Jump to content


The Chieftain's Random Musings Thread


  • Please log in to reply
7872 replies to this topic

SpectreHD #7841 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 09:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16514 battles
  • 16,615
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Mar 05 2018 - 14:29, said:

Just put the wife's SL550 up for sale. Wonderful car, we got it for a steal, but it doesn't have room for a baby seat in the back.

I almost hope nobody buys it and we get stuck with it. Have no clue how we'll afford to keep it now she's stopped working, but we don't want it to go away... As long as V8s remain legal, I intend to own one...

 

:hiding:

Spoiler

 



KilljoyCutter #7842 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 13:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 24,918
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Mar 05 2018 - 01:29, said:

Just put the wife's SL550 up for sale. Wonderful car, we got it for a steal, but it doesn't have room for a baby seat in the back.

I almost hope nobody buys it and we get stuck with it. Have no clue how we'll afford to keep it now she's stopped working, but we don't want it to go away... As long as V8s remain legal, I intend to own one...

 

Does CA have strange laws about cars in storage, or is this just a matter of needing to sell the SL550 to put the money into a different car that's more baby-friendly?

 



NutrientibusMeaGallus #7843 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 15:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 19382 battles
  • 4,902
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Mar 05 2018 - 07:43, said:

 

Does CA have strange laws about cars in storage, or is this just a matter of needing to sell the SL550 to put the money into a different car that's more baby-friendly?

 

 

    Probably has more to do with cars not generally doing well being stored and immobile. Sell it before it's value drops too much from sitting.

stalkervision #7844 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 17:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 57390 battles
  • 8,769
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Mar 05 2018 - 01:29, said:

Just put the wife's SL550 up for sale. Wonderful car, we got it for a steal, but it doesn't have room for a baby seat in the back.

I almost hope nobody buys it and we get stuck with it. Have no clue how we'll afford to keep it now she's stopped working, but we don't want it to go away... As long as V8s remain legal, I intend to own one...

 

'm disappointed you didn't put it up as first prize in a WOT lottery myself. I'd buy a ticket ! :)

stalkervision #7845 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 18:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 57390 battles
  • 8,769
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

So what's next vehicle for your family a up armored Humvee? Maybe if you let WOT spam their logo all over it you can get it as a free lease !   :P

 

 



The_Chieftain #7846 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 19:48

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10897 battles
  • 9,772
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Mar 05 2018 - 12:43, said:

 

Does CA have strange laws about cars in storage, or is this just a matter of needing to sell the SL550 to put the money into a different car that's more baby-friendly?

 

 

No, it's the latter. We've picked up a new(ish) 4-door, which coincidentally happens to have a slightly lower monthly payment. We would be far more financially secure with only one car payment (and insurance payment) instead of two.

Da_Craw #7847 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 20:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25386 battles
  • 2,778
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View PostSpectreHD, on Mar 05 2018 - 02:33, said:

 

:hiding:

Spoiler

 

 

My paralegal just bought one of those.  Doesn't he know that it's bad form to drive a more powerful muscle car than your boss does?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7848 Posted Mar 08 2018 - 20:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLordOfFish, on Feb 13 2018 - 11:23, said:

 

I think WG biggest issue is that it's 2018, and the gaming market has changed a LOT since 2010.   It's a world with PUBG, the Nintendo Switch, Overwatch, Fortnite, Hearthstone, the Twitch Game of the week.   The gaming market is sliced even thinner than before (at least in the North American markets),    New people have a lot more options to choose from.   For example, PUBG scratches a lot of the same itches as WoT from a game mechanic standpoint.  (Vision control, situational awareness, accuracy is as important or more important than reflexes, downtime between engagements, etc.) 

 

Also, the learning curve of WoT is pretty steep, but deceptively simple.  And so people hit the wall, aren't sticking around to get over the hump, they get frustrated, and they leave. 

