Crew 2.0

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:00

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

[IMPORTANT NOTE: WGNA has nothing to do with Crew 2.0 and they have no part in the decision making on its changes or implementation. Whenever I mention Wargaming, I'm talking about Minsk, the headquarters and sole decision making entity.  WGNA wants us to be happy and they know this storm is coming, so please be kind to them. They are GREAT people! ]

Howdy Tankers,

Wargaming appears determined to revamp Crew Skills so that players will be forced to take action (and hopefully spend $).

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/crew-2-0-sandbox-2/

Please understand that this is an all or nothing kind of situation. You will not be able to cherry pick. If people start pointing out something/anything positive (like auto 6th Sense), it will be viewed as being positive for ALL of the Crew 2.0 changes.  

Look, we all want certain changes to be implemented. Some folks really want new maps, or map reworks. I, personally, want better matchmaking, +/-1, and removal of every non-premium EBR from the game.  To me, Crew 2.0 negates all of my relentless effort, expense and commitment/loyalty to work on my crew skills. I don't like playing other games, or my alt account, because that's time taken away from my main account crew skills - which I use to my advantage.  I absolutely HATE the concept of Crew 2.0 and am hopeful that there is enough revolt that they permanently scrap it this time.  But I can't do that alone, and even we as an NA group cannot have a material impact on this course of action.  It'll really be up to how the RU and EU servers respond.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinions so that the memos from NA to RU reflect our thoughts.

I hope you will join me in my complete rejection of Crew 2.0 because I love this game and want it to remain healthy for another 10 years.  If any of you remember how well "New Coke" went over, it'd be great if Crew 2.0 joined that path. :harp:

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

__WarChild__

PS - I would really like it if folks would be kind to each other in this thread.  I'm always fair game (I'm getting blamed anyway) though, so feel free to express your thoughts no matter what they may be ;)

Edited by __WarChild__, Jul 19 2021 - 16:21.

Bad_Oedipus #2 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:08

Captain

• Players
  • 57763 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

Best idea since:

Benjeeh_CA #3 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:14

Captain

• Players
  • 32102 battles
  • [NAT-1] NAT-1
The only part of crew 2 I was looking forward to was the one crew capable of running 3 vehicles but I didnt see it in the notes did I miss it or did they remove that?

Spam_Goose #4 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14990 battles
  • [PHASY] PHASY

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 19 2021 - 08:00, said:

[IMPORTANT NOTE: WGNA has nothing to do with Crew 2.0 and they have no part in the decision making on its changes or implementation. Whenever I mention Wargaming, I'm talking about Minsk, the headquarters and sole decision making entity.  WGNA wants us to be happy and they know this storm is coming, so please be kind to them. They are GREAT people! ]

Howdy Tankers,

Wargaming appears determined to revamp Crew Skills so that players will be forced to take action (and hopefully spend $).

Please understand that this is an all or nothing kind of situation. You will not be able to cherry pick. If people start pointing out something/anything positive (like auto 6th Sense), it will be viewed as being positive for ALL of the Crew 2.0 changes.  

Look, we all want certain changes to be implemented. Some folks really want new maps, or map reworks. I, personally, want better matchmaking, +/-1, and removal of every non-premium EBR from the game.  To me, Crew 2.0 negates all of my relentless effort, expense and commitment/loyalty to work on my crew skills. I don't like playing other games, or my alt account, because that's time taken away from my main account crew skills - which I use to my advantage.  I absolutely HATE the concept of Crew 2.0 and am hopeful that there is enough revolt that they permanently scrap it this time.  But I can't do that alone, and even we as an NA group cannot have a material impact on this course of action.  It'll really be up to how the RU and EU servers respond.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinions so that the memos from NA to RU reflect our thoughts.

I hope you will join me in my complete rejection of Crew 2.0 because I love this game want it to remain healthy for another 10 years.  If any of you remember how well "New Coke" went over, it'd be great if Crew 2.0 joined that path. :harp:

Sincerely,

__WarChild__

PS - I would really like it if folks would be kind to each other in this thread.  I'm always fair game (I'm getting blamed anyway) though, so feel free to express your thoughts no matter what they may be ;)

want to be a happy man? Read this:
Crew 2.0 is back for Sandbox testing - Gameplay - World of Tanks official forum this is from the EU forum (some positive, a lot of negative)
Экипаж 2.0. Новый тест в «Песочнице»! - Новости - Официальный форум игры World of Tanks this is from the RU forum (wont let me translate it so someone else can if they want to know what they said)

MrMysterious #5 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 93322 battles
  • [JYNX] JYNX

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 19 2021 - 15:00, said:

Howdy Tankers,

I hope you will join me in my complete rejection of Crew 2.0 because I love this game want it to remain healthy for another 10 years.  If any of you remember how well "New Coke" went over, it'd be great if Crew 2.0 joined that path. :harp:

Sincerely,

__WarChild__

110% with you Warchild.  This is a slap at all my work with crew skills.  I get adding a few crew skills but a wholesale change is just too much.  I know one day the game will be dead and all I have put in it will be only memorialized on my tombstone but let me go in dignity wargaming.  There is nothing good about this change.

