Upcoming Clan Wars Maintenance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
164 replies to this topic

Belesarius #81 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:36

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
It already is IIRC.  Check to see if the UC website is available. No CWs for the next 2 days, maybe 3 if it goes long.

treizebee #82 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostXpedience, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:32, said:

so when exactly does this go into effect? Do we have CW fights tonight? and then it goes into effect?

They started already. At 15:00 eastern. Map is in the "stuck at calculating" phase which means it is down.

Yes. That means it was a 1 hour and 40 minute notice for something that was planned for patch 7.0.

lozarus #83 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:38

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles
Maybe in their wisdom we will get a rollback, only active populations will tell...

BlindProphet #84 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLozarus, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:38, said:

Maybe in their wisdom we will get a rollback, only active populations will tell...

Well they already refuse to listen to us... so I doubt any sort of rollback

Xpedience #85 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
welp.. see you guys in a few days again.. good luck? lol

Mo_b_Us #86 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 22:52

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
You know the more I think about these changes the more I see them as very advantageous to the clans with the best players, this is going to be bad for the smaller/newer/less experienced clans, this is going to make it much harder them, the meta games is much easier this way.  Alliances change a bit in purpose and value as it relates to alliance members, but it still favors the bigger clans.  Those clans with multiple clans can have their reserve clan stay off the map literally in reserve in case an LZ get's breached.  The clans that have the best guns will have the best win averages on their LZ's.  The smaller less capable clans will be the obvious targets for those with no land.

Sure you can have a couple of clans get into an epeen pissing contest and one pull up all of their stacks just to attack the other one, there are several scenario's where "interesting" things can happen.  But on the whole this will put an even greater stagnation in the game.

I feel sorry for the up and comers, their life just got much harder.

turtle722 #87 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:02

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostFriction1957, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:52, said:

I have to agree.  My clan is on the map but we are pretty spread out.  The timing of this couldn't have been worse.  We were preparing for 7.0 and working with alliances on carving out a niche.  Now it is to darn late.

Second, say we are mildly successufl in consolidating sometihng in NW Africa.  Now we can not be any use to any other clans for alliances in trying to come in and help with LZs.  Second, if we feel ready to take on the big boys, we can't.  We can't enter a landing with MLP, MSW, AOD, 116th, Havok to test our selves, since we have land...  We cannot try and move to a higher income area, without hitting the reset button.  I like some of the changes in general, but the no landing rule is terrible IMO.

Lastly, we typically do 3 landing tourneys a night, get 6-8 good games in.  Rotate clan members, try new strategies etc.  Now we will get 1-3 battles a night, and they will all be for land.  Now only the top tier people will get to play, and there will be very few battles.  How do you build up 2-3 good teams when there are only 1-3 battles?  Practice rooms just aren't the same, fighting each other just isn't the same.

scharnhorst310 #88 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:08

Major

• 0 battles
only way I think this becomes interesting is if they wipe the map. Most of these larger clans are already pretty well positioned to absorb all this because they have numerous partners protecting their sides. A wipe would make it a scrabble and and be hard to stabilize everything.

Xpedience #89 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postscharnhorst310, on Oct 11 2011 - 23:08, said:

only way I think this becomes interesting is if they wipe the map. Most of these larger clans are already pretty well positioned to absorb all this because they have numerous partners protecting their sides. A wipe would make it a scrabble and and be hard to stabilize everything.
lets reset.. and say MSW, AOD and MLP like where they are now. Do you think in a couple of weeks time they couldnt just restablish themselves?