 

I think the window to gain hundreds of thousands of players has closed, unless you're prepared to change WoT into something that isn't WoT anymore.  (100 tanks parachute onto an island....)   I think the best WG can hope for is what WoW has done - try to balance the conflicting desires of your core audience, get enough new people involved to keep your population static, and defend your niche.   

 

Edited to add:  My personal hope for adding content was that WG would either add robust PvE content involving mass battles (let's do a reinforced platoon of Leopard 1s versus a company of AI T-54s for example), or expanding the Overlord experiment they tried on Sandbox a while ago.   That would siphon off Tier X players from the random battle queue and give them something to do that doesn't involve the time commitment of either Clan Wars or Ranked Battles. 

 

Dude, that's another excellent point.

 

*I don't understand why WG doesn't add a decent PvE/co-op mode to world of tanks, like they did in world of warships..? Honestly, I really like having that option of teaming up with real players to fight against some ship bots. Why can't we have the same mode option here in wot..? {and I'm not talking about low tier Proving grounds}. I'd like to co-op battle some really smart AI tank bots all the way up to tier 10. Honestly, if we had a good PvE/co-op mode in wot, I know I'd play a whole lot more. 

 

 



Five_Solae #7849 Posted Mar 08 2018 - 21:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34807 battles
  • 153
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 08 2018 - 20:03, said:

 

Dude, that's another excellent point.

 

*I don't understand why WG doesn't add a decent PvE/co-op mode to world of tanks, like they did in world of warships..? Honestly, I really like having that option of teaming up with real players to fight against some ship bots. Why can't we have the same mode option here in wot..? {and I'm not talking about low tier Proving grounds}. I'd like to co-op battle some really smart AI tank bots all the way up to tier 10. Honestly, if we had a good PvE/co-op mode in wot, I know I'd play a whole lot more. 

 

 

 

Not sure if I'd play a lot more, but certainly sounds like a great idea. I do like the PvE/co-op mode in Ships. And players don't always win so it is challenging. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7850 Posted Mar 08 2018 - 21:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHoledAgain, on Mar 08 2018 - 15:07, said:

 

Not sure if I'd play a lot more, but certainly sounds like a great idea. I do like the PvE/co-op mode in Ships. And players don't always win so it is challenging. 

 

^..Yep, I just started playing Warships recently, and I can honestly say that I love the PvE/co-op mode option!

 

*Players can use this WoWS co-op mode while still being able to earn some decent credits and XP, as well as being able to learn the game, and advance to higher tiers at their own pace, and even purchase higher tier ships. I'd love to be able to do that in wot. Including being able to finally advance my terrible crew skills.

 

In fact, this is a Copy&Paste of a ticket that I just sent in to WG a few minutes ago:

Spoiler

 

I just hope someone there actually takes me seriously...:(

 

 

 

 

 

 



stalkervision #7851 Posted Mar 09 2018 - 05:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 57390 battles
  • 8,769
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostHoledAgain, on Mar 08 2018 - 15:07, said:

 

Not sure if I'd play a lot more, but certainly sounds like a great idea. I do like the PvE/co-op mode in Ships. And players don't always win so it is challenging. 

 

It appears it could be on it's way with historical battles rework.

stalkervision #7852 Posted Mar 09 2018 - 05:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 57390 battles
  • 8,769
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Can anyone tell me why a quick spot lasts for six to eight seconds? This is what makes Arty and assault guns so dangerous. Frankly it's far too long.

stalkervision #7853 Posted Mar 09 2018 - 05:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 57390 battles
  • 8,769
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Pve with historical battles would keep me interested in the game. Especially if historical maps were introduced.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7854 Posted Mar 09 2018 - 06:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 08 2018 - 23:33, said:

 

It appears it could be on it's way with historical battles rework.

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 08 2018 - 23:42, said:

Pve with historical battles would keep me interested in the game. Especially if historical maps were introduced.

 

^...I absolutely like the sound of that!

