• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted May 19 2021 - 13:50

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers, 

I normally use Aslains Mod Pack with XVM but it's not working today so I went into my first battle vanilla.  Sometimes, I'm good enough to know what MM dealt me even without XVM...

Today's Tune:  "Low Tier Loss" by Simon, the Matchmaker.  :bajan:

;)

__WarChild__

__WarChild__ #2 Posted May 19 2021 - 13:54

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

What makes these battles more fun for me is when the 0 damage artillery tells me that I'm bad because I died early.

Every so often, someone will tell me that because I died before them, I am a worse player.  But today, that artillery died FIRST on his way to his favorite spot.  :facepalm:

Good times.

__WarChild__

TryHard_TheHunter #3 Posted May 19 2021 - 13:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 128 battles
So I am not the only one that XVM is not working today.

LeaveIT2Beaver #4 Posted May 19 2021 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 42623 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN
Welcome to my WOT world!  Good thing its just a pixel game! :teethhappy:

Bushranger #5 Posted May 19 2021 - 13:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 56891 battles
Herein lies the issue with the game today, too many players in too high a tier for their skill level.  Its not MM that's the problem, just players that don't have a clue.  Its one thing to have a bad game and do zero damage, but when so many have a "bad" game it really takes the fun away.  I don't use mods, so I look at a player's stats after the game, and when you see their average damage per game, or the number of battles they've played, it can be cringeworthy.

Markd73 #6 Posted May 19 2021 - 14:03

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA
Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield.

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted May 19 2021 - 14:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50619 battles
  • [GPARD] GPARD

Happens to everyone, but yes, I agree XVM is for dumb dumbs

Cowcat137 #8 Posted May 19 2021 - 14:18

Major

• Players
  • 24083 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
GG

RealBattousai #9 Posted May 19 2021 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 60103 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA
I truly marvel that some of these people actually have brains functional enough to keep their body breathing...

__WarChild__ #10 Posted May 19 2021 - 14:58

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 19 2021 - 07:16, said:

Happens to everyone, but yes, I agree XVM is for dumb dumbs

Yes, I am one of the few players in the game that knows how to use XVM and not abuse it.  At least your game involved Tier VI's.  When I looked up some of the stats on my Tier IXs, it made me wonder why they keep moving UP the ladder.  :facepalm:

Good times.

__WarChild__

Zup77 #11 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:12

Captain

• Players
  • 62415 battles
I'm pretty low tech and so I have vanilla install. Many years ago I used XVM for a little while but every upgrade meant I had to update XVM and it always seemed to be a struggle for me. As mentioned, I'm pretty low tech and so instructions for software installs tend to frustrate me. What is main advantage from mods that make it worth me torturing myself again? 

CAPTMUDDXX #12 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:13

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 07:50, said:

Howdy Tankers, 

I normally use Aslains Mod Pack with XVM but it's not working today so I went into my first battle vanilla.  Sometimes, I'm good enough to know what MM dealt me even without XVM...

Today's Tune:  "Low Tier Loss" by Simon, the Matchmaker.  :bajan:

;)

__WarChild__

Enjoy the brief relief from XVM brain rot. For permanent relief and recovery quit using it.

Enjoy Random working as it should like the majority of players do.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:24

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on May 19 2021 - 08:13, said:

Enjoy the brief relief from XVM brain rot. For permanent relief and recovery quit using it.

Enjoy Random working as it should like the majority of players do.

To be honest, I'm much more game smart than the average player on the NA. I don't get XVM brain rot like most folks.  I use it as a tool and will continue to do so until Wargaming removes it as an option.  For me, it's a positive thing because I can use it as a tool to help me make better in-game choices to achieve victory and it also helps me with the pain of defeat when I see that I never had a chance to win in the first place.  Others, who use it as a crutch or an excuse, should definitely move away from it.

__WarChild__

Whistling_Death_ #14 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

XVM is broken and a real fun-killer in this game.  It should be removed.  According to XVM, the laws of mathematics, (the only perfect science), are invalid.  That of course can not be correct.  For example; 1+1 = 2.  It can not change. 

By the laws of mathematics and statistics, if we have 30 players to randomly select from to create two 15 player teams and we put all 30 names into a hat, shake them up and randomly select each name from the hat one by one, 1/3 of the players will be above average in perceived skill, 1/3 will be average and 1/3 will be below average.   By the laws of mathematics, selected randomly, aside from the occasional statistical anomaly, both teams will be about the same in perceived skill level.  Yet XVM says otherwise?  Clearly XVM is broken. 

Ashcan XVM.  You'll have a lot more fun and win many more battles.   :)

Edited by Whistling_Death_, May 19 2021 - 15:40.