HooterChaser #90 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
My post has nothing to do with my tags, my clan's land, nor internet gold. I'm speaking for myself as a long time gamer. I've seen companies like "LargeTip" (close to real name of German company) and "Nexoff" (close to real name of a Korean company) lose massive amounts of players over the years on some of their most popular games. My view is WarGaming is starting to go down the same road. There would be nothing wrong with this update IF WG was actually addressing major problems that already exist. I've already seen plenty who have moved on to other games...and they sure aren't taking a break for some planes, battleships, trains, ufos, Tonka dumptrucks, etc. What may be working in Russian is falling apart in North America. Does WarGaming actually think that someone hasn't seen the mild success and isn't currently working on becoming a competitor? Word is hacking is rampant now on the Russian server and already has happened on NA multiple times. There are some great FPS games that are dead because of poor security. Schedules are not met over and over, yet tanks are introduced that don't fit the genre, but appear to be catering a server that isn't even run by WG (chinese). I mean WWII was over well before 1958. Tank trees have become stagnant for many of us, especially when we grind our butts off and WG drops the ball. Matchmaking is far from perfect and numerous times doesn't even put it at 15 vs 15 (been in about a dozen 3 vs 2 type matches). Russian server has lots of maps and we are stuck with 2. There are plenty of posts that outline other problems. Was this update needed...yes. Was this done professionally...no. Are players, like myself, changing minds of long-term playing of WOT...yes. WG better take a look at things because I know I'm not the only "Wallet-Warrior"/"Financial Contributor to WG's Economic Success" that is seriously starting to look at other games (and the competition for NA's dollars is about to get real heated with BF3 and SWTOR coming out).

isile #91 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I agree with conflict on the unprofessionalism in doing this ninja patch.

i even am not really thrilled with the changes completely, but as with all games, you adapt or get passed up..

What bothers me more is that there is no specific time listed as an official restart date. "up to 60 hours and maybe longer"...Really? I won't even be able to give my guys any official time off to work on Family/Wife faction. this is like when the cable company sets up appointment with a 6 hour window, except this one is UP TO 60 hours +.

good work wargaming...

BlindProphet #92 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHooterChaser, on Oct 11 2011 - 23:19, said:

Was this done professionally...no. Are players, like myself, changing minds of long-term playing of WOT...yes. WG better take a look at things because I know I'm not the only "Wallet-Warrior"/"Financial Contributor to WG's Economic Success" that is seriously starting to look at other games (and the competition for NA's dollars is about to get real heated with BF3 and SWTOR coming out).

100% agree.  No communication.  No warning.  Out and out lieing to us that this was part of 7.0 when its very much not at this point.  I already decided not to spend any more on the game and mostly play just for clan wars.  But its getting harder and harder to justify even that when the devs and most especially the NA team just doesn't give a damn, or if they do they don't show it.

jackal40 #93 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:23, said:

This was revealed as part of the recent developer Q&A posted on September 20th: http://game.worldoft...atures-and-more
Yes, that article discusses the upcoming changes, however, it did not provide any announcement of their implementation (other than saying as part of 7.0 or 7.1). Less than 2 hours notice isn't much, there is certainly more notice given for other patches and events.

As usual, something else is going on that we players aren't privy to which means we get to deal with the sandwich.

scharnhorst310 #94 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:35

Major

• 0 battles

View PostXpedience, on Oct 11 2011 - 23:17, said:

lets reset.. and say MSW, AOD and MLP like where they are now. Do you think in a couple of weeks time they couldnt just restablish themselves?
Absolutely agree that you could in a few weeks of constant work... better then just keeping the status quo?

Mo_b_Us #95 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjackal40, on Oct 11 2011 - 23:34, said:

Yes, that article discusses the upcoming changes, however, it did not provide any announcement of their implementation (other than saying as part of 7.0 or 7.1). Less than 2 hours notice isn't much, there is certainly more notice given for other patches and events.

As usual, something else is going on that we players aren't privy to which means we get to deal with the sandwich.

Dude everyone knows this is a security patch.  They dont want to admit publicly that there are security issues, so they dress up a couple of the 7.0 changes that they already have coded and call it a pre 7.0 update.

Personally I'll take the stupid stuff to get the security in ASAP as is needed.

Seachest #96 Posted Oct 12 2011 - 00:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostDocSpanky, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:20, said:

Seems like you miss the point of clan wars dude. its not a camping ground its ment to be a battle ground. more clans on map=more battles less camping for gold.
This is the problem yourself and many others have with this game you see GOLD FIELD instead of BATTLE FIELD.

Personally (My views not my clans), I am not interested in the Gold on the Clan Wars map, but being able to jump on other landing zones for a change of pace is nice; end up with 6-10 battles a night instead of one, this change makes it 1 while you hold territory and a LZ, multiple if you lose your LZ.  If I may ask, if you hold a LZ, how are you getting more fights if other clans cannot get in-land to attack a clan from the other side?  

