Jump to content


Why WG will never fix MM


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DugoutDug #1 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27719 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    11-30-2014

So many 15-0 to 15-5 games that there is no way it's by accident.

 

Which makes sense from a business perspective. It keeps the player based pissed off and looking for any way to increase their individual odds of winning. Like buying premium time so they can run premium ammo. Or buying OP premium vehicles like the E-25 that of you set it up right can shoot with 25% camo.

 

I've been here seven years and MM is much worse now than it used to be. entire classes like clown cars unbalance the game even more. As do the mentioned OP premiums.

 

 



NoBoater #2 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42692 battles
  • 814
  • [RSRS] RSRS
  • Member since:
    10-30-2013

Nope, they don't know how to.

 



GeorgePreddy_lIl #3 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 270 battles
  • 658
  • Member since:
    09-08-2017

 

WG can't fix what ain't broke... & MM ain't broke... so there's that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



HeisenbergWOTS #4 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16 battles
  • 333
  • Member since:
    09-01-2019

View PostGeorgePreddy_lIl, on Jul 18 2021 - 15:20, said:

 

WG can't fix what ain't broke... & MM ain't broke... so there's that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Banned yet again, eh?



GWyatt #5 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 6000 battles
  • 1,810
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostDugoutDug, on Jul 18 2021 - 14:10, said:

So many 15-0 to 15-5 games that there is no way it's by accident.

 

Which makes sense from a business perspective. It keeps the player based pissed off and looking for any way to increase their individual odds of winning. Like buying premium time so they can run premium ammo. Or buying OP premium vehicles like the E-25 that of you set it up right can shoot with 25% camo.

 

I've been here seven years and MM is much worse now than it used to be. entire classes like clown cars unbalance the game even more. As do the mentioned OP premiums.

 

 

 

There is a couple of threads on MM out there this last month. One of the themes you are going to find is the belief that WG can make the match maker "so much better if only they" would do something like skill based. skill balanced match making, or from Kellerman's video, improving the tank to tank balance between teams.

 

What you'll find is that the type of game, a single death game is the main cause of the 15-0 0-15 results. I speculate that is one of the major reasons Frontline is so well loved, you respawn.

 

Now that's not to say that all the other things like lower skilled players in high tier battles, for example, don't contribute to the blowout, because they likely do. How many of all the factors that lead up to one team of players exploiting an advantage over the other team can War Gaming control?



ExploratorOne #6 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 20:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23205 battles
  • 1,226
  • [LOU1] LOU1
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

How do you fix what happens in a battle when one side loses two or more guns?  Or one side focus fires and the other does not?

 

A demo of Lanchester's Law:



Waarheid #7 Posted Jul 18 2021 - 23:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 25525 battles
  • 2,577
  • Member since:
    09-30-2017

View PostGeorgePreddy_lIl, on Jul 18 2021 - 14:20, said:

 

WG can't fix what ain't broke... & MM ain't broke... so there's that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


You are generally correct about most things, but this is not one of those things. 

MM is imbalanced, and has been for at least two years. SBMM is not the answer, but MM is a mess. 



Eleven_Hotel #8 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 00:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 108617 battles
  • 1,328
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

I don't know if it goes off win rate? I Am above 50%

But my 4 Year sample of over 8K battles breaks down as:

 

80% Bottom tier 

10% Middle tier

10% Top tier

This doesn't include tier 10s and Preferential Vehicles



goldfinger_555 #9 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 00:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28421 battles
  • 1,821
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
So WGs business practice is to keep its clients "pissed off"? Brilliant idea.

Shia_Halud #10 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 00:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9571 battles
  • 664
  • [GOH] GOH
  • Member since:
    12-01-2019
Some interesting stats by skill4ltu from his YouTube channel that could enlighten one to his observations of the state of the game.

Gothraul #11 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 00:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 3177 battles
  • 7,724
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Get a job in retail and one quickly learns that angry customers always means fewer customers and the same applies to games like this that eventually there are fewer players. They could do something simple that would improve the game for the bulk of the player base without adding anything complicated is to have a minimum win rate requirement to pass tiers say 46% for tier 6 then the teams from there on would be more stable without punishing good players. As is WG knows there are still loads of bots and excessively poor players but they don't care preferring to screw everyone else over for sake of quick profit. 

Collector1313 #12 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 15:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10034 battles
  • 12
  • [XSSX] XSSX
  • Member since:
    02-15-2015

ive had a horrible mm 2 days 

75 games 15% wins ? 

 

changed tanks classes tiers nothing matters 

last two months ive been consistantly 60+% 

 

so yeah ..... 

