Crew 2.0 Opinions? [Survey/Poll]

Crew Sandbox Feedback Opinions

15 replies to this topic

Triple_Cheese________OwO #1 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 12:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Personally, I'm not in favor of these crew changes. I have been playing this game since around 2013/14, and I have spent money on the game. There have been many changes that WG has made over the years that I have not liked, as well as others that I have. Call me a simp or whatever, but I just wanna keep my female crews the way they are.

I don't want this to be a rant about Crew 2.0, but I do want to share that I do not support these changes. 

What I do want to see, is what your opinions are?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/737793R

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #2 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 14:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37983 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

There are several things I like about Crew 2.0 and a few things I don't.  

I don't like crew trainers.  Crew trainers will be essential to being competitive and currently those who have been around the longest and/or pay real money will have the most amount of crew trainers.  Crew trainers make the crew system overly complicated.  Keep it simple!

I also don't like how overly complicated the conversion process is.  If it is implemented as is, I will probably just not convert any crew and wait until the following patch when they are supposed to convert all unconverted crew into crew books.  I would strongly prefer they allow each player to choose which crew member they want as a commander for each tank and then manually convert the other crew members into crew-books to be distributed the way each player chooses.  This would be much simpler and would allow players to consolidate their crews. 

Other things that are positive about 2.0:
Being able to recruit a new commander for free: no gold, no credits.  This is great for new and casual players.

Some of the changes to the crew skills are good, it's way past due that there were updates to some skills.

Having the ability to train commanders for multiple vehicles.  WG should give players a handful of free cross-training kits similar to the de-mounting kits for tank equipment.

Waarheid #3 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 25377 battles
Your "poll" is not even remotely showing that you are interested in people's opinions. There are some things about Crew 2.0 that are good for the game, but there is also a lot that is horrible. 

acer14 #4 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 15:37

Private

• Players
  • 57737 battles
  • [FFS-] FFS-

Been reading and watching streams about this crew 2.0!   And again WOT is going to screw it's player base over again to make what once was a free to plat game truly pay to play! I've been playing this game for almost 12 years and the people running WOT have done more in the past 6 years to ruin this game than  any of the positive improvements they made in the first 6 years! This is mothing but another B>S> way to screw there players base over again! What happened to making the game more enjoyable! Now it all about the greed! 

I as a veteran player  am 100% against this crew 2.0 B>S> crap. and feel maybe it's time to move on to another game that is not systematically bleeding there players out of there  money! 

DO NOT IMPLIMENT THIS! IT IS TO COMPLICATED AND WILL ONCE AGAIN MAKE THE GAME EVEN MORE UNPLATABLE THAN IT IS NOW!

BUT WOT HAS NO INTRESET IN WHAT THE PLAYER WANT OR THINK! IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW THEY CAN STEAL MORE MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKETS!

CAPTMUDDXX #5 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 16:52

Captain

• Players
  • 21798 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN

View PostTriple_Cheese, on Jul 26 2021 - 06:06, said:

Personally, I'm not in favor of these crew changes. I have been playing this game since around 2013/14, and I have spent money on the game. There have been many changes that WG has made over the years that I have not liked, as well as others that I have. Call me a simp or whatever, but I just wanna keep my female crews the way they are.

I don't want this to be a rant about Crew 2.0, but I do want to share that I do not support these changes. 

What I do want to see, is what your opinions are?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/737793R

As a wise friend often said. "If there's one thing I can't stand it's something I don't like."

GWyatt #6 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 17:25

Captain

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Jul 26 2021 - 08:36, said:

I don't like crew trainers.  Crew trainers will be essential to being competitive and currently those who have been around the longest and/or pay real money will have the most amount of crew trainers.  Crew trainers make the crew system overly complicated.  Keep it simple!

I also don't like how overly complicated the conversion process is.  If it is implemented as is, I will probably just not convert any crew and wait until the following patch when they are supposed to convert all unconverted crew into crew books.  I would strongly prefer they allow each player to choose which crew member they want as a commander for each tank and then manually convert the other crew members into crew-books to be distributed the way each player chooses.  This would be much simpler and would allow players to consolidate their crews. 

Being able to recruit a new commander for free: no gold, no credits.  This is great for new and casual players.

Some of the changes to the crew skills are good, it's way past due that there were updates to some skills.

Having the ability to train commanders for multiple vehicles.  WG should give players a handful of free cross-training kits similar to the de-mounting kits for tank equipment.

Did you try this out on the Sandbox? The conversion process is very straight forward, you press a button and it gives you a new Commander/Crew that is very close in what tank stats it affects that you had before Crew 2.0. You don't have to do a thing after that to play your tank if you don't want to.

DVK9 #7 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 17:39

Captain

• Players
  • 28016 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Do I want crew 2.0 installed as it is in its current setup? Heck no.

