August Heat: Things Are Getting Hot!

august

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 15:42

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

The hottest season of battles is already here!

Summer has arrived, but it's going to get even hotter in World of Tanks.

Get ready to take part in a whole series of exciting activities, August Heat, which will delight you with cool events, long-awaited game modes, and other specials. Plus, 2021 marks the 11th anniversary of World of Tanks, and we invite all of you to join our birthday bash! Jump in—August will be full of surprises! 

Get details of the heat here!

Absols_blade #2 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 15:48

Captain

• Players
  • 17729 battles
Can’t wait to see what sort of things are put up for the anniversary event 

Mojo_Riesing #3 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 23492 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS
I would have liked more information about "Topography" mode.  Sounds like an attempt at both improving the new player experience and in answering the issue of player skill improvement.  A new Tank line is kind of ho-hum, and Field Mods..we'll see, but the Recon Mode plus a new Map along with the Topography should be interesting.

Kramah313 #4 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 16:06

Captain

• Players
  • 11084 battles
Some cool stuff coming, but I still think tier 8/9 should be separated for frontlines. Making players choose between making credits and being effective is not cool IMO. 

Frye_Em_Up #5 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 16:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 51225 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostHey_man_Gneis_shot, on Aug 04 2021 - 15:42, said:

The hottest season of battles is already here!

Summer has arrived, but it's going to get even hotter in World of Tanks.

Get ready to take part in a whole series of exciting activities, August Heat, which will delight you with cool events, long-awaited game modes, and other specials. Plus, 2021 marks the 11th anniversary of World of Tanks, and we invite all of you to join our birthday bash! Jump in—August will be full of surprises! 

Get details of the heat here!

Already here, huh?  I don't see anything new.  Same old battle modes, nothing anywhere else looks new.  Just the Combat Intelligence saying they're new stuff all over the place and the false claim that it's "Already here".  I did have a download when I opened the client, but still nothing.

When does WG plan on bringing this thing live, In November 2021?  Or wait, maybe a week before Christmas to coincide with the Christmas event, so nobody has time try the new stuff.  So typical of WG to just promise the moon and never deliver anything on what they advertise.

WOT going downhill fast and looking like they put their foot in their mouth every time they announce new stuff.  [edited].  Nerf this, tweak that, take away & change minor things that were convenient all for what??

Earned my UNINSTALL stamp of approval.  Certainly not worth spending money on.

cloudwalking #6 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 16:27

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

View PostKramah313, on Aug 04 2021 - 16:06, said:

Some cool stuff coming, but I still think tier 8/9 should be separated for frontlines. Making players choose between making credits and being effective is not cool IMO. 

I genuinely expect WG to keep 9's in with the 8's.  Even if you go for straight credit farming you'll still earn less because you'll bounce far more shots against the tier 9 armor.  

This along with 2.0 are coming.  

Darkwolf3802 #7 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 16:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 2644 battles
Can we get more info on tank rebalancing? Id love to hear what exactly is being done as there are tanks that need to be buffed such as the Scorpion and tanks that need nerfs such as any arty.

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 24083 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
That isn't enough heat to bake cookies. 

Kelly_Semaka #9 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 19:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24710 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

View PostDarkwolf3802, on Aug 04 2021 - 16:37, said:

Can we get more info on tank rebalancing? Id love to hear what exactly is being done as there are tanks that need to be buffed such as the Scorpion and tanks that need nerfs such as any arty.

arty did just get a giant nerf- with the HE rebalance.

Lata_Jaiswal #10 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 19:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

IndianMission accomplished. It's exquisite dude PUBG One Of Them

Ask Me To Adjust PUBG ???

How to adjust the frame rate: Tap the settings cog in to the top right-hand corner, then Graphics. Here you'll find frame rate. If things are looking choppy, you might want to select low. If you've a powerful phone, try high.

to set the graphics level: You'll be prompted when you first sign-in, but you can adjust the PUBG Mobile graphics level too, to manage the detail. Higher is better as you can see more, but that can adversely affect performance. Have a play with this and frame rate, adjusting if the game doesn't run smoothly 

warrends #11 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
Thank you.

bake3020 #12 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 134 battles
  • [NOLOS] NOLOS
The only problem I see, with the August Heat up is Frontlines.  Having to put up with OP Tier IX's is not a good idea.  If War Gaming had wanted to put Tier IX into a Frontlines mode, then they could have let them do their own thing, like Tier VIII and X does now.  Personally, I'd like to see an independent Frontlines mode for Tier VI, VIII, and X, separate from each other.

LieutenantGeneral_A #13 Posted Aug 04 2021 - 21:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14222 battles
  • [VIBE] VIBE
No tier IX's in Frontline please. The only reason people played that mode was to earn credits. Take that away and no one will play it.

MMI_SPI #14 Posted Aug 05 2021 - 02:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28215 battles

The only heat in WoT right now is in the Hamster boxes they call Server rooms!!