 

i just have sets of 10+ steamrolls over and over with an odd win here and there 

last time this happened to me was jan with a nasty 30 game losing in a row with 2 wins i believe 

 

what can u do u get into position and the clock hits 13:00 ppl start shooting 

by 12:00 6 are dead half bled out 

 

yeah 

 

not fun 

 

especially when u read the MM write up... clarly says if an account is hit with loss after loss( just like win after win) the mm will put u on a better chanced to win(or lose) to adjust 

well that utter bs 

 



I_QQ_4_U #13 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 15:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 31213 battles
  • 14,347
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
So what exactly can they do to make the MM better that's going to help you play better? They've constantly been 'fixing' the MM and as a result it's the best it's ever been. If you don't want blowouts ask them to make a new game with healers and respawns, etc. but even then in games where those things exist and they have team based games on small maps they still happen, they still happen at the highest levels of game play between teams of unicums. So what exactly can the do to stop it by 'fixing' the MM?

I_QQ_4_U #14 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 15:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 31213 battles
  • 14,347
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostCollector1313, on Jul 23 2021 - 15:14, said:

 

well that utter bs 

 

 

 

Yes it is, so stop posting it.



Badkarma #15 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 15:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32290 battles
  • 1,874
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostDugoutDug, on Jul 18 2021 - 20:10, said:

So many 15-0 to 15-5 games that there is no way it's by accident.

 

Which makes sense from a business perspective. It keeps the player based pissed off and looking for any way to increase their individual odds of winning. Like buying premium time so they can run premium ammo. Or buying OP premium vehicles like the E-25 that of you set it up right can shoot with 25% camo.

 

I've been here seven years and MM is much worse now than it used to be. entire classes like clown cars unbalance the game even more. As do the mentioned OP premiums.

 

 

There are going to be even more of those lopsided battles after Crew 2.0 and FM's..enjoy!



UnitG2 #16 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 15:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41851 battles
  • 1,481
  • [88MPH] 88MPH
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014

View PostGothraul, on Jul 18 2021 - 15:52, said:

Get a job in retail and one quickly learns that angry customers always means fewer customers and the same applies to games like this that eventually there are fewer players. 

 

There is that middle part where the owner of a company blames dropping customer numbers on management.

 

Except it was his stupid ideas that caused this and he is so surprisingly, stupidly wealthy he has only surrounded himself with yesmen. Anyone who might give an honest assessment has been weeded out years ago.

 

That, or hes put his son-in-law in charge.



Markd73 #17 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 16:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 36671 battles
  • 9,983
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostWaarheid, on Jul 18 2021 - 22:48, said:


You are generally correct about most things, but this is not one of those things. 

MM is imbalanced, and has been for at least two years. SBMM is not the answer, but MM is a mess. 

 

MM can only work with the tanks/players in queue.

 

If these players are turbo bads determined to screw their teans, then there is nothing that the current MM can do about it.



Pontifex_Americana_Regin #18 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 16:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012

It's a feature

so stop saying needs a fix.

It need a overhaul



Jer1413 #19 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 16:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 57459 battles
  • 2,909
  • [RR13] RR13
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostDugoutDug, on Jul 18 2021 - 15:10, said:

 

 

Which makes sense from a business perspective. It keeps the player based pissed off 

 

 

Is that what they taught you in business 101?

 

 

View PostCollector1313, on Jul 23 2021 - 10:14, said:

ive had a horrible mm 2 days 

75 games 15% wins ? 

 

changed tanks classes tiers nothing matters 

last two months ive been consistantly 60+% 

 

so yeah ..... 

 

i just have sets of 10+ steamrolls over and over with an odd win here and there 

last time this happened to me was jan with a nasty 30 game losing in a row with 2 wins i believe 

 

what can u do u get into position and the clock hits 13:00 ppl start shooting 

by 12:00 6 are dead half bled out 

 

yeah 

 

not fun 

 

especially when u read the MM write up... clarly says if an account is hit with loss after loss( just like win after win) the mm will put u on a better chanced to win(or lose) to adjust 

well that utter bs 

 

 

Are you just copy/pasting the same lies in every thread on the board today?

 

So January was before you paid somebody to grind out your high tiers?

 

 



Cupujoe #20 Posted Jul 23 2021 - 17:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 11 battles
  • 3,907
  • Member since:
    12-25-2019

View PostJer1413, on Jul 23 2021 - 16:38, said:

 

Is that what they taught you in business 101?

 

 

 

Are you just copy/pasting the same lies in every thread on the board today?

 

So January was before you paid somebody to grind out your high tiers?

 

 

I didn't want to say it  but there's 3 or 4 tanks that sure look like someone else was playing them.........






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users