• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Aug 03 2021 - 16:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 5083 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

August is the hot season, and it brings with it a feast of specials and surprises! Join our birthday bash as we celebrate our 11th anniversary, and take part in a host of exciting activities! Plus, Update 1.14 introduces brand-new Czechoslovakian heavy tanks with unusual gameplay and a fresh Random Battle map called Safe Haven. We're also updating the combat parameters of some iconic vehicles and introducing Field Modification, a totally new feature for fine-tuning your favorite tanks. Finally, we’re adding a new training mode, Topography, and changing some Personal Missions for artillery.

Find out more about the heat wave here!

radigaen #2 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 20:31

Private

• Players
  • 17790 battles

Super disappointed to see that the M4A1 Rev was not included in premium rebalance.  That tank is currently dead due to horrendous penetration which is a shame, it used to be my favorite tank until it got passed by in all of the updates over the last five years. It is seriously missing about 60mm of pen with the default round. Play the AMX CDA 105 and then hop in the M4A1 Rev. to see what I mean. Everything is great except for bouncing every round. This tank is shown as a sniper with this update...totally not a sniper (unless you like your shells absorbed by light tanks and other paper). I played this thing for five years before throwing in the towel...now it sits unused (can't stomach entering a battle with it). 

I have been having an absolute blast in the AMX CDA 105...please fix the M4A1 Rev so people can have fun in it. There is no way a noob is going to do anything but get wasted at zero damage in that tank right now and as an experienced (since day one) player I don't find it a viable threat on the battle field.  

Edited by radigaen, Aug 10 2021 - 20:40.

DomoSapien #3 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 21:17

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 15530 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Bump for visibility.

madogthefirst #4 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 27764 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postradigaen, on Aug 10 2021 - 11:31, said:

Super disappointed to see that the M4A1 Rev was not included in premium rebalance.  That tank is currently dead due to horrendous penetration which is a shame, it used to be my favorite tank until it got passed by in all of the updates over the last five years. It is seriously missing about 60mm of pen with the default round. Play the AMX CDA 105 and then hop in the M4A1 Rev. to see what I mean. Everything is great except for bouncing every round. This tank is shown as a sniper with this update...totally not a sniper (unless you like your shells absorbed by light tanks and other paper). I played this thing for five years before throwing in the towel...now it sits unused (can't stomach entering a battle with it). 

I have been having an absolute blast in the AMX CDA 105...please fix the M4A1 Rev so people can have fun in it. There is no way a noob is going to do anything but get wasted at zero damage in that tank right now and as an experienced (since day one) player I don't find it a viable threat on the battle field.  

I have fun in mine, must be something wrong between the keyboard and chair.

Einzelganger7 #5 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 22:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11438 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
So far, what I am enjoying the most of the patch is the fix to the soap rocks and surfaces, now the tanks feel much more stable while driving through them and also they seem to have better speed while going up on slopes.

1ST_AD_Abrams #6 Posted Aug 10 2021 - 22:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18318 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
When I have run into an m4a1 rev, it seems to have no issue pen. But that has been about a month or two since I remember seeing it and wondering what M4 was that good.

Tahllol #7 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 19778 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

Great Job Wargaming, another 100% useless tier 10 heavy tank with no armor, pen, speed, or accuracy. The Vz55 is useless thanks to the nerfs so that it couldn't do anything. The massive Cupola and turret can be penned with standard rounds by everything it sees in battle, 306 pen with prem rounds doesn't pen much and is lowest of the tier, and it doesn't have the speed as a breakthrough tank like it is supposed to be thanks to a lower speed than that other breakthrough tanks and higher ground resistances.

Guess we should have expected another Rhino since nothing is allowed to compete with the fake Russian tanks and EBR/Chieftain/279e. 

About the only useful thing was the buff to the old premium tanks. 

