• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

anonym_4WYJkLuT2Ka0 #41 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 19:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostATruk, on Jul 19 2021 - 18:29, said:

What are you giving up?

Your crews will have the same (or better) level of performance.

Apparently you didn't do the crew 2.0 test server. Crew of 5 with 7 skills/perks. Converted to Crew 2.0 is a Commander at whatever a "65" level is that allows me to complete 5 skills/perks. Giving up thousands of battles worth of training is wthI am giving up. All 6 skill or higher crews are penalized.

ATruk #42 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 77915 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Jul 19 2021 - 11:10, said:

Your decade old game doesn't need to be made vastly more complicated. I mostly play WoT so I am invested in figuring out Crew 2.0, and reading through the new article...my eyes are glazing over. Imagine trying to explain this to a new-ish/casual player. The crew system could use some tweaks and I'm sure moving crews to any new system will be rather complicated. However, this is not it. I don't see a system designed to make the game better.

Ha! I hear that. That's me when I started to play WoT with the current system. I had to learn it.

Learning the new system will be easier for us experienced players now, and newbies will not even notice anything changed. The old system only seems easy because you already spent a lot of time understanding it. To a newbie it is as unfamiliar as the new system.

There are problems with the current system that will be remedied with the new, as well as providing more game configuration options.

anonym_4WYJkLuT2Ka0 #43 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostATruk, on Jul 19 2021 - 18:56, said:

Ha! I hear that. That's me when I started to play WoT with the current system. I had to learn it.

Learning the new system will be easier for us experienced players now, and newbies will not even notice anything changed. The old system only seems easy because you already spent a lot of time understanding it. To a newbie it is as unfamiliar as the new system.

There are problems with the current system that will be remedied with the new, as well as providing more game configuration options.

It's not learning something new, it's losing hundreds of thousands of exp points on the thousand or more crew members you have. And no the current system has no problems that require a complete rework of the crew system. leave it the [edited]alone.

24cups #44 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 28095 battles
  • [CBRO] CBRO
No thanks WG. Change for the sake of change. The current system just needed tweaks, not a rewrite.

Bring_The_Rain #45 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37486 battles
  • [JUDG] JUDG
Still need to fix adrenaline rush skill.

anonym_4WYJkLuT2Ka0 #46 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostBring_The_Rain, on Jul 19 2021 - 19:07, said:

Still need to fix adrenaline rush skill.

Is a perk not a skill. What needs to be fixed?

martingalindo #47 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50750 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

Some of the problems are still there

-Skill cap still to low, i lost skills in some tanks. For example Intuition or Adrenaline Rush cost 1 loader (in a medium) now it cost 10 points, the same as repair or cammo. In the current crew system i have tanks with at least 10 skills. Now that every skill cost like full crew skill the convertion is broken

-Some skills give less bonus than others and are situationals (work only in a determined situation) For example: Coherence Or Close Combat, they give 2,5% and works in a specific situation (close allied or close enemy) vs Brother in arms, that works in any distance, and gives  5%.

Less bonus, not active all the time and cost the same.  They should give the same bonus at least.

-The idea to have to put 30 points in a specific "training" To have the chance to get a talent is wrong. Put all the talents together and give the chance to choose 1 of them for every 30 points used

omi5cron #48 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 34065 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
no please god NO! why does Minsk hate the majority of the playerbase?

martingalindo #49 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 20:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50750 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostJackal58, on Jul 19 2021 - 16:10, said:

Is a perk not a skill. What needs to be fixed?

Now it cost 10 points, in the current system it cost only a crew with 1 skill at 100%.
Thats the problem

wadprime #50 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 21:14

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 32855 battles
  • [FKX] FKX

View PostJackal58, on Jul 19 2021 - 19:36, said:

Apparently you didn't do the crew 2.0 test server. Crew of 5 with 7 skills/perks. Converted to Crew 2.0 is a Commander at whatever a "65" level is that allows me to complete 5 skills/perks. Giving up thousands of battles worth of training is wthI am giving up. All 6 skill or higher crews are penalized.

