Jump to content


Incoming! Steel Hunter 2021: Stage 4 (Starts 6/7)


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

stabbymckill #1 Posted Jun 04 2021 - 19:54

    Community Intern

  • Players
  • 1234 battles
  • 119
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

Good afternoon Tankers,

Stage 4 of Steel Hunter is almost upon us. It officially kicks off June 7 and promises further opportunities for heated battles, intense firepower and desperate last stands. 

 



Get the full details on the upcoming Steel Hunter stage in the article here. 

 

 


Edited by stabbymckill, Jun 04 2021 - 20:36.


RHeadshot #2 Posted Jun 04 2021 - 21:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 14847 battles
  • 2,442
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018
zzzzz

bake3020 #3 Posted Jun 04 2021 - 22:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 2,906
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
Stabby, I don't mean to sound mean or condescending but we don't really care about this mode, never have, and never will.  In fact, we'd really love it if you could just cancel this mode and bring us Frontlines instead. 

goldfinger_555 #4 Posted Jun 04 2021 - 23:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28206 battles
  • 1,752
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
I read this is the last stage so hopefully Frontlines will be back in July. Fingers crossed.

cloudwalking #5 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 00:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

View Postbake3020, on Jun 04 2021 - 22:27, said:

Stabby, I don't mean to sound mean or condescending but we don't really care about this mode, never have, and never will.  In fact, we'd really love it if you could just cancel this mode and bring us Frontlines instead. 

 

YOU and some others don't.  Please stop trying to speak for anyone else but yourself.  That's saying more about you and a few others than the mode.  You want to believe this perceived notion that it's full of cheaters.  That's on you.

 

I enjoy the mode and am waiting for its return.  

 

I would like to see some changes made, but overall am looking forward to it.



Beefy_Tanks #6 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 02:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30712 battles
  • 75
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012
As much as I agree with CloudWalking, because I enjoyed the mode for a while, pitting myself against other good, (and terrible) players, I must agree with the spirit of the replies here. Just hear me out.

I am so sick and tired of Steel Hunter. We had 4 episodes of it last year to end Expedition, and now we have 4 whole episodes of it for Battle Pass this year. All of which I have maxxed out. Did Wargaming not think that having 8 episodes of the same mode in a row would eventually bore us? Whatever "problems" they found with Frontline (never seemed to perceive them, but they apparently found some) have to be solved by now. They've had more than a year. Hell, I recruited 4 people to the game in that time simply on the promise of Frontline and how fun full-scale tanks was. It's been 9 months since the first two recruits, and 3 months since the last two, and I am recruiting two new ones as we speak on the promise of the "most fun mode in the game that is seasonal". I have heard from many of them asking, "How damn seasonal is it, dude?"

Just to help people realize how long it's been, it has been a year and 3 days since Frontline ended. A YEAR.

Also, Tank racing needs to be annual. That crapis the bomb.

mrmojo #7 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 02:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 20539 battles
  • 3,198
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
  • Member since:
    07-24-2011
Easy BP points.

Beefy_Tanks #8 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 02:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30712 battles
  • 75
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012
 

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 04 2021 - 18:14, said:

 

YOU and some others don't.  Please stop trying to speak for anyone else but yourself.  That's saying more about you and a few others than the mode.  You want to believe this perceived notion that it's full of cheaters.  That's on you.

 

I enjoy the mode and am waiting for its return.  

 

I would like to see some changes made, but overall am looking forward to it.



Also, I must add, Cloudwalking, don't fret over the reply of a player that has less than 200 games under his belt, even though that would also place you in this category.
Hell, don't listen to anyone with less than a thousand, and only take the opinion of anyone with 10K battles or more, seriously. ;)



Beefy_Tanks #9 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 02:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30712 battles
  • 75
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View Postmrmojo, on Jun 04 2021 - 20:07, said:

Easy BP points.


You ain't done yet? Shoot, you can get it done with minimal play in Tier 8 prems or Tier 10 tanks. If you have to, just play a bunch of tier 6 lol



cloudwalking #10 Posted Jun 05 2021 - 17:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 198 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 05 2021 - 02:08, said:

 



Also, I must add, Cloudwalking, don't fret over the reply of a player that has less than 200 games under his belt, even though that would also place you in this category.
Hell, don't listen to anyone with less than a thousand, and only take the opinion of anyone with 10K battles or more, seriously. ;)

 

I've actually got 57k games.  Most people posting with less than a few hundred battles are alt accounts for one reason or another that I won't get into here.

