Update 1.14: Common Test 1 Incoming!

commontest

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 15:17

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

Summer is heating up as we keep working to bring you fresh content, Commanders!

The first Common Test of Update 1.14 is going live and will feature the long-awaited Czechoslovakian heavy tanks with their hallmark unusual gameplay and autoloaders. The performance of popular Premium vehicles was improved, and you’ll have the opportunity to try out a fresh Random Battles map—Safe Haven. Plus, you can explore our special training mode, Topography. Finally, we’re changing the conditions of Personal Missions for artillery and giving you a sneak peek of Frontline 2021. Jump in and share your feedback!

Details about Common Test 1.14 here!

RealBattousai #2 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 61100 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA
I like a lot of the little things here; they are looking to fix 'soap rocks', ability to kind of explore maps solo, rebalance of Ruinberg, nice.

map451315 #3 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 15:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 30889 battles
 I have been waiting for years to get my hand on a Czechoslovakian heavy. Glad they finally addressed that glaring issue. 

Einzelganger7 #4 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 15:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11572 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
Overall I like the content of the update, +1.

shazwanbomer #5 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16891 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

Just tried put turbo in it. This new tier X heavy could be something good gun handling. Maybe could break into META.

Edit: Imagine with the ranked turbo could be even better. Plus this thing reverse speed is impressive.

Edited by shazwanbomer, Jul 16 2021 - 16:24.

rangerfrank #6 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 16:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [-VETS] -VETS

"because SPGs can still effectively stun enemy vehicles with the first shell and deal damage with the second one."

are they saying that a single shell will stun a tank long enough for arty to reload another shell, fire and hit and do dmg?  With the HE nerf, they should scrap or severely decrease the requirements for SPG personal missions.  IMO only, of course.

Waarheid #7 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 25377 battles

View Postrangerfrank, on Jul 16 2021 - 10:18, said:

"because SPGs can still effectively stun enemy vehicles with the first shell and deal damage with the second one."

are they saying that a single shell will stun a tank long enough for arty to reload another shell, fire and hit and do dmg?  With the HE nerf, they should scrap or severely decrease the requirements for SPG personal missions.  IMO only, of course.

Did you look at the chart? All of the SPG misssions for the first two tanks in the first campaign are still easily done with the current SPG shell mechanics. ALL of the missions for the second two tanks, AND all of the SPG missions for the second campagin are being changed. 

Edited by Waarheid, Jul 16 2021 - 16:45.

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 24231 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostRealBattousai, on Jul 16 2021 - 15:25, said:

I like a lot of the little things here; they are looking to fix 'soap rocks', ability to kind of explore maps solo, rebalance of Ruinberg, nice.

soap rocks ! it's about time. I missed that , what is the timestamp? 

madogthefirst #9 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 27940 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Very welcomed changes. Kinda can't wait for this patch, nothing up good things in it. Looks like Safe Haven got inspired by Frontlines.

warrends #10 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
Thank you.

zoomer96 #11 Posted Jul 16 2021 - 23:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43877 battles
Now this update is more like it.  Especially the little buff to the American T34/T34B.  It was a good tank back in the day.  The new map looks like it is OK, too.  Thanks WG.

VillainousButler #12 Posted Jul 17 2021 - 00:35

Captain

• Players
  • 23424 battles
The only thing this update should be about is rolling back 1.13.

1ST_AD_Abrams #13 Posted Jul 17 2021 - 15:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19060 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hmm, WG can't stop finding things to tinker with.  Not an issue with the Czech line being completed but how will impact matches will be left to the final release.  Nice catering to the supporters with your balance improvements to a string of Premium tanks.  Too bad you sight can't go beyond where the money comes from as there are many standard tanks that could use a little nip and tuck (I can already here the fires being stoked and money vs free.  Free being the main dish to burn up - you can't reason with this group of players or company.).  New map well will see how it works.  Don't play spg, so don't know if the changes to campaigns are good or bad.

I thought frontline was going to be in 4-1 week sessions like steel hunter (but I could have always misread that part) after all this season ends in Sept.  What happens to FL in July?

User interface, doesn't seem to be an issue either.

The map change means you are removing cover or concealment and making it harder for players to possible dig in against (already saw a removal on the map previews).

But who cares, WG will cater changes its want that makes it tankball players ecstatic and those who already serve as the seals, a no-voice input.  Sorry I just don't like the direction WG is taking this game.  Yes I understand people can buy it is there money and people like me who won't put out money for the issues in the game not to mention buying to win or should be improved chance but not a 100% done deal as I do agree you can give everyone a premium tank but if they can't use it effectively then it is no better than a standard (I finally agreed to give ground in relation to how a prem is still in need of someone who can drive and play it, advantages is pointless to bother discussing or disagreeing as forum community has already sounded off on this and WG listens to what they want to hear.