Alright, for argument's sake, I'm testing this out with my progetto 46 crew right now:
Commander (7 skills): BIA, 6th sense, mentor, recon, jack of all trades, eagle eye, situational awareness

Gunner (6 skills): BIA, snap shot, deadeye, designated target, armorer, repairs

Driver (6 skills): BIA, clutch braking, off-road driving, preventative maintenance, smooth ride, repairs

Loader (6 skills): BIA, safe stowage, adrenaline rush, intuition, repairs, concealment

After accounting for the free skills (6th Sense, Mentor, and Triangulation), here's where I stand:
Commander (7 skills): BIA, recon, jack of all trades, eagle eye, situational awareness

Gunner (6 skills): BIA, snap shot, deadeye, designated target, armorer, repairs

Driver (6 skills): BIA, clutch braking, off-road driving, preventative maintenance, smooth ride, repairs

Loader (6 skills): BIA, safe stowage, adrenaline rush, intuition, repairs, concealment

Next, allocated 20 points for an equivalent amount for BIA and the rest of the applicable commander's perks and skills:

- 10 points for BIA

- 4 points for recon -> situational awareness

- N/A for jack of all trades, no 1-to-1 conversion

- N/A for eagle eye, no 1-to-1 conversion (see deadeye)

- 6 points for situational awareness

Next, 21 points for the gunner:
- 0 points for BIA, counted in commander conversion

- 0 points for snap shot (see smooth ride)

- 1 point for deadeye -> vulnerability expert (also gives eagle eye for a limited amount of time)

- 10 points for designated target -> fine adjustment (also gives added signal range)

- 10 points for armorer/repairs -> field repairs

28 for the driver:
- 10 points for clutch braking/off-road driving -> clutch breaking
- 10 smooth ride/snap shot -> smooth ride
- 8 points for preventative maintenance -> safety measures (not a 100% translation, but also includes firefighting, improves module durability, and reduces negative effect of modules suffering from a critical hit)
- 0 points for repairs, counted in gunner conversion

And lastly, 11 points for the loader:

- 0 points for safe stowage, counted in safety measures

- 5 points for adrenaline rush (note, skill was changed)

- 4 points for intuition (note, skill was changed)

- 0 points for repairs, counted in gunner conversion

- 2 points for concealment

Sure, some things don't line up exactly, but I fail to see how people in such a situation are getting "screwed". In fact, not only will I be getting all but 1 of the same skills I have now (jack of all trades is gone), but I'll also be gaining 4 instructor slots, 3 specializations, and 12% added vehicle handling. Additionally, I'll be getting the effects of firefighting, signal boosting, sound detection, and relaying, all for free.  I'd say that's well worth losing jack of all trades and perhaps a slight loss in how intuition now works. Not only that, but I haven't even taken talents into account, which, given this set up, unlocks 1 without needing to change up current skills or perks at all. So yeah, while this doesn't translate 100%, based on this I don't see how anyone can say they're getting screwed out of xp.

Edited by wadprime, Jul 19 2021 - 21:16.

ATruk #51 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 21:14

Captain

• Players
  • 77915 battles

View PostJackal58, on Jul 19 2021 - 11:36, said:

Still downloading.

The conversion simulator shows that 6 skills/perks maxes crew out to 80+. Then, additional skills/perks adds to vehicle handling.

So it is not lost; it goes to further improve crew/tank performance. Is this not so in the Sandbox?

Relatively speaking, your 7 skills/perks crew will convert to higher performance than my 6 skills/perks crew.

JollyBandit #52 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 21:28

Captain

• Players
  • 15120 battles

Crew rework again? 

ThePigSheFlies #53 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 87591 battles

View PostRides_with_Death, on Jul 19 2021 - 11:38, said:

I agree 110%, my wallet will be mini not maxing if this makes it live.  

for me, it's not even just the wallet.  I have a TON of battles, that's not in dispute.  That being said, my battle count in the past 16-18 months is a tiny fraction of prior history.

the combination of not having personal mission grinds, having all the top meta tanks I don't play, with the continuation of an emphasis on garbage fun™nel and/or face check brawling maps and then on top of it the insistence to constantly seek to reinvent the game and a laughably inept attempt to implement something as simple as recon mode that had to be cancelled just doesn't instill confidence that there's going to be any entertainment if I do log in.

