Jump to content


Incoming! D-Day Missions: Operation Overlord


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

stabbymckill #1 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 17:37

    Community Intern

  • Players
  • 1234 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

Good morning Tankers, 

The 77th anniversary of the allied invasion of Europe is approaching quickly, and we are planning a two part operation of our own to help commemorate it! 





The event will be broken into two phases, the first beginning June 1  and the second beginning June 6 and running through June 15.  Earn liberation coins in each mission phase to purchase items from the Liberator Store!

There's quite a few details to follow on this one, so get them all in the article here. 

Happy tanking! 



tod914 #2 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 18:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 73910 battles
  • 10,772
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

Thanks Stabby.  Can the Liberation coins be applied towards the current Administration?

 

Spoiler

 

 



AcesHighMDP #3 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 18:24

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 50989 battles
  • 769
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010

Great event! One question, can I eat the poisonous apple BEFORE trying to do them?

Thanks.



Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 18:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 39828 battles
  • 7,120
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Yo Stabby, the news article inferred that the Liberation Coins could be used for Credits. However, there are no Credits listed in the Liberation Store.

Was that a misprint or oversite? Or, did it just mean that Credits could be earned via the individual missions?



youregod #5 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 19:27

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3469 battles
  • 23
  • [HUMRZ] HUMRZ
  • Member since:
    05-12-2021
the well deserved rewards is way better than liberations  crap, I mean store.

DrWho_ #6 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 19:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 42678 battles
  • 6,554
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

The Enigma thing may or may not be to everyone's taste, it's kinda cool but a few more hints about how to actually solve it would have been nice but overall I'll give it a plus

 

Kills by ramming missions however ..... sorry but that's just silly, it's silly in the campaign missions and it's silly here. Hopefully this will be the only one on the set



Englishman01 #7 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 21:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 59568 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    03-24-2015

 not one for these silly games ...i want to do the missions , have a target to aim for , if you want me to work out a code , give me some sort of key to work to ...

 



TheIncinerator #8 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 21:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10154 battles
  • 11
  • [50IST] 50IST
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014
Can I have a hint as to how to decode the message?

TheIncinerator #9 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 21:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10154 battles
  • 11
  • [50IST] 50IST
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014

View PostDrWho_, on Jun 01 2021 - 18:37, said:

The Enigma thing may or may not be to everyone's taste, it's kinda cool but a few more hints about how to actually solve it would have been nice but overall I'll give it a plus

 

Kills by ramming missions however ..... sorry but that's just silly, it's silly in the campaign missions and it's silly here. Hopefully this will be the only one on the set

Could you give me a hint or key for the code?



churchill50 #10 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 21:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 23685 battles
  • 3,118
  • [5HTTR] 5HTTR
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

View PostTheIncinerator, on Jun 01 2021 - 13:30, said:

Can I have a hint as to how to decode the message?

View PostTheIncinerator, on Jun 01 2021 - 13:35, said:

Could you give me a hint or key for the code?

 

There's more information in the WoT NA discord. Here's an invite:

https://discordapp.com/invite/wot-usa

 

They made an announcement in the #announcements channel this morning with all the settings for the Enigma Machine.

Also, if you go to the #engima-intercepts (someone made a typo) channel, there's some discussion in there about how to decode the missions.



DrWho_ #11 Posted Jun 01 2021 - 22:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 42678 battles
  • 6,554
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View Postchurchill50, on Jun 01 2021 - 21:58, said:

 

There's more information in the WoT NA discord. Here's an invite:

https://discordapp.com/invite/wot-usa

 

They made an announcement in the #announcements channel this morning with all the settings for the Enigma Machine.

Also, if you go to the #engima-intercepts (someone made a typo) channel, there's some discussion in there about how to decode the missions.

 

That's nice of them, I mean who visits the forums eh



AhijahElGaboor #12 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 02:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 115431 battles
  • 53
  • [1CAB-] 1CAB-
  • Member since:
    12-15-2015

Enigma Mission :

 1) Play on WOT.

 2) See rules on another site,

 3) Wait 1/2 the day for the decoded Enigma mission

 4) Go to a separate location to find rewards,

 5) No listing of progress or results,

 6) mission not listed under " Missions or events "

 7) Rewards require almost daily commitment to be achieved.

 8) Two weeks for what ?

 

 Yeah, this is a really impressive mission format. LOL

  Like I usually say after I die in a battle --- NEXT !

