Jump to content


The Chieftain's Random Musings Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5299 replies to this topic

The_Chieftain #5281 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 09:14

    Military Specialist

  • Military Specialist
  • 4220 battles
  • 6,591
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
Bollocks. Have discovered that twitch does not automatically archive broadcasts. Epic TOG from yesterday thus has been consigned to memory.

Otto_matic_Reiffel #5282 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 10:01

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles
  • 1,972
  • Member since:
    11-16-2010

{lang:macro__view_post}The_Chieftain, on Apr 22 2014 - 17:44, said:

Bollocks. Have discovered that twitch does not automatically archive broadcasts. Epic TOG from yesterday thus has been consigned to memory.


No replays enabled?



Life_In_Black #5283 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 10:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 13574 battles
  • 4,142
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}Kyphe, on Apr 19 2014 - 12:06, said:

Listy may have uncovered document evidence at Kew of an entirely unheard of British heavy tank from 1946, unless it ends up being some as yet unknown alternate designation for something we already know of.

 

Very early days but fingers crossed.

 

{lang:macro__view_post}Xlucine, on Apr 19 2014 - 12:07, said:

I can't think of any heavies that match the description

 

Care to share?



Daigensui #5284 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 11:25

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 16724 battles
  • 15,477
  • [MUP] MUP
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

{lang:macro__view_post}Kyphe, on Apr 19 2014 - 09:06, said:

Listy may have uncovered document evidence at Kew of an entirely unheard of British heavy tank from 1946, unless it ends up being some as yet unknown alternate designation for something we already know of.

 

Very early days but fingers crossed.

 

 Given that a Japanese military magazine opened our eyes to some post-war British TD projects, I wouldn't be surprised.



The_Chieftain #5285 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 16:16

    Military Specialist

  • Military Specialist
  • 4220 battles
  • 6,591
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
It was the coincidental synchronization with "Rule Brittania" playing in the background which made it epic.

LoooSeR78V #5286 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 21 battles
  • 4,384
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}The_Chieftain, on Apr 22 2014 - 18:16, said:

It was the coincidental synchronization with "Rule Brittania" playing in the background which made it epic.

Sometimes i hate the fact that i sleep when serious/interesting things happen here. 



Xlucine #5287 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 20:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 7032 battles
  • 5,652
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}Life_In_Black, on Apr 22 2014 - 10:45, said:

 

 

Care to share?

 

It's called "WB1", and has absurd armour

 

{lang:macro__view_post}LoooSeR78V, on Apr 22 2014 - 17:02, said:

Sometimes i hate the fact that i sleep when serious/interesting things happen here. 

 

It would be nice to see another stream at a not godforsaken time



Potoroo #5288 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 20:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 16592 battles
  • 3,161
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}The_Chieftain, on Apr 22 2014 - 18:14, said:

Bollocks. Have discovered that twitch does not automatically archive broadcasts. Epic TOG from yesterday thus has been consigned to memory.

 

Do you still have the replay?  If so then you can record it as video and redo the voiceover.



Xlucine #5289 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 22:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 7032 battles
  • 5,652
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011
That would take effort to get "rule Britannia" to match up with the match

cipher12 #5290 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 23:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 9910 battles
  • 3,981
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}Xlucine, on Apr 22 2014 - 23:56, said:

That would take effort to get "rule Britannia" to match up with the match


Well the match lasted for about the same amount of time as the song did.



The_Chieftain #5291 Posted Yesterday, 12:41 AM

    Military Specialist

  • Military Specialist
  • 4220 battles
  • 6,591
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

So this is the copy and paste from Jobvite. It's more or less identical to Monster. I can't promise you a Ferrari, but I can promise you fun. One day, it might actually show up on the Wargamingamerca.com/careers page.

 

Militaria Assistant

 

Company:

Wargaming America

 

Job Type:

Full-Time

 

Category:

Administrative

 

City:

Emeryville

 

State:

California

 

Country:

United States

 

Last Updated:

Thursday, April 17, 2014

 

Description:

The WGA Militaria Assistant is the workhorse of WGA’s military publishing and retention efforts. The position assists the Militaria Specialist in keeping the WGA staff and product communities educated on every aspect of historical and technical detail of our products. The WGA Militaria Assistant enjoys a deep topical knowledge of the background of all Wargaming product content; a solid understanding of the history and relevance of what Wargaming products are all about and why we’ve made the choices we have on content creation. Using this knowledge to help educate and entertain the Wargaming customer base is the key focus of the WGA Product Assistant. The WGA Assistant assists the Militaria Specialist in hunting down information and opportunities, and prepping content for publication.
Success in this role relies on an inherent ability to conduct research and extract significant information and to effectively communicate. This role exists to help educate in written pieces, compile historical articles with text and images, and to occasionally travel when exploiting opportunities to advance the brain trust of Wargaming America, and boost the historical knowledge base of all of our customers.
 
The Militaria Assistant…

  • Leverages a wide technical knowledge of military hardware.
  • Has excellent written skills, a mastery of the English Language.
  • Independently conducts research and extracts significant information.
  • Has a deep understanding and knowledge of the militaria community in North America.
  • Has a thirst for occasional travel.

