Can't get anywhere with ranked

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

slavsickle #21 Posted Apr 05 2021 - 14:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6725 battles

View PostJaguarz, on Apr 04 2021 - 14:57, said:

Nonsense, in pubs people have nothing to lose, in ranked they lose chevrons and standing towards their super l33t free tonk and as a result the play in ranked is infinitely more campy and conservative.

You sure about that? People 3 mark tanks in pubs, or do missions, pressure to succeed is high. I play ranked for fun, got all my rewards now just messing about.

hauptmanbubba #22 Posted Apr 05 2021 - 19:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13300 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postcoconut2011, on Apr 04 2021 - 07:30, said:

If you want to play ranked without too much pressure, get Object 261 AND CGC.  No need to be good.  That was how I got my ranked done.  In fact, I made credits with 261 overall without shooting premium shells.  I had to switch to CGC because the BP points were full.  With CGC, I had to shoot full gold, but the credit loss is not that significant comparing to regular tanks.

Otherwise, I would recommend 60TP.  50% HE, 40% HEAT and 10% AP.  Shoot mostly HE for consistent damages and hide your lower plate.

Wish I had picked up the 261 for the first season  ...  I might be looking at owning the 1B when this is over, but I'll have to get all 5 tokens to make it this time, that's not likely

I made it far enough to unlock the Kpz 50T with the T92 and the CGC artillery with a little help from the tier X Progetto medium and a few other tanks first season ... but gave up trying to get any further and just did the minimum 20 games for the second season

Sold off all of my tier 10s for the Black Market so I didn't have anything when ranked started.  Tried the Czech tier X since Skill likes it but I can't do anything with it  ... read your post and picked up the 261 and I'm doing quite well ... even did well enough to get chevrons on a loss and made double chevrons a few times

Will see if I can get enough credits to get the T92 or CGC back before rank ends

But then the wait times for arty in ranked can be pretty bad  ... it took 12 minutes once

:confused:

TastyPastry #23 Posted Apr 05 2021 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 34407 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

View Posthauptmanbubba, on Apr 05 2021 - 14:27, said:

But then the wait times for arty in ranked can be pretty bad  ... it took 12 minutes once

:confused:

It really should be longer to discourage sky cancer players. 

hauptmanbubba #24 Posted Apr 05 2021 - 19:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13300 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostTastyPastry, on Apr 05 2021 - 19:37, said:

It really should be longer to discourage sky cancer players. 

:teethhappy:

Jaguarz #25 Posted Apr 05 2021 - 19:44

Captain

• Players
  • 9265 battles

View Postslavsickle, on Apr 05 2021 - 14:24, said:

You sure about that? People 3 mark tanks in pubs, or do missions, pressure to succeed is high. I play ranked for fun, got all my rewards now just messing about.

Yes, because anything you set yourself is intangible and meaningless because the onus in on you FROM you and unlike ranked there is no time based limitation whereas ranked is locked to a specific time per day and for a limited time overall.I play to win, usual maintain 60% but Im not going to lose anything from a loss and after getting in this seasons gold league and watching plenty of streams the variance in play is palpable and clearly noticeable.

I played ranked for 2 seasons for the Concept 1b, no other reason the mode is garbage personified.

Demonic671 #26 Posted Apr 08 2021 - 17:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27397 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View PostTastyPastry, on Apr 04 2021 - 18:37, said:

Ranked is basically the same as pubs. Players don't just magically play better or worse in pubs vs. ranked. Players who camp in pubs camp in ranked. Players who rush forwards and die in 2 mins in pubs die in 2 mins in ranked. 

I don't really agree with this. You can't suicide grind your way through ranked. You have to at least get to leagues which is a massive time sink for people purposefully not playing well

TastyPastry #27 Posted Apr 08 2021 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 34407 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP

View PostDemonic671, on Apr 08 2021 - 12:07, said:

I don't really agree with this. You can't suicide grind your way through ranked. You have to at least get to leagues which is a massive time sink for people purposefully not playing well

I suicide grinded my way through ranked. 

jester116th #28 Posted Apr 08 2021 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36798 battles
  • [GGIFT] GGIFT

View PostSurehoof, on Apr 03 2021 - 20:58, said:

Yeah, I'm not a very good player, lets get that out of the way. But certainly I'm not the worst. Statistically I'm average, yet I can't progress through the system. Is this how it is meant to be? Is it only a reward to the best of the best? Personally it feels like I get penalized heavy if I don't do well, and not rewarded when I do well. The chevron system with bonus battles seems like if you do well you get bonuses to do even better. I will say the MM really blows with this system. Obviously playing arty is rewarded more since the queue has more players with arty than all the other classes combined. It seems if I play a light tank (to which are always outclassed by the EBR for scoring) there are 4 other light tanks to compete with. If I don't play one, no one spots and the teams redline camp which is dreadful gameplay.

The worst part is I would really like the Skoda (tank collector) which seems barred now behind this system.

I'm open to suggestions to do better.

I really SUCK but I made it to 2nd Div rank 1 buy playing arty French tier 10, maybe you can try that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users