Remove arty stunning teammates

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Craig234 #1 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 10:10

Major

• Players
  • 62402 battles

Team damage is gone. Arty stunning teammates should be removed.

It serves no useful game purpose; it only harms the game.

I guess you think that arty is so loved by players that having it do something to piss them off is a good idea.

It's not any legitimate 'tradeoff'. What's the message - don't shoot the enemy because it might stun an ally?

Just remove it.

Kharah #2 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 10:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20028 battles
  • [ASTER] ASTER
I'll agree with you that it's stupid but it still creates the chance that they turn blue and then you get those ever so satisfying arty teamkills from back in the day.

CAPTMUDDXX #3 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 12:43

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

WoWs is introducing a modified Team Damage/Team Kill system. 

Hits on teammates will no longer cause damage. Instead the offender will get TD/TK status after 40 hits on a teammate or 50 hits total across all teammates. 

After the TD/TK status is given additional hits on teammates will damage the offender proportional to the victim's current HP level. 

The pink and/or orange status will still have to be worked off by playing a number of battles without further TD/TK hits.

This could be used in WoT and applied to all vehicle types and damage/critical hits/stuns.

RealBattousai #4 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 13:53

Major

• Players
  • 60131 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA

View PostKharah_reppinNLD, on Jun 16 2021 - 04:54, said:

I'll agree with you that it's stupid but it still creates the chance that they turn blue and then you get those ever so satisfying arty teamkills from back in the day.

Yeah this is the only positive left, I make a bee line for the blue arty to kill them

Sandor_steel #5 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 14:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9505 battles

just put team killing back in the game

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 15:46

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on Jun 16 2021 - 03:43, said:

WoWs is introducing a modified Team Damage/Team Kill system. 

Hits on teammates will no longer cause damage. Instead the offender will get TD/TK status after 40 hits on a teammate or 50 hits total across all teammates. 

After the TD/TK status is given additional hits on teammates will damage the offender proportional to the victim's current HP level. 

The pink and/or orange status will still have to be worked off by playing a number of battles without further TD/TK hits.

This could be used in WoT and applied to all vehicle types and damage/critical hits/stuns.

First, Team killing benefits only socially maladapted miscreants unable to deal with frustration as any adult should.

Second this is an interesting counter proposal but i STILL think for the most egregious examples there should be SEVERE (in-game) financial penalties like TRIPLE damage/repair costs up to and including forfeiture of the vehicle used in the TK with either the tank, or it's value awarded to the player TK'd.

DVK9 #7 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 16:04

Captain

• Players
  • 27885 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

I know the simple solution: Dont shoot near your people hench you wont splash them.

Really if they did away with the team dmg from splash you would get a lot more arty rounds landing on the members of your team that are face huggin the enemy.

CAPTMUDDXX #8 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 16:07

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jun 16 2021 - 09:46, said:

First, Team killing benefits only socially maladapted miscreants unable to deal with frustration as any adult should.

Second this is an interesting counter proposal but i STILL think for the most egregious examples there should be SEVERE (in-game) financial penalties like TRIPLE damage/repair costs up to and including forfeiture of the vehicle used in the TK with either the tank, or it's value awarded to the player TK'd.

Ah the one point I forgot. The additional penalty for the offender is the loss of all XP and Credit earnings for that battle.

nuclearguy931 #9 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 92863 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostDVK9, on Jun 16 2021 - 10:04, said:

I know the simple solution: Dont shoot near your people hench you wont splash them.

Really if they did away with the team dmg from splash you would get a lot more arty rounds landing on the members of your team that are face huggin the enemy.

Or how about not driving your vehicle into the circle that was clearly marked by arty.

Mojo_Riesing #10 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on Jun 16 2021 - 07:07, said:

Ah the one point I forgot. The additional penalty for the offender is the loss of all XP and Credit earnings for that battle.

Well, that's good.  I'm still of a mind that penalties need to HURT and HURT BAD.  Real bad.

Is why i suggest double or triple penalties.  Just losing what you would have gained, but didn't yet, isn't much punishment really.  It's like being caught by your Mom with your hand in the cookie jar and she says "just for that, no cookie for you".  Hm..you didn't have it anyway.

No, "financial" punishment SHOULD go beyond not letting you gain, it needs to TAKE AWAY.  If a player hasn't the resources to PAY his fine, then just like the real world, he/she should forfeit assets held, like in this case the tank used to TK the other player regardless of whether ground for, paid for, or rewarded with.

THAT...is punishment.

churchill50 #11 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 23319 battles
  • [5HTTR] 5HTTR

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 16 2021 - 08:45, said:

Or how about not driving your vehicle into the circle that was clearly marked by arty.

Obviously this is the solution, since we all know two things:

First, if arty marks a location, that gives them the exclusive right to shoot there. Anyone who tries to deny them this right is just being selfish.

And second, there's absolutely no reason for a tank to facehug an enemy tank while brawling. It never provides any tactical benefit at all.

/s for anyone who can't pick up on the sarcasm.

The person I'm replying to is just one shining example of why team stun needs to be removed so arty players can't screw over their own teammates.

