The GSOR 1008 Is ...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Nonamanadus #21 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 39907 battles
  • [D_-_D] D_-_D

Lor is better for up close maneuvers, peek & poke shooting (ridge fighting for example). GSOR is better for mid range shooting or ambush fighting. Lor is more flexible because of the speed for the various maps but the GSOR can punish more heavily armored adversaries (hit/pen ratio will be higher). Between these two I prefer the TD over the medium because of the bust output and pen values and you can play it like a medium.

The thing is you have to understand how to play either tank correctly to maximize their potential output, they are not very forgiving vehicles so if you get in trouble you end up back in the garage rather quickly.

TheRealSerapth #22 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 18:22

Captain

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostJaguarz, on Jul 25 2021 - 16:31, said:

Lorraine is a nimble barn, it can get in, dump the clip and get out, the GSOR dumps a clip and then hopes they dont get spotted/pushed while on clip. They couldn't be more dissimilar if they tried.

You also dont play the Lorraine very well and have only 9 games in the GSOR, the flexibility hit is a massive drawback for game changing play. Im glad you found something you are enjoying.

...yeah, look at recent.  Unlike you, I'm not a reroll, so stats are going to improve over time.  2000WN8 recent isn't exactly terrible in the tank.

SociopathicTroll #23 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3415 battles

View PostDraschel, on Jul 25 2021 - 05:48, said:

They are comparable, sure. But there are differences, and GSOR doesn't really do everything lorraine can

GSOR::

Better armor, no contest.                  - bad DPM, even worse than Lorr

Better stationary camo                     - poor ammo capacity

Excellent gun depression                 - horrendous APCR drop off

Good close range APCR pen           - average mobility 

Nice alpha and burst                        

Lorraine::

Better view range                              - Huge size, HE screws you over                          

Better gun handling                           - annoying aim-time and after-shot dispersion

Better traverse and HP for brawling  - annoying cupola, GSOR has none

Better mobility and reverse 

Better ranged performance

How does the Lorraine have better ranged performance? My GSOR has like a 0.28 dispersion 

TheRealSerapth #24 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostSociopathicTroll, on Jul 25 2021 - 18:35, said:

How does the Lorraine have better ranged performance? My GSOR has like a 0.28 dispersion 

Yeah I have to disagree fully with that one.  Gun handling is better on the GSOR.  Heck it was the trolling gun that gave me the most trouble with the Lorr early on.  

Jaguarz #25 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 18:51

Captain

• Players
  • 11730 battles
  • [CRDWN] CRDWN

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Jul 25 2021 - 18:22, said:

...yeah, look at recent.  Unlike you, I'm not a reroll, so stats are going to improve over time.  2000WN8 recent isn't exactly terrible in the tank.

yeah, I rerolled in 2012, try again batman and as for recents Im doing the silly 279e missions so padding wn8, which I dont do anyway, is even less of a priority.

Edited by Jaguarz, Jul 25 2021 - 18:53.

Draschel #26 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 19:10

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

View PostSociopathicTroll, on Jul 25 2021 - 18:35, said:

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Jul 25 2021 - 18:49, said:

I have to disagree fully with that one.  Gun handling is better on the GSOR.  Heck it was the trolling gun that gave me the most trouble with the Lorr early on.  

Lorraine has issues with after-shot dispersion, and it has issues with aim time. But its inter-shot is slightly slower, so it can do more to control them shots. 

But GSOR has incredible flaw, in that the dispersion in traverse is excruciatingly bad. It is like a self propelled gun. If it so much as touches traverses, it deals with massive bloom. Although GSOR does have better after-shot dispersion, it still isn't good, and it fires faster meaning bloom is more. It is like hellcat or charioteer. This is awful for gun handling. In addition, Lorraine can equip vertical stabilizer, while GSOR cannot. Dispersion the most important gun handling stat

What I mean by ranged performance, is the APCR drop off. @ 500m, GSOR pen is a lie. 320APCR drops to 220. This is pathetically bad, among worst APCR drop off in the game. Despite Lorraine 60 less APCR pen, at range it only drops 10mm to 250, a whopping 30mm pen over GSOR, which starts off with 320. That is terrible.

Draschel #27 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Jul 25 2021 - 13:53, said:

DPM isn't super critical in an autoloader; it's more about finding the best and earliest opportunities to dump your clip.  In Tier 8 Mediums that have at least 30 games played, of which I have 28, my Lorr has my 5th highest DPM, and even then, it's only 34 DPM away from my highest.