Prexy_NyoomNyoom_Wow #8 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 00:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 39444 battles
  • [SHIGU] SHIGU

View PostTahllol, on Aug 10 2021 - 15:05, said:

Great Job Wargaming, another 100% useless tier 10 heavy tank with no armor, pen, speed, or accuracy. The Vz55 is useless thanks to the nerfs so that it couldn't do anything. The massive Cupola and turret can be penned with standard rounds by everything it sees in battle, 306 pen with prem rounds doesn't pen much and is lowest of the tier, and it doesn't have the speed as a breakthrough tank like it is supposed to be thanks to a lower speed than that other breakthrough tanks and higher ground resistances.

Guess we should have expected another Rhino since nothing is allowed to compete with the fake Russian tanks and EBR/Chieftain/279e. 

About the only useful thing was the buff to the old premium tanks. 

….what? Everything you said about the Vz. 55 having bad armor, pen, speed and accuracy is completely wrong. 8 degrees of gun depression makes the turret almost impenetrable except for maybe some high pen heat. 260 base pen is about average and 306 with APCR is enough, frankly I'm glad they're not just making every new tank have 330 HEAT or 320 APCR. As for the speed it goes 50 base with a better power/weight than a 430U, more so if you add a turbo. And it also has .33 accuracy without any food, equipment or perks. As for the cupola, try using brain and wiggling your turret and block with your gun instead of tunnel vision Chiefs and then cry on the forums/Reddit when you get rekt by one. 

This tank didn't even receive any nerfs, so your statement about it getting nerfed is also just plain wrong. Regarding the "fake Russian tanks" statement, you'd be surprised how many were legitimate blueprints, wooden/model mockups, or actual prototype tanks. And.... you're really expecting a heavy tank to compete with an EBR? Yikes dude. I get that you might watch QB or Claus, but keep that tinfoil hat stuff out.

Tahllol #9 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 00:58

Captain

• Players
  • 19778 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View Postradigaen, on Aug 10 2021 - 13:31, said:

Don't have pen issues in my M4A1 Rev, just seems to be the most screwed RNG in the game for landing in the aim circle. 

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #10 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 41540 battles

Do we have to uncheck accelerate crew training to get XP for field mods?

Tahllol #11 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:14

Captain

• Players
  • 19778 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostPrexy_NyoomNyoom_Wow, on Aug 10 2021 - 17:45, said:

….what? Everything you said about the Vz. 55 having bad armor, pen, speed and accuracy is completely wrong. 8 degrees of gun depression makes the turret almost impenetrable except for maybe some high pen heat. 260 base pen is about average and 306 with APCR is enough, frankly I'm glad they're not just making every new tank have 330 HEAT or 320 APCR. As for the speed it goes 50 base with a better power/weight than a 430U, more so if you add a turbo. And it also has .33 accuracy without any food, equipment or perks. As for the cupola, try using brain and wiggling your turret and block with your gun instead of tunnel vision Chiefs and then cry on the forums/Reddit when you get rekt by one. 

This tank didn't even receive any nerfs, so your statement about it getting nerfed is also just plain wrong. Regarding the "fake Russian tanks" statement, you'd be surprised how many were legitimate blueprints, wooden/model mockups, or actual prototype tanks. And.... you're really expecting a heavy tank to compete with an EBR? Yikes dude. I get that you might watch QB or Claus, but keep that tinfoil hat stuff out.

Yet, you're lying out your butt, since even using the 8 degrees of pen things like the STB with standard ammo go right thru the easily targetable Cmdr hatch, it doesn't have standard .33 accuracy it is .35 or .38 depending on the gun. Base Pen doesn't mean much anymore with probably greater than 80% of all rounds being prem these days. Compared to all the other heavies of the same tier type (ie breakthrough heavy) is has basically the lowest stats across the board except gun depression. Which the APCR drops pen rapidly compared to HEAT. 

Which even QB and Claus and the other streamers like them say they nerfed the Vz too much from supertest, and the EBR along with the other mentioned tanks need to be nerfed. They even said it would be another gimped tank thanks to WG not wanting anything to compete with their favorite countries tanks. 

Now I have enjoyed eating all the Vz55s today even in tier 8s to make some credits back from buying the Vz. 

Not to mention making the game nearly 100% pay to win and telling none prem players to all quit with the new systems. 

Edited by Tahllol, Aug 11 2021 - 01:41.

