems with this game?  This patch is utterly useless.

134 battles you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, these are quality of life changes for the game, nothings wrong with wheels other than the few who have poor internet connect or a laggy/low performance system, back to the cave!



Saint_Metagross #11 Posted Mar 26 2021 - 20:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29484 battles
  • 815
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGravitymint, on Mar 26 2021 - 10:15, said:

134 battles you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, these are quality of life changes for the game, nothings wrong with wheels other than the few who have poor internet connect or a laggy/low performance system, back to the cave!

 

To be fair, wheeled vehicles are still a bit OP compared to other "normal" light tanks.  There are, of course, some light tanks that are just as good.

 

But, hey, what do I know, I only have close to 30k battles...but, if battle count is what means one can say the following, than the following is directed to you: back to the GARAGE.

 

Our tanks our in garages, not caves after all.

 

That said, I never had an issue with hull lock at all.  For those that do not know, you can already, in live, turn it on and off again, at will.  Just go to controls and near the top you will see "Lock Hull / Switch Mode".  Default key is already the X button.  Of course, this is only for normal view and not sniper mode.  For sniper mode you have to push "A" and "D" (or whatever your turning keys are) to turn the tank.  Though, at one point, I do remember being able to turn Hull Lock on and off while in sniper mode so you could turn with mouse scrolling.  Not sure when that ceased.

 

All they really needed to do was re-allow us to simply activate hull lock and deactivate hull lock while in sniper mode, which they are.  The ability to make it so that is off by default...is not actually needed.



docroberts #12 Posted Mar 26 2021 - 20:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22506 battles
  • 1,555
  • [TONKX] TONKX
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013

View PostGravitymint, on Mar 26 2021 - 12:15, said:

134 battles you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, these are quality of life changes for the game, nothings wrong with wheels other than the few who have poor internet connect or a laggy/low performance system, back to the cave!

Havent you ever seen a alt account , just for posting to forums . 



Gravitymint #13 Posted Mar 27 2021 - 19:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10630 battles
  • 53
  • [MUTED] MUTED
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Mar 26 2021 - 20:00, said:

 

To be fair, wheeled vehicles are still a bit OP compared to other "normal" light tanks.  There are, of course, some light tanks that are just as good.

 

But, hey, what do I know, I only have close to 30k battles...but, if battle count is what means one can say the following, than the following is directed to you: back to the GARAGE.

 

Our tanks our in garages, not caves after all.

 

That said, I never had an issue with hull lock at all.  For those that do not know, you can already, in live, turn it on and off again, at will.  Just go to controls and near the top you will see "Lock Hull / Switch Mode".  Default key is already the X button.  Of course, this is only for normal view and not sniper mode.  For sniper mode you have to push "A" and "D" (or whatever your turning keys are) to turn the tank.  Though, at one point, I do remember being able to turn Hull Lock on and off while in sniper mode so you could turn with mouse scrolling.  Not sure when that ceased.

 

All they really needed to do was re-allow us to simply activate hull lock and deactivate hull lock while in sniper mode, which they are.  The ability to make it so that is off by default...is not actually needed.

They're not, they're only OP because some players just lack the overall assets to be-able to handle the situation on a wheeled circling them, they have little to no view range so basically ANY bush is gonna give you enough camo value to spot them by the time they drive into range, and depending on if you have bush TD's he's probably gonna be dead before he really even affects your battle, and if it's a good wheeled player, than of course he deserve to beable to steamroll players because he's taken the time to understand the game and learn from experiences to play better... yea 30k battles in tiers lower than 6, you're a Seal Clubber, you know about as much as the 134 battle guys, you can't play anything high tier because it's too strategic and forces you to have to understand the game and learn to be successful at them... So instead you choose to stick to lower tiers like 5-6 and bully new players because they don't know any better at 1,000 battles, therefore ruining peoples experience of the game and possibly just making them out-right stop playing. You can head back to the Cave aswell Troll.

View Postdocroberts, on Mar 26 2021 - 20:14, said:

Havent you ever seen a alt account , just for posting to forums . 

Seen plenty, still doesn't mean you cant callem out for hiding, whats so bad about their main account? a 46% winrate? Atleast show you've played the game enough to understand the broken factors of it that WG ignores, instead of calling things broken just because you EITHER dont understand or cant learn to play around them and overcome a 330 view range...



Saint_Metagross #14 Posted Mar 28 2021 - 03:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29484 battles
  • 815
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGravitymint, on Mar 27 2021 - 10:44, said:

They're not, they're only OP because some players just lack the overall assets to be-able to handle the situation on a wheeled circling them, they have little to no view range so basically ANY bush is gonna give you enough camo value to spot them by the time they drive into range, and depending on if you have bush TD's he's probably gonna be dead before he really even affects your battle, and if it's a good wheeled player, than of course he deserve to beable to steamroll players because he's taken the time to understand the game and learn from experiences to play better... yea 30k battles in tiers lower than 6, you're a Seal Clubber, you know about as much as the 134 battle guys, you can't play anything high tier because it's too strategic and forces you to have to understand the game and learn to be successful at them... So instead you choose to stick to lower tiers like 5-6 and bully new players because they don't know any better at 1,000 battles, therefore ruining peoples experience of the game and possibly just making them out-right stop playing. You can head back to the Cave aswell Troll.

Seen plenty, still doesn't mean you cant callem out for hiding, whats so bad about their main account? a 46% winrate? Atleast show you've played the game enough to understand the broken factors of it that WG ignores, instead of calling things broken just because you EITHER dont understand or cant learn to play around them and overcome a 330 view range...

