Incoming! Field Modification Open Test!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

stabbymckill #1 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 16:10

Community Intern

• Players
  • 1234 battles

Good Morning Tankers, 

on June 15 the open test of Field Modification begins on the Sandbox server. This allows you to configure vehicles depending on their combat roles. Player feedback is urgently needed in order to better refine the concept for potential future inclusion in the game. 

TONS of details on this one, so head over to the article here for all the fine print and information on how to participate! 

Kramah313 #2 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 16:23

Captain

• Players
  • 11084 battles

Already got some feedback here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/647787-sandbox-server-field-modifications/

Please include this thread when evaluating the responses. Thanks!

Tropical_Thunder #3 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 18:37

Private

• Players
  • 2598 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
Thank you Wargaming, for introducing a mechanic that instead of being dumb, useless, or overly manipulable, is instead a very cool and interesting idea. This makes me almost forget about Crew 2.0!

cloudwalking #4 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

The extra loadouts are fine...the new level up system is crap and strikes me as one more credit sink WG are trying to add in to the game.

Bring the extra loadout options on...that's fine and IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME YEARS AGO.

Then stop working on bs and give us more maps that aren't mines 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0

Beefy_Tanks #5 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 18:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 30880 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostTropical_Thunder, on Jun 14 2021 - 12:37, said:

Thank you Wargaming, for introducing a mechanic that instead of being dumb, useless, or overly manipulable, is instead a very cool and interesting idea. This makes me almost forget about Crew 2.0!

Agreed, this is a welcome change, and although there are mods for the game currently that let you quickly switch between preferred loadouts IN THE GARAGE, it's cool to see the ability to swap in game. ESPECIALLY the light tank loadout switching, that is dope.

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 14 2021 - 12:38, said:

The extra loadouts are fine...the new level up system is crap and strikes me as one more credit sink WG are trying to add in to the game.

Bring the extra loadout options on...that's fine and IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME YEARS AGO.

Then stop working on bs and give us more maps that aren't mines 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0

I mean, who doesn't have 250,000,000 credits right now anyway?

I agree about the maps tho lol

cloudwalking #6 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 18:55

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

hmm...Extra load out options....like that's never been asked for or suggested in the 10yrs the game has been live.  Now WG are finding a way for it to be a credit sink and xp sink instead of just allowing us to run 2 equipment setups and switch between them before game.  Why can't we just have 2 slot options, WG?  Why are you trying to fleece us for it?

This will only truly benefit long time players that have millions of credits and hundreds of thousands of freexp.  New players will still be struggling to afford a single set much less burn the xp and credits needed to be able to run 2 sets.

This is WG trying to look like the good guy and give us options when in reality this will be just another gimmick and credit/xp sink that newer, lower skilled players can't afford.   

It's pretty simple, WG....give us the option for 2 loadouts with out charging us for the option.  Then let us buy equipment like normal.  Get the added bonus effects out of here, WG.  The game is already fast enough and matches are already retarded...letting people, like me who have all the credits/xp I'll need, boost their tanks even more than bounty equipment and all that crap is only going to increase the speed of batles and punish those who don't have 'the good stuff'.

You're steadily taking a tank game and trying to turn it into a FPS game.  I'll go play WARZONE when I want a FPS.

My opinions anyway...good luck if you're a new player out there.  

Edit:  Bit of a double post, my bad.

Edited by cloudwalking, Jun 14 2021 - 18:55.

Mikosah #7 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
Agreed that the basic idea is helpful, but unnecessarily complicated. Particularly in having to go through multiple extra steps just to unlock all these features and then having to buy each item, and having to re-buy it again if you ever use anything else. And then with the second equipment bonus, why only allow two of the four categories for a given tank? I'm also a little skeptical that the dual-mods will really be worth it to just buy a tradeoff with drawbacks. But apart from these minor gripes, a solid and helpful concept.

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 84031 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

One thing for sure Austin is consistent.

Fix your article aka add the widget.