 

 

AhijahElGaboor



US5910 #13 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 02:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20340 battles
  • 39
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
  • Member since:
    10-18-2016

What am I missing here? It's June 1, it's after the time the mission is supposed to be revealed in my time zone, but it's not in the Missions tab in game.

 

Edit: After seeing the decoded missions I have met the requirements for some but saw nothing about it in my battle results, however I did see more Liberator coins in the Depot>Homefront Supplies (parachute icon at the bottom)>Liberator Store.


Edited by US5910, Jun 02 2021 - 04:20.


Major_BrainFart #14 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 05:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 52450 battles
  • 673
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
  • Member since:
    12-17-2011

Why are we not seeing results when we complete a mission?
I have 3 coins in the depot, but am pretty sure I didn't kill anyone by ramming.

 



1ST_AD_Abrams #15 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 05:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19731 battles
  • 240
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

I want to repeat what US5910 and ImBonzo have said.

1.  Where are the missions listed in game?  I can't find anything but I haven't dived into every single menu as I came to play not play find the hidden missions somewhere in the game client.  I know most missions of this type you required us to push a button to activate the missions (like in 2020 the tank university missions for tank type there was an orange button that was required to be pushed in order to get the university mission added to your account and in game so you can work on them and in game you saw your progress.  I don't see any sort of progress meter, listed missions to complete, nothing.  So where do the missions show upl.

 

2.  Where do I enter the cipher codes, is there something setup that enables me to enter the codes or do I have to enter codes at all.  While I like the encoding idea I don't want to play WoT via internet searches so I will wait for the translations but if I can't wait where do I go for getting the new missions to decode.

 

3.  I have checked the liberation store and a mission I had to complete of killing a heavy tank doesn't show up as a coin despite having killed 2 heavy tanks by luck not skill in a match I just finish.  Can these missions be done over and over.  So does every match that I kill a heavy and end up in the top 10 xp give me liberator coin?

 

4.  Is this only on the NA server or is this also on all servers (other than Russia I would assume since they were part of Operation Overlord)



US5910 #16 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 05:57

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20340 battles
  • 39
  • [_DOA_] _DOA_
  • Member since:
    10-18-2016

View PostImBonzo, on Jun 02 2021 - 05:43, said:

Why are we not seeing results when we complete a mission?
I have 3 coins in the depot, but am pretty sure I didn't kill anyone by ramming.

Me too. One coin for the "free" mission, one coin each for the non-ramming missions.



anonym_4WYJkLuT2Ka0 #17 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 06:12

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    09-04-2021

This isn't even cute. Piss poor implementation of a non-event.

 



Genfear84 #18 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 06:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 21779 battles
  • 27
  • [GNTLM] GNTLM
  • Member since:
    07-30-2013

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Jun 02 2021 - 04:51, said:

I want to repeat what US5910 and ImBonzo have said.

1.  Where are the missions listed in game?  I can't find anything but I haven't dived into every single menu as I came to play not play find the hidden missions somewhere in the game client.  I know most missions of this type you required us to push a button to activate the missions (like in 2020 the tank university missions for tank type there was an orange button that was required to be pushed in order to get the university mission added to your account and in game so you can work on them and in game you saw your progress.  I don't see any sort of progress meter, listed missions to complete, nothing.  So where do the missions show upl.

 

2.  Where do I enter the cipher codes, is there something setup that enables me to enter the codes or do I have to enter codes at all.  While I like the encoding idea I don't want to play WoT via internet searches so I will wait for the translations but if I can't wait where do I go for getting the new missions to decode.

 

3.  I have checked the liberation store and a mission I had to complete of killing a heavy tank doesn't show up as a coin despite having killed 2 heavy tanks by luck not skill in a match I just finish.  Can these missions be done over and over.  So does every match that I kill a heavy and end up in the top 10 xp give me liberator coin?

 

4.  Is this only on the NA server or is this also on all servers (other than Russia I would assume since they were part of Operation Overlord)

This  ^^^^^, Where are the answers?

 



AndrewDon #19 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 06:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 90827 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

Just finished a battle completing the requirements of the first mission with no coins being added. Screenshots available on request.

Maybe you have to complete all 3 missions? We will find out.



notRommel_notPatton_ #20 Posted Jun 02 2021 - 06:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 45221 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012
I too received 3 Liberation coins; for what I do not know.  Very poor mission communications, is there a dedicated website to monitor our "progress"?  Good thing Wargaming was not involved in planning the real Operation Overlord!  We would have been pushed back into the sea in the first hour!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users