Saydzhi #6 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:17

Captain

• Players
  • 1951 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
The lurking of this asinine idea is the #1 reason I am currently on a closed wallet and a vacation.  I knew they would bring back this absurdity. I will thank WG though, as the free up of time and money I was spending here has helped me get back to other hobbies I had.  I enjoyed the day at the range as ammo these days costs as much as a premium tank. 

Waylandie #7 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25572 battles
Until they completely kill crew 2.0, which is unasked for and unwanted I won't be spending money with this company.  I've spent way to much time getting crews to the 5-6 perk range, just to have it all thrown away.   When you factor in the millions in credits, gold and real money this is a slap in the face.  

The whole idea of tank talent trees is also just stupid.  If I want to play a mmo with talent trees I will go play world of warcraft.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:25

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

There are some really smart and great players (other CCs) that "want changes" to the game and will view this as a positive move to some extent.  That's a constant battle in another social media realm that continues...

__WarChild__

Pak_42 #9 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 49542 battles
  • [CLAS4] CLAS4
I'm logging in to sandbox. You have to participate to get the survey. I'm with you WC, also what Bad_Oedipus has said about the time needed to set up crew again. Crew conversion simulator. Just no. 

Projectile_Misfired #10 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 39482 battles

I had the same thoughts about your assessment of WG taking "any" positive feedback (like 6th Sense for all) as "overall approval" of Crew 2.0, OP. 

I think that if players really want Crew 2.0 to disappear, they wouldn't mention ANYTHING that they like about it. They should ONLY mention the BAD.

__WarChild__ #11 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:35

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jul 19 2021 - 09:32, said:

I had the same thoughts about your assessment of WG taking "any" positive feedback (like 6th Sense for all) as "overall approval" of Crew 2.0, OP. 

I think that if players really want Crew 2.0 to disappear, they wouldn't mention ANYTHING that they like about it. They should ONLY mention the BAD.

Exactly!  Because if you point out positives, that'll just give them the excuse to tweak it and bring it back again.  The tweaks they made this last time are like spraying perfume on a skunk tail. :facepalm:

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, Jul 19 2021 - 16:38.

SlappedbyRommel #12 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:43

Captain

• Players
  • 19285 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Jul 19 2021 - 16:32, said:

I just hope people don't drink the coolaid and say this is the best. No matter what WG does it is a way to charge for something just like a gd airport improvement tax another form of garbage.

Edited by SlappedbyRommel, Jul 19 2021 - 16:44.

LadyMae #13 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:43

Staff sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 20183 battles
  • [CBRO3] CBRO3

Dear Wargaming,

No.

From Texas with Love,

LadyMae

__WarChild__ #14 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:45

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostLadyMae, on Jul 19 2021 - 09:43, said:

Dear Wargaming,

No.

From Texas with Love,

LadyMae

Aww... Nice one!

:girl:

__WarChild__

Tankpowrd2 #15 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44875 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
I think the phrase "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" applies excellently here. The current crew system works just fine and doesn't need a change!

SlappedbyRommel #16 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:54

Captain

• Players
  • 19285 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostTankpowrd2, on Jul 19 2021 - 16:47, said:

I think the phrase "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" applies excellently here. The current crew system works just fine and doesn't need a change!

But comrade must need green backs now.

Cowcat137 #17 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 24226 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

Suicidal_Enemy #18 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 52439 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA

View PostWaylandie, on Jul 19 2021 - 11:24, said:

If I want to play a mmo with talent trees I will go play world of warcraft.

Final Fantasy XIV *cough cough*

__WarChild__ #19 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 17:08

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48253 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I am not a QB fan (in fact, I'm a detractor), but I might let up a bit after seeing this:

Could not agree more or say it better. :honoring:

__WarChild__

Sandor_steel #20 Posted Jul 19 2021 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9505 battles
I have said this before and will say it again. It just blows my mind how hostile War Gaming is towards its customer base on multiple issues.

Also tagged with Crew 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users