View PostMettie7, on Jun 14 2021 - 12:24, said:

For anyone wanting to see the different advantages and disadvantages available for each tank the EU article has an interactive widget in their article, not sure why NA's doesn't.

cloudwalking #9 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 19:11

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostTropical_Thunder, on Jun 14 2021 - 18:37, said:

But it is all those things.  Honest, respectful question...who do you think will benefit more from this and the pricing they will surely charge, me with 50k + games and 300k freexp and the ability to max any and every tank immediately and then have multiple equipment pieces and buy the maxed out bonus from minute 1 vs someone with 1500 games?

It sounds great, but trust me...this will punish people in your position with fewer than a few thousand games.  Anyone under 10k games that doesn't have the wealth to immediately boost their tanks and loadouts will suffer...even if it starts at tier 6.  In my opinion, this feels like an immediate reaction from WG to try and shovel a new 'crew 2.0' at us and see how it goes.  Instead of the bonus coming at the end of the crew line...it comes at the end of a pay wall with Freexp and credits.

View PostBeefy_Tanks, on Jun 14 2021 - 18:47, said:

Agreed, this is a welcome change, and although there are mods for the game currently that let you quickly switch between preferred loadouts IN THE GARAGE, it's cool to see the ability to swap in game. ESPECIALLY the light tank loadout switching, that is dope.

I mean, who doesn't have 250,000,000 credits right now anyway?

I agree about the maps tho lol

All WG would have to do is add the ability to have 2 loadouts and switch between game at the countdown...but they don't want to simply do that for us even though we've been asking for it for a while. They want to find a gimmicky way to attach credit and xp to it...which, again, imo...cuts out newer players who haven't been here for years and can't afford to do this crap to their tanks.  I have 1 friend who I know would be punished under this type of system. 

Again, it's simple WG....give us 2 equipment loadouts and the ability to switch pre-game....stop attaching all this stupid bs to it and leave the additional bonuses out of the game.  Matches are already fast enough and stupid enough...this will just increase the gap of the 'haves' vs the 'have nots'...and this is coming from a 'have' person.  I will be able to max out anything they do day 1 at any tier.

Good luck to new players out there...I'm not sure WG are actually worried about you.

One last thing that proves this is all truly an insult and WG think you're fools...you don't keep the bonus you buy if you deselect and switch to the other bonus...you'll have to rebuy them each time... LOLOLOL  I mean...come on guys...that should show you where WG head are at.  If they can charge you for the dirt you drive your tank on...they'll try to find a way to give it a boost and charge you for it.

Just give us multiple equipment slots WG...keep your bs.

PapioTitan #10 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 19:19

Captain

• Players
  • 52492 battles

The ability to swap equipment prebattle is kinda cool but would be a useful new crew skill replacing a less popular one(s). You could even make it three seperate skills i.e., level 1 or 2 or 3 for one, two, or all three slots. The +/- tank improvement is tomfoolery. I mean, where do they get this stuff? There must be some good ganja overseas.

cloudwalking #11 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostPapioTitan, on Jun 14 2021 - 19:19, said:

The ability to swap equipment prebattle is kinda cool but would be a useful new crew skill replacing a less popular one(s). You could even make it three seperate skills i.e., level 1 or 2 or 3 for one, two, or all three slots. The +/- tank improvement is tomfoolery. I mean, where do they get this stuff? There must be some good ganja overseas.

Don't blame this idiocy on ganja.  I smoke a little here and there and even I can see this idea is pretty FUBAR.  I hope others can as well, especially new players with fewer than...idk...maybe 6k games??

Edited by cloudwalking, Jun 14 2021 - 19:25.

Avalon304 #12 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 26927 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Sounds neat. Alternate loadouts is a great thing, especially allowing the selection during a countdown to tailor to the map you get and your tiering. The ability to give a 2nd equipment slot bonus is nice too. I like the ability to further tailor my vehicle to my specific playstyles for them, and I like the idea of more horizontal progression for each vehicle. This could be quite a good system if the bonuses arent too out of scale.

tod914 #13 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 73090 battles

View Postcloudwalking, on Jun 14 2021 - 13:25, said:

Don't blame this idiocy on ganja.  I smoke a little here and there and even I can see this idea is pretty FUBAR.  I hope others can as well, especially new players with fewer than...idk...maybe 6k games??

