• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #21 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostBushranger, on May 19 2021 - 07:58, said:

Herein lies the issue with the game today, too many players in too high a tier for their skill level.  Its not MM that's the problem, just players that don't have a clue.  Its one thing to have a bad game and do zero damage, but when so many have a "bad" game it really takes the fun away.  I don't use mods, so I look at a player's stats after the game, and when you see their average damage per game, or the number of battles they've played, it can be cringeworthy.

Exactly!

When an experienced, accomplished player that has paid their dues and has many, many thousands of battles of experience and resulting knowledge is playing an advanced tier VIII+ battle, (even tier VI and up), they have every right to expect like-experienced teammates.  But after a battle, if we look at the Detailed Battle Report and the team roster, checking each player's total accumulated battles, it's not uncommon for about 20-30% of your advanced high tier teammates to have less than 3,000 battles of rookie inexperience, sometimes even a few hundred battles. This is tier I - III rookie-ville levels of inexperience.  It's like a high school football player trying to compete in the N.F.L.  It doesn't work.  Period.  It's not about someone being a, "good", or, "bad", player.  It's about a shocking lack of experience and there is no way to make up for that, although the rookies attempt to by firing Premium rounds at every tank, even if it has 1 mm of, "armor".  Lots of fun.  Not. This is not conducive to having fun battles. 

Teammates doing one-flank lemming-train fail auto-losses and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates abandoning flanks and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates not looking at the Minimap and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates not responding to calls for help from their teammates and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates not helping or supporting their teammates, but just sit back watching their teammates get blown up and then losing is, not fun. 

Teammates sitting in the back of the map, as far away as possible from the battle, giving up 90% of the Minimap to the enemy team for free, not getting their guns into the battle until all their teammates are already blown up, they are then greatly outnumbered and then losing, is not fun. 

Comparatively thinly armored medium tanks throwing away their speed and maneuverability advantage by going into street brawling situations with heavily armored heavy tanks and then losing, is not fun. 

Light scouting tanks sitting in the back of the map, not scouting, or going into towns to brawl with heavily armored heavy tanks, getting easily blown up and losing, is not fun. 

Slow, cumbersome heavy tanks driving out into an open field when the enemy team has artillery, getting blown up and then losing, is not fun. 

Thinly armored tank destroyers going into street brawling situations with heavily armored heavy tanks and then losing, is not fun. 

Blind as a bat SPG's roaming around the front lines, "I'll spot!", getting easily blown up and then losing, is not fun.

At spawning particularly, teammates blocking and ramming your light scouting tank so you can not get to a critically important scouting position early in the battle and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates bumping or ramming your tank, breaking its concealment so you're then seen, shot, blown and up and then losing, is not fun. 

Teammates shooting other teammates, causing distractions which can then get your tank blown up and losing, is not fun. 

Teammates capping the enemy base circle with just a few seconds left to victory who suddenly pull forward to shoot at enemy tanks allowing their tanks to get hit, resetting the base capture clock and then losing, is not fun.

Teammates drowning or suiciding their tanks, leaving their team short of tanks, screwing over all their teammates and then losing as a result, is not fun.

Teammates not using camouflage paint to increase the concealment rating of their tank, allowing themselves to be much easier to see, shoot and blow up, losing the battle as a result, is not fun.

Teammates pulling in right next to your tank in a foliage concealed location, then firing their gun, being spotted and drawing fire on to themselves and also your tank, losing the battle as a result, is not fun.

Teammates who don't want to win, but just hear their guns go, "Boom, boom, boom!", not caring if they win or lose, (It's just a game!), screwing over their teammates and then losing as a result, is not fun.

Teammates ramming/blocking/shoving your tank and causing a loss as a result, is not fun.

All of the above and more, are examples of horrendously bad gameplay and are to be expected at tiers I to IV, (the learning the game tiers for beginners), but not at higher tiers.  Yet with increasing frequency, this is exactly what we are experiencing in high tier battles.

This is the #1 problem with this game right now and it needs to be addressed.  High tier battles infested with rookie players are causing utter chaos in those battles and it's not fun.  You could be the best player in the world, but with rookie teammates in high tier battles, it's extremely difficult if not impossible to overcome.  The winner is more determined by luck than by skill.  Obviously not fun.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, May 19 2021 - 16:47.

