Worst community I've ever seen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

lugzan #41 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 03:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
welcome to internet?

if you need ask question do it in the forum and no in the troll lair i mean general chat =)

Flipmode66 #42 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
This is a pvp environment with more than its fair share of children. If WoW's general chat ONLY included the pvprs I'm sure you could imagine
how much worse it would be. If I were you I would seek out a clan, you can usually find decent chat and good help that way.

Any MMO is going to have childish trolls hiding behind their keyboards, fully aware that there are no repercussions for however they choose to behave.
Welcome to the internet.

1858remington #43 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 04:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
If your a new player your going to start out on low tier battles with other new players.

Chances are they cant answer your questions because the are new like you.

This forum is the best place to get answers for new players.

Or you can find someone on the forum and send them a message.

Lancestrike #44 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 12:10

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Try downloading and playing Heroes of Newerth, then you will find a community devoid of happiness or any kind souls
Its kinda hard to type mass messages while manoeuvrings a tank i've found as well

jdtherocker #45 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 14:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
In-game is not the place to ask, if you go to forums and you ask you'll be more likely to get a response and a proper one too.

Nine3 #46 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 16:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Shooter games always have worse communities than traditional MMO games.

hairychocolatehunk #47 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 17:05

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yea the community can be pretty bad at times. Most of the players have that it's "all about me" mentality and can be insulting, yet the mods will do nothing. If you suggest some controversial ie purchasing xp in the suggestion forum, you can some people insulting and people trying to argue with you instead of debate you. What do the mods do? They don't issue warnings or delete the bad posts they simply lock your thread. Now whether this was done based off of laziness of emotion(the mod clearly was against my idea by his own admission) i don't know. All I know is we need fair and better mods to keep this community in check.

Flashram #48 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Interesting. 90% of all my questions have been answered in the general chat. I've even had a great person PM me and allowed me to ask even more questions about the game. Usually if you have the slightest attention span, then you can notice someone will answer your question

Lert #49 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 14:25

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
I think it's a bit unfair to call the whole community "The worse you've ever seen" when you only have experience in general chat. The community is much more than that.

- General chat is only available for people who are at that moment in their garage. Ergo, not actively playing the game. And most people in the community have the game to actually play it. I know that's what I've got it for.

- In-game chat will usually be a lot more friendly, but you have a far smaller playerpool to post your query to. Not to mention that after just 1 day of gaming you'll still be low tier, and the chances that someone knows the answer to your question is smaller in low tiers than in high tiers.

- The forum is where you'll find 99.9999% of the answers to any question you might have, with by far the largest part using a simple search. You'll also find that by far and wide, most people on the forum are actually quite nice. Ofcourse, there are trolls here, and if you ask a question that has been asked 20+ times before you will be told to use the search, but still, on the whole most people on the forum here are friendly. Even if the very first thing you do on the forum is call them "the worst community you have ever seen" when your only experience with the community is the in-garage general chat.

General Chat is the easiest to access (as the forums require atleast a small amount of thought to get to and use) so you'll find the largest percentage of trolls in general chat. After all, trolls hate having to work for their lulz.

rinying #50 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:50

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posthairychocolatehunk, on Oct 14 2011 - 17:05, said:

Yea the community can be pretty bad at times. Most of the players have that it's "all about me" mentality and can be insulting, yet the mods will do nothing. If you suggest some controversial ie purchasing xp in the suggestion forum, you can some people insulting and people trying to argue with you instead of debate you. What do the mods do? They don't issue warnings or delete the bad posts they simply lock your thread. Now whether this was done based off of laziness of emotion(the mod clearly was against my idea by his own admission) i don't know. All I know is we need fair and better mods to keep this community in check.
hmm....not to start another locked thread but still, bad idea. we had valid reasons and the mod did as well and he was fair, btw you asked him to lol. etc.etc.etc.

now onto the original post. it kinda depends ingame, i would suggest getting a guild and platooning with some people (TT (treasure trove) is the guild me and jd are in and we dont care about tiers or really anything else except friendly and good personality) also try world chatting it ingame, if you press ctrl youll send your message to the enemy team as well, just dont give out your players positions to the enemy team. also try to make ingame friends that you work well together in random battles with, like similar playstyle same sense of humor, etc... also yes general is an epic fail, dont really click on it much, guilds will be much better for answering your questions, also try typing help chatroom into the find a channel at the left hand bottom of the garage screen. hope this helps :).

zyphaz #51 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 19:56

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLancestrike, on Oct 14 2011 - 12:10, said:

Try downloading and playing Heroes of Newerth, then you will find a community devoid of happiness or any kind souls
Its kinda hard to type mass messages while manoeuvrings a tank i've found as well

:Smile_honoring:

I was going to say, the OP obviously has never played HoN or DoTA.

SKULL2XL #52 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Obviously he didn't play company of heroes online! wot is much better

Comrade_Zhukov #53 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
So you're new.  That means you get grouped with other noobs for the first few days, who will certainly act stupid.  Once you get a higher tier tank, there will be people who MIGHT respond.  Its not people's biggest priority in battle.  Going on the forum, which you have already done, is a great first step and will introduce you to some of the nicer players.  General chat, pffft.  That's a waste of time.

fiGhtiNg_iRiSh #54 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 02:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think that generaly, people are just scared of the BoogieMan. So Good Luck!  :Smile_great:

Ghoest #55 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
95 or 99 percent of players almost never go in general chat. So really it has nothing to do with the community of players.

But really it cant be the worst. I guess you never played EVE.

TwiztedMunky #56 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I've played EVE, WoW, Rift, and a couple others that i cant remember and yes this one has to be the worst, This forum/community i will have to agree with the OP on this one, 97.7% of the people on here seem to just be trolls, its sad really :'(

ApplesauceBandit #57 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:36

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
I tend to be helpful on the forums, but I just don't have the time to while I'm in game.

ParaGod #58 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 16:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The OP is basically correct.  In game and out  of game, most of the talking in chat is pointless banter.  Most of it is bashing players about there skill or about there lack of it.  This is one of the reasons I do not play as much as I used to, I am tired of all the BS that goes on in game.

While I do still play I just ignore the chat screen entirely.

ParaGod #59 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 16:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postjdtherocker, on Oct 14 2011 - 14:21, said:

In-game is not the place to ask, if you go to forums and you ask you'll be more likely to get a response and a proper one too.

I disagree partly.  In game is good for spot questions, such as, where is the best place to sit for TD's or should I go this way or that way.  The general chat should be a place to ask questions freely, but as the OP had stated it is not.  

I too have played WoW, Rift, Eve and others.  Granted most of the chat is rants and other BS, you do get some good advice.  In the forums, yes you get good advice, but why can you not get the same from in game general chat?

1858remington #60 Posted Oct 19 2011 - 06:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I here tell that the community in a state prison is pretty bad. :lol:

At least here, you dont have to worry when showering. :D