That should force the new players to purchase gold and silver to lessen the gap.  Is there something they missed?  Cash grab central strikes again.

Edited by tod914, Jun 14 2021 - 21:10.

Bath_Hawk #14 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 22:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6393 battles
  • [VIBE] VIBE

Personally, I love the Idea front to back.

Of course, this is going to make the new player experience even more painful than before. I've tried to bring 3 people into this game and it makes me realize that this game is horrifically frustrating for new players largely because mechanics are wildly unexplained, incredibly complicated, and stock tanks and 50% - 75% crews leave them at such a disadvantage that they'll be smeared even harder than before.

If you're going to put this update in WG, just make 100% crews free and make 1 skill crews gold. Also make loaders useful lul

Jaspo #15 Posted Jun 14 2021 - 23:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39507 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

A few things:

1) as mentioned multiple times previously, this is an unnecessary credit sink.

2) More talk about tank roles, makes me nervous. All fine and good I guess but PLEASE don't make tank "roles" influence experience gain, not until WG actually understands tank roles (ie, heavy tanks often get more spotting assist damage than light tanks and this is normal, logical, and expected, but WG doesn't understand this since it doesn't fit their preconceived notions of what they intended each class for - call it developer's bias)

3) Alternative loadouts but we can only carry over 1/3 pieces of equipment into the other loadout, just WHY. I already refuse to spend gobs of credits on equipment that isn't absolutely necessary, now you're asking me to spend credits for 5 pieces per tank rather than just 3? I mean, what if I just want a loadout with alternate shell types or consumables, and don't want my equipment to change?

4)Being able to do something with accidental leftover experience other than wasting gold on converting it to free experience is good I guess.

5)I'd probably just use this to improve the accuracy on absolutely everything as much as possible, because frick the current dispersion RNG, WG. It seriously sucks. I'll do the same for sCrew 2.0 if you force that through too. Then you'll not find another player with a more accurate lineup of horribly inaccurate tanks. Well, unless they waste credits on food and directives each match. I don't fall for that garbage (see above: credit sink).

Avalon304 #16 Posted Jun 15 2021 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 26927 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostJaspo, on Jun 14 2021 - 15:58, said:

3) Alternative loadouts but we can only carry over 1/3 pieces of equipment into the other loadout, just WHY. I already refuse to spend gobs of credits on equipment that isn't absolutely necessary, now you're asking me to spend credits for 5 pieces per tank rather than just 3? I mean, what if I just want a loadout with alternate shell types or consumables, and don't want my equipment to change?

Consumables/Ammo are one section, equipment is another and they are separate and can be changed separately in the pre-battle countdown.

In the video linked the hotkey to change equipment loadouts is 'Left Ctrl +1' and the hotkey for ammo/consumables 'Left Ctrl + 2'... so you dont have to make an additional equipment load out if all you want to do is change ammo/consumables.

EdibleImpairedPlayer #17 Posted Jun 15 2021 - 01:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32896 battles
  • [CLAPD] CLAPD

LOL.

I'm all for allowing people to tailor existing equipment/consumables/ammo while loading in or counting down but adding a whole bunch more customization? No. I don't want to further segment and already small playerbase.

Jer_05 #18 Posted Jun 15 2021 - 02:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 13002 battles
One more pay-to-win mechanic IMHO. Do not like it.   

TheNegativeWaves #19 Posted Jun 15 2021 - 03:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6674 battles
  • [AR-15] AR-15
The loadouts are neat but not at the cost of the increased grind and credits/gold required.

PapaBear_3110 #20 Posted Jun 15 2021 - 14:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 40688 battles

Looks to me like another way for WG to nickel and dime the players. Everything at a price right? My only question is ..... what's WG going to screw players for next with a charge? Toll charges on certain map roads to get to battle faster? I'm sick of WG constantly adding something, claiming to be the next greatest modification to the game, and charging for it. Shove this idea where the sun doesn't shine. 

"Money, money, money ..... it's a rich man's world".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users