fieldmodifications

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Elias_K_Grodin #1 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 15:09

Community Number Cruncher

• Verified Military
  • 1394 battles

Attention Platoon!

After completing the test of Field Modification on the Sandbox server, we carefully analyzed your feedback and all the data we obtained.

Many thanks to all the active and dedicated players who supported us and joined the test—your help was invaluable! Following the test results, we improved certain aspects of Field Modification that were widely discussed during the Sandbox testing.

Get the intel on Field Modifications here!

Dishonest_John #2 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 15:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8442 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

Love the monetization of the forums.
If we all use this as a signature can we get discounts?

Never could get the Sandbox to connect. Any issue resolutions?

Edited by Dishonest_John, Aug 06 2021 - 15:26.

Jer_05 #3 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 15:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 12147 battles
Let's check how much online will drop after the update. 

ULTRADERECHA #4 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 15:32

Captain

• Players
  • 33003 battles
  • [-K9-] -K9-

Nice! Now my Concept 1b will be racing mediums at 55 km/h and with extra view range too! Great content as always WG! Great content!

And can't wait to spice things up with my pay to win crew when 2.0 arrives!

Edited by ULTRADERECHA, Aug 06 2021 - 15:33.

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 15:37

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 46902 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

How it works?

Answer: Poorly

:(

__WarChild__

Jer_05 #6 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 16:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 12147 battles
Check the reaction to your video please, WG. There is how much we like it.

yruputin #7 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 39202 battles
  • [HOR] HOR
let's do this. i want my $ to make a difference:trollface:

RamaLamaDingDong1 #8 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 26 battles
FM isn't a bad idea but combined with all the other pay to be OPd stuff in Crew 2.0 along with 11 years of allowing the game to get totally out of balance its crap.

madogthefirst #9 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 27713 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
And the grand canyon divide between tier 6 and everything it faces below it further increases. 

ThaneTyrian #10 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19961 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

I think it looks Fun.  The tweaks are what, a whopping 1-3%?  When ya do get an advantage somewhere, there is a corresponding negative disadvantage of equal magnitude, so its about trade-offs made to suit your play style/enjoyment.  The alternative Consumables and Equipment load-outs are a nice touch and will provide options.  It's all paid for with Credits ya can easily make in-game, so no real $$$ need be spent; hence, it's not pay-to-play.  AND it seems pretty straight forward.  I look forward to "Personalizing" my favorite tanks.  As everyone can do so (Credits not Gold), I expect most every tank Tier VI and higher I encounter on the Battlefield will also be "Personalized," so I see no Competitive Advantage for one person vis a vis another.

How it stacks with Crew 2.0, which DOES seem pretty complex and which I'm on the fence about, I'm not sure.  I think field Mods will be fine with our without Crew 2.0.  

Good Luck and Enjoy Yourself.  Haters gonna Hate... 

RamaLamaDingDong1 #11 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:54

Captain

• Players
  • 26 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Aug 06 2021 - 17:23, said:

And the grand canyon divide between tier 6 and everything it faces below it further increases. 

Exactly

alejandrozapataq #12 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 23802 battles
I like this but some things need to be changed, i checked the options of my most played tier 8 and most of them are useless, for example:
i can pick the same things for the turtle mk1, the strv s1 and the wz 120-1g ft, why? why it is everything the same? for the strv i can pick one of every modification because they work on him, for the wz there is one optional but for the turtle all of them are totally useless, the same happens for the other classes, to be honest ill spend xp on this only for the second slot category

RamaLamaDingDong1 #13 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 17:59

Captain

• Players
  • 26 battles

View PostThaneTyrian, on Aug 06 2021 - 17:39, said:

I think it looks Fun.  The tweaks are what, a whopping 1-3%?  When ya do get an advantage somewhere, there is a corresponding negative disadvantage of equal magnitude, so its about trade-offs made to suit your play style/enjoyment.  The alternative Consumables and Equipment load-outs are a nice touch and will provide options.  It's all paid for with Credits ya can easily make in-game, so no real $$$ need be spent; hence, it's not pay-to-play.  AND it seems pretty straight forward.  I look forward to "Personalizing" my favorite tanks.  As everyone can do so (Credits not Gold), I expect most every tank Tier VI and higher I encounter on the Battlefield will also be "Personalized," so I see no Competitive Advantage for one person vis a vis another.

How it stacks with Crew 2.0, which DOES seem pretty complex and which I'm on the fence about, I'm not sure.  I think field Mods will be fine with our without Crew 2.0.  

Good Luck and Enjoy Yourself.  Haters gonna Hate... 

As Mad mentioned. I guess tier V will no longer face tier VI? WAIT no they still will. But that's not game breaking or a huge advantage right? Maybe its a just I don't care because I want it.

Selfish got to selfish right?

ThaneTyrian #14 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 18:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19961 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

View PostRamaLamaDingDong1, on Aug 06 2021 - 08:59, said:

As Mad mentioned. I guess tier V will no longer face tier VI? WAIT no they still will. But that's not game breaking or a huge advantage right? Maybe its a just I don't care because I want it.

Selfish got to selfish right?