DPM isn't a main concern for auto loaders. But it isn't a non-factor either. Being able to dump damage more often, is great. Think T57.

The comfort provided, by something like progetto  703-II  Somua and Emil 1 in DPM provides more opportunity than things like Skoda T27, T77, GSOR. And not just opportunity offensively, but vulnerability defensively. 

TheRealSerapth #28 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 19:27

Captain

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostJaguarz, on Jul 25 2021 - 18:51, said:

yeah, I rerolled in 2012, try again batman and as for recents Im doing the silly 279e missions so padding wn8, which I dont do anyway, is even less of a priority.

….suuuuuuuuure.  Sub 10k games played, almost none under tier 6.  It’s textbook reroll.  Account date means squat, probably did a stat reset.

Hey, I don’t care either way, you do you.

Draschel #29 Posted Jul 25 2021 - 20:34

Captain

• Players
  • 2074 battles

Are you going to argue with Gang_starr, the same way? And make fun of his account too? That was yesterday. 

People are telling you the same thing, and you blindly dodge the numbers. 0.29/0.29 are horrendous tier VI gun stats. Nevermind tier VIII

It has massively more horsepower available, better reverse speed, traverse rates both vehicular and turret. and an edge view range. The movement camo aren't too far apart (not even 1.00 base) and stationary camo won't matter because you are using bushes anyway. 320mm APCR dropping 400-500m to 220mm is laughable, don't you even look at the figures? They are there to see. 263mm dropping to 253, is inconsequential and excellent drop off. Lorraine has 150 more DPM, thats like 1/2 shot more per min

Hold your horses. I am not saying GSOR is better, or Lorraine is better. If I had to choose which I'd rather buy with a 30% coupon, it would be GSOR because I like TD and I need a brit TD trainer. This is not about that, or about who is using them. This is about you being wrong in obnoxiously saying GSOR does everything better. Which it clearly don't

Foo_ #30 Posted Jul 30 2021 - 21:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 13009 battles
I like it but wouldnt spend money to get one with that reload.

Fray_Bentos_Lite #31 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 21:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25123 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

The one skill crew on my GSOR 1008 rental has given this Tomato of a player a 52% win rate in this TD and has made me a ton of credits.  That says a lot about how good this thing is.  I have a 53% win rate on the Char Futur 4 and I have to play it in a similar fashion, albeit more support TD than sneaky support Medium.  The downside is the 44 second reload is even worse than the 40 second Char Futur 4 reload but the 2 second interclip reload makes it a better autoloader than the 4 second interclip on the Char Futur 4.  As long as you have a good team and good support you can have fantastic games in these autoloaders.  The good multiclip games I have in these tanks more than make up for those 1 clip wipeouts where your team melts and you get swarmed before you can even load your 2nd clip.  As long as you are not overly aggressive (1 clip suicide missions) I think this TD has a slight unfair advantage over many tanks.  

TheRealSerapth #32 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 00:22

Captain

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostFray_Bentos_Lite, on Aug 03 2021 - 21:35, said:

The one skill crew on my GSOR 1008 rental has given this Tomato of a player a 52% win rate in this TD and has made me a ton of credits.  That says a lot about how good this thing is.  I have a 53% win rate on the Char Futur 4 and I have to play it in a similar fashion, albeit more support TD than sneaky support Medium.  The downside is the 44 second reload is even worse than the 40 second Char Futur 4 reload but the 2 second interclip reload makes it a better autoloader than the 4 second interclip on the Char Futur 4.  As long as you have a good team and good support you can have fantastic games in these autoloaders.  The good multiclip games I have in these tanks more than make up for those 1 clip wipeouts where your team melts and you get swarmed before you can even load your 2nd clip.  As long as you are not overly aggressive (1 clip suicide missions) I think this TD has a slight unfair advantage over many tanks.  

The GSOR is what you get if Borat and Char Futur got it on and had a baby.  Borat ambush ability with Char like reload, stealth and accuracy.  Unfortunately that baby is slow as heck except in a straight line.

I generally start the match as a mid range sniping TD (that good round suuuuuuuuucks at range), then switch to a hunter/ambush role once the games been going for a while and tanks have taken a few hits.

With more time in it, it has become one of my all time favourite tanks, even if it’s trolled me the last 24 hours!