CAPTMUDDXX #15 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:43

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 09:24, said:

To be honest, I'm much more game smart than the average player on the NA. I don't get XVM brain rot like most folks.  I use it as a tool and will continue to do so until Wargaming removes it as an option.  For me, it's a positive thing because I can use it as a tool to help me make better in-game choices to achieve victory and it also helps me with the pain of defeat when I see that I never had a chance to win in the first place.  Others, who use it as a crutch or an excuse, should definitely move away from it.

__WarChild__

I can understand the difference in post battle and pre battle use. 

Post as a critique I am sure is helpful until starting MM rigged threads.

The same applies to pre battle use for personal strategy until one displays them in a MM rigged, team balance skewed thread.

Used and kept to oneself fine. The broadcasting of it is the brain rot.

Whistling_Death_ #16 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 09:24, said:

__WarChild__

Always play every battle vs. every team, vs. every player the best you possibly can. This way, every opponent gets your best.  If XVM tells us we don't have a good chance of winning, (statistically impossible), what happens?  We are resigned to defeat, we don't try as hard, we don't play as well and, (drum roll), we lose.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dump XVM.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, May 19 2021 - 16:45.

__WarChild__ #17 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:44

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 08:39, said:

XVM is broken and a real fun-killer in this game.  It should be removed.  According to XVM, the laws of mathematics, (the only perfect science), are invalid.  That of course can not be correct.  For example; 1+1 = 2.  It can not change. 

By the laws of mathematics and statistics, if we have 30 players to randomly select from to create two 15 player teams and we put all 30 names into a hat, shake them up and randomly select each name from the hat one by one, 1/3 of the players will be above average in perceived skill, 1/3 will be average and 1/3 will be below average.   By the laws of mathematics, selected randomly, aside from the occasional statistical anomaly, both teams will be about the same in perceived skill level.  Yet XVM says otherwise?  Clearly XVM is broken. 

I don't really have anything that I can contribute to most of what you said, but the highlighted portion isn't accurate.  I have more fun when I win, and XVM is one more tool for me to use to help me achieve that goal.  It's why anonymizer was put into the game.  Although I lose a little respect for those that use anonymizer, I completely understand why they use it.  I would be all for removing XVM and Anonymizer at the same time!

__WarChild__

CAPTMUDDXX #18 Posted May 19 2021 - 15:44

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 09:39, said:

AMEN!

__WarChild__ #19 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:12

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on May 19 2021 - 08:43, said:

I can understand the difference in post battle and pre battle use. 

Post as a critique I am sure is helpful until starting MM rigged threads.

The same applies to pre battle use for personal strategy until one displays them in a MM rigged, team balance skewed thread.

Used and kept to oneself fine. The broadcasting of it is the brain rot.

You're right, those who post "rigged" threads should not be using it at all. And I agree that most people should not use it in general.  As I said above, most folks abuse it and make it a negative experience.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 08:44, said:

Always play every battle vs. every team, vs. every player the best you possibly can. This way, every opponent gets your best.  If XVM tells us we don't have a good chance of winning, (statistically impossible), what happens?  We are resigned to defeat we don't try as hard, we don't play as well and, (drum roll), we lose.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Dump XVM.

I'm not sure why some folks cannot comprehend what I'm saying and somehow try to project onto me the thoughts that run through their own mind.  There are definitely different "layers" of players in our NA base, and my layer is different than yours.  You should never use XVM.  If you ever choose to watch NA streamers, like me, instead of EU streamers then you would see me comment at the beginning of battles that I have my work cut out for me and then I go about doing all I can to win the battle.  I have won plenty of games where my team looked worse from the start but we just played better. 

However, I do appreciate your comments that were clearly directed to other players.  ;)

__WarChild__

Mojo_Riesing #20 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

Like a lot of things XVM is what you make of it.

Right now, if you 're a person who hates it, you hate it, and who cares?  I don't. That's maybe your choice, and i (and others) get to have ours. Do some maybe abuse it? Probably.  Like stuff like that never happens? Do most abuse it? I doubt it.

Having folks tell me or others "oh you'll enjoy your game SOOO much more".  What a lot of nonsense!  Like it's their business to decide what make players happy. 

I would imagine that if Wargaming incorporated much of the cosmetics available from mods generally, and in particular the little things, like crew swapping mods, better display of data, different displays and so on, most players would be just happy to NOT have to keep updating and XVM would lose participation.  It would become more like any number of other data crunching websites spewing out the same things.

General observation here, over and over, we hear folks say "Let the free Market decide" and then when it does, a bunch get like "oh no, we didn't mean THAT."  Looks to me like market forces at work.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users