View Postwadprime, on Jul 19 2021 - 15:14, said:

Sure, some things don't line up exactly, but I fail to see how people in such a situation are getting "screwed". In fact, not only will I be getting all but 1 of the same skills I have now (jack of all trades is gone), but I'll also be gaining 4 instructor slots, 3 specializations, and 12% added vehicle handling. Additionally, I'll be getting the effects of firefighting, signal boosting, sound detection, and relaying, all for free.  I'd say that's well worth losing jack of all trades and perhaps a slight loss in how intuition now works. Not only that, but I haven't even taken talents into account, which, given this set up, unlocks 1 without needing to change up current skills or perks at all. So yeah, while this doesn't translate 100%, based on this I don't see how anyone can say they're getting screwed out of xp.

signal boosting, sound detection and relaying...  are those as useless in sandbox as they currently are?

Beefy_Tanks #54 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 31172 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
Do not implement Crew 2.0 in any fashion. It will only make me go to Battlefield 2042 even faster. The crew system (other than giving all commanders Sixth Sense) is a garbled, confusing and annoying addition that is not necessary. I have put literal YEARS and HUNDREDS into my crews, and actually spent MONEY on naming my crews in the past, and if they are going to be reformatted and depersonalized by this change, I will be furious. I don't need this. No one does. I thought we killed this as a community after the first attempt at shoe-horning it in.

Listen to the players for once and cancel the project entirely please. Thank you.

Edit: As many have mentioned as well, your changes to the Intuition perk were FANTASTIC and added an actual advantage and purpose for the skill. Do things like that, not like this.

Edited by Beefy_Tanks, Jul 19 2021 - 22:37.

BeastsOfBattle #55 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21498 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Sand box server is unavailable... that helps me a lot.

DrWho_ #56 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 41909 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostHey_man_Gneis_shot, on Jul 19 2021 - 15:30, said:

Greetings, Commanders!

With your help, we tested Crew 2.0 on the Sandbox server several months ago. At the time, we received a huge number of questions and comments. After testing ended, we carefully analyzed all your feedback and the statistics we obtained, with particular attention paid to the most controversial aspects that sparked the hottest discussions.

We now invite you to take part in a new Sandbox test and assess the revised Crew 2.0 concept! The test begins on July 20, and each of you will have an opportunity to try out the new ideas and solutions that emerged from your feedback on the first iteration. Join the test, play, and share your impressions—together, we’ll determine the future of the new crew in World of Tanks!

Find out more about the Crew 2.0 Sandbox here!

It's stuff hardly anyone has asked for

You did well when you reworked the intuition skill why can't you just do this to more skills/perks people hardly ever use and leave the base system as it is. There's no need to bring a large hammer to a job that requires a small screwdriver

Badkarma #57 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:36

Captain

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jul 19 2021 - 15:55, said:

I legit would feel more comfortable if they just made changes to existing crew mechanics and management such as giving all new commanders 6th sense.  revising existing crew skills and introducing new ones - even if it cost me more to reskill a single crew member in favor a new, more relevant skill.

I've been saying this from the beginning; Crew 1.5 would be fine, accomplish their goals and not come up with a system that requires the Rosetta Stone to wade through and that won't require hours, if not days, of time to reconfigure all of your tanks.

AcePanzerCommander #58 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 22:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29113 battles
  • [RS] RS
Re balance the exp and effects of the current skills, add more skills as well. stop trying to brake something that isn't broken. please don't do this. people get attached to their crews that we have all be grinding and playing with for years, disturbing this in anyways isn't good for your bank accounts.

Mermaid_Witch #59 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 15323 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Jul 19 2021 - 14:53, said:

no please god NO! why does Minsk hate the majority of the playerbase?

Because the player base is a bunch of uppity talking wallets that won't shut up about how everything sucks and how it needs to be changed.  Then when Wargaming tries to change things because the wallets say everything sucks, the wallets get uppity again and complain about how everything was perfect and didn't need changing.

Really, with such a schizophrenic player base, it's a wonder they haven't just shut down the servers and mailed "thank you for your patronage" letters laced with anthrax to the players.

Altwar #60 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 65420 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Where's my crew battle counts?  My T34 Heavy radio man has the most battles of all my 600 crew members.   It's a uniqueness I treasure! 

And the items mentioned by others not wanting Crew 2.0 I'm also agreeing with.  Not wanted, not needed!!

Don't give me a reason to finally dig into my unplayed Stream games.

Also tagged with sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users