HeavyCalibre #12 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 38057 battles

Too funny! Yesterday when I logged onto the game, it asked me if I wanted to participate in a survey. I said yes. The first question was "would you recommend WoT to a friend?". I said no. Survey ended right there.

That tells me all I need to know about Wargaming!

1.14 will probably be the last upgrade I'll see, IF Crew 2.0 is installed, I will be done with this game.

It's really a shame that the Russians are so typically short sighted and don't understand the dynamics of business. I blame that on their communism and lack of capitalism background. Don't get me wrong, they did a great thing to come out with WoT but a business is measured beyond being a "flash in the pan"...Longevity is the key to success. I have started many businesses and eat my own dog food as they say.

MCBAIN4EVER #13 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:21

Captain

• Players
  • 15148 battles

View PostCpt_Zapp_Brannigan, on Aug 10 2021 - 20:59, said:

Y E S.

DomoSapien #14 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:27

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 15530 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCpt_Zapp_Brannigan, on Aug 10 2021 - 17:59, said:

Indeed, if you have accelerate crew training enabled, your vehicle will not accrue any elite xp as all of it will go towards your crew.

View PostHeavyCalibre, on Aug 10 2021 - 18:15, said:

Too funny! Yesterday when I logged onto the game, it asked me if I wanted to participate in a survey. I said yes. The first question was "would you recommend WoT to a friend?". I said no. Survey ended right there.

That tells me all I need to know about Wargaming!

1.14 will probably be the last upgrade I'll see, IF Crew 2.0 is installed, I will be done with this game.

It's really a shame that the Russians are so typically short sighted and don't understand the dynamics of business. I blame that on their communism and lack of capitalism background. Don't get me wrong, they did a great thing to come out with WoT but a business is measured beyond being a "flash in the pan"...Longevity is the key to success. I have started many businesses and eat my own dog food as they say.

Kind of strange, I'm genuinely curious if it was a gated survey that would have unlocked more questions or if it was a simple Net Promoter Score survey that was literally one question long.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #15 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 41540 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 10 2021 - 19:27, said:

Indeed, if you have accelerate crew training enabled, your vehicle will not accrue any elite xp as all of it will go towards your crew.

Kind of strange, I'm genuinely curious if it was a gated survey that would have unlocked more questions or if it was a simple Net Promoter Score survey that was literally one question long.

I guess we have to weigh our options on whether we want a better crew or some added perks. 

Kitsune_No_Yomeiri #16 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 01:58

Private

• Players
  • 14618 battles
  • [LOLI-] LOLI-
So some personal missions for arty now requires the use of gold rounds? It is not fair to people who do not use gold rounds to gatekeep missions. For anyone who says that just use premiums and credit boasters to get enough just negate their argument. Why have gold rounds cost more then regular rounds if everyone has enough credits (which is not true if people like me are grinding lines and do not want to waste any on arty gold rounds.) Also gold rounds are a bigger issue which this post is not mainly about. Just the gatekeeping of missions which is the only reason I play arty.

grego34 #17 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 03:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40816 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

how can you change the mini map spotted players icons??  The Red  & green circles are annoying and how can u get reid of the green and red back ground on the players panel??

Edited by grego34, Aug 11 2021 - 03:59.

nekojima #18 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 04:01

Captain

• Players
  • 45907 battles
  • [PHASD] PHASD

Has the NA server been moved again? For years my ping was in the 30-45ms range and today it's over 100ms. Both at around noon and in the evening on NA server. Zero changes on my side from yesterday when it was low 30s.

bad_73 #19 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 04:51

Captain

• Players
  • 1576 battles
Patch out the stupid message for new recruits in  barracks that wont go away and fix the ping reporting in game that is double what it says on log in page.Never a smooth patch farming out coding.

fartbucket3000 #20 Posted Aug 11 2021 - 05:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 45880 battles
  • [AROMA] AROMA

View Postnekojima, on Aug 10 2021 - 22:01, said:

Has the NA server been moved again? For years my ping was in the 30-45ms range and today it's over 100ms. Both at around noon and in the evening on NA server. Zero changes on my side from yesterday when it was low 30s.

One of their hamsters died. RIP.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users