 

Count me in...:great:...and sign me up, Boss.

 

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #7855 Posted Mar 10 2018 - 02:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 08 2018 - 23:42, said:

Pve with historical battles would keep me interested in the game. Especially if historical maps were introduced.

 

^..One important thing I forgot to add regarding a historical co-op battle mode...

 

*I'd be fine if WG made our PvE/co-op mode into a 'historical battle' scenario, as long as there are no restrictions placed on tank type and tier used by us {real players}. I remember the old historical battle mode where players were restricted and only allowed to use particular tanks and tiers. I wouldn't want that kind of restriction again. I want to be able to use ALL of my tanks, regardless of tier {tiers 1 through 10}. Maybe the enemy tank bots could be historically accurate. I'd be Ok with that. But I think I own some 'prototype' premium tanks that I would still like to use in this mode, even though they are probably not "historically accurate". 

 

Another thing I remember is {was} the long waiting time to get into those historical battles. I would wait, and wait...and wait, only to be booted out because not enough real players were joining in. WG could easily fix that problem by simply filling in the empty allied spots with friendly bots, like they currently do in Warships, {If there aren't enough real players in the Q at that particular moment}. Again, I'd be fine with that. As long as I could still earn some decent credits and XP, and advance my crew skills. I'd love to be able to play tanks in a historical PvE mode. Heck, if WG did this I might even dust off my tier 8 heavy and finally learn how to use it properly by practicing on some super smart high tier AI bots. This would certainly improve my game for high tier random battles, so I don't suck 'continue to under-perform' and ruin everyones' game. Win-win. 

 

        

 

 



Dirizon #7856 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 05:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 27171 battles
  • 4,677
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

Just a random musing of mine. And l have many. But this one, currently, bugs me the most.

 

Why does the T37 top T91 3in gun have less accuracy, by quite a margin, than the stock T94 3in gun? For some reason, it loses a huge .-5 accuracy

The T91, has better velocity, is itself heavier and longer barreled? Quite weird, as VK28, 59-16, MT25, AMX12T, T21 aren't slapped with horrendous accuracy on their top 3in guns.

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #7857 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 23:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDirizon, on Apr 28 2018 - 23:10, said:

Just a random musing of mine. And l have many. But this one, currently, bugs me the most.

 

Why does the T37 top T91 3in gun have less accuracy, by quite a margin, than the stock T94 3in gun? For some reason, it loses a huge .-5 accuracy

The T91, has better velocity, is itself heavier and longer barreled? Quite weird, as VK28, 59-16, MT25, AMX12T, T21 aren't slapped with horrendous accuracy on their top 3in guns.

 

Ahhhh!!!!!!! .....Bugs!!! :ohmy: ...they're everywhere!

Sorry, just my 'blackfly PTSD' kicking in again. Just got back from a recent fishing trip. The trout were biting, but so were the blackflies.

 

Those little buggers...:rolleyes: Try to get me now!

 

 



The_Chieftain #7858 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 07:04

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10897 battles
  • 9,772
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
If anyone is wondering why i’ve been quiet recently, I went on paternal leave a tad earlier than originally intended. The homestead is basically on “survive until tomorrow” mode. Barely enough unreserved “awake” time to deal with mandatory household operations, let alone checking in on the forum. Still, some videos have been recorded ahead of time, so watch for more to follow.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7859 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 08:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,620
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jun 07 2018 - 01:04, said:

If anyone is wondering why i’ve been quiet recently, I went on paternal leave a tad earlier than originally intended. The homestead is basically on “survive until tomorrow” mode. Barely enough unreserved “awake” time to deal with mandatory household operations, let alone checking in on the forum. Still, some videos have been recorded ahead of time, so watch for more to follow.

 

Enjoy your time off, Nick...and savour it. They sure do grow up fast.

 

 



FrozenKemp #7860 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 10:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 46015 battles
  • 6,900
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Congratulations!! 




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users