Not going to talk Wheeled vehicles with you, obvious we will not see eye to eye with each other.  Though, now that I think about it, you mean mods when you mention assets.  Well, to that, all I say is, if you need mods to help you kill a tank, that just means the tank is a bit OP.  And, if you meant brains, eyes, hands, etc.  Well, everyone has them, so, that is not even a true argument you made.

 

But, 30k battles at tiers lower than tier 6...that is a very false statement you made.

Seriously, click my name, you'd notice that my most common tier of play is tier 8 at 8807 battles followed by tier 5 at 5991.

In total I have played only 13,464 battles at tiers 1 to 6 and 15,865 battles at tiers 7 or higher.

 

Seriously, stop trying to insult people and actually try to have a conversation.


Edited by Saint_Metagross, Mar 28 2021 - 03:58.


cloudwalking #15 Posted Mar 29 2021 - 16:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,059
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

View PostYoudda, on Mar 25 2021 - 20:44, said:

Maps ?  Maps ?  All these new maps and nothing ? WG - MAPS! Duh

 

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 25 2021 - 21:37, said:

Because of the overwhelmingly negative feedback of the Crew 2.0 changes, introduction of new maps have been put on an indefinite hold. /s

 

In the meantime ComE ChEck OuT oUr NeW pRemIUMs in ShOP.

 

(puts 10 new premium tanks in shop for ridiculous prices with ridiculous bundles) Maps are on the way guys...promise!...

 

Also, Gravity...wheelbola is a problem and a vast majority of even high level players understand that in their own right wheelbolas are just as broken as arty.  They do things that should not be possible in the game, period.  Nothing in the game should be able to light the entire enemy team in 15sec from spawn in unless you're playing trash like Ensk and Mines where the entire map is 100km wide.  Not to mention that bush camping against wheelbola doesn't work, especially at top tier when the wheelbola can easily have 450m of vision.

 

57k games at 60% w/r and an avg tier of just under 9 on my account before you hit me with the '198 battles?'.  2011 beta player that got mass reported by a few certain individuals and WG mods aren't intelligent enough to understand when someone is being pegged and mass reported by alt accounts...so here I am.


Edited by cloudwalking, Mar 29 2021 - 16:19.


CAPTMUDDXX #16 Posted Mar 31 2021 - 19:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18097 battles
  • 321
  • [DAMN] DAMN
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012
Where is there access to the CT? There is no method shown anywhere to access it.

Altwar #17 Posted Mar 31 2021 - 20:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 62973 battles
  • 6,717
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on Mar 31 2021 - 10:59, said:

Where is there access to the CT? There is no method shown anywhere to access it.

 

Discussion on how to get to Common Test is here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-12-1-ct1/

 

It amounts to this: 

In order to participate in the test using the Wargaming.net Game Center.

  • The Wargaming.net Game Center will download all the additional data
  • Start playing

 

So start up the Wargaming.net Game Center.

In the World of Tanks tab, you'll see in the upper left corner "Game instance":

Select the drop down menu next to it. 

Instead of World of Tanks North America select World of Tanks Common Test.

Hit Play button.

 

if you don't already have the Common Test server loaded, you can find it here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/public-test-w5/



CAPTMUDDXX #18 Posted Mar 31 2021 - 21:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18097 battles
  • 321
  • [DAMN] DAMN
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View PostAltwar, on Mar 31 2021 - 14:04, said:

 

Discussion on how to get to Common Test is here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-12-1-ct1/

 

It amounts to this: 

In order to participate in the test using the Wargaming.net Game Center.

  • The Wargaming.net Game Center will download all the additional data
  • Start playing

 

So start up the Wargaming.net Game Center.

In the World of Tanks tab, you'll see in the upper left corner "Game instance":

Select the drop down menu next to it. 

Instead of World of Tanks North America select World of Tanks Common Test.

Hit Play button.

 

if you don't already have the Common Test server loaded, you can find it here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/public-test-w5/

Thanks I found it.



CAPTMUDDXX #19 Posted Apr 01 2021 - 01:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18097 battles
  • 321
  • [DAMN] DAMN
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View PostAltwar, on Mar 31 2021 - 14:04, said:

 

Discussion on how to get to Common Test is here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-12-1-ct1/

 

It amounts to this: 

In order to participate in the test using the Wargaming.net Game Center.

  • The Wargaming.net Game Center will download all the additional data
  • Start playing

 

So start up the Wargaming.net Game Center.

In the World of Tanks tab, you'll see in the upper left corner "Game instance":

Select the drop down menu next to it. 

Instead of World of Tanks North America select World of Tanks Common Test.

Hit Play button.

 

if you don't already have the Common Test server loaded, you can find it here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/public-test-w5/

Is there a schedule for access to the CT server I have tried twice since 1900 US Central Time and cannot connect.



CAPTMUDDXX #20 Posted Apr 01 2021 - 13:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18097 battles
  • 321
  • [DAMN] DAMN
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View PostAltwar, on Mar 31 2021 - 14:04, said:

 

Discussion on how to get to Common Test is here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-12-1-ct1/

 

It amounts to this: 

In order to participate in the test using the Wargaming.net Game Center.

  • The Wargaming.net Game Center will download all the additional data
  • Start playing

 

So start up the Wargaming.net Game Center.

In the World of Tanks tab, you'll see in the upper left corner "Game instance":

Select the drop down menu next to it. 

Instead of World of Tanks North America select World of Tanks Common Test.

Hit Play button.

 

if you don't already have the Common Test server loaded, you can find it here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/public-test-w5/

The link for the CT Server you provide directs me to download the main game NA client again not the test server.







Also tagged with KRZY

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users