If Tier IX is Going to Be in Frontline...

Frontline Tier IX

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

General_Greg101 #1 Posted Aug 01 2021 - 05:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19645 battles

If WG insists on adding tier IX to Frontline; Can we make it is so ALL Bases must be captured to deploy tier IX tanks? Right now the requirement is to just capture one base on the second line (D, E, F)  which is just frankly too easy. Requiring all bases to be captured would greatly change the game I believe for the better, and would provide the following benefits:

- It would greatly reduce if not outright stop the attempts to just escalate the battle to tier IX via yolo rushes, mass lights with engineering (or whatever the perk is now) etc.

- Requiring all bases to be captured would keep a good chunk of the battle to tier VIII.

- Provides another incentive to capture/defend the bases aside from additional time.

- Makes for some serious competition. Do you let the attackers capture all of the points and try to hold them off with tier IX tanks? Or try to deny them by holding all the points?

Once again, it is just too easy for tier IX tanks to enter the battle. Whether it be all bases captured, a set time, or some other requirement there needs to be something. The current requirements just make it inevitable every single time, which if it stays that way we might as well allow tier IXs at the start. Thoughts below.

GSOR3301_AVR_FS #2 Posted Aug 01 2021 - 05:57

Captain

• Players
  • 1490 battles
  • [ZAKO] ZAKO

View PostGeneral_Greg101, on Aug 01 2021 - 05:08, said:

- It would greatly reduce if not outright stop the attempts to just escalate the battle to tier IX via yolo rushes, mass lights with engineering (or whatever the perk is now) etc.

On the bold; Engineering got effectively nerfed hugely with the reserve changes (and for the better in my experience). For a Light to get it they would have to reach atleast Sergeant and they'll only have Level I Engineering at first. No more 30s fastcaps at the start of the game because a platoon of EBRs had Level III Engineering and yolo'd straight onto the caps.

It's a pretty good change IMO, at the expense of blocking caps now is also arguably harder since not every defender has like 15s cap block on damage/completely blocks the cap if they get in the circle, though the latter isn't that big anyway since that strat only realistically worked on Normandie A Or Kraftwerk B. Still, the increase in time it takes for the attackers to cap gives defender a much better chance at getting a reset off.

General_Greg101 #3 Posted Aug 01 2021 - 07:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19645 battles

View PostGSOR3301_AVR_FS, on Jul 31 2021 - 20:57, said:

On the bold; Engineering got effectively nerfed hugely with the reserve changes (and for the better in my experience). For a Light to get it they would have to reach atleast Sergeant and they'll only have Level I Engineering at first. No more 30s fastcaps at the start of the game because a platoon of EBRs had Level III Engineering and yolo'd straight onto the caps.

It's a pretty good change IMO, at the expense of blocking caps now is also arguably harder since not every defender has like 15s cap block on damage/completely blocks the cap if they get in the circle, though the latter isn't that big anyway since that strat only realistically worked on Normandie A Or Kraftwerk B. Still, the increase in time it takes for the attackers to cap gives defender a much better chance at getting a reset off.

I agree with the changes to engineering. The fast caps of the previous season were rather devastating and did need to go. Thank you for this information.

Even with the strat gimped however the principal here still stands that the IXs (at least in my view) are too easy to deploy, and that many will try to push to the second line caps to the point of ignoring other flanks entirely, or throwing away tanks to get the IXs out. Why they will do this is... there's all kind of reasons. Some think their tier IX play is unbeatable, they hate tier VIII for some reason etc. I would like to see the bar set a little higher than one base on the second line to get tier IXs, because honestly once tier IX is unlocked majority are going to go tier IX, and most likely not go back unless they are destroyed or run out.    

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Aug 01 2021 - 13:54

Major

• Players
  • 83645 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Here's a popular mode that many folks like.  Let's "fix" it.  :sceptic:

For folks that are ???

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/frontline-2021/

WarGanz_87 #5 Posted Aug 01 2021 - 22:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78195 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

I'll go one further with that all first line bases need to be captured prior to any second line base can be captured. Allow fights in that area but disable capping. And that all second line bases need to be captured prior to any objective attack and release of reward Tier IX's. 

I was in favor of allowing a limited # of Tier IX reward tanks(like arty is done) in Frontline but this [edited]up of every Tier IX is a pure cluster F.  

Also tagged with Frontline, Tier IX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users