The gold is a nice incentive to work hard in Clan Wars, but look at the example below:

Clan A holds a Landing zone that links into 4 territories.  Clan B successfully lands that LZ and drops an HQ.  Clan B "Death Blossoms" on Clan A.  Clan A successfully defends the first night, Clan B defends the LZ the first night.  Clan B still has their HQ, Clan A cannot land the Landing Zone to take out the HQ.  Clan B "Death Blossoms" again on Clan A.  This process repeats for several nights until Clan B gains a foothold in Clan A's territory and Clan A is wiped off the map; or unable to defend against that.

Personally, I dont mind so much not being able to land the landing zones, what bugs me is that any clan can drop their HQ on a LZ and throw all their chips in all directions, and you cannot take out their HQ, so it keeps going night after night.  Most clans under that kind of bombardment would just get off the map and start over by re-landing and re-claiming the lost territory.  

Personal Suggestion: If WG changed the coding to where the HQ CAN ONLY BE PLACED on IN-LAND territory, then this change might be more welcomed by some clans (this forces clans to get an In-Land province before they can drop their HQ).

Also the security issues need to be resolved ASAP.

Keifomofutu #97 Posted Oct 12 2011 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
People tend to look at the landing zone change from only the NA perspective. But I feel a large reason for the change could have a lot to do with the maxed out landing tourneys on the Russian server. Over there there is a possibility that a landless clan won't even get to apply to land where they want in the timezone they want on a given day; let alone win the tourney and get a chance to land after a very long tournament. This change will remove a lot of the repeat landings by large clans who are already established on the map.

BlackChoc #98 Posted Oct 12 2011 - 01:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Oh my God, the egos in here are huge.
There is more than 1 clan on the map ya know?

They surprised us with CW Beta so why wouldn't they do it again with patches?

Its a good thing, forces the better clans to fight land battles for land.
The smart ones will get their back to a wall on the map and get away from LZs so the smaller clans that get on will fight each other out.

I wouldn't count the smaller clans out though, just because they arnt as awesome as some other said clans on the map they can still do some damage.
Many larger clans seem to forget they started out small aswell.

Should be fun.

Cheers

genarfa #99 Posted Oct 12 2011 - 01:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostFriction1957, on Oct 11 2011 - 22:52, said:

You know the more I think about these changes the more I see them as very advantageous to the clans with the best players, this is going to be bad for the smaller/newer/less experienced clans, this is going to make it much harder them, the meta games is much easier this way.  Alliances change a bit in purpose and value as it relates to alliance members, but it still favors the bigger clans.  Those clans with multiple clans can have their reserve clan stay off the map literally in reserve in case an LZ get's breached.  The clans that have the best guns will have the best win averages on their LZ's.  The smaller less capable clans will be the obvious targets for those with no land.

Sure you can have a couple of clans get into an epeen pissing contest and one pull up all of their stacks just to attack the other one, there are several scenario's where "interesting" things can happen.  But on the whole this will put an even greater stagnation in the game.

A work around was already brought up regarding this change whilst NASA was still working together or dont u remember that?  :Smile_harp: And despite Xped's complaining This change actually helps the larger alliances if ur prepared to put up with a few administration headaches

Conflict #100 Posted Oct 12 2011 - 01:08

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBlackChoc, on Oct 12 2011 - 01:02, said:

Oh my God, the egos in here are huge.
There is more than 1 clan on the map ya know?

They surprised us with CW Beta so why wouldn't they do it again with patches?

Its a good thing, forces the better clans to fight land battles for land.
The smart ones will get their back to a wall on the map and get away from LZs so the smaller clans that get on will fight each other out.

I wouldn't count the smaller clans out though, just because they arnt as awesome as some other said clans on the map they can still do some damage.
Many larger clans seem to forget they started out small aswell.

Should be fun.

Cheers

Most of the best clans didn't start out small.

AOD, MLP, MS-W etc.

The only "small" clans that are good are ones that are members of other broken up clans.