CAPTMUDDXX #12 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 20:21

Captain

• Players
  • 21394 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Jun 16 2021 - 11:26, said:

Well, that's good.  I'm still of a mind that penalties need to HURT and HURT BAD.  Real bad.

Is why i suggest double or triple penalties.  Just losing what you would have gained, but didn't yet, isn't much punishment really.  It's like being caught by your Mom with your hand in the cookie jar and she says "just for that, no cookie for you".  Hm..you didn't have it anyway.

No, "financial" punishment SHOULD go beyond not letting you gain, it needs to TAKE AWAY.  If a player hasn't the resources to PAY his fine, then just like the real world, he/she should forfeit assets held, like in this case the tank used to TK the other player regardless of whether ground for, paid for, or rewarded with.

THAT...is punishment.

You are going way overboard with that.

For one hitting allies with any weapon or even collisions DOES NOT DAMAGE THEM. The victims lose nothing at all. It is all on the offender and when they cross the threshold in a battle they lose any gain they made, the service fee is taken when you click battle and the cost of wasted ammo.  

LeaveIT2Beaver #13 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 42624 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostCraig234, on Jun 16 2021 - 04:10, said:

Team damage is gone. Arty stunning teammates should be removed.

It serves no useful game purpose; it only harms the game.

I guess you think that arty is so loved by players that having it do something to piss them off is a good idea.

It's not any legitimate 'tradeoff'. What's the message - don't shoot the enemy because it might stun an ally?

Just remove it.

That would be a fricking "NO"
As a matter of fact, I think that team damage should be brought back for arty, and the stun. If I am next to you (the red tank) in my green tank brawling, and your arty hits me for 400 HP, you get off without a scratch and have a 400 HP advantage over me. 
I call BS on thatCan you advise on the status of a fix? I am still playing without soundS

SquishySupreme #14 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 6232 battles
Removing team damage was one of the worst things they did to the game as nobody checks targets, everyone moves in front of you to get their shot, and arty just spams everywhere.  The IQ and play-style devolved a number of steps as well, since face-hugging is no longer any threat - the damage only applies to the enemy.  The number of times I hit my teammates in the first two year I was here was literally under ten times.  It really didn't need to be changed.  What it really ruined, though, was Frontline.  Airstrike - look - only enemies get damaged!  Fighters strafe an area - only enemies get damaged...  

Now, if you compare it to warships, where team damage is still on, people check targets, people run the risk of hitting their own teammates, but it's far more realistic as you have to wait to fire a shot more often than not.  Imagine a Smolensk just spamming an entire area of ships close to each other and zero worries about team damage...  Or to be more exact, only enemy damage.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Jun 16 2021 - 22:18.

Minneer_BigSadge #15 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 44431 battles
  • [QUACK] QUACK

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 16 2021 - 16:45, said:

Pressing T doesent give you the right to shoot a team mate.  And every time a arty turns blue I will 100% turn around just to tk them.  Even if it throws the game.  Actually especially if it throws the game to trigger the greifing swill even more.

ArtyLove #16 Posted Jun 16 2021 - 23:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1223 battles

View PostMinneer_BigSadge, on Jun 16 2021 - 22:37, said:

Pressing T doesent give you the right to shoot a team mate.  And every time a arty turns blue I will 100% turn around just to tk them.  Even if it throws the game.  Actually especially if it throws the game to trigger the greifing swill even more.

How hilarious, a game mechanic within the game causes soooooo many tantrums. I'll make sure I don't hit the T and let you know I might come close with my shot. Here's to coming close and blaming RNG for your mishap.

Craig234 #17 Posted Jun 17 2021 - 09:10

Major

• Players
  • 62402 battles

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 16 2021 - 07:45, said:

That's not a good option. Tanks are going to be close. The solution is for team stun to be removed.

Craig234 #18 Posted Jun 17 2021 - 09:10

Major

• Players
  • 62402 battles

View PostMinneer_BigSadge, on Jun 16 2021 - 13:37, said:

Pressing T doesent give you the right to shoot a team mate. 

No, shooting the enemy does.

Craig234 #19 Posted Jun 17 2021 - 09:12

Major

• Players
  • 62402 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Jun 16 2021 - 12:16, said:

That would be a fricking "NO"
As a matter of fact, I think that team damage should be brought back for arty, and the stun. If I am next to you (the red tank) in my green tank brawling, and your arty hits me for 400 HP, you get off without a scratch and have a 400 HP advantage over me. 
I call BS on thatCan you advise on the status of a fix? I am still playing without soundS

So you object to tanks doing damage. I guess of a second enemy comes and shoots you, that should damage his teammate also.

Craig234 #20 Posted Jun 17 2021 - 09:13

Major

• Players
  • 62402 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Jun 16 2021 - 08:49, said:

Obviously this is the solution, since we all know two things:

First, if arty marks a location, that gives them the exclusive right to shoot there. Anyone who tries to deny them this right is just being selfish.

And second, there's absolutely no reason for a tank to facehug an enemy tank while brawling. It never provides any tactical benefit at all.

/s for anyone who can't pick up on the sarcasm.

The person I'm replying to is just one shining example of why team stun needs to be removed so arty players can't screw over their own teammates.

Good post except that you make it sound like arty want to stun teammates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users