Whistling_Death_ #22 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 10:12, said:

You're right, those who post "rigged" threads should not be using it at all. And I agree that most people should not use it in general.  As I said above, most folks abuse it and make it a negative experience.

I'm not sure why some folks cannot comprehend what I'm saying and somehow try to project onto me the thoughts that run through their own mind.  There are definitely different "layers" of players in our NA base, and my layer is different than yours.  You should never use XVM.  If you ever choose to watch NA streamers, like me, instead of EU streamers then you would see me comment at the beginning of battles that I have my work cut out for me and then I go about doing all I can to win the battle.  I have won plenty of games where my team looked worse from the start but we just played better. 

However, I do appreciate your comments that were clearly directed to other players.  ;)

__WarChild__

The back handed compliments are not appreciated. Thank you.

It's not at all about comprehending anything.  Thank you.

It's not at all about watching whatever live streamer or their geographic location, which anyone has a right to choose.  Thank you.

It's about XVM being broken.  It should not be used.  It's a huge fun killer in this game, for everyone.

Whistling_Death_ #23 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 09:44, said:

I don't really have anything that I can contribute to most of what you said, but the highlighted portion isn't accurate.  I have more fun when I win, and XVM is one more tool for me to use to help me achieve that goal.  It's why anonymizer was put into the game.  Although I lose a little respect for those that use anonymizer, I completely understand why they use it.  I would be all for removing XVM and Anonymizer at the same time!

__WarChild__

The point is, XVM is broken and it causes losses.  Winning is a lot more fun than losing.

Any player I know uses the Anonymizer to help filter out the unfortunately many nasty, venomous, bile spewing, hate filled, toxic and evil players in this game.  I personally feel that deserves a lot of respect if not applause.

__WarChild__ #24 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:47

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 19 2021 - 09:27, said:

Like a lot of things XVM is what you make of it.

Right now, if you 're a person who hates it, you hate it, and who cares?  I don't. That's maybe your choice, and i (and others) get to have ours. Do some maybe abuse it? Probably.  Like stuff like that never happens? Do most abuse it? I doubt it.

Having folks tell me or others "oh you'll enjoy your game SOOO much more".  What a lot of nonsense!  Like it's their business to decide what make players happy. 

I would imagine that if Wargaming incorporated much of the cosmetics available from mods generally, and in particular the little things, like crew swapping mods, better display of data, different displays and so on, most players would be just happy to NOT have to keep updating and XVM would lose participation.  It would become more like any number of other data crunching websites spewing out the same things.

General observation here, over and over, we hear folks say "Let the free Market decide" and then when it does, a bunch get like "oh no, we didn't mean THAT."  Looks to me like market forces at work.

Exactly!

View PostBushranger, on May 19 2021 - 06:58, said:

Herein lies the issue with the game today, too many players in too high a tier for their skill level.  Its not MM that's the problem, just players that don't have a clue.  Its one thing to have a bad game and do zero damage, but when so many have a "bad" game it really takes the fun away.  I don't use mods, so I look at a player's stats after the game, and when you see their average damage per game, or the number of battles they've played, it can be cringeworthy.

To me, when MM gives my team 10-12 players who don't have a clue and the enemy team only 2-3, then THAT is an MM issue.  

In my experience, when I take my Tier VIII heavy tank and load into a -2 game with a team filled with "clueless" players while the enemy team has a 279e platoon of unicums (on an open map with 3 artillery mind you), well...

So, for me and me alone, MM is the biggest determining factor in whether I even have the option of winning.

__WarChild__

Whistling_Death_ #25 Posted May 19 2021 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 77393 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Post__WarChild__, on May 19 2021 - 10:47, said:

Exactly!

To me, when MM gives my team 10-12 players who don't have a clue and the enemy team only 2-3, then THAT is an MM issue.  

In my experience, when I take my Tier VIII heavy tank and load into a -2 game with a team filled with "clueless" players while the enemy team has a 279e platoon of unicums (on an open map with 3 artillery mind you), well...

So, for me and me alone, MM is the biggest determining factor in whether I even have the option of winning.

__WarChild__

Matchmaker does not give or take.

Matchmaker does not select teams based on perceived skill.  It's random.  As previously discussed, aside from the occasional statistical anomaly, players selected randomly will result in teams being about the same in perceived skill.  This is a mathematical law.  It can not change.  1+1=2.  It's like dropping a 10 lb. weight from your hands, per the laws of physics, gravity, it will hit the ground.