Would I mind it if there were tweaks applied to the current system? Heck No.

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #8 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37983 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View PostGWyatt, on Jul 26 2021 - 10:25, said:

Did you try this out on the Sandbox? The conversion process is very straight forward, you press a button and it gives you a new Commander/Crew that is very close in what tank stats it affects that you had before Crew 2.0. You don't have to do a thing after that to play your tank if you don't want to.

Yes, you could simply hit the conversion process and be done, but you would lose out on a potentially significant gain of crew XP by doing so.  If you were willing to spend some gold you could split a 4-6 man crew into two or three different crews using lower tier tanks since WG is taking the average of the crew XP and not the total.  This would be great for players willing to spend 750-1150 gold per gold to maximize their crew XP.  Free-to-play players simply hitting the conversion button will lose out on this potential and significant gain in crew XP.  Free-to-play players would be able to benefit IF they didn't convert any crews and waited until the subsequent patch when the crews were converted to crew books.  It would be simpler and more beneficial to all players to allow a manual conversion of crew into crew books.  No gold needed to benefit from this retraining 'loophole' conversion and it would level the playing field. 

1st35thAR #9 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 20:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 8574 battles

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Jul 26 2021 - 14:36, said:

Hey, where did you read or hear about the part I highlighted in red ... automatic conversion to crewbooks in a subsequent patch?  Thanks!

Waylandie #10 Posted Jul 26 2021 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25672 battles

View PostGWyatt, on Jul 26 2021 - 17:25, said:

Did you play it?  Because that is not even close to being an accurate statement.  In fact, it is a straight out lie.

Nucmedman #11 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 04:25

Private

• Players
  • 22952 battles
From the little I've been able to play on sandbox, it just feel like your putting each tank into a box. They will only truly be able to play one way once you pick those "specialties" skill/perks the first time around. Feels like you won't be able to be as flexible in each match as you need to be depending on the map/enemy team/ game type etc. The skills/perks definitely needs an upgrade, new ones added useless ones removed entirely, but the system the way it is atm just does not really work imo.

Baksteen_01 #12 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 09:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 5077 battles
  • [PLW] PLW
I actually like the new crew 2.0 system but they need to tone it down as it's to OP at the moment, The old system feels old and needs a revamp.

Thor_One #13 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 10:46

Private

• Players
  • 42584 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER
This is a terrible idea.

KvTanker74 #14 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 12:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 25990 battles
  • [DCBLD] DCBLD

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Jul 26 2021 - 18:48, said:

Yes, you could simply hit the conversion process and be done, but you would lose out on a potentially significant gain of crew XP by doing so.  If you were willing to spend some gold you could split a 4-6 man crew into two or three different crews using lower tier tanks since WG is taking the average of the crew XP and not the total.  This would be great for players willing to spend 750-1150 gold per gold to maximize their crew XP.  Free-to-play players simply hitting the conversion button will lose out on this potential and significant gain in crew XP.  Free-to-play players would be able to benefit IF they didn't convert any crews and waited until the subsequent patch when the crews were converted to crew books.  It would be simpler and more beneficial to all players to allow a manual conversion of crew into crew books.  No gold needed to benefit from this retraining 'loophole' conversion and it would level the playing field. 

I agree, in fact since WG is going to implement 2.0 anyway would be to offer the conversion from reservist to tank crew for any tank for free for the first time so we would have the chance to have some decent crews. I'm also not really found of their system to train the same crew for 3 different tanks, losing xp twice at least if you don't want to spend gold. 

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #15 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 15:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37983 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View Post1st35thAR, on Jul 26 2021 - 13:29, said:

Hey, where did you read or hear about the part I highlighted in red ... automatic conversion to crewbooks in a subsequent patch?  Thanks!

It was posted in the forums during the last Sandbox test.  I believe it originated from a Dev stream.  Badkarma posted a link from the EU forum translated from a Russian article and it confirms the same info.  I've seen speculation that it will be the next patch and others are saying the end of the year.  I will probably convert 1 or 2 crews to play and wait until the rest are converted.  This should let me squeeze the most crew XP out of this mess. 

Here's the link from Badkarma: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/649758-developers-response-to-sandbox-surveys/

ALIEN_STICKS #16 Posted Jul 27 2021 - 16:08

Private

• Players
  • 23617 battles
Na minha opinião a nova tripulação 2.0 melhora e muito em vários aspectos os meus veículos favoritos, mas em contra partida torna um pouco desbalanceado alguns tanques já muito fortes no jogo, um exemplo é o Chieftain t95/fv4201 e o obj 260, ficam muito ágeis e com um poder de fogo extraordinário e assim deixando alguns outros tanques do mesmo tier obsoletos.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with Crew, Sandbox, Feedback, Opinions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users