not real dont do this bad idea

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

NuR0t1K #1 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 569 battles
  • [TAB00] TAB00

Being new to PC and new to these forums, I thought I'd introduce myself by providing a helpful service to players new to World of Tanks in general. Yes, my stats are trash right now as I convert my gameplay from console, but I'm learning! Meanwhile, these tips will help anyone who is new to the game in any form and just needs someone to tell them what's what. Without further ado, I present my pro tips for beginners:

World of Tanks has a steep learning curve, and the in-game tutorials leave a lot to be desired. To be successful, the aspiring tanker must either learn the hard way or sift through mountains of third party content to gain any useful understanding of the game. Well I’m here to change that. Here are my top tips for new players - may they put you on the fast track to success!

1. Determine their numbers: if you’re in a scout tank, your first job is to race across the map and spot the red tanks before either team has had time to leave their spawns. By spotting the entire red team in an out-of-range lump, you’re helping your teammates get a count of how many reds there are! Of course, the tank class bar at the top of the screen holds the same information already, but it doesn’t hurt to double check. If during this maneuver you get destroyed, as you almost surely will, you can go back to the garage satisfied that you took one for the team.
  2. Save your silver: we all know repair costs can be expensive. One way to maximize your earnings is to ensure you’re never paying to repair your tank in a win. How? Simple - park your tank as far behind the combat zones as physically possible. This is especially important for heavy tanks, as they are bigger and have more surface area to paint with expensive camo. Keep yourself out of the fight and watch the silver roll in!
  3. Morale: knowing when to boost the morale of your teammates is essential. For instance, you may notice a green tank timidly poking around a corner, firing, then withdrawing back into cover like a coward. Give them some encouragement! The next time they pull forward to fire, move your tank into their vacated position. Better yet, give them a push to let them know you’ve got their back. You may notice your teammate turn their gun towards you while backing into you repeatedly, often accompanied by a “Negative!” That’s good! That’s your teammate’s way of saying, “No way the reds can win with you on my side!”
  4. The “Good Luck” tap: when you suspect a teammate is about to fire, especially a TD with high dispersion and a long reload, give them a friendly nudge of good luck. They’ll thank you for it.
  5. Secure the win: if your team is up 8 tanks to 3, help them secure the win by capturing the base. During the capture time you may notice your teammates saying, “Negative!” followed by, “Attack!” This is common tanker parlance for, “No way the reds can win now! Keep attacking those cap points!” Chances are you’ve not accumulated much damage in the game, since you’ve occupied yourself with being a helpful teammate instead of a selfish damage farmer, so the cap points are also a good way to increase your experience reward.
  6. Be relentless: when rolling forward in the open, inevitably red tanks will start shooting you. You may notice any accompanying greens veering off to cover or leaving the flank entirely. This is a good time to show the reds that you’re not afraid to lose hit points, while simultaneously showing the greens that cover is for sissies. You might get a shot in or you might vaporize before you can - either way, you took one for the team and showed others how best to play.
  7. Be a Couch Rommel: just because you’re dead doesn’t mean you’re out of the fight! Now is the time to repeatedly ping your location of death so the greens know where it happened. You might also consider pinging greens that are still alive as a note of encouragement from beyond the grave. It’s important to stay hydrated while playing video games - you can give your living teammates a helpful reminder of this by pinging their tank and then pinging a body of water. WG kindly gave us the ability to communicate while dead - use it!
  8. Pave the way: trees slow down your teammates. In games with artillery, make sure to knock down as many trees as possible so your teammates can get to the battle faster. What does artillery have to do with it? Beats me!
  9. Study the map: a major part of World of Tanks is getting familiar with the various maps and their most useful locations. The best way to do this is to wander aimlessly along the borders while the battle rages elsewhere. 
  10. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again: just because your shots bounced three times off the front slope of an enemy heavy doesn’t mean the next shot will! Keep shooting the exact same spot and you’re sure to wreck them in the end. Think about it - every time your shell hits, it chips away at the armor. Eventually it’ll be thin enough to get your shot through!

I hope these tips are helpful and give you a much needed edge in the battlefield. Roll out!

Edited by NuR0t1K, Apr 07 2021 - 14:34.

ndifference #2 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17789 battles
The majority of players already follow these tips.  :D

grim_898 #3 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10912 battles
  • [OMIT] OMIT
This is funny.

Zup77 #4 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59952 battles
6 is my favorite

_BobaFett #5 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 295 battles
  • [BOBA_] BOBA_
Excellent post.

NuR0t1K #6 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 569 battles
  • [TAB00] TAB00

View Postndifference, on Apr 07 2021 - 08:26, said:

The majority of players already follow these tips.  :D

+1 for Winston!

NuR0t1K #7 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 14:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 569 battles
  • [TAB00] TAB00

View Post_BobaFett, on Apr 07 2021 - 08:39, said:

Excellent post.

+1 for Boba Fett!

Zugh #8 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19500 battles
  • [BOOBS] BOOBS
Thanks for the chuckle!

GeneralButtBuster #9 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 3520 battles
  • [-02-] -02-
Global winrate averages on the rise, Average server Wn8 hits 2000, marking requirements begin skyrocketing...

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 81816 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Great post OP and love the sig - plus one.

Spoiler

Guido1212 #11 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:49

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 89035 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Hard to argue, solid advice all around.

