If crew 2.0 is coming anyways

crew 2.0 Changes suggestion Suggestions

8 replies to this topic

Pulpus #1 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 08:08

Private

• Players
  • 12752 battles

Here's what I think should happen to crew 2.0 before it goes live (whether or not it does):

They need to simply let instructors add additional allocate able skill points to the crew but not exceed 10/10 in any of the skills (essentially behaving as an old zero skill would have updated to the new system), camo especially (game breaking). Like essentially let an instructor to the crew scale it's effective level to 90 but not pick up an additional 'super perk'. They could remedy this by commander max level 75 again or something along those lines. They also need to reduce the amount of exp required to level the crew. As my most experienced crew in the sandbox test server having over 500 games in a tank + another another tank leading up to it (I'm guessing 700+ games), turned out to be level 57 only and that's with a zero skill crew. Reducing the experience required to be competitive (level 60 IMO) would be a major relief for my 10+ tank roster that I play somewhat regularly.

Assuming a massive reduction in experience requirements, the ability to hit max level on some crews within my lifetime might become reality. That should allow for the world of warships style of crew experience. Where grinding with a max level crew simply generates Free exp for commanders only, they call it 'elite commander experience' or something. Which would allow you to boost other crews while not grinding to exceed level 80 and getting some BS % increases to vehicle handling for doing so (seriously scrap that). Also the retraining of a crew is ridiculous at 500k credits to lose 20% instead of 30%.... Previously you could reset 1 crew member for 20k credits and lose 10% of total? or just perk exp? (I never ran the numbers). It would be interesting to see a reset of a specific subsection requiring 20-40k credits and losing say 5% of total crew exp. This would be more in line with the current system of resetting just one crew member depending on crew size and also would be more flexible for customization without doing a full reset.

Apart from these glaring issues I see and my suggestions, what do you think?

Edited by Pulpus, Aug 03 2021 - 08:12.

CAPTMUDDXX #2 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 13:57

Captain

• Players
  • 21798 battles
  • [DAMN] DAMN
Just play and don't complain about it.

cavalry11 #3 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 14:14

Captain

• Players
  • 62267 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Capt had something i 100% agree with even though i do not want screw 2.0.

bake3020 #4 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS

View PostPulpus, on Aug 03 2021 - 07:08, said:

Here's what I think should happen to crew 2.0 before it goes live (whether or not it does):

They need to simply let instructors add additional allocate able skill points to the crew but not exceed 10/10 in any of the skills (essentially behaving as an old zero skill would have updated to the new system), camo especially (game breaking). Like essentially let an instructor to the crew scale it's effective level to 90 but not pick up an additional 'super perk'. They could remedy this by commander max level 75 again or something along those lines. They also need to reduce the amount of exp required to level the crew. As my most experienced crew in the sandbox test server having over 500 games in a tank + another another tank leading up to it (I'm guessing 700+ games), turned out to be level 57 only and that's with a zero skill crew. Reducing the experience required to be competitive (level 60 IMO) would be a major relief for my 10+ tank roster that I play somewhat regularly.

Assuming a massive reduction in experience requirements, the ability to hit max level on some crews within my lifetime might become reality. That should allow for the world of warships style of crew experience. Where grinding with a max level crew simply generates Free exp for commanders only, they call it 'elite commander experience' or something. Which would allow you to boost other crews while not grinding to exceed level 80 and getting some BS % increases to vehicle handling for doing so (seriously scrap that). Also the retraining of a crew is ridiculous at 500k credits to lose 20% instead of 30%.... Previously you could reset 1 crew member for 20k credits and lose 10% of total? or just perk exp? (I never ran the numbers). It would be interesting to see a reset of a specific subsection requiring 20-40k credits and losing say 5% of total crew exp. This would be more in line with the current system of resetting just one crew member depending on crew size and also would be more flexible for customization without doing a full reset.

Apart from these glaring issues I see and my suggestions, what do you think?

Key word here: B.O.H.I.C.A.    If you were ever in the military, you should know it's meaning as that is precisely what is about to happen to this game and it's players.

Atreyues #5 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 20:46

Private

• Players
  • 30626 battles
  • [TAP] TAP

When crew 2.0 finally drops get ready to see a loss of players. Its a disservice to those whom not only grinded to get those special commanders and female avatars. WG it was bad enough that you simply neutered artillery. But now you're going to pretty much say " we do not care about these who have committed am ungodly amount of time playing this game. We also do not care that you spent your hard earn money. We are doing this simply because we can" 

Block Quote

ImYourFodder #6 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 13:47

Captain

• Players
  • 22718 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Postbake3020, on Aug 03 2021 - 09:26, said:

Key word here: B.O.H.I.C.A.    If you were ever in the military, you should know it's meaning as that is precisely what is about to happen to this game and it's players.

It's not B.O.H.I.C.A. .. It's B.O.H.I.C.A.A.A.A.A.A. , And Again , And Again , And Again ....... :P

Nonamanadus #7 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 22:40

Major

• Players
  • 39913 battles
  • [D_-_D] D_-_D

If crew 2.0 is coming anyways: all the incentive to switch to play for free mode.

Bronco272 #8 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 23:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 26784 battles

View PostAtreyues, on Aug 03 2021 - 20:46, said:

When crew 2.0 finally drops get ready to see a loss of players. Its a disservice to those whom not only grinded to get those special commanders and female avatars. WG it was bad enough that you simply neutered artillery. But now you're going to pretty much say " we do not care about these who have committed am ungodly amount of time playing this game. We also do not care that you spent your hard earn money. We are doing this simply because we can" 

What are you talking about? 

With instructors, they are way better than current special crew members, which is why many players have recommended for them to be less powerful.  Although I disagree with many of his points, Quickybaby has a good video showing just how extremely powerful tanks can become with Instructors as they are in Crew 2.0. 

With artillery, I would argue that artillery have not been nerfed.  In fact, many players think they have been buffed.  And even if one thinks artillery has been nerfed, isn't that what players have been asking for years?  

With dedicated players, they have a massive advantage in the Crew 2.0 system as it currently is.  In the live game, everyone is basically on equal footing regardless of whether they have 3/4 or 7/8 skills .  This is because once you have taken 3 or 4 useful skills on crew members, pretty much everything else does not give a competitive advantage.  In the new system, dedicated players have access to so much more potential since every crew skill is valuable.

BlazinTroy #9 Posted Aug 05 2021 - 14:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23733 battles

View PostBronco272, on Aug 04 2021 - 16:48, said:

What are you talking about? 

With instructors, they are way better than current special crew members, which is why many players have recommended for them to be less powerful.  Although I disagree with many of his points, Quickybaby has a good video showing just how extremely powerful tanks can become with Instructors as they are in Crew 2.0. 

Did you miss the part in QB video, illustrating the freaking insane amount of exp necessary to get to 80(+) level? Or how much gold it'll take to convert free experience to achieve higher levels?

We all know WG #1 priority is profit.They are a business afterall. However Crew 2.0 takes the pilfering to another level.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with crew 2.0, Changes, suggestion, Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users