"Recon Mission is back" .... It never made it into live server! How TF is it back uh?

"Premium tank rebalancing" is a long-time-needed change, only because they started introducing powercreeping new premium tanks years ago.

"New map" Eh? Remember when they introduced new Berlin map? It was crap and still is. Empire border? Yep, crap! Minsk?? Took em 5 versions to make it playable, still have stupid camping corners.So yeah, any new map will defacto be dogpoo. BTW, still haven't tried it in CT cause map rotation...

"[...] Surprise activity awaits you..." It's a marathon. Another effin Marathon for another effin Prem tank! Because we don't have enough with 94 of these to choose from, even if some of em are worst then a full bucket of spit!

11th anniversary coming, oh boy!! BUNDLES! GET YUR BUNDLES!

WG Minsk's office hit the last nail of the coffin when upping +1 MM in FL, it should've stayed single-tier only. Its not an option to run only tier8 now, its asking for a lost! Even if you run full prem tanks, it'll cut credits output at least half... at which point it becomes less profitable then running pub battles.

Overall, boring same old, same old.

Jer_05 #15 Posted Aug 05 2021 - 14:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 13002 battles
Yea, "We are listening to our community" sure! Tier 9 in frontlines, field modification. You release that - I'm done with the WG store. 

Kramah313 #16 Posted Aug 05 2021 - 16:38

Captain

• Players
  • 11084 battles
On the positive side of things, I just looked at the topography mode in a video. This looks like it amounts to a more advanced tutorial about brawling and map positions, and best of all it uses the actual maps and it looks like tier 5 tanks. This is excellent for new players, this is what we need. Thanks!

Badkarma #17 Posted Aug 05 2021 - 16:50

Captain

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostMMI_SPI, on Aug 05 2021 - 02:01, said:

The only heat in WoT right now is in the Hamster boxes they call Server rooms!!

"Recon Mission is back" .... It never made it into live server! How TF is it back uh?-It was live on EU I believe

"Premium tank rebalancing" is a long-time-needed change, only because they started introducing powercreeping new premium tanks years ago.-Yes

"New map" Eh? Remember when they introduced new Berlin map? It was crap and still is. Empire border? Yep, crap! Minsk?? Took em 5 versions to make it playable, still have stupid camping corners.So yeah, any new map will defacto be dogpoo. BTW, still haven't tried it in CT cause map rotation...-yes

"[...] Surprise activity awaits you..." It's a marathon. Another effin Marathon for another effin Prem tank! Because we don't have enough with 94 of these to choose from, even if some of em are worst then a full bucket of spit!

11th anniversary coming, oh boy!! BUNDLES! GET YUR BUNDLES!-yes

WG Minsk's office hit the last nail of the coffin when upping +1 MM in FL, it should've stayed single-tier only. Its not an option to run only tier8 now, its asking for a lost! Even if you run full prem tanks, it'll cut credits output at least half... at which point it becomes less profitable then running pub battles.-IDK what you're talking about. Outside of the first FL it's always been more profitable for me to run randoms in my tier VIII prems and i don't have to deal w/the glut of ebolamobiles and autoloaders; not being stuck on the same map for 30 mins is great as well. I despise FL but feel for those of you who actually like it as it's now become WG's experiment in +1MM.

_Dr_Who_ #18 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [YQC] YQC

View PostFrye_Em_Up, on Aug 04 2021 - 10:19, said:

Already here, huh?  I don't see anything new.  Same old battle modes, nothing anywhere else looks new.  Just the Combat Intelligence saying they're new stuff all over the place and the false claim that it's "Already here".  I did have a download when I opened the client, but still nothing.

When does WG plan on bringing this thing live, In November 2021?  Or wait, maybe a week before Christmas to coincide with the Christmas event, so nobody has time try the new stuff.  So typical of WG to just promise the moon and never deliver anything on what they advertise.

WOT going downhill fast and looking like they put their foot in their mouth every time they announce new stuff.  [edited].  Nerf this, tweak that, take away & change minor things that were convenient all for what??

Earned my UNINSTALL stamp of approval.  Certainly not worth spending money on.

I haven't seen anything new either. It is only on the European server?

Frye_Em_Up #19 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 19:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 51225 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View Post_Dr_Who_, on Aug 06 2021 - 16:01, said:

I haven't seen anything new either. It is only on the European server?

No, FL comes Aug. 16 and not going to be well received judging by the comments here and plain ole common sense.  The other stuff is just spun as positive stuff, that's just going to have more of a negative impact in the game.  But that's WG for ya.  An endless stream of disappointments.  Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Pagal_Beta #20 Posted Aug 27 2021 - 13:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
your website was amazing have everything is clear know about this website very special for me becuase i am gamer and love all those game like game is pubg ka baap kaun hai

Also tagged with august

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users