BuggyBoat #12 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 5876 battles
  • [RANCH] RANCH

This is gold.

Gotta admit, I can be an insufferable couch Rommel...

dunniteowl #13 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 34783 battles

Warms the cockles of my heart to see such sage advice given.

Wing Up!

Tanks for the chuckles!

OvO

Cancel_Culture #14 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55187 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY
just play arty

Kritas #15 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 15:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4323 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

I can't wait to try out what I've learned here. Thanks!

That nice tall train track on Widepark would be the perfect ramp to launch my light tank into the enemy base right after leaving the cap circle. No one would ever guess that red tanks would be hiding behind it. My team will thank me!

Edited by Kritas, Apr 07 2021 - 16:38.

yruputin #16 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 16:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37057 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

"Keep yourself out of the fight and watch the silver roll in!" <

`

messed up suggestion that most of these " potato Rommel's" already practice. it's in the dictionary;)

Edited by yruputin, Apr 07 2021 - 16:27.

Cupujoe #17 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 11 battles
Words of wisdom. Anyone following this advice will no doubt be hearing from Mahou recruiters asap.

3aces #18 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 16:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37155 battles

View PostNuR0t1K, on Apr 07 2021 - 08:21, said:

Being new to PC and new to these forums, I thought I'd introduce myself by providing a helpful service to players new to World of Tanks in general. Yes, my stats are trash right now as I convert my gameplay from console, but I'm learning! Meanwhile, these tips will help anyone who is new to the game in any form and just needs someone to tell them what's what. Without further ado, I present my pro tips for beginners:

World of Tanks has a steep learning curve, and the in-game tutorials leave a lot to be desired. To be successful, the aspiring tanker must either learn the hard way or sift through mountains of third party content to gain any useful understanding of the game. Well I’m here to change that. Here are my top tips for new players - may they put you on the fast track to success!

1. Determine their numbers: if you’re in a scout tank, your first job is to race across the map and spot the red tanks before either team has had time to leave their spawns. By spotting the entire red team in an out-of-range lump, you’re helping your teammates get a count of how many reds there are! Of course, the tank class bar at the top of the screen holds the same information already, but it doesn’t hurt to double check. If during this maneuver you get destroyed, as you almost surely will, you can go back to the garage satisfied that you took one for the team.
  2. Save your silver: we all know repair costs can be expensive. One way to maximize your earnings is to ensure you’re never paying to repair your tank in a win. How? Simple - park your tank as far behind the combat zones as physically possible. This is especially important for heavy tanks, as they are bigger and have more surface area to paint with expensive camo. Keep yourself out of the fight and watch the silver roll in!
  3. Morale: knowing when to boost the morale of your teammates is essential. For instance, you may notice a green tank timidly poking around a corner, firing, then withdrawing back into cover like a coward. Give them some encouragement! The next time they pull forward to fire, move your tank into their vacated position. Better yet, give them a push to let them know you’ve got their back. You may notice your teammate turn their gun towards you while backing into you repeatedly, often accompanied by a “Negative!” That’s good! That’s your teammate’s way of saying, “No way the reds can win with you on my side!”
  4. The “Good Luck” tap: when you suspect a teammate is about to fire, especially a TD with high dispersion and a long reload, give them a friendly nudge of good luck. They’ll thank you for it.
  5. Secure the win: if your team is up 8 tanks to 3, help them secure the win by capturing the base. During the capture time you may notice your teammates saying, “Negative!” followed by, “Attack!” This is common tanker parlance for, “No way the reds can win now! Keep attacking those cap points!” Chances are you’ve not accumulated much damage in the game, since you’ve occupied yourself with being a helpful teammate instead of a selfish damage farmer, so the cap points are also a good way to increase your experience reward.
  6. Be relentless: when rolling forward in the open, inevitably red tanks will start shooting you. You may notice any accompanying greens veering off to cover or leaving the flank entirely. This is a good time to show the reds that you’re not afraid to lose hit points, while simultaneously showing the greens that cover is for sissies. You might get a shot in or you might vaporize before you can - either way, you took one for the team and showed others how best to play.
  7. Be a Couch Rommel: just because you’re dead doesn’t mean you’re out of the fight! Now is the time to repeatedly ping your location of death so the greens know where it happened. You might also consider pinging greens that are still alive as a note of encouragement from beyond the grave. It’s important to stay hydrated while playing video games - you can give your living teammates a helpful reminder of this by pinging their tank and then pinging a body of water. WG kindly gave us the ability to communicate while dead - use it!
  8. Pave the way: trees slow down your teammates. In games with artillery, make sure to knock down as many trees as possible so your teammates can get to the battle faster. What does artillery have to do with it? Beats me!
  9. Study the map: a major part of World of Tanks is getting familiar with the various maps and their most useful locations. The best way to do this is to wander aimlessly along the borders while the battle rages elsewhere. 
  10. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again: just because your shots bounced three times off the front slope of an enemy heavy doesn’t mean the next shot will! Keep shooting the exact same spot and you’re sure to wreck them in the end. Think about it - every time your shell hits, it chips away at the armor. Eventually it’ll be thin enough to get your shot through!

I hope these tips are helpful and give you a much needed edge in the battlefield. Roll out!

I already do all of those things. Seems like great minds think alike. 

Markd73 #19 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA
Funny stuff +1

redjkent #20 Posted Apr 07 2021 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 118057 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
this is some good stuff great post lol