For XVM to say 1+1 does not equal 2, that the 10 lb. weight will not hit the ground, this is rock solid evidence that XVM is broken.

Why use something that is broken, detracting from the enjoyment and fun of the game? :amazed:

It's not even developed by W.o.T. staff and can cause conflicts with the game software, resulting in the game crashing, freezes, visual errors, (like being shot through rocks, etc.), and other problems.  I've also read that mods leave a portal in the Firewall open for hackers to be able to gain access to someone's computer.

No thanks.  Way too many negatives associated with XVM or any mod.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, May 19 2021 - 17:25.

Klaatu_Nicto #26 Posted May 19 2021 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 44076 battles

I have one too I saved a screenshot of. This was a bunch of years ago before I changed my name. I was the last to die.

__WarChild__ #27 Posted May 19 2021 - 20:58

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 47448 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 09:39, said:

The back handed compliments are not appreciated. Thank you.

It's not at all about comprehending anything.  Thank you.

It's not at all about watching whatever live streamer or their geographic location, which anyone has a right to choose.  Thank you.

It's about XVM being broken.  It should not be used.  It's a huge fun killer in this game, for everyone.

I don't know what you're talking about, but it is clear to me that you do not understand (cannot comprehend) what I am saying.  You are focused on a tree and cannot therefore see the forest.  I do not know why you chose to engage me in this thread and not stick to your usual routine of regurgitating every video you find on the internet. At least when you do that, you are trying to add something useful to the community which is clearly appreciated by me and a few others.  When you start saying things like "XVM being broken" it highlights your particular, personal issues with something that obviously upsets you.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 09:43, said:

The point is, XVM is broken and it causes losses.  Winning is a lot more fun than losing.

Any player I know uses the Anonymizer to help filter out the unfortunately many nasty, venomous, bile spewing, hate filled, toxic and evil players in this game.  I personally feel that deserves a lot of respect if not applause.

I deny the premise of your made-up facts that you state as if they are true relating to XVM.

On the Anonymizer, folks use it because they're afraid to some degree: Good players - afraid of being focused/targeted, Bad players - afraid of getting called out in game, or the "nasty...." as you put it

I know great players who I respect a lot that use Anonymizer regularly.  However, I'd have more respect for them if they played so that everyone can see who they are.  It's a Free Forums, so I can have that opinion and you can have yours.  My basis for my opinion is completely different than yours and it's quite possible you won't get that either. No biggie.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on May 19 2021 - 09:53, said:

Matchmaker does not give or take.

Matchmaker does not select teams based on perceived skill.  It's random.  As previously discussed, aside from the occasional statistical anomaly, players selected randomly will result in teams being about the same in perceived skill.  This is a mathematical law.  It can not change.  1+1=2.  It's like dropping a 10 lb. weight from your hands, per the laws of physics, gravity, it will hit the ground.

For XVM to say 1+1 does not equal 2, that the 10 lb. weight will not hit the ground, this is rock solid evidence that XVM is broken.

Why use something that is broken, detracting from the enjoyment and fun of the game? :amazed:

It's not even developed by W.o.T. staff and can cause conflicts with the game software, resulting in the game crashing, freezes, visual errors, (like being shot through rocks, etc.), and other problems.  I've also read that mods leave a portal in the Firewall open for hackers to be able to gain access to someone's computer.

No thanks.  Way too many negatives associated with XVM or any mod.

Your attempt to go down multiple rabbit holes here doesn't work on me. I've already conclusively established everything there is to know about Matchmaker in a previous, wildly popular thread.  I'm sorry you missed the boat on that but nothing you say here in this post makes any sense OTHER than most players, like you, should NEVER use XVM.  That, we can ALL agree on.  So, well done on that comment!  :great:

Fire up the game and go get yourself some Happy Tanking! or if that doesn't do it, fire up a QB video and enjoy!!

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, May 19 2021 - 21:11.

BaconMeLoveIt #28 Posted May 20 2021 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 15815 battles
  • [VX] VX

Got tired of re-installing mods every time there is an update.

I'm just waiting for WG to have an equivalent function available in the client... like a simple garage, nothing fancy on the background.

Or the battle hits viewer equivalent.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users