 
The Militaria Assistant maintains…

  • A passion for our video games
  • A flexible lifestyle allowing for random and short notice travel
  • A strong grasp of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
  • The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
  • Self-motivation with a strong ability to follow up on tasks
  • Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written and on-camera skills
  • Experience working with task management software such as JIRA, Confluence, and Basecamp

 
These Additional Skills Will Make You a Rock Star

  • Experience at a video game studio or publisher
  • Avid Wargaming.net games player
  • Knowledge of the free-to-play game industry
  • Capable of speaking and writing any of our supported languages
  • Current or previous military service


Kyphe #5292 Posted Yesterday, 12:46 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 253 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012
sigh if only i had a green card lol

Steel_Avatar #5293 Posted Yesterday, 01:16 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26327 battles
  • 1,001
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
Hmmm, stay in college or attempt to get the job?

Life_In_Black #5294 Posted Yesterday, 01:16 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13574 battles
  • 4,142
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}The_Chieftain, on Apr 22 2014 - 19:41, said:

So this is the copy and paste from Jobvite. It's more or less identical to Monster. I can't promise you a Ferrari, but I can promise you fun. One day, it might actually show up on the Wargamingamerca.com/careers page.

 

Militaria Assistant

 

Company:

Wargaming America

 

Job Type:

Full-Time

 

Category:

Administrative

 

City:

Emeryville

 

State:

California

 

Country:

United States

 

Last Updated:

Thursday, April 17, 2014

 

Description:

The WGA Militaria Assistant is the workhorse of WGA’s military publishing and retention efforts. The position assists the Militaria Specialist in keeping the WGA staff and product communities educated on every aspect of historical and technical detail of our products. The WGA Militaria Assistant enjoys a deep topical knowledge of the background of all Wargaming product content; a solid understanding of the history and relevance of what Wargaming products are all about and why we’ve made the choices we have on content creation. Using this knowledge to help educate and entertain the Wargaming customer base is the key focus of the WGA Product Assistant. The WGA Assistant assists the Militaria Specialist in hunting down information and opportunities, and prepping content for publication.
Success in this role relies on an inherent ability to conduct research and extract significant information and to effectively communicate. This role exists to help educate in written pieces, compile historical articles with text and images, and to occasionally travel when exploiting opportunities to advance the brain trust of Wargaming America, and boost the historical knowledge base of all of our customers.
 
The Militaria Assistant…

  • Leverages a wide technical knowledge of military hardware.
  • Has excellent written skills, a mastery of the English Language.
  • Independently conducts research and extracts significant information.
  • Has a deep understanding and knowledge of the militaria community in North America.
  • Has a thirst for occasional travel.

 
The Militaria Assistant maintains…

  • A passion for our video games
  • A flexible lifestyle allowing for random and short notice travel
  • A strong grasp of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
  • The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
  • Self-motivation with a strong ability to follow up on tasks
  • Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written and on-camera skills
  • Experience working with task management software such as JIRA, Confluence, and Basecamp

 
These Additional Skills Will Make You a Rock Star

  • Experience at a video game studio or publisher
  • Avid Wargaming.net games player
  • Knowledge of the free-to-play game industry
  • Capable of speaking and writing any of our supported languages
  • Current or previous military service

 

Mostly serious here, where do I go to apply? And does the job require one to be based out of California?



KrasnayaZvezda #5295 Posted Yesterday, 01:30 AM

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 9887 battles
  • 2,073
  • Member since:
    07-18-2010

You've missed an important detail.

Quote

Salary
40,000.​00 - 45,000.​00 $ /​year

 

 

{lang:macro__view_post}Life_In_Black, on Apr 22 2014 - 20:16, said:

Mostly serious here, where do I go to apply?

 

http://jobview.monster.com/Militaria-Assistant-Games-Industry-Job-Emeryville-CA-132721485.aspx



Life_In_Black #5296 Posted Yesterday, 01:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13574 battles
  • 4,142
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

{lang:macro__view_post}KrasnayaZvezda, on Apr 22 2014 - 20:30, said:

 

Thanks. I might have to update my resume to make it look more appealing to Wargaming. :tongue:



A_Hornblower #5297 Posted Today, 01:51 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 9677 battles
  • 6
  • [AR-15] AR-15
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012

{lang:macro__view_post}The_Chieftain, on Apr 23 2014 - 01:41, said:

So this is the copy and paste from Jobvite. It's more or less identical to Monster. I can't promise you a Ferrari, but I can promise you fun. One day, it might actually show up on the Wargamingamerca.com/careers page.

 

Militaria Assistant

  (snip)

 

 

Chief, sent you a PM through the other mutual forum.



Daigensui #5298 Posted Today, 03:23 AM

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 16724 battles
  • 15,477
  • [MUP] MUP
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

Can anyone see if they can get these doctuments:

 

Series II----ALSOS-C: 
U.S.Naval technical Mission to Europe Ordnance target No.22 -Report on the proximity fuse development of Rheinmetall-Borsig A.G., June 1945

 

Series II----ALSOS-E:

U.S.Naval technical Mission to Europe -U.S.Army technical Mission to Europe Fuse reports (files "a" to "f").

 

 

They seem most interesting.



rivit #5299 Posted Today, 01:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13966 battles
  • 1,111
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012

 

 

Nice article Chief. The desert battles are my favorite, and I can't wait for the Tobruk map.



Vollketten #5300 Posted Today, 02:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21757 battles
  • 5,828
  • [-T-] -T-
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

Yeah it was good. I like ANZAC day.

Those 'Australian' tanks though are captured Italian ones with this emblem painted on them:

Like these M.11/39's and M.13/40's of the 6th Australian Cavalry January 1941.

.

It would have been nice in honour of ANZAC day to have the Kangaroo made available as a logo for British tanks I guess pending the arrival of Commonwealth line/s






1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Tiber0N