So negative yes on some things, unsure on others and will need a chance to see what the changes do to the game.  I do see the gun on the Czech tanks as a first shot at the Field Modifications feature that we will soon be forced to swallow.  Map changes are the same as usual, remove cover and concealment and call it improved.  Always a helping hand to premium tanks.  Front Line changed (based on what you have already stated from Mines, to tier ix just an absolute horrible idea, but you got the feedback from those who are pleased with changes they want.

Honestly I don't see any need for discussion as it is really WG to make final decision, not the players.  Hey one day it will happen and it will be just like a soft wind one doesn't notice

CarlNoMedik #14 Posted Jul 17 2021 - 16:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 24674 battles

View PostVillainousButler, on Jul 17 2021 - 00:35, said:

The only thing this update should be about is rolling back 1.13.

right now the AT it's too OP. Eventually they are gonna make the full circle, nerf AT, then nerf heavys, then mediums. WOT logic. :deer:

Panzerjager72 #15 Posted Jul 17 2021 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24110 battles
  • [CLAS1] CLAS1
They needed to add the Type 59 to that rework list. I know it was updated not too long ago but it still lags behind. 

Tahllol #16 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 15:55

Captain

• Players
  • 20054 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Hmm, no mention of fixing the AP/APCR you broke with the changes to HE/HEAT/HESH. Since AP/APCR no longer pens screens or spaced armor like it should. Hell, more than not you hit the armor and get a armor not hit message on tanks that don't have screens or anything other than armor.

Tahllol #17 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 20054 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPanzerjager72, on Jul 17 2021 - 15:03, said:

They needed to add the Type 59 to that rework list. I know it was updated not too long ago but it still lags behind. 

Not really, it does just fine with the updates. Remember it is also a Pref tank which means it won't see tier 10.

Tahllol #18 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 20054 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostCarlNoMedik, on Jul 17 2021 - 09:09, said:

right now the AT it's too OP. Eventually they are gonna make the full circle, nerf AT, then nerf heavys, then mediums. WOT logic. :deer:

lol, all while constantly buffing the heavies and light tanks. Guess we can't forget the free tanks they give to the top clans that are super OP

Panzergraf #19 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 16:36

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23349 battles
  • [JUDG] JUDG

View PostTahllol, on Jul 18 2021 - 15:55, said:

Hmm, no mention of fixing the AP/APCR you broke with the changes to HE/HEAT/HESH. Since AP/APCR no longer pens screens or spaced armor like it should. Hell, more than not you hit the armor and get a armor not hit message on tanks that don't have screens or anything other than armor.

There were no changes to AP/APCR/HEAT, you now just get a "screen not penetrated/armor not hit" message instead of "critical hit" or something. The shells behave just like they used to.

mlcoop11 #20 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 17:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 34986 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

1.  The addition of tier 9's to frontline is interesting.  However, I would suggest only allowing certain tanks for each team. Also, there's still the issue of one flank completely ruining the mode. Let's say A and B have not been captured yet, but C and F have.  That one flank, the offensive team, can now have a platoon of EBR's run all the way to objective 1.  While nobody on A or B, can help. They are stuck defending that one square.  Perhaps limit their access to only Objective 4 and 5 on that flank. Or, they are forced to help capture A and B.  

2.  Noticed an issue in Frontline, where a destroyed player, still appears with full health.

3.  I like the rework of combat reserves.  However, nothing is worse than an arty player, sitting on an artillery strike, an air strike, plus his own shot.  Limit their use to only Engineering, Recon, etc.

4.  Frontline is still not a Heavy Tank friendly mode.  Only certain spots are playable.  Also the spawn points are too far back, for the slower boys. And now that tier 9 has been added, say a Type 4 is loading in to help stop a cap at F.  But he loads in between objective 4 and 5.  There's no way.  

5.  I would like to see people playing that are afk, especially during FL, kicked from the match.  What I'm meaning is possibly add an option to FL, to join a session that is already in progress.  Kick the afk's, let more players join in.  During randoms an afk player is killed after being stationary.  So add that same feature to FL.

6.  I do not like the idea that arty is capable to hit the final objectives in FL with AP shells, and do damage.  

Edited by mlcoop11, Jul 19 2021 - 18:32.

Also tagged with commontest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users