 

Battle count doesn't mean someone has a valid point or a non valid point.  Bake could have 100k games played and still would be a mistake to listen to.

 

This is me....   https://www.tomato.g...alkr=1000472010



mrmojo #11 Posted Jun 06 2021 - 00:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 20539 battles
  • 3,198
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
  • Member since:
    07-24-2011

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 05 2021 - 09:09, said:


You ain't done yet? Shoot, you can get it done with minimal play in Tier 8 prems or Tier 10 tanks. If you have to, just play a bunch of tier 6 lol

 

Finished a week ago

 

But SH has no extra rewards so no use playing it once BP is complete - a real weakness in the way WG set it up.


Edited by mrmojo, Jun 06 2021 - 01:32.


Mettie7 #12 Posted Jun 06 2021 - 13:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24134 battles
  • 685
  • [WAIFU] WAIFU
  • Member since:
    08-06-2012
Babe it's 4pm, time to not play Steel Hunter again

_BobaFett #13 Posted Jun 06 2021 - 14:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 303 battles
  • 1,024
  • [BOBA_] BOBA_
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
Good, I have been needing to catch up on BP.

TomatoSauceHero #14 Posted Jun 06 2021 - 16:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 59524 battles
  • 4,001
  • [REBEL] REBEL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011

View Postbake3020, on Jun 04 2021 - 16:27, said:

Stabby, I don't mean to sound mean or condescending but we don't really care about this mode, never have, and never will.  In fact, we'd really love it if you could just cancel this mode and bring us Frontlines instead. 

Speak for your self clown i like both steel hunter and frontline.

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Jun 04 2021 - 17:18, said:

I read this is the last stage so hopefully Frontlines will be back in July. Fingers crossed.

I see frontline coming with the next battle pass and set up the same as the current one with steel hunter.



bake3020 #15 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 19:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 2,906
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 04 2021 - 23:14, said:

 

YOU and some others don't.  Please stop trying to speak for anyone else but yourself.  That's saying more about you and a few others than the mode.  You want to believe this perceived notion that it's full of cheaters.  That's on you.

 

I enjoy the mode and am waiting for its return.  

 

I would like to see some changes made, but overall am looking forward to it.


Those are good points that hypocrites like you need to live by or not.  You should think before engaging you mouth/fingers.  You'll look less silly than you already do.



bake3020 #16 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 19:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 2,906
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostTomatoSauceHero, on Jun 06 2021 - 15:36, said:

Speak for your self clown i like both steel hunter and frontline.

 

You gave yourself away, now everybody knows who you are, Clown Walking.



mad_lad_tech #17 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 20:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19456 battles
  • 61
  • [PHASD] PHASD
  • Member since:
    11-23-2014
Haven't played SH once this year. Not a fan of this form of implementation. As long as FL stays the credit printer it always has been, I'll be waiting on that.

Beefy_Tanks #18 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 21:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30712 battles
  • 75
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 05 2021 - 11:25, said:

 

I've actually got 57k games.  Most people posting with less than a few hundred battles are alt accounts for one reason or another that I won't get into here.

 

Battle count doesn't mean someone has a valid point or a non valid point.  Bake could have 100k games played and still would be a mistake to listen to.

 

This is me....   https://www.tomato.g...alkr=1000472010


Dang man, crazy account, but yes, I only listen to people who have actually played the game. This isnt the kind of game you get an idea for even after 100 games, thousands are required imho



Beefy_Tanks #19 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 21:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30712 battles
  • 75
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View Postmrmojo, on Jun 05 2021 - 18:57, said:

 

Finished a week ago

 

But SH has no extra rewards so no use playing it once BP is complete - a real weakness in the way WG set it up.



Thats exactly why I wont be playing it at all this time. I kinda wish the rewards were separate from BP like they used to be, so I have a reason to play it lol, At least with Frontline I can make money.



Bonfor #20 Posted Jun 07 2021 - 21:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1277 battles
  • 747
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 04 2021 - 15:14, said:

 

YOU and some others don't.  Please stop trying to speak for anyone else but yourself.  That's saying more about you and a few others than the mode.  You want to believe this perceived notion that it's full of cheaters.  That's on you.

 

I enjoy the mode and am waiting for its return.  

 

I would like to see some changes made, but overall am looking forward to it.

 

If the last informal poll was any indication of which mode WG should drop first, however... 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/637409-most-disliked-wot-non-standard-mode/page__p__12676745__hl__+frontline%20+poll#entry12676745






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users