Edited by TheRealSerapth, Aug 04 2021 - 00:24.

DeviouslyCursed #33 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 11384 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Jul 24 2021 - 22:55, said:

... a Lorraine 40t, except better in every single way.

It plays identically, same obscenely long reload, same 4 shot clip, except the GSOR is:

- More accurate

- Massively higher pen on premium round

- Faster and slightly more maneuverable

- Higher Alpha

- Faster inner clip

- MASSIVELY better armor

- Better camo (I think)

- 3 Degrees more gun depression (this one is HUGE)

- Both make credits poorly for premiums

So if you like the Lorraine 40t, you will love the GSOR.  It has all the same downsides but so many more upsides.  At this point I have trouble thinking of a reason to play the Lorr again now that I have a GSOR.  It's the exact same playstyle, exact same tank, just... you know, better.

That said, the game is really hard to play right now, as it's absolutely infested with GSORs and probably will be all weekend.

Oh, and if you are pure tomato and thinking OP tank will make you win, think again.  Both the Lorr and the GSOR are fairly hard tanks to play, if you want to do more than 1 clip worth of damage.  You need to know your map very well, be able to read the ebb and flow of battle to know when to push and when to hide for your reload.  It's also a pretty horrid redline sniper, so I would highly recommend against buying it for that, the rounds just lose so much penn over distance.  I mean, it works, but you're probably playing the tank wrong.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the GSOR is a TD according to MM, and the Lorraine is a Med. Why is this relevant? See below.

I have to agree with those who said you are playing the Lorraine wrong. How the hell do you only have .6 average spots per battle? You are totally not using it correctly.

Your GSOR has low average spots too. So basically what you are saying is: when you play a medium like a TD, an actual TD is better. Well thanks for the obvious tip.

I'm betting the reason you are losing too much in your Lorraine is you are playing your Med like a TD, and your team is effectively down a Med.

Edited by DeviouslyCursed, Aug 04 2021 - 00:52.

Whyld #34 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38348 battles

View PostTheRealSerapth, on Jul 24 2021 - 19:12, said:

I watched the reviews too.  Red far more than I ever expected.

The naysayers on the GSOR are nuts.  It’s not the fastest tank you’ll find, but it’s generally fast enough.  Especially given all the negativity it has in some reviews.

In actually playing it, it ultimately gets into the same position as a Lorraine in about the exact same amount of time.  Like I said, they feel very similar.

It’s a finisher…. It doesn’t want to arrive first.  That clip should looking to take out wounded tanks not fresh tanks.  

Fray_Bentos_Lite #35 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 03:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25123 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostWhyld, on Aug 04 2021 - 00:55, said:

It’s a finisher…. It doesn’t want to arrive first.  That clip should looking to take out wounded tanks not fresh tanks.  

Exactly.  Excelllent point.  I remember early on trying to clip a slightly wounded IS-3 at the start of a game only to have RNG @#$ me and have that 44 second "Oh @#$"  moment before I died from that IS-3 with less than 25 hp remaining.  Snipe at full health tanks and then move in to clean up the one shots.  

Lord_Braap #36 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 03:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25393 battles

View PostWhyld, on Aug 03 2021 - 18:55, said:

Hang back at the start, farm a little, then roll in and take them out 2 at a time. This is the way. 

Sathius #37 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 18:53

Private

• Players
  • 16381 battles

The GSOR 1008 is way over powered the strong turret armor and depression angles make it invincible at hill combat with the high damage gun and auto loader this thing makes the game unplayable if the other team has multiple of them and play them well. This tank needs to lose some turret armor, lose some damage and some pen....then it may be balanced with the rest of the tanks. Right now it is game breaking and needs a hard nerf.

1stOregonVolCavalry #38 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11300 battles
  • [B-B-T] B-B-T
Won the GSOR 1008 in my first lootbox last xmas. Rarely play it as I pull teeth waiting for the 40+ second reload
Having said that, it’s one of my two go-to tanks when I am looking for kills and once I do play it I tend to play it for a stretch as it’s tactically very fun to work around the reload if Iam in the right frame if mind. Best part is that it’s made the 8 second reload on my Hellcat seem short

Lord_Smaug #39 Posted Sep 06 2021 - 19:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 752 battles
The only thing that I hate about playing this TD other than the horrendous clip reload is the gun handling stats beyond that it has been my most played TD for this year thus far. The crew reqs are painful so zero perk bia crews are necessary.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users