Tier VI will  also face Tier IV sometimes!  I don't think its gonna be the "Grand Canyon" effect between Tiers IV, V relative to VI because if a tier VI gets a +3% advantage in aiming, it'll get a -3% disadvantage in hit points etc.  Overall the advantages and disadvantages will equal out and it will still be a Tier VI equivalent tank, BUT it may be a bit different acting based on someone's preferences if field-modified versus an un-field-modified version of that same tank.  Kind of like Equip 2.0.  I put a Turbocharger on my T77 and GSOR and now I can sprint past some Mediums with those two to get into position way faster.  The T77 and GSOR aren't usually that fast so it takes people by surprise.  Field-Mods will have a similar feel, I think.  Even less so maybe, because there is no negative disadvantage to the increased speed the Turbo provides, other than I can't have some other piece of equipment in its slot. Field Mods is improve here at the expense of less there, so there's always a negative with the positive. 

Good Luck and Enjoy... Haters gonna Hate and Selfish gonna Grab Extra :-)

Cowcat137 #15 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 23754 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS
Let's make things even more complicated for new players.  They are going to cruise into tier six with good results from the kindergarten tiers and plow into a wall of enemies with highly skilled crews, bonus equipments, field mods and who knows what next.

Edited by Cowcat137, Aug 06 2021 - 20:15.

MMI_SPI #16 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28215 battles

View PostThaneTyrian, on Aug 06 2021 - 12:14, said:

Tier VI will  also face Tier IV sometimes!  I don't think its gonna be the "Grand Canyon" effect between Tiers IV, V relative to VI because if a tier VI gets a +3% advantage in aiming, it'll get a -3% disadvantage in hit points etc.  Overall the advantages and disadvantages will equal out and it will still be a Tier VI equivalent tank, BUT it may be a bit different acting based on someone's preferences if field-modified versus an un-field-modified version of that same tank.  Kind of like Equip 2.0.  I put a Turbocharger on my T77 and GSOR and now I can sprint past some Mediums with those two to get into position way faster.  The T77 and GSOR aren't usually that fast so it takes people by surprise.  Field-Mods will have a similar feel, I think.  Even less so maybe, because there is no negative disadvantage to the increased speed the Turbo provides, other than I can't have some other piece of equipment in its slot. Field Mods is improve here at the expense of less there, so there's always a negative with the positive. 

Good Luck and Enjoy... Haters gonna Hate and Selfish gonna Grab Extra :-)

My Type64 fully kitted begs to differ.

490+m VR against newbies is already punishing em to the max, just for trying to get into pusition. Haven't tried yet what FM you can put on, but I can already see it going the wrong way.

EQ2.0 gives some options, but usually it's only used to maximize the extreme. Even90 with camo memes, then T95 with IH, impossible to track, Bobjekt with turbo for ramming.

It will not help the game, its a convoluted mess for first timers and/or slow boomers, and only push the game further away from acceptable balance. More roflstomp, more 4:30min games, more reliance on speed/mobility to do damage and big slow tanks are now a pain to play.

ThaneTyrian #17 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 21:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19961 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

View PostMMI_SPI, on Aug 06 2021 - 11:13, said:

My Type64 fully kitted begs to differ.

490+m VR against newbies is already punishing em to the max, just for trying to get into pusition. Haven't tried yet what FM you can put on, but I can already see it going the wrong way.

EQ2.0 gives some options, but usually it's only used to maximize the extreme. Even90 with camo memes, then T95 with IH, impossible to track, Bobjekt with turbo for ramming.

It will not help the game, its a convoluted mess for first timers and/or slow boomers, and only push the game further away from acceptable balance. More roflstomp, more 4:30min games, more reliance on speed/mobility to do damage and big slow tanks are now a pain to play.

And all of that has nothing to do with Field Modifications.  That's your Crew and Equipment.  That's already in the game.

View PostCowcat137, on Aug 06 2021 - 10:59, said:

Let's make things even more complicated for new players.  They are going to cruise into tier six with good results from the kindergarten tiers and plow into a wall of enemies with highly skilled crews, bonus equipments, field mods and who knows what next.

Brother, Field Mods aren't complicated.  Crew 2.0? Yeah, that looks to be.  Waaaay back in the day when we were ALL noobs, we had to slog through the Grinds without the benefit of Personal Reserves and Blue Prints.  Now Peeps get to skip Grinds altogether because of those things.  They'll have better Tanks faster, but still be inexperienced, but if they want to "get gud," there are so many videos on YouTube they can watch and People in the Game that will help them.  That wasn't nearly as available in 2012 as it is now.  Things change.  New Challenges arise.  Everything evolves.  It's ALL Good!

cloudwalking #18 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 198 battles

Was part of the test server and never got any surveys.

"How this works"  - simple...those who have the resources buy another tier X tank worth of xp and have a boosted tank.  Add that with 2.0 crew and you are now head and shoulders above anyone not willing to spend as much.

FYI - on test server is was roughly 250k xp to unlock all options for a tier X.  Judging by how previous test server prices have gone I'd expect that to go up.

This is one more thing NOBODY ASKED FOR and will only be a MASSIVE xp and credit sink to players.  New players will literally never catch up without dropping a ton of money.  No thank you.

Oh, this is a forum and not a survey or poll so WG won't give a crap.

warrends #19 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 24265 battles
Thank you.

SmugSimsAL #20 Posted Aug 06 2021 - 23:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11606 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

People raging over tiny 1-3% boosts.

I seriously doubt any of these are anywhere near gamebreaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users